Stage 3

Options

Replies

• loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Overall I still feel awkward doing that one arm up other one down squat move. My body is always twisting alll weirdly. This I don't like. Don't like planks either - I suck at them and strangely my time is getting worse? Is it a mind thing? I don't know - have a lovely day all!!!!

I do workout 2A today. All but one of the videos I found on you tube of the single arm overhead squat did NOT use a weight between the legs. They only used a weight overhead. So I thinks that what I'm going to try today. Dealing with the weight between my legs was causing my back pain and knee pain from being at a weird angle. So I'm going to try it without it and see what happens.
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I complete 2A Saturday and will do 2B tonight.

I was able to increase all the weights for 2A... balancing on the single leg deadlifts are still tricky, but getting better. My planks were okay... I start to shake right about the 1 minute mark... I just focus on breathing and really tightening up my lower abs and glutes... it helps me... but then again... might be completely mental :laugh:

BWM's 1st set: 2:10, 2nd set 2:02... shocked, but pleased.... 1A was 2:22 and 2:23... so getting better :happy:

Not looking forward to YTWLs tonight... hate those!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Overall I still feel awkward doing that one arm up other one down squat move. My body is always twisting alll weirdly. This I don't like. Don't like planks either - I suck at them and strangely my time is getting worse? Is it a mind thing? I don't know - have a lovely day all!!!!

I do workout 2A today. All but one of the videos I found on you tube of the single arm overhead squat did NOT use a weight between the legs. They only used a weight overhead. So I thinks that what I'm going to try today. Dealing with the weight between my legs was causing my back pain and knee pain from being at a weird angle. So I'm going to try it without it and see what happens.

I thought the same thing when I watched the videos on youtube. However, I do have to say that the actual squat would not have been nearly as challenging without the weight between the legs. I really struggled to get up those last couple of reps during my last A workout.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Done with Stage 3A! Woot woot!
    Final results:
    1 arm DB snatch: 25 lbs. to 35 lbs.
    DB Single Leg Romanian Deadlift: 40 lbs (two 20 lb. DBs) to 50 lbs.
    Barbell Bent Over Row: 85 lbs. to 105 lbs.
    DB single arm overhead squat: 30 and 15 lb. weights to 35 and 17.5 DBs
    DB Incline Bench Press: 50 lbs (two 25 lb. DBs) to 60 lbs.
    Plank: Worst time: 90 sec. Best time: 2:20(today)
    Reverse Wood Chop:30 lbs. to 35 lbs. These felt weird to me.

BWM: went from 2:35 to best time of 2:05. Note: I didn't alternate my legs for the lunges. Just did 12 on each side in a row. I know my squat jumps were less than stellar as well, but I am glad to be done with that beast for awhile. :)
  • loricolwill
    Options

I thought the same thing when I watched the videos on youtube. However, I do have to say that the actual squat would not have been nearly as challenging without the weight between the legs. I really struggled to get up those last couple of reps during my last A workout.

I just can not get the overhead squats. I tried today without the weight between my lef and my form still sucked. I'm really at a loss as to how to do these correctly. It's back to you tube for me to watch some more videos. If anyone has a good one, please share.
  • loricolwill
    Options
    Final results:

BWM: went from 2:35 to best time of 2:05. Note: I didn't alternate my legs for the lunges. Just did 12 on each side in a row. I know my squat jumps were less than stellar as well, but I am glad to be done with that beast for awhile. :)

Your numbers are inspiring!
  • annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Final results:

GREAT Job!! Our numbers are somewhat similar (will post mine next). Adios BWM!!!
  • laurajordana
    laurajordana Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Final results:

Nice! I just did the first A workout today. Body weight matrix took me 5 minutes flat! Once I get to lunge jumps I'm exhausted plus my gym was sooo crowded and people were walking all around me so it was distracting.

Reverse wood chop feels weird to me too.. the cable always digs into my arm. I like what it does to my abs though. The one leg deadlift is awkward and I always feel like I'm going to fall over
  • annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Finished last A workout today! Results:

One-armed DB snatch --> 25 lbs. - 35 lbs.
    Single Leg Romanian Deadlift --> 30 lb DBs - 35 lb DBs
    Bent Over Row --> 75 lbs - 95 lbs
    Single arm OH squat --> 10/20 lbs - 15/30 lbs
    Incline Bench Press --> 25 lb DBs - 30 lb DBs
    Plank --> 3 sets, 90 sec each
    Reverse Wood Chop --> 45 lbs - 60 lbs

BWM: first time 3:10, best time (2nd set today) 2:10
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Finished last A workout today! Results:

One-armed DB snatch --> 25 lbs. - 35 lbs.
    Single Leg Romanian Deadlift --> 30 lb DBs - 35 lb DBs
    Bent Over Row --> 75 lbs - 95 lbs
    Single arm OH squat --> 10/20 lbs - 15/30 lbs
    Incline Bench Press --> 25 lb DBs - 30 lb DBs
    Plank --> 3 sets, 90 sec each
    Reverse Wood Chop --> 45 lbs - 60 lbs

BWM: first time 3:10, best time (2nd set today) 2:10

Get it girl! You amaze me!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Final results:

awesome BWM time. I hope to begin Stage 5 next week (hurt my back today on the wood chop) . You did BWM in half of my time! awesome 'possum. :bigsmile:
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tawnya & Anna! You girls are awesome! :)

How the heck are you doing BWM so fast though? Even when I shortened it yesterday to 24 squat, 24 lunge, 6 jump lunge, and 6 jump squat, it still took me 4:30 for the first set and 4 min. for the 2nd set. When I did the full 24-24-24-24 last week, it took me NINE minutes. What am I missing (besides speed)?
  • cpa8198
    Options
    2B - check!
    Definitely need a massage... I have a knot on my upper back, left shoulder... YTWLs didn't help with the DOMs...
    I'm also having a hard time balancing on the partial squats... I wore my flat shoes last night and I was wobbly. Didn't have an issue with my other shoes.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options

I started out with just the overhead weight but it hurt my back. I actually need the bottom weight to keep me straight LOL. For partial squats, I keep the weight, be it a plate OR a db depending, and I lower from a bench basically until the weight hits my knee. If you're still doing body weight, then having your hands in front of you would be proper form and it aides the balance.

Also, BWM is stage 5 actually feels easier and it lets you know how much stronger you've gotten since stage 3. Almost halved my time...or maybe I was just really slow back then, either way....
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you ladies finishing up Stage 3! You totally rock and inspire thank you!

Hmm...maybe the whole plank issue is in my mind like jnh said :) Maybe I should lower the weight on that other workout. I'm using 10 and 20 right now. Will try that. Its still awkward I think :) Did 2B today and what do u know. It wasn't so bad after all. Plus my legs allowed me to do the intervals at the end! Ya me! Before I was too tired and my legs were all jiggly. So today I am proud :) Now - lets plan to make it through the rest of the night without eating any brownies ok?

Lets keep pressin ladies!!!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just did workout A2 of stage 3, but it was also the first time I attempted to do the matrix, since I pulled a muscle during A1.

WOW! The regular squats and lunges were fine, but I could only manage 12 jumping lunges and about 6 jumping squats. Does everyone do the BW matrix directly after workout A? I'd rather do them in the morning, as I do NROL in the evenings.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just did workout A2 of stage 3, but it was also the first time I attempted to do the matrix, since I pulled a muscle during A1.

WOW! The regular squats and lunges were fine, but I could only manage 12 jumping lunges and about 6 jumping squats. Does everyone do the BW matrix directly after workout A? I'd rather do them in the morning, as I do NROL in the evenings.

Awe, don't take the easy way out :p. With the ladies here, the time is all over the board. Some can do it in 2 minutes and it takes some 10 minutes.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Awe, don't take the easy way out :p. With the ladies here, the time is all over the board. Some can do it in 2 minutes and it takes some 10 minutes.

That would be me in the 10 minute range (when I do ALL the reps). I was short on time for A2, so I cut the jump reps to 6 each, but for A3 & A4, I'm going to do all of them, even if I do have to take breaks to catch my breath every 6 jump reps or so. I do hope I can get faster than 9 minutes, but if I don't, then I don't.
  • cpa8198
    Options
    Does everyone do the BW matrix directly after workout A?

I do them right after the workout. There's definitely a lot of difference between A1 and A2... I guess since I knew what to expect, the second time wasn't so bad. During A1, I didn't take the full rest time in between sets (hubby was rushing to leave)... for A2... I sat on the floor - winded and all - and made sure I rested for 2x time (+ a little over).
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the lunges. Does anyone just stay stationary and finish one leg, then move to the next? Same with the jump lunges?