Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Oh no Patsy ~~~ Ladybird, ladybird fly away home, your house is on fire and your children all gone..... except you can't because you're now in one of Patsy's paintings!! Not sure I know any nursery rhymes about gekkos. :p

Almost midnight here so off to bed!
    Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    my computer is acting like a *kitten*
    have lost every post I started. So will try to catch you tomorrow
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    Good evening. I finally have my new recliner. Ahhhhhhhh. Love it. All the other furniture is now moved back in place and I've ordered my couch which I'll get in September........yeah!

Meanwhile, still having relatively nasty joint problems and have purchased a cane because my knees are so unreliable right now. I guess they didn't want my hands to feel lonely since they'd unreliable for quite a while now. I think I need to look at what I'm eating. I may try to go without grains for a while and just go with beans, lentils, etc. I read that grains can cause some people to have more problems with autoimmune disorders, arthritis, etc. Boy, I hope not---I adore oatmeal and I think quinoa would be on a "not often' list. Rice I probably wouldn't miss at all.

Meanwhile, I'm going to make some tea and curl up and enjoy this chair. I ADORE it!

Hugs.......

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    503123efms5ynr03.gif

Congratulations on new char Lin! Glad you LOVE it!
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited July 2015
    Yesterday was a very but rather enjoyable strange day. For a start it rained all day, and maybe that was why in all the 5 stores I went into the servers were all zombie like and lethargic. Really strange, as though the world was standing still. Then I read everybody's posts and it still seemed sorta strange. BUZZ getting messages in French, and me spending time translating poorly and finding out later on scrolling down that SANDY had already translated it beautifully! HONEY then deciding to clean PHOEBES floor by mopping up the cooking oil and I had visions of PATSY running around with a butterfly net and a dustpan collecting bugs for her earth painting. JACKIE capped it all off with not being able to think of a nursery rhyme about geckos. Me neither except I couldn't get the song "geckos (because) God made you mine I'll cherish thee" out of my head for the rest of the evening. When I used to say about something "I'm curious" my grumpy old photography friend used to answer "you're curious all right" so I guess you can add me to the list of a very strange day.
    MARIES computer was also acting strange and I finally did the same as LIN, had a cup of tea on my not so new chair and read a Peter Robinson novel.
    I wonder what today will bring for us all! At least our lives aren't dull!!!
    Cheerio everyone, Anne.

• Sandydur
    Happy Saturday!! :) Another hot and humid day, so another pool day although I do feel cooked from yesterday.
    I will just go for a short time today, unless a friend comes and joins me. Rob, Lisa and Robby are going to a picnic so they won't be joining me. Babe had oral surgery done and is on soft foods so if we go to Church we probably won't be going to dinner, but at least I will see Daisy.

By the way, I translated with google translator, I know no French. LOL

Have a wonderful day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    My boys. I decided to get 2 kittens. my sister in law brought 2 by for me to choose from. I could not choose so I took both of them. glad I did for they can keep each other co. They have taken over My computer chair so having to unused another one. here's The Boys PJ And JR.19y0amsokfhw.jpg

marie
  • Sandydur
    Marie, sooooooooo cute!! Congratulations!! Enjoy them!!!
  • Jacean245
    MARIE, your kittens are so sweet!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Proud of you Marie, for taking two. They will love being together. Okie has outdoor fever. He's been out for several hours, just came indoors, and seems ready to go out again!

Jim has volunteered us(which means me) to cook dinner for our company owner. She lost her husband ,our boss, in December. Turns out she has three people living with her, so it's for at least six. Off I go to the grocery. Glad it's a simple dinner. Tried the recipe for a one layer sponge cake today. It's easy and will be delish with sweet ripe peaches and whipped cream. Hungry yet?

Patsy, that sounds like a fun painting, do you know any kids willing to sell their bug collection?
    Anne, if it was raining and cool here, I'd be asleep on my feet! Our summers are filled with afternoon thunderstorms, and one is brewing now.
    Lin, glad your in a comfortable chair, have you tried a heating pad.

Better go now,

Phoebe
  • linder4866
    edited July 2015
    Hello everyone. Hot here as well. Did my errands early today so I've avoided taking out my car in the heat advisory weather! I have my ceiling fan running as well as the A/C. Our power company will cut out power to our air conditioning for a few hours if demand gets too high so the fan can really help out.

ADORE your kitties Marie. Hello to PJ and JR!! Just darling......

Sandy - don't roast out there today. Glad you'll get to see Daisy.

Phoebe - you are a darling to do that cooking and I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Does that lady have these people living with her full-time? Or are they just visiting?

Anne - yesterday was an odd one wasn't it. I have a couple of things I want to order online today---I have a friend with a birthday soon and saw something I'd like to get for her and now all I have to do is find it again!! But since yesterday was an odd day, I wonder if I'll track it down.

Jackie - I do not know any insect poems! Did you visit with that lady so dear George could get a little treat?

Patsy - we have a beetle here that looks like a ladybug but is not. My dad's house from time to time seemed to host a number of them so I was always picking up dead bugs. Had I known, I could have saved them for you as they really do look like ladybugs. Best wishes on your book endeavor and I'm glad you have someone keeping you on track. I often think someone should be prodding me along!

Buzz - I was going to translate for you because I do know some French but didn't get around to it. Had you requested to have your days reset? I did that one day when my days went away when the app required me to login again. I found some automated request form or something at that time and they reset it but did not send along a message. Windows 10? Is it installed??

Shirley - I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I see you posted a bit about it. When do you get back?

Off to try to find that birthday gift for my friend. Love you my friends!!

Lin

• Sandydur
    Happy 59th Year Anniversary Marie and Jerry!

7pe1h3rmegt9.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Jerry and I are going out to eat on our 59th anniversary in a few minutes I will eat vegan for sure.
    Marie
  • Jacean245
    HAPPY 59th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY MARIE AND JERRY!!!
    -
    nl1j9v66wyki.jpg
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Marie and Jerry!
    A very happy anniversary. We have a big one coming next April. I guess this means you and Jerry will need to have huge blow out next year. I do love your sweet kitty boys. Are they what some people call calico cats? I don't know much about cats. Our son had two feral cats for 22 years. They were never very friendly and were always a bit wild. These of yours look so sweet and cuddly. All my best wishes for a lovely anniversary.
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    I am so impressed with those of you that can add graphics to your messages. I have tried and have totally messed up every time. So I guess I will just THINK hearts and flowers for Marie and hope she gets the picture subliminally.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    Happy anniversary Marie. Enjoy your supper out with dear Jerry.

109279f2o6z8ek9q.gif

Lin
  • linder4866
    oystereyes wrote: »
    Marie and Jerry!
    A very happy anniversary. We have a big one coming next April. I guess this means you and Jerry will need to have huge blow out next year. I do love your sweet kitty boys. Are they what some people call calico cats? I don't know much about cats. Our son had two feral cats for 22 years. They were never very friendly and were always a bit wild. These of yours look so sweet and cuddly. All my best wishes for a lovely anniversary.
    Patsy

Patsy - which big anniversary is coming up for you and DH? You'll let us know when it rolls round right??

Still too hot to go out for the mail. Maybe in a couple of hours.

Lin
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    1179117zvzqcfsjsn.gif

Happy Anniversary!
    59 is Fantastic!!

Love ya. Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Hey, MARIE, check out JR carefully; it's a tricolor, which I had been led to believe is always female! They are both adorable!
    LIN, have a wonderful lifetime with that new chair! Of course it will remain your favorite!
    PHOEBE, of course you've been elected to be chief cook and bottle-washer, I still drool thinking about your Georgia peaches!
    ANNE, you're funny, and your humor comes through loud and clear! I forgot geckoes have a c!
    SANDY, so good to hear you still get to spend time with Daisy!
    JACKIE, with everything you accomplish, it's a wonder you find any time for this forum!

I'm still looking for an answer to the email problem with Comcast appearing to disconnect my internet service while I'm on Window's Live MAIL. My head is spinning, but the end is in sight, I hope.
    <3 Buzz