Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I had my hair cut and think it is still too long, I may go back in a couple of days if styling it is a problem.

mygnsac
    Sorry to hear about your egg accident, have you seen these egg holders? That looks like quite a St Patty's day spread there. Yum!

amazon.com/Snap-Stack-Food-Egg-Layer/dp/B005PQAIVA/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1426627979&sr=1-1-fkmr2&keywords=lock+and+lock+deviled+egg+holder

They were in egg holders. The lid stayed on. The eggs just toppled around inside the containters. All turned out well in the end.

• anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    mygnsac
    Sorry to hear about your egg accident, have you seen these egg holders? That looks like quite a St Patty's day spread there. Yum!

amazon.com/Snap-Stack-Food-Egg-Layer/dp/B005PQAIVA/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1426627979&sr=1-1-fkmr2&keywords=lock+and+lock+deviled+egg+holder

[/quote]

They were in egg holders. The lid stayed on. The eggs just toppled around inside the containters. All turned out well in the end.

[/quote]

Ahh, that's good I guess I didn't get that, lol.

• anewstart22
    Options
    TRADER JOES RECALL-Possible Salmonella in raw walnuts-Lot numbers provided

traderjoes.com/announcement/recall-potential-salmonella-in-certain-lots-of-raw-walnuts
  • mygnsac
    Options
    The flowers are sure blooming now! Loving all the color.

vrddehhyqoog.jpg

zy61ib2al94p.jpg
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Beautiful azaleas, Marcie.

And, yum on those deviled eggs...I could pop those in so fast and down a dozen easily. I haven't made them in a very long time, but now that I'm getting a surplus of eggs, I've got to do something with them. The geese starting laying three days ago, so I'm getting chicken, duck and goose eggs again. Soon, there won't be enough room in the refrigerator, time for another visit with Billie and share the eggs.

John was sick yesterday. He's a very good "patient", wants to be left alone. However, I still stay close by in case he needs anything. This morning, he's back to normal and we're right back in our rut. Maybe I'll get the car out and we'll go for a drive, it's a beautiful day. We're having our typical Spring weather...a couple days of rain and then a couple days of sun, repeat.

Christina sent me an email about her granny passing, but I also saw that she put it on Facebook, so most of you already saw it. For those of you who are not on FB, Christina's grandmother lived in Arizona and physical visits were seldom, however, they talked on the phone often. Christina was so hoping to see her, but travel is so hard. They were together for a couple weeks after Christina's surgery two years ago when her granny came to care for her as she recuperated. I hope she can rely on her wonderful memories to get her through this emotional time. Christina will be going to NY again next month for more tests and evaluation for another surgery.

John's calling, gotta go.
  • mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

It's another pretty day here. Blue skies, crisp clean air. Though we desperately need rain, if it's not going to rain, I'll take this!

I brought Dad a big ol' plate of food from the St. Paddy's Day potluck yesterday and a bunch of desserts. He enjoyed it all. I had the chocolate/mint cupcake yesterday. I'm usually not much for cupcakes, but that thing was so good!

I didn't sleep well last night. Tossed and turned all night long. Probably too much food yesterday. Cisco was sleeping with me last night and I think he got irritated with me moving around because he abandoned me around 2 am and went and got on his pallet on Dad's bed. Just couldn't hang with me!

While I was driving to work this morning I was snacking on some turkey. I must have taken too big a bite and didn't chew it up enough because it got stuck in my throat! That's never happened before! For a minute I thought I was going to have to pull over and give myself the Heimlich Maneuver! What a jarring experience. Chew Marcie! Sheesh.

Gonna have to do some laundry when I get home tonight. Dad has a party he's going to attend at the TV station that he retired from and needs his good suit washed. The TV station is celebrating it's 60th anniversary. Dad went to work for them about 50 years ago in the early 70s. Most of the people he worked closely with have either passed on or are no longer working there, so I doubt he'll stay out very late. He and the widow of his former boss there go out to lunch a couple times a month, and I think they may both be attending the party.

I think this afternoon I'm going to attend a tour of the California State Archives Museum building. It's right next door to my building and has a lot of CA history exhibits. I did that tour shortly after we moved into this building in 1995, and it was really interesting. They are giving a free tour to staff today so I may check it out.

The second picture in my post above is what we had done last fall. It used to be overgrown with old bushes. We had them removed them, frame it in bricks, added rocks and few flower plants that we could easily change out if we want. I like it better like this. A lot cleaner looking. The azaleas in the first pic looked right on my Ipad last night, but here at work on Firefox the pic is upside down. Weird.

Sheryl, yeah, I saw Christina's post about her Granny on FB yesterday and left her a comment. So sad, but at least she is at peace now and no longer suffering. Glad John is feeling better today. Wished I lived nearby. Would love to sample those fresh eggs of yours!!

Better get back to work. Have a nice day everyone. :)
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Wow, still no one here. Oh well. Have a nice day everyone.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Wow, this week was a bit busier than I thought it would be. Tuesday I spent about 1 1/2 hours with a 4-H mother - she had lots of questions and hopefully she got some answers. I also got to hear her story of adopting her girl which was interesting. From there I went to Derek and Lindsey's. I thought I would be there 2-3 hours. Instead, I was there 6. I had fun. Remembered how to fold a square into a box with the oldest. Walked around the house while the girls watched a movie and Deacon napped. All I did when I got home was get my list done.

Wednesday I had the morning at home and that time always goes fast. I met a couple of friends in town (there are volunteering several hours a week to help people do their taxes) to eat, ran some errands, met my sister at her doctor's appointment. They upped her insulin a bit which made her quite sad. I picked up Little Caesar's pizza (they tried the bacon wrapped one) and headed for Lori's. They had turned off their heat when the temp got in the 70s but it was cool yesterday. But I kept busy watching Emily, doing laundry, dishes and walking.

Today I went to two with Ralph for the research study he's doing and he got the shot and they checked his jawbone. He had one day with a lot of steps and they figured out the roughness of the tractor and turning the steering wheel in it added to his count. He won't do that a lot. We also went and looked at dryers since the fan now quit working on mine. We'll go for new this time. I'll fix supper in a bit and then head for Bible study. Tomorrow morning is my regular errands and then I don't have anything on the calendar until Sunday.

I thought making a separate exercise spot was such a good idea but I either find myself talking about other stuff there or I start to mention exercise here so maybe it wasn't so smart. It is just another part of my life. And I have been getting it in mostly by walking. We started Walk Kansas this week so we'll see how my team does. So now I'm walking Kansas and Kentucky at the same time. :) I did my walking in 10 minute segments around the house today cause that worked best with my schedule.

Marcie, glad the eggs were a hit and they survived the spot. I have a tupperware deal with inserts for eggs but I just crowd them in side by side. You had quite the potluck that day. Looked amazing.

Anewstart22, glad you're feeling better. I miss it when someone's gone and always home they are just busy. Glad you can quit hunting now and feel confident about getting a dress in CA. It's going to be fun to see a picture of the finished box. Having something made by the two of you will be very special. How's it going with the haircut?

Marcie, congrats on your weight loss. If Cisco would just follow your example. Glad his spot is benign. Glad you had the spot checked out. Ralph and I will finish up the Klondike bars eventually. Maybe when it's warmer again. Dillons is a grocery store chain - it's in the Kroger family. Enjoyed the joke. Flowers are beautiful. I like the simplicity of your flowerbed.

Jannie, all my grandkids can easily spend time on their electronics. Nice to have a day just to relax and neat for the company at water aerobics.

Sheryl, do you have to hunt very hard for the eggs. I can think of several egg dishes I enjoy. Glad John was just sick one day. Did you get out for a drive? Sad for Christina but the suffering is over for her Grandmother. I sure hope she gets some help with her trip next month.

My lands, Marcie, that's scary on swallowing the turkey wrong or not right or whatever. Glad you could pull over and handle it yourself. It's a little scary when something doesn't go down correctly. Did you make it to the tour of the building? Free is always good. Hope you dad enjoys his evening out and you get the laundry taken care of.

Hope you all have a good evening. I plan too.
  • anewstart22
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello and good very early morning to everyone. I can't sleep again so I thought I would try to get caught up in here. We have been getting rain on and off without much chance of the grass drying out so the weeds took off like lightning.

My husband called me outside Sunday and said, "Look at what happens with two days of sunshine" and I couldn't believe it the weeds were two feet tall above the grass. We need to treat the backyard with some weed and feed but have to wait until he can cut everything down. The rain has been pretty hard with it starting again on Sunday evening. A friend of mine had to move her horses to a stable 15 miles from home because her area flooded.

The front yard looks great because we use weed and feed each winter on it. We never water the grass in the front or back and it grows all on it's own, so when the rains come it really takes off and the weed and feed takes care of the stuff we don't want out there. I usually just pull weeds in the backyard as I see them coming up but they really took off this year, lol. "Wait, wait for me, I want to grow" Hahaha! It was interesting to see what the native area would have looked like on a normal field.

Sanferris-Great on getting those eggs now, I sure like the fresh eggs around here but they sell out pretty quickly, I usually just buy the free range eggs at the grocery store instead. Sorry to hear of Christina's grandmother, I hope she if feeling better and did you get to take a drive with John and how is he feeling now?

Mygnsac-the flowers are beautiful, I love the bright color and your Saint Patty's Day potluck food sure looks good. Sorry you choked on the chicken, that had to be a scary moment or two. How was the tour?

Arobed-You are just as busy as usual, lol. Glad you get to spend time with the family members. How is Ralph doing?

I went ahead and ordered a dress online but I think it will be too large in the tummy but it seems the only way to know is to make the order and return it if I need to. I will definitely find a dress in California.

I will probably just message you a pic because I don't want to give it away and I don't really want it online, lol. Personal dates and names will be on it but you will enjoy it, I am sure of that! :wink:

Here is to everyone having a great Friday and an even better weekend!
  • arobed53
    Options
    Hello, beautiful day today. A bit foggy to start with but the sun came out and it is warming up nicely. I walked 30 minutes with friends and then headed to town. I didn't think my list was very long but still didn't get home till noon. Got gifts for the family for when the new baby comes so can have it ready. And picked up the start of the Easter candy so I can start filling bags and see how they look. Costs go up quickly. Made some little stops, then the grocery store and Ava's prescription (which I forgot to send with Ralph). Guess he'll take it tomorrow. As far as I know I'm home the rest of the day. I'll put away the rest of the stuff (did the cold things right away) and see what I can do on my list. I haven't gotten to any of my counted cross stitch this week - maybe next week.

Anewstart, your weeds did take off. We could use your rain. Ralph's doing fine. Thanks for asking. The shot hasn't phased him. Don't know if it feels better though. At least now he doesn't have to worry about how many steps he's doing. Hopefully, the dress you ordered will fit. But at least you have a back up plan.

I'm working on the house cleaning again - will see if I get any further or not this time. Found a new potato recipe to try on Sunday. Looks fairly simple. Two of the three big Kansas teams are playing today so I'm sure a lot of people will be watching them. I hope they win but they can do it without my attention. :) Julie and my sister headed off for the weekend a bit ago. Julie will do a 5k tomorrow and then enjoy time with her friend while my sister visits her daughter.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday.
  • mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies.

I'm watching the clock way too much today. It seems like this day is never going to end. As usual, I'm looking forward to the weekend.

It sure was warm here yesterday. It got up to 85 degrees. Our warmest day so far this year. Way too warm for March!!! Its on a cooling trend now though and should stay in the low 70s the next couple days. Chance of rain on Monday, but I won't hold my breath. They've been having big pow-wows lately about the drought and making further water restrictions. Last year people in my county were only allowed to water our lawns 2 times a week, and as far as I know, that will be the same this year. We'll see. Some of the other counties didn't have that restriction, and think they will now.

Dad enjoyed the 60th anniversary party of the TV station where he used to work. I think that was the first time he's had to drive in afternoon rush hour traffic in years! Since he was gone, I took Cisco for his dusk walk around the neighborhood. As usual, he kept giving me the "you're not doing it right" look, but we got it done.

I enjoyed the tour of our Archives building on Wednesday. I thought it was going to be in the museum section, but it was just the Archives section. I've been over there a few times for business, but have never toured the entire section. We have 6 floors of archived documents and artifacts going back to the 1800s when CA became a state, and we toured those floors. The old mug shots of convicts back in those days was really interesting. They keep those floors protected by thick secure doors and the temp is kept at 60 degrees. There was not a spec of dust anywhere on those floors. They also took us in some of the film and video vaults. They keep those rooms at 50 degrees at all times, and if the temp ever varies too quickly, Halon gas fills the room to protect the files (the gas sucks out all the oxygen so if there is a fire, that room will not go up in flames). If you happen to be in there if that ever happens, you have to vacate very quickly before there is no oxygen!

Anew, I'm sure whatever you decide on, you will look lovely for your son's wedding!

Debora, if you are making an Easter basket for all your grands, I'm sure that will take awhile! I hope you enjoy your time at home today and get to relax some!

Best finish out the day. I'll probably stop at the grocery store on the way home tonight so I don't have to do it tomorrow. I only need a few things. Pretty well stocked right now. I found out the other day the gas discount card I have through one of the grocery stores I go to is being discontinued as of tomorrow, so also need to stop and get gas while I still have that discount! I'll miss that card!

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Good morning. Started out foggy again but then the sun burst out and it's a very nice day - supposed to get up in the 70s. Just having the sun makes it a good day for me although it dried the moisture up quickly. I am enjoying being at home and am making progress on my list. The house is straightened. I've done some walking. When DH comes home, we'll do some more dryer talk - going new, used, more shopping or go with what we saw.

Marcie, your work day ended and I hope you're enjoying a nice weekend. I'm glad your dad enjoyed his evening out and Cisco survived his walk with you. The tour of the Archives Building sounds interesting - especially how they take such good care of them. Bummer on the gas discount card ending. To me, it says too many people liked it and used it and it was costing them too much. At least you found out before it happened so you can still use it.
    I don't do Easter baskets. Everyone gets a sack (sandwich bag size) of candy and then all the grand get something small - after looking yesterday, most of them will get a pinwheel and the oldest boys will get silly string (I've never used it but people say it's fun). We'll hide plastic eggs and I may put coins in them and each person will have a certain number they can find. Even that little amount adds up.

About time to fix dinner and progress on. Have a good one.
  • sannferris
    Options
    Good Morning. I have so much catching up to do, I know that I will forget some things. I didn't take notes this time.

Marcie, I'm glad you did not color the eggs green, that always puts me off, however, I would probably still eat them, just close my eyes. So glad that you recovered rather quickly from the choking episode, how scary. I'll bet that it didn't seem quick when it was happening. Bad enough when you're safe in a chair at home, but to be driving, yikes.

Anewstart, I hope you are happy with the dress that you ordered. I don't order any clothes through the mail, I have a hard enough time finding something that fits in the stores, I don't want the hassle of returns.
    I had never had any luck with weed and feeds. They would fertilize well, but didn't seem to help keeping the weeds away, I used to spray.

Debora, the chickens and geese find a nest that they like and always lay in the same place. The ducks, however, realize that their eggs are disappearing and will find a new place, often on the ground under a bush. So, I do have to hunt for those eggs. Once I find them, not knowing how old they are, I usually break them and throw them on the ground for the birds to eat. The crows will also rob the nests. We've seen crows carry off a whole egg in their mouth. Pretty amazing sight.
    I'm glad that you started the exercise post, it reminds me every morning that I should be exercising that day, even though I don't always comment each day.

John is fascinated with the college basketball playoffs. We aren't huge sports fans and John is not a fan of tv in general, but this time, he is watching March Madness. That gives me a bit of extra time, here and there, to do my own thing. Mostly, I do nothing, ha ha ha

Today, I should do a couple loads of laundry and run the dishwasher. A few days ago, (beautiful, sunny day) there was the humming of all the lawn mowers in the neighborhood. I felt like I should be out there too, but still not quite feeling up to that. I look forward to the day that I'm out there pushing the mower around. That will be my day of celebration, mowing the lawn.

Time to refill my mug. I'll probably be back later as John watches another game.
  • sannferris
    Options
    I remembered another thing...We didn't get out for a drive the other day. No specific reason, just never happened. Will try again one day this coming week.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, long time no see!!! :smile: Things have been crazy around here. Work has been crazy, we've had home repairs done all last month, hubby had oral surgery to put in the dental implant posts on Tuesday and I had oral surgery yesterday to remove a fatty tissue lump they found on my gum. It cost me $475! We got our taxes out of the way too.

Marcie, happy birthday! Glad you and your dad are feeling better. And that Cisco's tumor is benign. What type of truck did your dad buy? Was it a Honda Ridgeline?

Anew, I would LOVE to see you when you come to San Diego. What are the dates? I have the week of the 18th thru the 22nd off for a staycation but I will do my best to be available whatever date is good for you. Glad your box building is going well. Look forward to hearing how the dress you bought on line works out.

Sheryl, so very happy to hear that your PT is going well and that the tumors continue to shrink. I still pray for you daily. God is SO good! I think your hair looks really cute! Also glad to hear that you got a response from Granny.

Debora, you are staying busy as always. Hubby being in a study sounds interesting. It is good to be a part of something that will help others.

Elaine, glad to hear that this knee surgery is so much better than last time. And that things are going well.

Tammy and Pam and JC, good to see you checking in from time to time.

Christina, sorry you are still in so much pain but glad that you remain positive.

It took me a couple of hours to get caught up on all the posts. I'll have to check in more often. I'm sure I've forgotten someone so greetings to any lurkers.
    I'm going to go outside now and enjoy a bit of sunshine while I still can.

Love to you all!
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Well, tomorrow is my last day of spring break :( I enjoyed being off even though the weather wasn't that great. Of course today was beautiful and tomorrow is going to be better. At least I got a lot of spring chores done this week. Took 4 big bags of clothes to Goodwill and cleaned up both of the boys rooms. That was a chore for sure!

Hi Ivanek! Always nice to see you pop in and visit. :) Hope your mouth isn't too painful!

Marcie--love the curve to your flower bed. I found the archive tour interesting, especially the Halon gas. Have they ever had a fire to test it? Just wondering if they are sure it works?!?! It must; I just was fascinated by that fact. We use Halon in the OR but I've never heard about it depleting the oxygen.

Sheryl--walking out to the pasture and collecting eggs counts! I'm sure you do more exercise than you think and remember you are rebuilding all your energy stores :)

Anew-- I hope those weeds don't get much bigger! I have mostly clover in my backyard so that is a challenge especially after it rains. Zoysia in the front keeps the weeds at bay mostly. Hope the dress fits and you like it!

Aero--My mom puts change in her Easter eggs too! The kids love it and have never gotten more than $5 but that is plenty! Sounds like you are getting nicer weather too, that is always a nice sign of spring!

Take care and I hope to check in soon!
  • isyvanek
    Options
    Hi jlhawki, great to see you too! Sounds like you got a lot accomplished on your break! You should be very proud! :) Enjoy the last day and do something fun!
    BTW, I forgot to mention how cute your puppy is! That was a great picture you posted.
    Take care and hope to "see" you soon.
  • isyvanek
    Options
    Hey Sheryl, I also forgot to comment that I saw the pork belly at Trader Joe's last week and almost bought it because it has been the big thing at restaurants here but I'd already purchased my meat for the week so I figured I'd wait until next time. I had heard that it is uber-tasty but I did not know that Sylvia (and now you) had tried it. If it is sold at your Trader Joe's you might also want to try their Korean style pork shoulder. A tad spicy and very tasty.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Hi, had a nice Sunday here. Went to Sunday School and church and then dinner here. It was one everyone liked. Tried a new potato recipe. Some of the kids jumped on the trampoline and some stayed inside. Everyone was gone by three. I got a nap in and then started dishes. I just stacked them since my sister wasn't here. They'll get done. Church today was the start of our Easter service - it was music that told the Easter story. I don't tear up often but some of the songs did that tonight.

Yesterday was fun cause I was able to do several small jobs that have been on the list for awhile. Made tomorrow's list a little shorter. Still plenty on it though.

Tomorrow I walk, take Ava to speech and then hubby and I are going dryer shopping and hope to find a good used one so don't have to spend quite so much. Again I have something on every day. So it will be interesting to see what I can get done at home when I'm here. Will have to "cook" since there were hardly any leftovers.

Sheryl, I'm glad you don't have to hunt for too many eggs. Are you having fun fixing and eating them. Did John watch WSU and KU play today. I watch it off and on since they are both Kansas teams. I'll follow WSU as long as they are in the Sweet 16. Freshly mowed grass smells wonderful. Don't push doing it but we'll be excited when you do. Hope you make it out for a drive soon.

Isabella, wonderful to hear from you. You have been busy. It's crazy how much all the dental work costs. I still haven't set up an appointment with the periodontist. That would be cool if you Anew could meet up.

Jannie, spring break week always zooms by. Yay on all the things you got done. The amount I do won't be a lot - be more the fun. We'll see how it pans out.

Hope you all have a great Monday. I'm looking forward to mine. Good night.
  • isyvanek
    Options
    Debora, what was your new potato recipe?