Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Hi Marcie, must have been a busy day.

Hi Jannie, I'd need to rest too after hours like you have. The fix hubby did worked so the clothes have been washed again and dried. Still waiting to be folded. You're right, it is interesting to spend time at the laundromat but it's sure nice to do it at home too.

I did get the verses for Good News Club and got them hole-punched. Since Ralph left before dinner for his appointment, I fixed eggs for dinner. I like them better than he did. We both had them for supper so had plenty for one day but they were good. I set up the chairs for Good News Club, got the cookies ready to serve and all the normal things I do. The story was the Tower of Babble and the person did a good job of telling it. It was almost six before I got home. Haven't done much more than fix supper and do a little CCS. I need to get my list done now. I basically have two mornings at home to do waht I want here before I'll be busy watching 4 of the grandkids (6,5, 4, & 3 years old). I'll be running around the rest of the time. You know me. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend and some shopping before going to watch Emily. I'm planning easy meals including Sunday dinner - not necessarily what many would call healthy but they'll be liked and eaten and not take a lot of my time. And sometimes that's the way to go.

Hubby got signed up for the research deal today so now he has a jawbone. He doesn't get to see totals for his steps for now but eventually, he'll see if he moves as much as he thinks he does. They told him about another study he'd almost rather do but it's too late to change.

I think tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day too. I'll enjoy them while they last.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    arobed53 wrote: »
    Good morning - foggy here. Hope it burns off soon so I can go to church and get the verses for Good News Club so I can hole punch them. Otherwise home till this afternoon - well, unless I take my load of laundry over to my sister's. We did figure out the problem. Now to fix it. Slow start this morning.

Hay Debora, if you need parts for your washing machine you can check out "RepairClinic.Com". I know your hubby has it working right now but for future repairs of just about anything, they have a lot of parts.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Good afternoon, thought I'd pop in before I take off. Morning went okay. It was a slow moving day for me for some reason but I do have what goes to town and Lori's loaded up and my list made. Got my load of laundry folded and put away and ran the vacuum. I know I won't do much to the house when the kids are here. i just hope they be helpful in cleaning up at the end of the day.

Meeting a friend for lunch and then will shop (look for books and stuff) until time to go to Lori's. No hurry stuff which is fun.

Tammy, that's for the repairclinic.com link. I want to look up what the part will cost so will check it out. We often order online cause we can get it for less.

Ralph came home for dinner but had to go back to the farm to help get the semi out of a muddy spot in the field. At least it didn't take too long. Will start on my list and then go. Have a great day. It's a beautiful one here.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

It's actually raining here today. We sure need it, but one day of rain won't do much for us. Just enjoying the rainy day.

Dad takes his new truck in on Friday so they can install a rearview camera. They will also be putting in a keyless entry system. He thought he wouldn't miss it, but he keeps walking off trying to lock it with his non-keyless key. Habits.

Cisco had an appointment for the vet on Friday for his annual checkup and shot, but we've rescheduled for Monday because Dad has to take his truck in on Friday. While we have him at the vet, I'm going to have him look at what I think is just a little mole, but I want to have it checked out. I'm always feeling up that dog to see if has any stickers and ran across that. At first I thought it was a tick, but Dad ruled that out.

Cisco's birthday was on March 1st. He turned 3 years old. We really don't know his actual birthday, so we declared March 1st to be his birthday.

Last night I took Cisco and Simon out on the enclosed front porch and Cisco came really close to being skunked. There was one on the other side of the wrought iron fence and Cisco tried to chase it. I got him away from the skunk just in time. Ugh. I expect skunks out in the back yard, but not near the front porch. He was skunked 3 times last year (twice in one night) and I'm shooting for a skunkless 2015! Dad says when he and Cisco are out on the morning walks and it's still dark out, they have to be careful and watch out for skunks hiding in the bushes.

Yesterday for lunch I had a patty melt at work and sure regretted it. My stomach just doesn't do well anymore with ground meat. I went easy for dinner last night and just had a bowl of cereal. Feeling ok today though.

I got on the scale last night on a whim. I usually only weigh myself twice a month (I'm still a follower of the 2 week trend from NM), but was curious. Weighed again this morning and dropped 5 pounds overnight. I know it's just flukey body thing and not to take that much of an overnight drop seriously, but it sure put a smile on my face! Won't record it though. Sticking to the 2-week thing.

Debora, do you and Ralph pay for all of those books you buy, or is part of a church program. Just curious. Sounds like you are having a nice day.

Jannie, sounds like work is keeping you busy. A 24 hours shift sounds brutal. I hope you are enjoying your days off.

Sheryl, I hope is all ok with you and John.

Well, better get back to work now. Have a great day everyone.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Good morning, it's another beautiful day here. I haven't been outside yet but will pretty soon when I go to town to clean the Community House. I usually do the bathrooms but they aren't too dirty so not too hard. Then we have the REA annual meeting tonight. I already know the menu cause it's been the same for years. I'll pass on the cake and enjoy the mashed potatoes. :)

Yesterday was fun. Had a good visit with my friend. Went to two thrift stores and Dollar Tree. Picked up supper and went to Lori's. Emily was awake most of the evening. She did do a lot of coughing so had to suction her several times. I folded laundry, washed some and did the dishes. Hopefully, it helps them. I got home about 10 o'clock, finished up my list and went to bed.

Marcie, yay on the rain. It's better than nothing. What does a rearview camera show you? You can tell we have older cars. It's good to have Cisco checked. Glad you had an appointment. Happy Birthday Cisco. Wow, I'm glad he didn't get skunked. Close call though. That overnight 5 pounds is kind of fun though. So you way just every two weeks. I do it night and day - just fun to see the changes. I always forget to change it and actually have a hard time figuring out to change it here.

The books are our own thing. Some people in church have helped out but it's become our project. That's why we find as many books as we can at thrift stores cause they cost less. Shipping at least is by the box and not by weight.

I filled my plate full trying to finish up the noodles we had left. Now I feel extra full. Should have stopped when my mind said too. Maybe it's time to try freezing some.

Off to gather up my trash and carry it out. Enjoy your day.

Hello to everyone who might be lurking.

• mygnsac
    Options
    Debora, to update your weight here on MFP, go to:
    • My Home
    • Settings
    • Update diet/fitness profile: Then type in your current weight.
    To see a graph of your weight (or any number of other categories), go to "Reports."
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, sorry I've been MIA almost all week. Fatigue has set in again and I feel tired all the time. Not as bad as during chemo, but I'm not feeling as good as last month either. I'm going to post this because my computer is acting up again and I already lost a post and I wanted you to know I'm here. I'll have more to say later.
  • sannferris
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good Morning.

What a strange week I’ve had, I’ve been feeling tired and John’s been frustrated which pushes me to help him, but I just didn’t feel up to it, so some things got left undone, which frustrated John even more. I hope that today starts a new week of feeling better. Although it’s raining, and forecast to rain all weekend and that makes it harder, if John can’t get outside for a little bit each day.

I did get our tax returns done, so that’s a huge weight lifted.

I plan to make a pot of chili today. I’ve been thinking of it all week, but continued to forget to soak the beans and put it off until “tomorrow”. The next day, I’d do the exact same thing. I finally remembered to put the pinto beans in a pot of water last night…so, today is chili day and perfect since it is gray and dreary. (I do know that I could cook the beans without soaking first, but never got around to that either).

I'm getting chicken and duck eggs every day now, but still no goose eggs yet. I hear a commotion outside right now, so somebody laid an egg and the geese aren't happy about it. I guess they think every egg is fertile and they don't want any more chickens or ducks around.

I'm still debating if I am going to "walk at home" exercise this morning. I think I'll do my PT exercises and see how I feel.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Hi, survived the weekend. Will write more later. Ready to do my list and head for bed.
  • sannferris
    Options
    Good Morning, I survived too. YAY! US!

Going to get blood work done this morning and then some shopping. I asked John to go with me, but since he stayed up late last night and he's not out of bed yet, he probably won't feel like going out. Actually, that will make my errands go faster, I always get a lot more done when he stays at home, but then, I want him to get out more too. What a dilemma.

It rained all weekend and we had strong winds yesterday, which leaves a big mess to clean up today. John was out in the wind picking up some debris, I chose to wait until it's over and just do one big clean-up. The neighbors had left some upholstered furniture out in their back yard and their dogs ripped it all up. The stuffing was everywhere and John was out picking it up at the fence line so the llamas couldn't get at it. I don't think they'd try to eat it anyway, they're smarter than that, but John was concerned. The neighbor boys came out and cleaned it all up in their yard. Wow! were we surprised and extremely pleased. They usually don't care for their yard very well.

I'd better get in the shower and get ready to go.

• mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good Monday morning everyone.

This group has been quiet. :(

Dad and I went out for dinner on Friday. Salad, salmon, smashed potatoes and green beans. Really good. We went no where over the weekend. Just stayed home and got stuff done around the house. My only weekly cooking was a pot of pink beans and hard-boiled eggs.

Yesterday I wanted to dump out the old ice in our ice-maker in the fridge, but the tray was frozen and wouldn't budge. I let it go to long. Dad and I finally got it to break loose, but took nearly an hour! Lesson learned. I'll do that once a month from now on.

Tomorrow the office is having a St. Patrick's Day potluck and I agreed to bring something in. I'm going to make some deviled eggs when I get home from work and bring those in. I'd dye them green, but I'd just as soon not eat dye.

We are cloudy this morning, but I don't think we will get any rain. The weather has been too warm for my tastes lately. 80 degrees in March is just wrong!

Cisco goes to the vet this afternoon for his annual check up and shot. I've directed Dad to have the vet check out a little mole on his side. I just want to make sure it's just a mole. Wanna keep my guy healthy. He and I took a long nap yesterday afternoon. He's so cute when he snuggles up close to me. He likes to use my arm as his pillow!

I had a splurgy breakfast of biscuits & gravy this morning. Really good. Will offset it with a big salad at lunch though.

I have a new favorite snack. Steamed whole green beans. I steamed up a bunch this weekend and have been snacking on them cold. A nice, crunchy, low-cal snack.

Sheryl, I hope your vim & vigor returns soon! That was nice that your neighbor cleaned up that mess.

Debora, a rear view camera gives the driver a clear view behind his vehicle when in reverse. For larger cars and trucks, it really helps when in reverse in tight spaces. My Dad had one installed in his truck on Friday, and my car came with one. Mine has a line that shows how far I can reverse without hitting anything. It comes in handy in the tight underground parking at work.

Back to work. Have a nice day everyone! :)
  • arobed53
    Options
    Hi, another sunshiny day. It warmed up nicely as the morning went on although we still walked inside this morning. Hubby had to get the new pneumonia shot so I rode along and then we checked out the books. We came home to eat since we had plenty of leftovers from yesterday.

Friday morning I did my errands, came home and put everything away and got Alan's kids (6, 5, 4, and 3 years of age) around 2. We played outside a lot. Supper was pizza. Since they just live a couple a miles away, I took them to their house to sleep and they slept well. I had some time to read, work on the afghan and walked around in the house to get more steps in.

Saturday Lori let me know that two of her girls were doing a little cheerleading thing at 11 so I asked my sister to go along and we loaded up the kids and went. It was done at the halftime of a soccer game so we watched it and then left after the cheerleading part and ate at McDonalds and let the kids play. We came home and tried making ice cream with these deals my older sister gave me. I forgot the salt so that didn't help but it had to put in the freezer for awhile and we used it for dessert after the pancakes. Back to their house again for baths and sleeping. Had one meltdown with Ava and it was partly my fault but we all survived and got the smiles back. At bedtime, they each got to choose one book and then when I read their book, they got to sit in my lap.

Sunday was back here. I fed them and then put in on a taped show wile I dressed and did dinner stuff as this was the day everyone came. I did hot dogs cause they are easy, chips, baked beans (do not like the Van Camps ones), carrots, applesauce and Klondike bars. The bars were on sale and they always act like they are so good. We decided they weren't that special and melted too quickly so will just go back to Dillon ice cream bars. We all like them. It was nice some of the kids went outside, some were inside. Everyone (except Alan's kids) were gone by 4 and Alan and Katie picked up the kids at 6. They Ralph and I went to church. It was a good weekend but it was nice to be back to just the two of us again.

This week has something going on every day but some a little different since it's spring break week.

Thanks Marcie on the recording weight info. The graph is always the first one you see when you go to reports. The other I need to do more to get it in my head.

Sheryl, sorry fatigue has set in. Maybe the walking is just a little much along with PT and doing all the chores again. Don't push yourself and take it easy and see if that helps. Rain makes the chores you have to do harder to get done too. Yay on the taxes being done. Hope the shopping didn't take very long to do.

Marcie, your meal sounds delish. Not pushing over the weekend is nice. Hope Cisco brings home a good report. Deviled eggs will be enjoyed more not being green I think. The rear view camera sounds like a big help with backing up - good safety feature.

I'm home for the rest of the day so guess I'll see what I can accomplish.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Made deviled eggs for the St. Patty's Day potluck tomorrow and my house smells like eggs. I think I need to open the windows and air it out!

jh6iai5g5ehw.jpg
  • arobed53
    Options
    They look good.
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been MIA as well the last few days. I like sanferris haven't been feeling up to doing much but I forced myself out the door to go dress shopping this weekend and I still did not find a dress and went to every shop from home to big town. Many want to order a dress from a catalog and I don't want to do that because I like to see a dress on me before I pay for one. I decided I will find a dress on the way to San Diego and am positive it won't be a problem there.

We are almost done with the boxes now and ready for the stain on the outside and polyurethane coats too. Once that is done it will be time to make the lids to sit inside the box and finish those up as well. My husband has glued the whole thing but decided to add some brad nails to the outside of the boxes for guaranteed strength and boy it sure looks good. He made a stencil so he could make all brads the same setup on each board he needed to add them. It looks fantastic but I knew it would, he is great with wood working.

I have a haircut tomorrow and will do the box staining tomorrow evening. I hope all is going well with you all.
  • mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning. Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!

I forgot to wear green today (wearing red!), but I dare anyone to pinch me!! Lol

Had a minor incident with the deviled eggs on the drive to work this morning. Had to stop short and the containers went flying. Luckily I was able to get it all cleaned up and salvaged all the eggs. Jee whiz! I had one of them for breakfast this morning and they are yummy, and I'm not usually much of a deviled egg person. I made some extra so Dad will have some. He loves those things. He's watching his weight so carefully these day that he'll probably only eat one today.

I also picked up some apple cakes from La Bou this morning for the potluck. Those things as so good. One of my co-workers made corned beef and cabbage. Smells really good. Can you tell I'm hungry! Not going to worry too much about calories at the potluck, and will eat a light dinner tonight.

I think the vet wore out my poor little Cisco yesterday. He put himself to bed early and didn't get up until 6 am when Dad took him for his morning walk. She did the checkup, gave him his shots, cut his nails, expressed the an@l glands (ick!) and took off a little piece of that weird mole. Apparently it is a tumor. My heart went in my throat when Dad told me that, but it turns out it is just a skin tumor and it's benign. Dad is going to be bringing Cisco back in soon to have his teeth cleaned, and while they have him under for that, the vet is going to also remove that tumor. I think he was a little sore where she snipped off a piece of that tumor. He was wincing a little when Dad was putting on his walking harness. The vet also said she wants him to lose a few pounds. What's new?! He hasn't gained anything since we took him in last October, but he hasn't lost either. Need to get him down a few pounds.

Weighed myself this morning. Lost nearly 2 pounds (1.8) since last Wednesday. Good to see the scale moving in the right direction. As long as I lose 1/2 to 1 lb a week, I'm happy.

Anew, nice to hear from you again. I hope you post pics of the boxes when you are done with them. Sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Debora, my Mom used to love the Klondike ice cream bars. I've never cared much for them. Lately I've been eating no sugar added fruit popsicles. They're not the best for me (Lynn would definitely frown on them!), but they are cold, slushie, low cal and satisfy my sweet tooth. Trying to stay away from the ice cream for awhile. Was becoming a nightly thing with me! Never heard of Dillon's. Must not sell them in CA.

One of my MFP friends posted this this morning..."An Englishman, Scotsman, and Irishman are at a bar, and as fate would have it, a fly dropped in each of their drinks. The Englishman was appalled and asked for a new drink. The Scotsman plucked the fly out and continued to drink. The Irishman pulled out the fly, held it over his drink and yelled "Spit it out!!!!" :D

Have a great day, and I hope the day brings you some happiness and laughter!
    irish-080.gif
    smile-desi-glitters-11.gif
  • mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey all! We are on spring break and so far our staycation has been boring but relaxing! DJ and I went to water aerobics yesterday and am hoping he'll go again tomorrow. Austin is enjoying laying on the couch and watching his ipod. Don't know how he can take not moving at all for 14 hours but that's a teenager for you :)

Anew--I was going to ask if anyone had heard from you, I thought maybe you were trying that other website mentioned on the NM facebook page. Sorry you've been under the weather but glad you are feeling better now. I hate buying stuff on line for myself because it never seems to fit right--and I hate returning :( You will find the perfect dress soon or at least on the way!

Marcie--your eggs look great and am glad you made it to work ok. I love deviled eggs but they don't travel well! I lost 6 of them last Easter and it was such a mess. My car smelled like eggs for a full week :/ Hope Cisco bounces back soon. My first dog was put on expensive low calorie dog food to lose weight but changing to low cal snacks helped the most. He loved green beans so I gave him those a lot. Also, I had to completely stop giving him people food. That was harder for me than him!

Sheryl-- so glad you are not pushing yourself too much. Chemo wipes your energy and it takes a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time to get back to your normal. Just like when you
    have a virus, you feel better until you push yourself too far and then, wham your energy is gone!

Aero--Wow, your grandkids are lucky to have you!! You amaze me with all you do :)

Gotta go--DJ wants to show me his new airsoft pistol and how well it shoots. To think that I NEVER wanted guns in my house. Once you have boys it just creeps up on you and you have all sorts of guns all over your house!

Have a great St. Paddy's Day!
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Hi Jannie. Nice to see you!! Enjoy that spring break!

Our St. Paddy's Day potluck at work...I made sure to eat a light breakfast and don't plan on eating much tonight, obviously! Corned beef and cabbage (OMG good!); roasted asparagus; green beans; spicy roasted pea pods; deviled eggs (my contribution); spinach & strawberry salad; broccoli salad; boiled carrots & potatoes; potato cake; ravioli shaped like shamrocks; garlic cheese bread (they had about 4 different kinds of bread and I limited myself to just one, ha!); cookies; cupcakes; apple cake (another one of my contributions). Lots of yummy veggie options for a change!

Not even going to try and calculate the calories!

iln1qgqw6z2t.jpg
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I had my hair cut and think it is still too long, I may go back in a couple of days if styling it is a problem.

mygnsac
    Sorry to hear about your egg accident, have you seen these egg holders? That looks like quite a St Patty's day spread there. Yum!

amazon.com/Snap-Stack-Food-Egg-Layer/dp/B005PQAIVA/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1426627979&sr=1-1-fkmr2&keywords=lock+and+lock+deviled+egg+holder