Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    Lozze - if you had said, "I dropped 5% body fat since starting NROL4W" - I'd have said, "AWESOME JOB!!" However, I don't know ANYTHING about "body fit", so I'll still say: "AWESOME JOB!!"
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm doing my first Stage 5 B workout today. I'm stoked. Gonna kill it today, yes I am....
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    p.s. There are all kinds of things the BMF doesn't monitor well--like the elliptical, and the exercise bike. You have to move it to your leg, and it still never really gives full credit for calories burned on the elliptical. Strength training also--not sure it estimates the cals quite right. It loves the treadmill though! I figure it's close enough once everything averages out.

That's interesting. This is the problem with the fitbit, which is basically a pedometer, but I thought the BMF was different - I thought it took other things into account like body temperature etc. Is that not the case?

I understand why it may not be totally correct for strength training, circuit training, or interval training, but can't imagine why it would not be for the elliptical or biking. When doing the first 3, your body temperature does not generally hold at a steady enough level for it to register, but the last two it would. When I would do an hour long circuit training DVD, the BMF would only give me about 300 calories burned where the HRM would be closer to 500 calories burned. However if I walked or used the elliptical for an hour, they were both really close.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    <----changed my username.

Lozze - I'm assuming you mean body fat %, if so that's excellent!!

Beeps - let us know how Stage 5 goes.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yes I mean body fat. Damn iPhone!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    p.s. There are all kinds of things the BMF doesn't monitor well--like the elliptical, and the exercise bike. You have to move it to your leg, and it still never really gives full credit for calories burned on the elliptical. Strength training also--not sure it estimates the cals quite right. It loves the treadmill though! I figure it's close enough once everything averages out.

That's interesting. This is the problem with the fitbit, which is basically a pedometer, but I thought the BMF was different - I thought it took other things into account like body temperature etc. Is that not the case?

The following is a quote from Amazon's link for the Body Media: Multi-variable tracking using four sophisticated sensors; armband captures over 5000 data points, per minute, to track everything from temperature, sweat, steps, calories burned and sleep quality, every minute, of every day.

I will be happy to know my TDEE and calories burned during exercising. SOOO excited to get it.

Lozze, that is AWESOME! congrats
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! I am doing my 3rd workout of the program for I believe it is still called 1A or something I have to look at the book when I get home. Does anyone want to humor me and tell me if I do the same exact workout at workout 1? Thanks!
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's the same. However, you should try to lift heavier than you did in your first workout if possible. Enjoy :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Then, yes, Lozze, losing 5% BODY FAT PERCENTAGE in a few months is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

keep up all of your efforts....it's working!!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Jennie, I know, I don't understand why the BMF isn't very accurate for the elliptical either. But I know it's not because based on my HR (and my exertion level) I know I'm burning a lot more calories than the BMF says I am, even when the band is on my calf. For the bike, the BMF seems pretty accurate when the band is worn on the calf.
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else feel exhausted the day after they lifted weights when they first started or is it just me? I 'm not hungry, so I think I'm eating enough, I'm just tired. Any suggestions?
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    @Alexa The first couple of weeks I was doing the program I was EXHAUSTED--definitely in the afternoon after lifting (I lift in the morning), but also just generally exhausted. That stabilized and I felt great. Now that I've started phase 2, which is hard all over again (or, hard and NEW), I'm exhausted again. I hope it goes away soon.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    omg, MAJOR fast food binge.

After a GREAT 11-day performance, this is a CRASH-AND-BURN day.

I'm disgusted with myself....but, everything tasted VERY GOOD and now I have a VERY BAD STOMACH ACHE.

Sheesh - serves me right. Back on course tomorrow dah-links!!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    @Alexa The first couple of weeks I was doing the program I was EXHAUSTED--definitely in the afternoon after lifting (I lift in the morning), but also just generally exhausted. That stabilized and I felt great. Now that I've started phase 2, which is hard all over again (or, hard and NEW), I'm exhausted again. I hope it goes away soon.

same for me

Beeps , try not to beat yourself up too bad. Although I know how you feel. :flowerforyou:
  • jenniet04
    Options
    @ Beeps - Yeah, why does it have to be so hard some days? I'm totally fighting the urge to go get the M&Ms that are in the office and I don't even really care for M&Ms unless they're peanut, which they're not. Just move on and get back on track like I know you will.

@ Alexa - yes I am totally exhaused when lifting, like no energy to do anything. For me it doesn't seem to be as bad in Stage 2, but I'm still trying to get back to normal after traveling.
  • lostalykat
    Options
    @alexa I have been so tired this week and no energy for doing workouts on non lifting days. I am hoping that subsides so I can get a little cardio in on those off days.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV: SIZE 8 Work pants. Pre-first-born size (he's 8), funny enough I'm still 15 lbs over Pre-first-born weight. I LOVE LIFTING!
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Today's NSV: SIZE 8 Work pants. Pre-first-born size (he's 8), funny enough I'm still 15 lbs over Pre-first-born weight. I LOVE LIFTING!

This is Great! I am not sure I have ever worn a size 8! This is one of my main goals, but honestly I don't even care about what size I wear if I look hot and toned!
  • manic4titans
    Options

That is great! Must feel amazing.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Awesome!