TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    @aenglehardt347: The exercise minutes that are supposed to be used for the challenge are those that are above and beyond your normal daily activity. So, if it is normal for you to come home and do laundry, clean up, etc., I would NOT count them. I think there are a couple of players in this game (NOT on Team One) that are counting almost every minute they are awake. @MissionEnforcer is trying to address that issue with those individuals. I think you should carry on with the way you have been doing it! :)
    I've intentionally tried to keep quiet about this, because it caused quite a bit of stress for me during the summer race. I finally had to come to the conclusions that: 1.) Looking at what others are posting on the spreadsheet is in no way helpful to me, so I'm just going to do my thing and not look at what anyone else is doing. 2.) I think that there are many people (though not saying anyone on THIS team) who are not making the distinction between "physical activity" and "exercise." And I know that is a difficult one to define, because that distinction is going to be unique to each person.
    As many of you discovered last week, 1000 minutes or more, is incredibly difficult to do. And IMO, unless you are training for an endurance event (think marathon, ironman, etc) it's not something that should be done on a regular basis. If you are someone logging 1000+ minutes on a regular basis I would question - Are you honestly distinguishing between physical activity and intentional exercise??? And if so, are you truly exercising at a worthwhile intensity relative to your current fitness level???
    BUT, as I said, I'm not going to worry about what others are doing, because it will only push me in an unhealthy direction. I will do the most that I can, given my current circumstances at any given time, and hope that my team will respect and support that.

@celtikgirl Hooray for the 10k! :) That is actually my favorite distance - it's enough to feel like a workout, and give me the endorphins I crave, but not so much that it puts a heavy toll on my body or takes up too much of my time.
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    One of the things that has helped me with things like candy and treats is that if I REALLY want something, I buy just one serving. If I kept ice cream in the house, I would eat it every day, so I don't keep it in the house. If I need ice cream, I go to the shop and buy a single scoop, if I want chocolate, I buy one candy bar.
    Yes, this exactly!!!

I am totally committed to logging my food this week. So far so good. I'm glad that was one of the challenges - it will help me get myself back on track.
    Sumo squats are almost done - tomorrow is a lifting day so I'll finish them up then.

@ka97 I'm glad you pointed this out! It can sometimes be discouraging for me to see such high numbers! I simply don't have enough hours in the day. For me I count my minutes, as the minutes that I am sweating and getting my heart rate up, normally that only happens for the 45 mins that I go to the gym.
    But anyway, we did amazing last week and let's keep up the great work! Monday's and Tuesday's tend to be harder for me to check in on here because of my classes, but don't worry all I'm doing my part and will update more toward the later part of the week! Good luck all
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    2pzs4bveb9v8.jpgI've taken up doing a lunch walk and an afternoon walk at work! It gets me up from behind my desk and I get to experience more of the "great outdoors". This fall weather is perfect for it, and believe it or not, we actually have some leaves turning color in Southern California! I can see them from my desk, but this reflective view I get on my walks is pretty cool. :)

That's gorgeous! I have taken up a lunch walk morning break and afternoon break walks.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
  • CKS0806
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    abtp4yjkro7u.jpg

A walk through my neighborhood
  • CKS0806
    Options
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Lovely fall pictures.

The days total was 81 minutes for me after adding 66 minutes of running at my group workout tonight. It was a tough one, but felt good (when it was done!). The weather right now is perfect for running and I'm finally feeling like I'm getting my legs back.

Stayed well within my calorie goal for today! So that's 1/7 days.

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    busy day. 60 squats, videos 3 & 4 done. a walk at lunch, some light weights workout. plus I got to have dinner with my youngest daughter. but this Halloween candy is going to make life miserable. I have 17 days until my oldest daughters wedding. I can't add any weight. I will just have to keep busy with workouts, work and just refraining from giving in to the evil bowl of candy. I'm taking the day off of work tomorrow before I have to forfeit it, which I refuse to do. Pretty soon I won't be able to get away from work because my hours will just turn crazy. Hoping to get some videos done, the remainder of my squats done and some other exercises. Not to mention cleaning, cooking and running errands.
    Hope you all have a good night.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Did my arm swinging stuff, 50 squats behind me, a strength workout and a short walk - forgot to take my knee brace and was immediately reminded why I use it. Ate well today and stayed under my calories.

I struggle with having enough hours in the day to get more than an hour and a half - and sometimes that means I'm working out late at night. I can't imagine how those of you who are raising families and working find any time for this stuff.

I'm trying to watch the baseball game, but I keep nodding off - I think I stayed up too late last night!
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer squats are done and my bum is going to be burning tomorrow
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    I did my squats tonight after work in sections of 50 with 3 10 minute walks on the treadmill between because my legs needed a break then I stretched for 23-24 minutes and did both videos again at work. My coworker thought I was nuts waving my arms around but tomorrow I know I will only be able to do one video at work and the other before or after work
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    @ka97 @leti126 I am glad you pointed out just the actual minutes that we exercise! I was feeling bad because I normally only get an hour in after work and on weekends I put in extra but doing as much as I can around the house above and beyond getting ready for winter. I was worried that I would be letting everyone down because I don't have as high of numbers and I don't know how they can do that and still work. Hope my 60 minutes a day and sometimes more is just fine
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    65823455.jpg
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    Look at our thread! We have such a great :) general theme going on!!! We are all individuals with healthy goals and however we accomplish our own goals it helps our team!! We look at food and exercise differently but we are doing it!! <3 Like @ka97 I get annoyed that different people post activity and exercise as if they were the same, but we aren't all the same! What an athlete can do is different than someone struggling with a very high BMI.

I am nursing a bad foot, so my zumba and walking minutes are down, but those Japanese stretches and yoga works for me. Got a great end of the season bike ride in last night. GO TRIBE. (yes they were pitiful last night) :'(
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Morning amazing teammates! Had a good day yesterday. Didn't stay under calories with the kids birthday dinner (he wanted Mexican, specifically my guacamole plus birthday cake and gelato-yum but sigh) so will need to buckle down the rest of the week to get the points. Not sure if the stretching did it but I won my match yesterday! That means I'm still in the tournament and play again in two weeks (course is close for maintenance next week). I'm on the tail end of my cold but I'm going to try and do a spin class and body flow class. I'll stay in the back to hopefully keep my germs to myself. I hate doing this but I need to workout! Then I'm meeting a friend for lunch before it's mad errand day. Oops! Just saw the time -gotta go now!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sunrider%2BLiberation%2BDay%2B-%2B3.jpg
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY TEAM!
    Congratulations @cardbucfan!
    Have a great day everyone! :)
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @ka97 @leti126 I am glad you pointed out just the actual minutes that we exercise! I was feeling bad because I normally only get an hour in after work and on weekends I put in extra but doing as much as I can around the house above and beyond getting ready for winter. I was worried that I would be letting everyone down because I don't have as high of numbers and I don't know how they can do that and still work. Hope my 60 minutes a day and sometimes more is just fine

Just like you A I was happy to with the posts of Ka and Leti.
    It is unhealthy to have real workouts from more than 1000 min a week your body needs also recovery Time.
    The discussion is more what are workouts?? In my opinion workouts are a period of time that your Heartrate is around 70%/80% of tour max alowed Heartrate ( in my case is that around 140/160). I have an excample if you are a carpenter or a housepainter for your job than it not a workout but if you paint once in the 4 years your own house it can be count as a workout because it is not your daily business.
    Some people here on MFP count even "food prepare"as a workout but who are you fooling than excactly yourself!!.
    Everybody must know by themselves but I count only the workouts where my heartrate is real up!
    So please A and everybody else who have sometimes feelings of Quilt please don't!!! You are doing all an amazing and healthy Job and at the end you must can say "wow what a pleasant time and how much fun we had in this challenge" and not "pffff next challenge I will skip because it's make me crazy and my body hurts"

So keep up the good work I rather end 5th with all happy nice people as 1st with frustrated angry people.

Love you all

Big hugs from rainy belgium
    XXXXXXX
  • wolvinnetje
    Options
    BTW what a beautiful pictures from the autumn
  • wolvinnetje
    Options
    z72fj16kauyu.jpg