Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Good morning all,

Pics of the park look great Marcie. Nice that you have several parks to choose from. Pool looks good too. MAJOR BUMMER about the soda exploding all over everything! Did you have to replace your keyboard? Once soda gets into a carpet the stain doesn't ever seem to really come out. We have a couple of spots at work that just keep coming back. The pool looks great too!

Debora, Glad that hubby's study is over. So nice that you've been able to go to a couple of the bible studies and that the study at your house is going well. Nice that you got to visit with the new family also. Yes, there is definitely gluten free pasta. My favorite is made with quinoa (comes in a turquoise box) but there are also noodles made with rice and with corn. They can be kinda expensive though depending on what kind you get. Let us know how the casserole comes out.

Sheryl, so good to see you! We're glad you're home too. When you get a chance you'll have to tell us how everything went. The pic of you and your mom is great. I look forward to hearing more on how John did while you were away also. Poor guy really missed you. Understandable - so did we! :)

Not much new here. We contacted another builder that my company works with. He is supposed to give us a quote on the wall today. I'm pretty sure his bid will be more reasonable than the last one. We'll see.

Our free concert last week was really good! Bluegrass music. Today, the guy who always hosts the free concerts is giving a talk on horse racing (he is originally from Kentucky) so we are going to go to that. Not that we are really that interested in horse racing but we want to support him. We've become friendly since we attend so many of the concerts. Then I have a coupon for buy one get one free personal pizza for Sammy's Wood Fired Pizza so I think Dan and I will go there afterward.

Dan had surgery on his mouth again Tuesday to remove a flap of tissue that was used to protect the sockets that they put in for the implants while they heal. He is finally getting close to the last step of this ordeal and hopefully it will be well worth it. I believe they will do the rest next month.

I sprinkled some fertilizer on my vegetable plants today. My pepper plants are doing well but my tomato plant isn't too happy and I think something is eating the tomatoes. :(

Well, I'm going to go and make us our usual fried eggs breakfast now. See you all later!
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Friday was a big day. I left the house about 6:45 and went to one town to do my usual errands as fast as I could. I did everything but the cold stuff. Then I headed about an hour away to a friend's parent's house. She's working on getting it cleaned and emptied out to sell it. I got there about 10 and left about 5:30. I filled boxes, carried boxes. The DAV came and got most of the furniture. I managed to get a number of things loaded into my car. About 2:30, we took a break. My friend ordered pizza and we sat outside to wait for one lady coming back to get some things. We got her loaded up and then I headed out. I stopped and got my cold stuff and came home in time to fix our supper. I did get everything unloaded and put at least out of the way. I got 8000 steps at my while helping my friend and by the end of the day, fitbit said I had done the stairs 41 times.

Today I was home except for one house when we went to a visitation of a guy Ralph knew. I knew his son better and went for him. But I kept busy here. I straightened the house, I made a cheesecake, made cupcakes and decorated them to look like pigs, browned 5 lbs. of ground beef, took the trash out and whatever else what on the list. I've combined a couple of recipes for my pizza casserole. I'll do it in the crockpot and am doing one with gluten free. I talked to someone who has uses them and they say they can't tell any difference so I'll have to try both. The price wasn't a lot different. I have to cook the pasta in the morning, stir it all together and load the crockpot. It was a little less for the fridge to wait. Derek is bringing the college guy who's staying with them this summer so we'll get to meet them. We have two birthdays to celebrate. Everyone usually hangs around till about 3 so the day should be quiet after than.

Marcie, sounds like they are piling the work on. They know you'll do a good job. Do you ever have trouble keeping the projects separate in your mind? Exploding pop does make a mess. Not too long after we were married, I thought I was being smart and froze our pop to use to keep our lunch cool on a family bus trip. Not so smart. Your pool looks inviting.

Isabella, hope the last quote is a good one and you can get things going so it can be off your minds. Those free concerts come around fairly often. That's so nice. You do good at finding coupons on things too. With more surgery, is Dan back on soft foods. I'm sure you'll be glad when this is all done.

Going to head for bed now. Hope you all have a good Sunday.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Morning, what a week...being home has been just as busy and exhausting as being down in California moving my mom. John needs a lot of attention and every time a situation like this comes along, I say that I will never leave him again, but you never know, things happen. I know that if John had been with me in California, I would not have been able to get as much accomplished as I did. But, I hate leaving him too.

The move went very smoothly and the place is so nice. The staff and other residents are so friendly and helpful. I pray that my mom makes herself available for many of the activities that are offered. I talk to her on the phone and it sounds like she's trying. She went to a scrabble game one afternoon and watched. They kept encouraging her to play, but she just wanted to watch first. She was asked to play Bingo, but when she found out that she has to pay 10 cents a card, she declined. She's definitely not a gambler, even for 10 cents. She also went to a concert last Wednesday night (a church group came to perform in the big downstairs living room) and she said that she enjoyed that very much. Last night was the movie, "Driving Miss Daisy" with popcorn and root beer. I'll find out if she went, she wasn't sure if she'd feel up to it after dinner. Today, Norma will pick her up and take her to Brent's house for a family BBQ and tomorrow, Norma is taking her to the new doctor. Norma has her hands full...my Dad's benefits got cut off as of May 31st, so she has to find a new health insurance for Mom. Plus, the Tuesday after I got down there, Norma's first day back at work after helping Mom and Dad for a couple weeks, she got a phone call at 5:30 am telling her that her mother-in-law had passed away during the night. Norma is POA of her affairs and executrix of her will also, so more paperwork and things to deal with. I don't know how Norma does it all, I pray for her continued strength.

The Memorial service was very nice, Norma and her boys did a fantastic job of planning and executing it. Brent did the eulogy, Joel read scripture, and Brent and Beth put together a powerpoint of Dad's life in pictures. We had a wonderful time seeing and visiting with lots of family and friends.

My neighbors took off for a week's vacation this morning, so I will go across the street for them everyday and feed their animals. We really take good care of each other, I'm so thankful for good friends and neighbors like them.

Fun thing for tomorrow...Carla has a layover at Portland airport and I'll drive over and meet up with her. I'm sure we'll have a great couple of hours in between her flights.

• sannferris
    Ha ha ha, the busiest post on the family page, while I was gone, was the Five-Letter game, 65 replies. I thought I'd just click and start fresh, but ended up reading all of them.

I also agree...very interesting definition on notme

And, Marcie Yvonne, is Marcie your legal first? or short for something else?

Now...I'm ALL caught up.
  • arobed53
    Nice Sunday. Sunday School class went well even though the lesson didn't not have a lot I could do to stretch it. The message in church was good. And dinner went fine. The casseroles were well cooked. The pig cupcakes were a hit. I sent the gluten free casserole leftovers home with Alan's family along with the rest of the cheesecake. They like it, Ralph doesn't and I don't need. Julie took the rest of the cupcakes to take to work for fun. I did learn (really knew but wasn't thinking) that m&ms and other chocolate in hot weather do not hold up well. Owen liked opening his gifts - carried the two sacks they were all put in around all afternoon. Julie blew up the punching bag so he had one to play with. It was fun to meet the baseball player staying at Derek's. The last ones left about 4:30. So I've spent the evening doing my list, checking emails and facebook and other little things. I think I have the entire day at home tomorrow so hope to make a bit more progress on my list.

Sheryl, it was hard for you to leave John but you did what was best. Glad your mother is trying out things at the new place. My when it rains, it pours - Norma has her plate full but God gives us what we can handle. Nice that you can help your neighbors out now.

Glad the service for your dad was nice.

So fun that you get to see Carla tomorrow.

Funny that you read all of the five-letter game entries.

I heard from Granny and she starts moving to her new place tomorrow. I hope it all goes well.

Sleep tight and be ready for your Monday. Good night.
  • sannferris
    Good Afternoon, I have no idea where the morning went. Oh yes, I went across the street to feed the animals and then worked on the computer to finish draft a rental agreement for my Mom's house in Pasadena. We have someone who will rent the place with all our junk still in it. They are glad to have the furniture, but all the stuff in the closets have to get removed. Norma will spend part of Fourth of July weekend cramming everything from the back bedroom and den into the front bedroom closet.

I got a phone call from Norma this morning and she was totally relieved...she had gotten a letter from AT&T (my Dad worked there for 30 years) last Friday telling her that all benefits had been cut off as of May 31st. She didn't know how she could get health insurance for Mom, a 93 year old in poor health, ugh!
    Well, Norma made a phone call this morning and Mom gets spousal benefits and will keep her health insurance. Norma is so thankful, she had a really sleepless weekend. We will never know who sent that letter or why, but it was a huge mistake.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi everyone.

As usual, the weekend flew by too quickly. I didn't do much this weekend. Just the usual shopping, weekly cooking and laundry. Watched a movie last night, Gone Girl, that was pretty good. One of those twisty-turny plots.

The weather was perfect for swimming this weekend, so I took advantage of that. All the pool stuff (balls, kick board, floats, etc.) that we had had aged and needed replacing, so I went to the pool store to replace it all. They didn't have any 'adult' kick boards, so I wound up getting a kid's board that is bright pink and has a big picture of Minnie Mouse on it. Ha! Oh well, it still gets the job done. My favorite thing to use in the pool is a water soccer ball. I use it for pull ups while I'm under the water and for some stretching exercises.

Dad found a recipe online the other day for orange cream popsicles, so I made up a batch of those this weekend. They used 1.5 cups each of orange juice (I used the low sugar OJ) and lowfat vanilla yogurt. They were ok, but I probably won't make them again. I have a tub of lowfat vanilla ice cream out in the big freezer. I might trying making another batch, but replace the yogurt with ice cream (they are about the same calories). I like eating yogurt cold from the fridge, but in popsicle form there is a chalking aftertaste that Dad and I didn't care for.

Dad took Cisco into the vet on Saturday to have his anal glands expressed (Cisco's, not Dad's...ha!). It had been a few months and it needed to be done again. He's the first dog we ever had where we have to have that done. I keep telling dad he should learn how to do it, but he won't get onboard with that! I started the "that dog needs a bath" campaign this weekend, so I expect dad will be taking him in to the groomers soon. He always waits for me to start whining about it before taking him in! I woke the other morning and Cisco had gotten in bed with me and his paws were right by my face. Not a pleasant smell to wake up to! One thing I say though is his breath has been so much better ever since we had his teeth cleaned in April! He still has dog breath, but the breath so bad it makes your eyes water is gone. Woo hoo!

My Dad finally got himself a fitbit. He got the cheaper Fitbit Zip. Said he didn't want to shell out the money for a Fitbit One. It's not synching up right with his smart phone though. He says that doesn't matter because he'll just synch once a day on the PC. I have a feeling he may upgrade to another device, but for now he'll stick with the Zip. He likes it a lot better than his old pedometer.

Sheryl, you and Normal have sure had your hands full. Hopefully you all can breathe easy now that so much is behind you. I hope your Mom takes to the new place. It will take time for her to ease into the daily routines there. Marcie is a nickname for Marcella. Marcella Yvonne. The only time anyone ever used Marcella was my Mom when she was made at me about something, or in official paperwork. Ha!

Debora, wow, you sure had a busy day on Saturday! Glad the birthday boys enjoyed the food. I'll bet those pig cupcakes were cute. That was a lot of stair climbing and walking that day! Thanks for the update on Granny. I hope she is happy in the new place. She finally showed up in my Friends list on Fitbit. She did better than me last week!

Isabella, I hope Dan's mouth is healing up well. Sorry about the tomato plants! How frustrating!!

Back to work. Have a nice evening everyone.
  • arobed53
    Enjoyed having all day home yesterday. The driveway's puddles have finally dried up so until it got too hot and windy I did my walking outside. Dry enough so Alan thinks he can plant one field today. Still waiting on one to dry. I didn't do anything exciting but marked some things off the list (and added more). House is mostly straightened from Sunday. Two oldest grandsons will help with one sofa when they are here next. It's now sitting at a slant. Today is supposed to be hot again. I plan to go to Lori's and help a bit before I go to Jeremiah's baseball game. I heard he's pitching a bit - changing teams was a good thing for him. The kids will maybe come home with me tonight and work with their pigs for a bit in the morning.

Sheryl, helping the neighbors will take time but I know you're glad to do it. What wonderful news Norma got. That was a good phone call to make.

Marcie, I think a kids kick board sounds more fun. Swimming with Minnie. You get a pretty good workout in the pool. I'm so glad you are able to use it this year. My daughter-in-law showed a picture of their almost two year old at the pool for the first time. Good thing he had floaties. He jumped right in. The other DIL took her 4 to their first day of swim lessons. A friend does them for free. She's even willing to work with Ava.
    Orange creme sounds like a flavor Ralph would like but not me. Yuck on the aftertaste.
    Your weekends are always full but I like how you get some fun stuff in too.
    I'm sure your dad will enjoy his zip. His miles will add up quickly if he's still walking the same. My totals vary on what else is going on.
    Oh, until you mentioned Marcella, I forgot that the Marcy I know here is Marcella too. You'll just be Marcie to me.

Well, I'd better get started on my day. Ralph was pretty sore when he came in yesterday so might be a bit slower going this morning. Since he's not sure if he can take tylenol on this study he's in, he's trying to stay off it till his next appointment. He fell asleep after he got home yesterday around 5 and we didn't eat supper till almost 8.

Enjoy your day and stay cool.
  • sannferris
    edited June 2015
    Good Morning. I came by a little earlier today, better than yesterday, but will cut this short to go feed and then come back.

Just have to mention what a wonderful visit I had with Carla yesterday. She arrived at PDX about 4:30pm and her flight to San Diego departed at 8 pm, so we had a good 2 1/2 hours to sit and eat and gab. It was great. I am very ashamed of the Portland personnel though. Carla had trouble finding the waiting area where I was, and when she asked for help, got a very snotty "I don't know" from the one security person who should know, right down the aisle from where I was. Wow, I thought Portland prided itself on being friendly to everyone. Fortunately, Carla saw me as she turned away from this idiot.

We both got the same for dinner and it was delicious...grilled Mahi Mahi and prawns on a bed of black beans and rice. So Good!!!!!

time to go across the street...I'll be back.
  • sannferris
    Hi again, I'm back and all critters are fed and watered, and fat and happy!

Carla and I dug into our dinner as soon as it arrived to the table and once again, taking a photo of it never crossed my mind. But, after we ate, we got the waitress to take a photo of us.
    69f2fbon68q3.jpg

Marcie, your pool sounds so inviting and wonderful. We're expecting record heat later this week, suppose to hit triple digits for the weekend. We rarely get that hot, but fortunately, when we do, it doesn't last long. Just like our snow in winter, only for a day or two.
    I just love your descriptions of Dad and Cisco's activities and that you distinguish between which of them gets the "treatment". Too funny.

Today, I should get outside with John and get more yard work done. He has done so much already, while I was gone and even yesterday afternoon, while I was in Portland. For hating yard work all his life, he sure is doing a great job of it this past year and now.

I will email Granny today and see how she is doing. I haven't had a chance to talk to her at all since I've been home.

• mygnsac
    edited June 2015
    Good morning everyone.

It's going to be hot today. It's already in the mid 70s. They say we'll be in the triple digits for the next few days. As long as I have someplace cool to go and don't have to be out in it much, I'm ok with the really hot weather. It was nearly 11 pm last night before it finally cooled down enough that I could turn off the AC and open some windows.

I think the UPS guy is mad at us! Apparently the other day when he delivered a package, he open our front gate to leave it on our porch, and didn't latch the gate closed when left. So when dad went out to get the package, Cisco followed him and got out because the gate wasn't closed. The UPS guy was just pulling out, so dad asked him to make sure to latch the gate in the future. The guy rudely said the gate wasn't latched to begin with. Yesterday when he delivered another package, instead of leaving it on the porch, he just dropped it over the gate where it was visible from the street. Sheesh.

Work has been crazy busy lately. I have 5 different projects going on right now and I don't know if I'm coming or going! I'm heading into a 3 hour meeting this morning to watch a demo from another state agency on the program they use to process their documents. I definitely need to dive into a cup of coffee before that meeting!

My uncle from Oregon called last night to let us know that while he was driving with his family to Mount Hood, a horse was in the road and before he could stop he hit the horse. The poor horse died and my uncle had to have surgery on his back. Everyone else in the car was thankfully ok. You just never know.

Dad has been enjoying his new FitBit Zip. I friended him the other day on FitBit, and he is rapidly climbing up the leader board. He was at #5 this morning. I'm not doing well with the walking this week at all. I'm following Granny right now! I need to pick it up. I get a lot of my walking during the work week in the morning when it's coolest, but lately my mornings have been filled with meetings. And, it's not cooling down at night very quickly. Gonna have to figure this out. At least I'm getting some pool time in. Here's a pic of the FitBit leader board. No one will ever knock Judy and Debra out of the top spots!!

s09bjfyjkbzk.jpg

Since the Fourth of July is almost here, I think we should consult with the vet about maybe getting Cisco some medication to help calm him that night. Last year he was really rattled by all the noise, and it took weeks before he was comfortable to go outside at night again.

Debora, I hope Ralph is feeling better. Poor guy. My Dad is with you on the orange cream popcicles. I made another batch on Monday night, but this time I used the lowfat vanilla ice cream instead of the yogurt. I liked it but he didn't. I think it's the OJ that he doesn't like in frozen form. I'm glad you're going to keep calling me Marcie. You can call me Marcella if you are ever mad at me about something. Ha!

Sheryl, love the pic of you and Carla. That was so nice that you could meet up like that. I'm always taking pictures of my meals. I participate in a couple posts in the main forum where we post pics of our meals. My dad always gives me "the look" when I snap off a pic of my meal when we go out. Ha!

Well, I guess I'd better close and get back to work. Have a great day everyone! :)

• sannferris
    Good Morning. All critters fed and I helped John with a project this morning, so I'm finally here. But, won't stay too long, want to pull some weeds before it gets too hot.

Marcie, too funny about using your legal name when mad. My full name was only used by my grandmother and now, only gets used by John and is a term of endearment, Sheryl Ann. Or, as they always smoosh it together, Shirlannn.
    So glad that your uncle will be OK and no one else was injured. Sometimes those animals get out and you just can't stop, it all happens so fast.

We are very fortunate that the birds and the llamas don't pay any attention to the loud noises of the Fourth of July. Many years, we would take our chairs out into the pasture to be there for comfort if needed, but it was never needed. Nice show though, the "rich folk" up in the hills would put on a spectacular display.

Wow, Debora is stepping all over the place. great job.

I emailed Granny, but have not received a reply yet. Sometimes, it takes days.

• sannferris
    Good Morning. Already got 2 hours of weeding done while it was cool and I'm about done for the day. The only other "chore" on my list is to pick blueberries. They are ripe and I need to pick them before the birds eat all of them.

I talked to my Mom yesterday, harder to catch her at home, but I'm glad. She is participating in more activities and that is so great. Norma and I are both surprised and extremely pleased that she is pushing herself to be more social and active.

John's calling, gotta go.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning, a quick pop in before I go across the street to feed. Trouble with internet connection this morning, I had to reboot the modem half a dozen times and it still did not make an internet connection, so I pulled out the old modem, with an Ethernet cable and hooked it up to the old Dell. So, now this computer works, but I won't have internet on the HP desktop in the back bedroom because this modem is not for wireless. Oh well, I'll sneak in here whenever John is not on it.

Going to be a scorcher for us today and worse tomorrow...forecast 98 and 101. At least it will start to cool down on Sunday. (forecast 88) We'll see how all the critters take the heat. I'll put out some sprinklers to help cool them down.

See you later.
  • mygnsac
    edited June 2015
    Hi all.

This week flew by. I sure am ready for the weekend to arrive.

We had a scorcher yesterday. My Dad and his walking group even cut their walk short yesterday morning because it was already getting hot. Today they are going to stick it out. On the last Friday each month they walk to one of the local restaurants for breakfast.

I actually got my 10,000 steps in yesterday. Yesterday morning I had no meetings so I took a long walk around the city. It was fine when I started out, but by the time I got back to the office it had gotten hot. Today is supposed to the be hottest day of the week. We may hit 105 degrees they say. I'm not walking this morning, but I'll swim when I get home from work.

One day last week our neighborhood lost power for a couple hours. When the power came back on it had messed up the timer on our sprinkler system, causing our sprinklers to run that Thursday night (we're only allowed to water on Saturdays and Tuesdays, though we usually just water on Saturdays now). I thought I heard the sprinklers going and asked my Dad about it the next morning. That's when we realized we needed to reset the timer. Anyway, of course the "water police" were driving around our neighborhood that night and they sent us a ticket yesterday for watering on an off-day. This one was just a warning, so no $ due. If I were conspiracy-minded I'd swear they worked with the power company to cause the outage just so they could go around and catch people watering on off-days. Grrrr.

Last night I took Cisco out front for his "final pee" of the night and wouldn't you know as soon as I got him out there someone in the distance set off a booming firework. Scared that dog to death. He raced back to the door to be let in. I'm so not looking forward to the 4th of July next week. That dog is going to be traumatized and won't want to go outside at night for weeks afterwards (at least that's what happened last year).

I'm eating breakfast pizza this morning. Someone in the office keeps ordering it on Fridays lately. There's this pizza company downtown that makes the best breakfast pizza (egg, cheese, spinach, and sausage). To hard to resist! Just having one piece though.

Other than the usual stuff, not sure what I'm doing this weekend. I need to clean house. It needs it bad. I'll probably take dad out for lunch or dinner tomorrow. We didn't do anything for Father's Day last Sunday so I want to take him somewhere.

Here's pics of Cisco and Simon this morning. Cisco was a tired boy this morning and couldn't keep his eyes open. He probably went back to bed as soon as I left for work.

k1ypjw68o0mk.jpg

vpbxeh5pr3p0.jpg

I suppose I'd better get back to work now. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning. Nice and cool this morning, but it's going to get hot again. Yesterday, I just did my best to keep the animals cool, but they are smarter than me, find a shady spot and stay inactive. Today will be more of the same.

If I can just keep John in a shady spot and inactive...impossible!! He's going to give himself heatstroke and there's nothing I can do about it. I tried to get him to go in the car yesterday and we could enjoy the AC, but he refused.

Cisco looks like I feel, drowsy, and Simon looks like John, ready to take off. Love his eyes.

I saw on FB that Granny moved, but she has not replied to my email yet. No more Owasso, now she is in Collinsville, although, on the map it's only 6 miles north. I assume she is still pretty close to G-ma.

I better get ready to go feed. One more cup of coffee first.
  • sannferris
    Taking a little break, drinking some Gatorade. Worked outside all morning, overcast and much cooler than they forecast. I went across the street to pick blueberries, but there weren't too many. I think the birds already got the nice ripe ones.

I think I'll continue my break and watch a PBS program that I taped last night. I have Miss Marple and Vera.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Wow, so much to catch up on since last week!

Great to have you back Sheryl! Are you getting the house back to where you can find things?

Marcie, I never realized that Marcie was short for anything. Marcella is very pretty also. Glad being in the pool is working out well for you.

Debora, is Ralph feeling any better? Can he call someone to ask if he can take ibuprophen or Tylenol? Men never want to call and ask questions! :)

Dan is doing very well after this surgery. The horse race music/talk was surprisingly very interesting and enjoyable last week. We went to Sammy's afterward and really enjoyed ourselves.

We did get that other bid on the wall and it was even higher - $12,000! Ouch! Went to the association meeting and told them we didn't want to replace the wall because it is dangerous and is just for looks. They said "too bad" in so many words but one gal there texted some contractor connections while we were there and a guy replied immediately that he was interested. Dan called him the next day and he said that since he had recently had leg surgery and was anxious to get back to work he'd give us a good deal. He will do the wall for $6,000. Still a lot of money but the best offer we've had. We accepted and they started the demo today. It is taking longer than they expected but at least we are getting this thing moving. They seem to be doing a good job.

We have dinner plans with friends tonight. I hope they will finish in time because Dan doesn't want to go out if they are still here.

It is pretty funny Sheryl that you read all the words in the word game to get caught up because I do the same thing! I love it!

Well, I guess I'll go take a look outside and see how things are going to see if I have to call our friends and say we'll be late or I'll be coming by myself or something. We'll see.

Bye for now.
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Hey all! Just popping in to say Hi! Love reading all the PBS entries. My laptop is dead and I've been so busy with kitchen stuff t that I haven't even looked at getting another. Plus, I'm trying to not spend any extra $$. I thought I had finally made my final decision on the kitchen company and then one of my son's friend gave me another name. Her cabinets were 1/3 if the price of the place I was going to use. So, now I wait asks see if they can get me my cabinets cheaper! At least my kitchen is only a little torn up.

Marcie love all your pics!
    Sheryl--glad you are settling back in since the funeral!
    Aero--busy as usual and glad you enjoyed VBS!
    Ivanek--glad you got started on the wall!

I hate trying to type in this Phone so I'll stop now. I'll check in soon :)
  • arobed53
    Wow, I pop in here and read all the time, I don't realize how long it has been since I posted. I had a good amount of time at home, which I enjoyed and always had plenty to work on. I went to Jeremiah's baseball game on Tuesday night - he got to pitch and got a good hit. Then the three kids came home with me. In the morning they helped Alan finish the pig's pen so they are not outside so you don't get so smelly when you work with them.

Wednesday night was prayer group but not at my house. The time together was good. One person brought fresh green beans for each of us - not just picked but also stemmed and cut up. Not one of Ralph's favorites but I like them. We also got a tour of the house and heard the story of how they got it (12 years ago). We are going to meet there again next week.

Thursday I went to watch Emily so everyone else could go to Jeremiah's last game. They won and Emily and I got along just fine and I even did the dishes and a bit of laundry.

Friday I went to town and did my usual errands. Got pre-entries for the fair in so met that deadline. Was embarrassed cause I couldn't think of two of the grandkids middle names but they are firmly in my head now. The afternoon I straightened the house, unloaded all the stuff and put it away one sack at a time. Then in the evening my sister and I went to Thomas' baseball game. It did not start until 8:30 and they were tied at the end of the 3rd so had to do a 4th inning. Thomas' team won and it was a fun game to watch. The pitchers on both sides through a lot of balls but there were still some good plays. It was after 11 when I got home.

Then this I was at Lori's at 7:30 and we went to some garage sales. I didn't get a lot but fun to be together. We ate dinner at a newly remodeled Wendy's, did some work at their old house (close to being on the market) and then I came home and did all my stuff here. Ralph mowed the lawn and took care of chores. So now we're ready for tomorrow.

Sheryl, what a fun time with Carla. I love the pics of you. In looks you remind me of one of my sisters. Glad your mother is getting involved with activities at the new place. Is your voice doing any better? You probably had lots of talking to do when you were gone. Glad John is being so helpful outside - as long as he doesn't overheat.

Marcie, 5 projects - wow. Sorry your uncle has to have surgery. Your dad is on the move. I hope the fireworks aren't too much of a problem with Cisco. If the vet can give him something, that would be great.
    Weather is so different for all of us. We even got a little bit of rain Friday morning and it was cooler that evening. I even put on a long sleeved shirt at the game. Here's a funny - my lawn chair broke so went down under me but I was able to get out without much trouble and then sat in the bleachers. Several foul balls went over the fence. Glad no cars were hit.
    Cisco and Simon know their opposites in pictures - sleepy and awake. Bummer on the power outage.

Sheryl, yummy on the blueberries.

Isabel, Ralph is still very sore but his appointment is on Monday so he'll make it. Glad Dan is doing well and the wall is being taken care of at a "reasonable" price. Hope you made it to dinner.

Jannie, thanks for suffering through typing on your phone and dropping in. You are busy as usual.

I'm fixing salsa chicken tomorrow and there will just be 8 of us. Found out today that Alan's went to visit Katie's family - oh well, more leftovers for me. Time to head for bed. Good night everyone.