Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Sheryl, I have this written down and hope this is right whether you celebrate or not.

Happy Birthday To You!
    Happy Birthday To You!
    Happy Birthday Dear Dear Sheryl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited August 2015
    A day late Sheryl, but...

o39h.gif

:flowerforyou:
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yep, another day late, Happy Birthday!

Good morning everyone, yesterday was a day of rest instead of work and my kitchen looks like it but it won't take long to get that under control this morning. I have a wonderful husband who installed a new ADA toilet in the guest bathroom for me this morning while I was sleeping and I like it so that means another one for our bathroom!

I have been sleeping but having trouble staying there but at least I am still in bed at night instead of awake because I am forcing myself to try to stay in bed. It's amazing what a little sleep will help a person to accomplish.

My single dad neighbor came over with his boys for some ice cream last night. I really like his boys they are very polite and have some great thinking minds. The dad is a nice guy too and I am always asking him who his new girlfriend is but his response is always, "I don't have one". I hope he finds one soon because he is such a nice guy.

Hubby was working on the new/old racing trailer his friend bought last night. They are replacing all of the plywood and building a workbench and shelving in it. Today they race the son's car that wasn't stolen.

Tomorrow we will take a run into a small town about 40 miles away to pick up an old 6 panel door we will use to build a small kitchen island on wheels and maybe a night stand or two for the makeshift guest bedroom. We decided we will combine the office and the guest bedroom together so that will mean building a Murphy bed setup because the room is very small. If we build a Murphy bed I won't need nightstands so maybe we will build a little stand for a coffee station on the wall between the kitchen and dining room. This would open up my 4' counter to put my mixer on and allow for my 36" counter near the sink to be clear. Ooh, maybe my whole kitchen will be very useable by then.

Here is the idea, mine will have to be much smaller but I need it because I am 5'2" and using the countertop is very uncomfortable for me because it is much too high for food prep and causes me pain in my shoulders because I have to raise them to cut veggies. The door is 30" wide which is perfect starting point in height before a top and my chopping block go on top of it. I need an overall height of about 34" for comfort.

The idea, see how the panels are standing upwards instead of sideways?

https://pinterest.com/pin/449234131558694904/

This one has a picture of the kind of door I will be picking up although not the actual door, the white one is the one I am getting, it is 30" wide and 8' tall.

blueroofcabin.com/2012/02/kitchen-island-from-door.html

Mygnsac-I love the new utensil setup but I have to be slow when opening and closing the door because the rattle is enough to wake the household, lol. I also had the smaller yellow strainer but found I never really used it so I gave it to the resale charity shop about a year ago. This takes up alot more space than a counter top utensil holder everything is stuffed into, but I don't have to fight to get anything out of the door so the payoff is much better. The big stuff was stacked on things in the one upper cabinet I have for baking pans and food prep so they always fell out on top of me when I was trying to get something else out. I am happy I'm not having my head hit with anything, lol.

Well, I think I will start cleaning the kitchen and decide what else I will be doing today. Have a good one everyone!

• arobed53
    Hi, I have a little time before we take off for the evening since I pushed myself this morning. Haven't had a whole day at home since Tuesday. Wednesday a friend and I cleaned the Community House in the afternoon. Took less than two hours but it's ready for the month events. Thursday I took off in the morning and got Thomas, our oldest grandson. First we went shopping for a book bag (our gift for his 8th grade graduation). He found one he liked that was big enough and will hopefully last through high school. The we went and tried out Pie Five and sat there after we ate and worked on his 4-H records. In the evening I had Willing Workers. The president was gone so I had to take care of the business meeting since I'm the VP. I worked on a book mark for awhile but was also busy holding Maggie so Lori could help in the kitchen.

Friday was my usual morning for errands (no walking since my walking partner is on vacation). I brought home Chinese for noon. I got stuff put away, did a few small things and then Ralph and I headed out to eat and got to a baseball game. It was a National Baseball Congress game and the college boy staying with Derek and Lindsey's was on one of the teams playing and they won. They play for the championship tonight. They play against an undefeated team and it's double elimination so there could be two games played. It's like almost 100 so good and hot so I might have the better job tonight - babysitting the kids. For an extra $4 you can eat barbecue before the game so they'll do that too.

So I got with straightening the house, doing food for tomorrow, etc. so I'm ready to go. Also this afternoon I had to go get Thomas. He had gone to another town to help with a Bible School. He'll go to the game with Ralph and meet his dad there.

Good to hear Peggy came through the surgery well. Nice that Kel is hanging back even when that's hard to do.

Sheryl, yay for the waterer with no leaks. It sounds like John has better strength than Ralph does. So glad you have figured out how to work with him.

Marcie, short week for you. Enjoy your weekend. Do you just blend up the juices for your popcicles. Wow, you do have a lot of fruit around. We've had times that we had to say no to buying more. It just looks so good in the store. Are you remembering to speak up for your dad. Yes, we don't want any ear drum damage.

Anewstart, glad you got to spend so much time with your friends. You have made huge strides on your house. Sounds like it's nice for the house and nice for your sleep. Cool on your hanging shelves. It's makes everything easy to find. I have one of those strainers too. My drawer with utensils like you hung is full again so I need to sort through it one of these days. The things I use the most do seem to stay more toward the top. How fun to get together with the neighbors. The counter will be cool when done and having a lower countertop for you to work at will really make it your kitchen. It's all coming together.

Guess I should go comb my hair before we take off. Have a good rest of the weekend.
  • anewstart22
    edited August 2015
    A peek into my bedroom, I wouldn't normally do this but I am quite happy with the mix and match of new and old. I still need to hang my curtains and remove the towel blocking the sun but it works for now.

The first photo is of the vanity my husband made me with old nightstands we didn't need after we bought the new bedroom furniture. I still need to decide on my top, do I stain it a really nice dark or do I paint it? I am leaning toward staining it because I think it would hold up better.

xvj1cwylsghe.jpg

The second photo is of the bench we have which began life as a dresser. We bought the bench at a yard sale but made some changes to it. The top was solid on it and is the original to the dresser and the drawers were working drawers but didn't have any tracks so they fell forward when you opened it. The drawers have some real nice Tall Ships paper that was glued to them. My husband removed the solid top and took the drawers out. Then he removed all but the drawer fronts and screwed them onto the frame. Then he lined the entire inside with plywood and painted it white for me. He installed a piano hinge on the back and sturdied up the bench on the bottom. We can both sit on this thing without a creak. :o

ps4ban45adqf.jpg

The third pic is a view into my room, it is small so I couldn't get a strait on shot so this one will have to do. The old door hanging above the headboard was made by the same man who made the bench. It is an old built in ironing board cabinet door and the pictures are of the shrimp boats of the King Shrimp company that moved from here many years ago. He had taken the photos on a cloudy day while out for work and couldn't pass up the view he was getting. They were moving and couldn't take the ships or the bench with them.

2qqiilf48vnn.jpg

The fourth shot is a pic of my vanity mirror which started out in my other house hanging on a dining room wall. I thought it was perfect for what I needed.

26fq2jxc729w.jpg

• jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Hello all! I broke down and bought a new computer today-- I had to because now my phone isn't holding a charge and I can't use it :( I am trying to look on the glass half full side: at least we are all healthy no matter how many things break! I hate having to spend extra money right now but again, I'm thankful that I'm able to work and earn the money.

I am trying to get used to this keyboard so I'm not going to call you all out. I've tried to keep myself caught up and am impressed with all the pics and things that everyone does :) You are all one busy group of ladies! Have a great Sunday and I am hoping to have more time to really check in next week!
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Morning, I'm back...had computer problems and was without for a couple days. The Dell in the "family room" needs a new hard drive, I kept getting a warning dialog box that told me to back up all my data, it was ready to fail. Fortunately, I have an external hard drive to back everything up and Todd, my computer guy, came by Thursday and took the computer to work on. So, Thursday night, I turned on the HP computer in the back bedroom and it had been off for so long, it started to do updates. And updated, and more updates, and longer updates and 24 hours later, still updating. I figured it was broken and I'd have to give this one to Todd also, but finally, yesterday, it finished and is working fine.

Thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes. It was a good day in the fact that we got a lot accomplished outside. I don't do anything extra special simply because of my birthday. My sister asked if we would be going out for a special birthday dinner, but I said no, so she said that she wants to take us out when we're down there visiting. I suspect that every meal will be either going out or take-out brought back in, because we are not going to have stuff to cook with while cleaning out the house.

Wednesday lunch was wonderful, visiting with old friends. We had a great time.
    I still get shocked when I realize how much John has deteriorated...as we were driving to the café to meet up, John asked me if he had ever met Oscar's "new" wife. I said "What?!?!", of course we know his wife, we've been to their house, they've been to our house. John said he remembered Oscar's first wife, but not his "new" wife. I must tell you that Oscar and his "new" wife have been married for 30 years now. whew, sometimes, John takes my breath away.

My lunch with Carol on Thursday was also wonderful, just a couple hours for me to get away and have girl talk. She is such a great friend.

And then, Friday we worked on another waterer. When we set up the waterers, we had to raise them up so that the geese would stop putting dirt into the fresh water. I used concrete blocks and after all these years, they were failing and tumbling down. Two years ago, I bought the extension bases that go with the waterers, but then I got sick and didn't install them. Since we needed to replace all the internal parts, new valves, hoses and floats, we also got two of the bases put in as well.
    This is before:

2lwa9ikkskcw.jpg

This is after:

7h1e7vprgyxk.jpg

The water tastes a little sweeter when it's fresh...

avae4eksocqh.jpg

The East waterer is still on blocks, but since it wasn't leaking, I'll wait to work on that one until after the California trip.

oaq3j3edufsr.jpg

I better shorten this up, refill my mug and come back to write more, I suspect these photos might bump us up to another page of comments.

• sannferris
    edited August 2015
    Hey, we're still on page 30...ha ha ha

I heard from Granny this morning. She sounds good, here's part of her email:

So good to hear from you.

I'm glad you're going to get to go see your mom and that John is planning to go with you. I sure hope he doesn't back out. That is such a long drive to do by yourself. Give your mom a big hug for me.

I'm enjoying my new apartment. It's so nice having all these nice neighbors to visit with all the time. They are beginning to feel almost like family. Sometimes I eat lunch here with all of them. Some company brings it in and it only costs $2 if we have it and nothing if we don't have it. Also, sometimes churches bring in dinner, and sometimes we have breakfast. Also we can ride the Seniors bus and go out for breakfast or dinner. The bus also takes us shopping to Walmart, Dollar General, and Dollar Tree. They ask us to donate $1 each time we go along. I love not having to drive everywhere.

I do a lot of walking around the building. Mostly around 7 or 8 times in mornings before it gets too hot. Then again several times in the evening after it cools off. Also, I love walking the halls and looking at all the pretty stuff people have put outside their doors on little tables and shelves. I need to get busy and fix something pretty outside mine. Have no ideas yet.
    We also have a treadmill and a bicycle here that we can use any time we want to. It will be really nice when it's slick outside.

G-ma hasn't come to see my apartment since I got it all fixed up. She just finished driving for Bridges all summer and is now having meetings and such for her job that she has to do to be able to drive for the schools. Cavin will no longer be riding her bus since he is no longer considered to be Special Ed. He will be going to regular school.

Gotta get ready for church now. I hope this will send. I hate this new internet I have.
    Love,
    Granny

Actually, my Mom will probably be upset and disappointed that I won't be spending very much time with her this trip. We will spend most of the time at the Pasadena house, working, and she will not be there.

Every day, I remind John about our upcoming trip and it's all new news to him each time, we go through the whole thing again. He just HAS to go with me, I can not leave him home alone anymore, and yet, he's also not to the point where I can have someone stay here with him without him fighting me on that.

Anew, you had asked about John's favorite music. Yes, we play bluegrass and old time gospel music all the time. John enjoys Bill Monroe, Flatt and Scruggs, etc. He even met Flatt and Scruggs when he was 21. John and his best friend from high school, Lou, took off in an old pick up truck to drive across America. Somewhere in South Carolina, they saw a sign for a concert at a local grange hall and saw the band in person. They were so enamored by the music that they followed the tour bus to the next gig, and the next. When the bus driver noticed that this old beat up truck, with California plates, was following them, he pulled over and questioned these two "California boys" traveling around the South in the 60's. (Thought they were rebel rousers). When John and Lou said they love the music, they were invited to tag along and got to Nashville and got back stage at the Grand Ole Opry and then got an insurance waiver and finished the tour on the bus with the band. What an exciting life John has had.

Well, I hear John in the other room now, I better get going.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hi everyone! Wow, you've all been busy!

We had our monthly free concert yesterday. It was nice. 2 girls who harmonized very nicely. Then we had 2 coupons for a free personal pizza at this new sports bar so we went to dinner. Of course we added stuff so we still spent $25 but we can't complain. It was a nice evening. We tried to watch an old Shirley temple movie called Poor Little Rich Girl when we got home that we recorded from TCM but the movie or DVR messed up and only recorded 25 minutes of it - just enough to get us interested! Oh well, nothing we can do about that.

My friend Jami dyed my hair today so I look decent again for an old gal! :)

Anew, your house is really coming along. Your room with all the beautiful re-purposed wood furniture is wonderful! You guys are amazing! The new counters with the wood from the door will be great too. My counters are too high for me also but not much I can do about it. We can't afford to remodel. I sometimes put my cutting board on the table and chop there or I will have Dan mix batter for me. That helps.

Sheryl, your waterers came out great! Glad you had a nice visit with your friends. Thanks for the update from Granny so glad she's doing well and sounds so much more positive.

Jannie good that you finally bit the bullet and ordered the cabinets. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

OK ladies, hubby is waiting for me to watch our shows so I'll say good night.

Have a wonderful week!
  • arobed53
    Last night was interesting. The all you can eat barbecue was not an all you can eat and was just included in the price of the ticket. It was just judging for a cook-off. They had someone give them tickets when they got there so didn't have to pay that (but Ralph still wouldn't pay concession stand prices). But the hearing aid place gave anyone with a hearing aid a voucher for a free hot dog and she gave the grandsons that went down with Ralph one too so they had that. Our team got second place but by the time they presented the trophies and did fireworks, it was till after 10 before they got back to the house.

Babysitting had it's interesting moments. Brecken got "mad" and hid so well, I panicked a bit even though I didn't think she went outside. She did finally come out and the time away was good for her but still... After the others went to bed, Madden and I had a fun time - I got him to chortle - laughing quite loudly. I had time to straighten the house and have a snack and read a bit before they got home. Then we filled up with gas (with our cents off deal we got it for $1.53 a gallon). Then we found out Alan and family were staying out went for another night (still don't know why) so Ralph had more chores to do this morning.

We had 8 kids in Sunday School and then I worked in the nursery in church and the two of us had 6 kids there. Dinner turned out okay and Lori's stayed until 4. Then tonight we heard from some of those that did a summer missions trip - very interesting.

Tomorrow night is 4-H so that's my focus for tomorrow. Several handouts to get ready that I wanted to run off last week, but.....Then we'll start concentrating on our getaway. We'll celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary this week so though we get away for a night. There's a retired missionary couple in OK that Ralph has wanted to go visit and I'd love to meet up with Granny so we aim to go that direction.

Anew, your bedroom is really neat. You guys are talented and creative.

Jannie, hope the computer becomes second nature soon - especially if it lets you check in more often.

Sheryl, glad the computer was okay after it got updated. Glad the lunch with friends went well. You have such a sweet attitude about John - now if it would just start sleeping late again. The waterers are looking good. I got about the same info from Granny that you did. So glad the new place is working out so well. Any chance you would bring your mom to the house one day while you work? You'll be working hard since you'll be there just a short time. I love the Flats and Scrugg's story.

Hi, Isabella, seems like your concerts are more than once a month. Sounds like it was a fun evening. Not fun with the DVR messes up. I'm tall enough for our counters but still use the kitchen table quite often - especially for kneading bread. I like the idea of having hubby do things but that doesn't happen here. And speaking of hubby, he headed back toward bed so guess I will too.

Good night.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning. Another beautiful morning and we'll be in the 80's today, will probably get more done outside.

Isabella, your monthly concerts sound like such a great outing, just getting away from regular routine and a large variety of talent. I agree with Debora, seems like it's more than once a month, how time flies.
    Oh, how I hate when the vcr/dvd doesn't record as planned. You're right, nothing to do about it after the fact. Hopefully, the program gets repeated soon.

Debora, heading to OK is a great idea. If you are able to see Granny, I know she will love that.
    'No' on my mom spending a day with us in Pasadena, she has already stated that she doesn't want to go back to that house. Plus, it would be an extra trip to and from Redlands to Pasadena because we plan to stay there nights. I'm putting our air bed in the car and Norma is bringing her sleeping bag. I believe all the furniture is gone now, so not even chairs to sit on. Mom would only slow us down and be complaining the whole time. She seems so miserable and unfortunately is no fun to be around. Norma is taking books and photos to her house and we can go through them later in the week, at her house. We will probably have Mom join us for that. But, she wants no part of cleaning out the garage and carport. I actually told Norma that John might slow us down too, but that I can't leave him home alone for two weeks again. She said that we can work around him, no problem.

Anew, we all must have gone to Tupperware parties...I have a yellow strainer also. I use it constantly, one of the better purchases, so many other Tupperware pieces just sit in the back of the cabinet.

Jannie, seems like a long time before cabinet delivery. I hope the time goes fast for you, it usually does, like I said, time flies, at least for me.

Marcie...It's Monday, the start of your work week. Hope it's a good one!

• cjdigsindirt
    cjdigsindirt Posts: 23 Member
    Hi Everyone, I took some time to finally check in and see how all of my old friends are doing. I read all on this page so I am pretty caught up on what you all have been up too. Tony and I are doing fine. I am trying to log my food as often as I can remember, I need to do that first thing in the morning before I get sidetracked with projects. My garden plot is slowing down now, I am getting cucumbers now and a few tomatoes but for the most part they are already over. Too early for me, I do love my tomatoes. At least the farmer's markets will have them though September so I can buy them there.

I am planning another trip. I am thinking of driving from Washington on the old Highway 395 all the way south (back here) to Escondido. It is about a 1200 mile journey. Do you think this ol' 62 year old can do this on her own? Tony thinks I would be fine but I really wonder. I would only drive for about 6 hours a day and would make lots of stops to see the sites and stay in a decent hotel each night. What are your thoughts ladies? Carla
  • sannferris
    edited August 2015
    Good Morning.

Carla, how interesting that you are planning a trip on Hwy 395...I'm plotting out our journey on that route as well. Another TSSAB moment. John and I are traveling down next week to help my sister finish cleaning out the Pasadena house so we can sell it. I thought, to make it more enjoyable for John, we'd take a more scenic route. He absolutely hates I-5. I'm sure you can do it and will enjoy every minute and mile of it. This ol' 62 year old is doing it with an ol' grumbling 75 year old in tow.

More summer weather, so we'll be outside again today. It's starting to look like someone decent lives here instead of "white trash". Although, there are still junker vehicles in the driveway and pasture. Even though they are junk, John has a real attachment to them. So strange.

My cousin, Virginia, is having knee replacement surgery tomorrow. I hope she comes through it as well as Elaine did. She is an active woman and the pain has really slowed her down. I hope she can get back to the way she used to be.

My mugs needs a refill...
  • arobed53
    It was a full day yesterday but I got everything ready for 4-H. 6 of the kids showed up at the nursing home to show their fair items and a few more made it to the meeting. We had some good talks. The parliamentarian had them make a fruit pizza by motion for her talk so we had it plus the regular refreshments. Yum. I stopped at the church to pick up some bookmarks to take along on our trip since I was going past the church.

Today I'm working on mailing calendars to those that weren't there, sorting my DVDs and getting things back in their containers (the kids don't always do that) - nothing big, just stuff to do. Fixed another cucumber tomato salad for dinner to go with our leftovers. Trying to plan out the meals to use up what's in the fridge. I know we'll just be gone two days but still.

Carla, so good to hear from you. Of course, you can do that trip. It will be fun to decide where and what you want to do. When Ralph and I are together, I am more than willing to let him drive but if I'm by myself, I can move along at my pace, my radio programs, etc. Enjoy.

Sheryl, definitely don't have your mother come if she has no desire to see the house. Sorry she is a downer. But at least you know what to do. So glad that even though it's fresh each day, John is still okay at going along. You never mention it but I think about it from time to time. Is your voice getting any stronger. I hadn't realized that we are close to the same age difference with our hubbies or maybe I've just forgotten. Here's it's 61 and 76 (and mine grumbles too but more about his aches and pains). Enjoy your summer weather. It's only in the 90s here but hot with the humidity.

We are going to the Thank You meal this evening that they have for fair superintendents. Most we eat a meal the Fair Board brings in and then head home but kind of fun to see everyone again.

Need to get back in touch with Granny and our other friends. We've now decided on Thursday/Friday so we have Saturday to double-check on things. We're going out to eat on Sunday so don't have to think about that. I convinced Ralph that I shouldn't have to cook the Sunday close to our anniversary so we'll celebrate with the family this way.

Enjoy your Tuesday whatever you do.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning, I spent most of yesterday making phone calls or waiting for call backs. Since I was inside, I planned out how far we'd travel each day on our drive down to California and I made reservations for the hotels for the two nights on the road. Now that it's all booked and paid for, I think John won't try to back out.

Today, I have blood work scheduled at 11 am and then I'll run errands and that will probably be the last time I hit the grocery store before we leave. I have stuff for sandwiches and stuff in the freezer, so I'll buy very little so nothing spoils while we're gone for 2 weeks. Whatever fruit I buy, we'll take with us.

I was going to have the regular servicing for the car done before our trip. A month earlier than planned, but thought it would be good to have the fresh oil change, all the fluids topped off, brakes checked and tires rotated. To my surprise, when I called yesterday, they are all booked up until next Wednesday (and we're leaving on Tuesday). In the past, every time I've called, they've said I could come in that day or the next, but not this time. So, I'll check the oil myself and have all the servicing done when we return. It will be closer to the mileage that way too. They say I should be having the 25,000 mile check, based on how long I've had the car (5,000 miles every 6 months), but I only have a little over 12,000 miles on it right now. The round trip to Pasadena should put on another 2,500-3,000 miles.

I still haven't told my Mom exactly when we're coming because I don't know how much time we will have to spend with her. I know she'll expect to see me more often than I plan to visit with her. Even if I spent the whole time with her...it wouldn't be enough.

I don't know if Christina will get over here soon or not, but I'll share her great news...she got her Social Security Disability benefits. She received a letter stating that she was approved, but no word on when the checks would start coming in. She called the bank to check on finances, because it's so hard to make ends meet right now, and was told there was a huge deposit made a few days earlier. She got all the back pay from when she started the hearings and will now get monthly benefits. What an answer to prayer and a great financial relief. I'm sure it helps her mentally and emotionally too, knowing that she is contributing to the household and everything is not on Jason's back alone. She can now afford her new wheelchair. She is having more and more trouble with balance and getting around.

I think that's it for now. I need to refill my mug.

• sannferris
    Oh yes, Debora, my voice is still very raspy and I have to be careful when eating that I don't choke. The left larynx is still paralyzed and food and drink and even saliva goes down the "wrong pipe". With John's deafness and my voice, it's comical how we communicate these days.
  • anewstart22
    edited August 2015
    Good morning all, been having some trouble sleeping again and felt like a zombie, lol. Finally had some sleep last night so I am better. Today won't entail too much work in the house, I will be heading out to the store and cook dinner but that is about it for today and my lazy day. I've managed to keep the house clean although yesterday I didn't make my bed and I tried oh so hard to get a nap but that was not happening. Some sort of switch turned on or off and sleep was not in my favor.

We have the door we bought the other day all planned out. I decided that after building my little island I want to use the leftover door panels to make a tiny coffee station for my husband that will sit in the 24" wide space in the dining room next to the window. If I have a small station for him it means my 48" counter will be free for baking and food prep. This space contains my spices and all baking supplies so you can imagine daily I am using this counter but things are in the way. I would like to have my cookbook, bowls, measuring devices and such on the counter without fighting with his coffee things. Here is an example of what I want to do but it will be on much smaller scale and the shelving could be regular shelves, or baskets or???

https://bing.com/images/search?q=coffee+station+dining+room&view=detailv2&&id=3A5B1DE90E39F422195283BD4D161E2E0A76C67B&selectedIndex=0&ccid=6HzE31ot&simid=608046908838185095&thid=JN.EncX%2ffMI0hCpUf21vHbtxw&ajaxhist=0

Sanferris-Your waterers look great and it seems you have been working hard outside. I would like to have less humidity so that I can walk outside and not be soaking wet within 5 minutes, lol. Thank you for the update on Granny and your mom's house with all your plans to travel, I love to travel. I traveled by myself from South Coastal Texas all the way to Michigan in 2006, it was fun and I enjoyed the itinerary. I enjoy music too, it's the one thing that can bring my spirits up if I am feeling down. I turn it up loud and block out the world, lol.

Isyvanek-What a lovely evening for a concert and pizza. Thanks for the positive comments on my room, I enjoy it very much and it took me years to get there. My makeshift kitchen island is currently a three tier not very wide wire basket thingy with wheels on it to hold onions, garlic, potatoes and chicken broth that I put my cutting board on top of. It is wobbly, but it is the right height so I scootch it up to the cabinet for balance and start my chopping. I am excited to have a true but small scale footprint comfortable height kitchen island.

I had my husband dye my hair last Saturday because I found something all natural with the promise of no reactions. It was perfect and I had no reactions to it at all. It is called Hairprint which is only for brown or black hair, they are working on red hair and blondes but for now it is just brown or black hair. This stuff is so natural you could probably (I don't know, maybe) eat it(don't do it) although I wouldn't, lol.

myhairprint.com/pages/the-science

Arobed53-Still busy as ever and I wonder how you keep up with yourself, you must be very tired by the end of a full day.

Sanferris-Yes the Tupperware parties, I had to tell my friends no because I couldn't afford all that stuff so then it was hosting them so I could get it, lol.

cjdigsindirt-It's good to see you here, go on that trip and make it all about having a great time. Just don't pick up hitchhikers and pay attention to your surroundings. Have a set course with maps and let people know what that course is. I went on a trip to Michigan and started in South Coastal Texas back in 2006, it was a fun trip and I checked in with my husband on the phone at set times during the day to let him know I was ok and where I was on my planned trip. I had a great time and so will you.

Sanferris-Thanks for the update on Christina, she must be so relieved.

Mygnsac, I hope you are doing ok, haven't seen you here lately.

Everyone have a great day.

• anewstart22
    Ooh Ooh Ooh! I had to come back because I just found my fix for the ugly closet doors in this house. All of them are flat without any kind architecture on them. They aren't that expensive but it wouldn't be cheap to replace four closets which means 8 sets of doors. I think it would run about $1,000 dollars to get all closets done with materials and paint, etc. In comes this inspiration I just stumbled upon, add the architecture to those already installed, easy peasy! Hmm, I wonder what my husband will think, lol. I think I keep him too busy. Here it is.

remodelaholic.com/2014/05/bifold-french-door-closet-makeover/
  • sctacke
    sctacke Posts: 4 Member
    Well hello everyone! It has been way too long since I've "heard" your beautiful voices. What have I been doing? I don't know! I've been a slug. I've been a procrastinator. I've gained weight. UGH!

Sheryl, I want you to know I sent LOTS of positive vibes your direction on your birthday. I remember you don't make a big deal of birthdays, but you were thought of none-the-less. I intended to call, but then worried talking on the phone would be bothersome for you. Plan B: Send an email. That is where the procrastinator took over and well ... it didn't happen. But you were thought of none-the-less. I hope you had a fabulous day.

Debora, I've been intending to send you a Facebook message or email too. That procrastinator reared her ugly head again. Our son is moving to Iowa. He started his new job in Iowa Aug. 3, but his wife and daughter are still in KS until the house sells. So I am very sad to say I may not end up in Hesston again any time soon.

I think of you all so very often. I love "seeing" you on Facebook.

What's new? I hit a deer at a full on 65 mph July 3 and came within a few dollars of totaling my car. I was not hurt thank heavens. My car would have been totaled if the insurance adjustor knew it would need a new air conditioning compressor. But that was unknown and our insurance approved it's repair. I was without my "deer" car for a month.

We have been experiencing a drought in our area. Not a Sacramento level drought Marcie, but a drought none-the-less. We are drylands farmers, meaning we do not irrigate our crops. We've had minimal moisture in the past year. Triple digit temps in June and July. Our crops really suffered this year. Idaho County Commissioners declared and agricultural disaster in the past couple of weeks. We finished harvest yesterday; we normally start harvest the first week of August.

There are about 150 fires burning in our immediate area; ignited by lightening a couple of days ago. We have had very unusual weather this summer. Our crops matured about three weeks earlier than normal; the grain itself is very poor quality. It is extremely dry, so there is a lot of fuel for the fires. One fire is fairly close, within twenty miles, but hopefully can be kept from burning up on the prairie where we live.

So, are you all comfortable with the food log here @ MFP? I think I am being a poopy head and still pouting about losing NM. I have not yet figured out how to log a recipe. I tend to give up easily. Hence the weight gain. No?

The hubs has been pushing me to get my knees replaced. I've decided it is time. My orthopedic surgeon said when they keep me from doing things I would normally do, it is time. I surpassed that point a long time ago. So I am actively trying to lose 30 pounds before knee surgery early next year. My plan is one knee is January, the other in November, one insurance deductible. We'll see how that plan works out.

On that note, I've challenged myself to strengthen my core doing planks. At the moment I am not a fan of planks, but that could be my flabby tummy talking. :)

Okay, nuff for now. I miss you all. I'll try to hang out a little more often, but I'm not sure I can keep up with you all!

Did Granny move?
  • arobed53
    Well, I need to pack - which isn't a lot for one night - and we'll head for OK in the morning and I will get to meet Granny. Then we are to have lunch with a couple that moved to OK to be near their kids and supper with a cousin and family. In between we want to go to some bookstores. We have a inexpensive motel 6 room for the night and then will do some book shopping in OKC on Friday and then head home. It will be fun.

Today Ralph had his research appointment and then we went to the Etc. Shop and left with two big boxes of books and Ralph had a good visit with someone in there that knew some of the same people. My husband loves to visit. We did a couple of other stops and came home and I haven't done much sent. We want to head out early so guess when I'm done here, I'll do the dishes, pack and head toward bed.

Sheryl, doesn't it feel good to get the motels reserved - makes it seem more final. I hear you on not telling your mom. She doesn't need to know. I suppose you'll mostly be MIA while you are gone. I hope it all goes well.
    Fantastic news for Christina - especially that she got all the back pay. It will help.
    So the raspy voice is your normal now.

Anew, sorry you had a bad sleeping night. The coffee area would be really nice. You come up with cool ideas - just like the closet doors. That doesn't look too hard to do - especially for you guys. Interesting on the natural dye. Aren't we all tired at the end of the day? Do people still have tupperware parties? I haven't been to one for ages. I was invited to a Norwex party today but didn't go.

Sue, wonderful to have you drop in. It's been awhile. Is your son doing the same type of work in Iowa? Sorry we probably won't rub elbows again but I'm glad I got to meet you once. So glad you weren't injured in the accident - hope the fixed car continues to run well. I'm surprised they didn't total as quick as they seem to do that anymore. We had one totaled that we fixed and drove for several more years. It only hit the doors.
    Sorry for the dry year. We had several like that not too long ago. It's not fun. This looks to be a decent year for us.
    The logging is fairly easy. They have a wide database. I don't get the nutritional feedback so it's more that I eat to stay with the calories but it works for me and having this place to chat is worth being here.
    The knee plan sounds good. Elaine just went through that - I think she did one last year and one this year and she is going strong - not that she slowed down much before she did it.
    Yes, Granny moved to a new place - about 10 miles from where she lived before. Seems like a good place for her.

Hubby just asked if we were going to load the car tonight before it got dark so guess I'd better get with it. Talk to you later.