• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,912 Member
    Menu:

b cheese quesadilla, coffee
    l TJs five spice salad
    s celery and salsa
    d salmon, rice, salad, cauliflower and cheese
    d pita chips and tea

Working today...only thing is getting me to get up and move is that...so might as well, hit the bike NOW. HAGD!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Mine went according to plan. No dessert, yes wine.

This morning I'm off to yoga.
  • magic71755
    Sunday's Plan

b scrambled eggs, center cut bacon-crispy, corn salsa, coffee
    l tuna sammy
    s celery and salsa
    s pear
    d turkey, cranberry sauce, jasmine rice, broccoli, herb salad
    d pita chips and tea
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    I missed sunday. Did ok though.

Monday's plan:
    Quest bar and a small green smoothie
    string cheese
    big salad
    nuts
    dinner out! SUSHI!
  • magic71755
    B quesadilla coffee
    L tuna on rye
    S pear
    S celery salsa
    D chicken rice salad and dressing
    D pita chips and tea
  • magic71755
    Dec 1
    b egg burrito with corn salsa, coffee
    l TJ reduced guilt mac and cheese, small apple (need super easy at work)
    s celery and salsa
    d chicken, rice, broc and cauli with cheese
    d pita chips and sleepy time tea
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Good morning!
    Today:
    Br: quest bar and a spinach smoothie
    sn: string cheese
    lu: turkey with lettuce and mustard on a low carb wrap
    sn: nuts
    di: greek style veggie pasta with feta and olives
    de: no sugar added ice cream
  • magic71755
    Today's plan...going to go to sleep with just tea...just tea. NO pita chips. I can do this.

b cheese quesadilla ww tortilla, coffee
    l courtesy of TJs...bambino pizza (cold...just made it...need to work on lunch...today is not the day), apple
    s celery and salsa (this is a must...I come home from work and really get into that celery...takes the edge off IMMEDIATELY
    d standbys chicken, jasmine rice - I cook up 1/4 cup fresh and that is all I eat...truly, I could eat a whole lot more- broc and cauli with cheese
    d sleepy time tea and BED

That's the plan...let's stick to it!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Be careful with celery! Lots of it is being recalled. Don't know if your state is involved in the recalls!

me today:
    Br: quest bar, a little cottage cheese
    lu: a low carb wrap with turkey, ham, muenster, and spinach (and mustard)
    sn: an apple
    di: making spinach crust pizza with turkey pepperoni
    de: sf pudding
  • beaky1980
    beaky1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Hi guys, I've been lurking this thread for some ideas and I noticed that it seems to still be active! I've been on south beach before, ended up modifying it later (sometime after I started phase 2) and had tremendous success, losing 60lbs along with becoming an avid runner. Well, my mental health went completely down hill over the spring, so I ended up going back to old binge eating habits, eating junk, not running anymore (this part sucked the most) and gaining about 40lbs.

I'm getting back into south beach and posting my meals and reading others really helps keep the motivation.

Hopefully I can join in?
  • magic71755
    Oh my gosh, of course you can join...I am just opening my eyes...so thinking is not "open" yet...LOL...but do join us. It has been just the two of us for so long.

And truly posting my menu each day (even if it is not 100% SB, the foundation is there)...it has kept me near my lowest for a long time.

You are in the right place to get you going back in the right direction.

BIG WELCOME! <3
  • magic71755
    edited December 2015
    Yesterday went like this: (I need to get to the store for sure)...oh and my celery (I checked is from TJs)...so it was not on the list...thanks for the heads up!

thurs:

b ww tortilla, light mexican cheese quesadilla coffee with skim milk
    l TJs pizza bambino formagio (cold)...told you I need to get to the store. LOL apple
    s left over cauliflower ... celery and salsa
    d grilled salmon, jasmine rice, steamed broccoli
    d looks like I cannot give up my pita chips and of course sleepy time tea

fri's plan

b egg burrito on ww toritilla, coffee
    l TJs reduced guilt mac and cheese, apple
    d not sure
    d pita and tea

• beaky1980
    edited December 2015
    Yay! Thanks for the welcome!
    Oh, I guess I should have mentioned, I'm starting in phase 1 with the husband for probably a few weeks since the week of and week after Christmas will be a bit hit and miss with a few family gatherings, staying with the parents up north the week after, etc. We will try our best though and not sweat the small stuff, enjoy family! We will be back full throttle after the new year in phase 1 again.
    Today's preliminary plan.
    B : coffee with almond milk and sf syrup, not sure what else yet as I'm not quite hungry yet (I piggied out with the fam with pizza last night
    L: more than likely some Crockpot veggie soup I made.
    D : what I call broiled fishies with cottage cheese. Mahi Mahi coated with a light coat of flour and panko (yeah, I know, not exactly sb phase 1 friendly, but I'm not sweating the small stuff lol), egg wash, minced garlic, dried dill and then broiled about 7-8 minutes. I then have a side of cottage cheese that has dried onion and sriracha (love that stuff!) Also roasted veggies or big salad. I love brussel sprouts, cauliflower or broccoli roasted.
    S : who knows. I have no idea what my day's schedule will be (hate that).
    One last thing. I babble a lot and get very side tracked lol. Please bear with me
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Hi and welcome!
    Funny you mention phase 1. Hubs has declared himself on SB as of Monday. So I've been sort of 1.5 to support him.

Yesterday:
    Quest bar, green tea latte
    string cheese
    low carb wrap with turkey and ham and spinach and low fat cheese
    snack was kale chips
    dinner was stir fried shrimp, asparagus, peppers

Today:
    Br: quest bar and green tea latte
    sn: snap peas and broccoli
    lu: low carb wrap with turkey and ham and spinach and low fat cheese
    sn: veggies
    di: not sure!
  • magic71755
    edited December 2015
    Morning ladies...babbling is good, beaky.

The leader of this corner of the MFP world is Sabine and she is great at everything nutrition and exercise related. And also very encouraging. My lowest on SB was 135...I had bounced up to 157 last Feb and we did a reboot of Phase 1 then. I was totally dedicated and logged everything. I am now 141. Will look forward to a P1 jump start in January and it will be good to use the diary as reference as to how dedicated I can be.

b: scrambled eggs with salsa, coffee
    s: green drink
    l: tuna sammy, olives, pear or apple
    s: celery and salsa
    d: chicken, rice, steamed broc and cauli with light Mexican cheese
    d: pita chips and tea

Have a great day ... up very early on Saturday morning. (forgot to turn off one of the alarms.)
  • beaky1980
    Yesterday wasn't too bad, may not have eaten enough.
    B : ended up being some shroomies, smoked gouda, onion, black olives with 2 fried eggs on top(super runny yolk, I love that). A V8 along with coffee, almond milk and sf syrup.
    L : ended up skipping because I wasn't hungry when I had to leave to drop off 2 kids at 2 different houses (both live about 45 minutes away from mine but 1 hour from each other :open_mouth: ) Totally regretted not bringing at least a snack with, got hangry.
    Ate a sugar cookie at the husband's parents when I dropped off kid 2.
    D : My broiled fishies with cottage cheese and a nice big salad with maters, shroomies, romaine and homemade greek dressing.

Today hopefully I'll be a bit more prepared.
    B : Eggs with some veggies and cheese. Not sure if fried or scrambled yet. Coffee, almond milk, sf syrup, V8.
    S : Maybe some cukes with laughing cow cheese and turkey. Something to hold me over for karate.
    L : Veggie soup probably, try to get some protein in there somehow.
    S : Either carrots (yeah, not phase 1 but again, not sweating the small stuff...I love carrots!) or celery with homemade cashew or almond butter.
    D : Broiled fishies with cottage cheese, either salad (I want to make some cilantro dressing today if I have time) or roasted veggies of some sort.

That's the plan. All this talk of food is making me hungry, off to make breakfast.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Yesterday, final
    Br: quest bar and green tea latte
    sn: snap peas and broccoli
    lu: low carb wrap with turkey and ham and spinach and low fat cheese
    sn: veggies
    di: cobb salad, chardonnay.

today:
    br: quest bar and tomato juice (I'm uninspired with breakfast right now)
    lu: Cottage cheese and something
    sn: snap peas
    di: tofu stir fry and cauliflower rice

• Sabine_Stroehm
    beaky1980 wrote: »
    Yesterday wasn't too bad, may not have eaten enough.
    B : ended up being some shroomies, smoked gouda, onion, black olives with 2 fried eggs on top(super runny yolk, I love that). A V8 along with coffee, almond milk and sf syrup.
    L : ended up skipping because I wasn't hungry when I had to leave to drop off 2 kids at 2 different houses (both live about 45 minutes away from mine but 1 hour from each other :open_mouth: ) Totally regretted not bringing at least a snack with, got hangry.
    Ate a sugar cookie at the husband's parents when I dropped off kid 2.
    D : My broiled fishies with cottage cheese and a nice big salad with maters, shroomies, romaine and homemade greek dressing.

Today hopefully I'll be a bit more prepared.
    B : Eggs with some veggies and cheese. Not sure if fried or scrambled yet. Coffee, almond milk, sf syrup, V8.
    S : Maybe some cukes with laughing cow cheese and turkey. Something to hold me over for karate.
    L : Veggie soup probably, try to get some protein in there somehow.
    S : Either carrots (yeah, not phase 1 but again, not sweating the small stuff...I love carrots!) or celery with homemade cashew or almond butter.
    D : Broiled fishies with cottage cheese, either salad (I want to make some cilantro dressing today if I have time) or roasted veggies of some sort.

That's the plan. All this talk of food is making me hungry, off to make breakfast.

YUM. I wish hubs liked fish.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Morning ladies...babbling is good, beaky.

The leader of this corner of the MFP world is Sabine and she is great at everything nutrition and exercise related. And also very encouraging. My lowest on SB was 135...I had bounced up to 157 last Feb and we did a reboot of Phase 1 then. I was totally dedicated and logged everything. I am now 141. Will look forward to a P1 jump start in January and it will be good to use the diary as reference as to how dedicated I can be.

b: scrambled eggs with salsa, coffee
    s: green drink
    l: tuna sammy, olives, pear or apple
    s: celery and salsa
    d: chicken, rice, steamed broc and cauli with light Mexican cheese
    d: pita chips and tea

Have a great day ... up very early on Saturday morning. (forgot to turn off one of the alarms.)

You're doing so awesome!
  • beaky1980
    Yesterday went well!
    B : Fried eggs with veggies and smoked gouda. Coffee, almond milk and sf syrup.
    L : Veggie soup with feta, some carrots and grape tomatoes.
    D : Broiled fishies with cottage cheese, roasted broccoli, salad with homemade cilantro lime vinaigrette.
    S : Mini Babybel, also snuck in a chunk of some delicious cheese I was using for an egg bake I was making.

Activity for the day: got in about 2.5 miles walking with the mini wiener dog early in the morning, then 40 minute karate class.

Side note...I don't believe in much for fat free/non fat things. If the cheese bounces, something's not right lol. Seriously, I once had a block of reduced fat cheese bounce! The only reason why we buy non fat plain yogurt is because it's cheap at Costco and full fat is way more expensive.

Today's plan...
    B : Egg Bake I made yesterday topped with some sour cream and sriracha. Coffee, almond milk and sf syrup.
    L : Veggie soup, probably some cheese in there and some raw veggies on the side (mainly to derail me from wanting crackers or bread lol)
    D : Broiled fishies and cottage cheese (we usually eat this on the weekends since the husband is working and its super easy for me to whip up, even when I go back to work....hopefully soon). Roasted veggies, no salad since I used the rest of it up last night unless I make it to Costco today.
    S : Not sure yet. Whatever suits my fancy at the time :p

Activities :
    Not sure yet. No dog walk this morning, woke up with a stiff neck where I couldn't really move my head. Hoping to get out there at some point. Maybe shopping. I'm feeling a bit lazy, but I know I really should get moving.