Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I love both, but I love the texture of corn...plus more fiber, less carbs, and DELICIOUS! :p
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    If I eat tacos I will wrap a flour tortilla around a corn one :p
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Corn all the way for me - so much more flavor... Can't wait to see pics!!! Hoping the bridesmaids dresses are good ones - I've worn some doozies in my time. Having said that, those were a fair few years ago, hopefully they've moved on in the last couple of decades!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Guys I'm sorry if I'm gone for a little bit... I lost my little baby kitty this weekend and I'm not really handling it well...please bear with me
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    so sorry to hear that steph, come back whenever you are ready.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I'm so sorry Steph, we understand :'(
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Ohhh noooo... You poor thing. Sending tons of love your way... <3<3<3<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Hey guys - I'm sorta back...I've still been reading statuses and hanging around. I haven't been eating terribly, though I spent the majority of the first 24 hours basically living in a bottle of vodka *sigh*.

I'm still recovering, and grieving and convincing myself that it's ok to, and it doesn't mean I'm forgetting her....but this one is really hard, guys. This might have been the hardest thing I've gone through...so unexpected, and she was so young, and she was my whole heart <3

Anyway I'm trying to at least stick to omad...I won't try to fast until next week when I have some more time to find some inner peace. I'm still around, I promise...I'll update as I feel able to.

Thanks for everything, as usual, my awesome OMADers.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Big hugs for you <3
  • minigrrll
    Options
    <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sorry about your kitten. Hope you feel better soon.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Aw no, I'm so very sorry about your little kitty. That's tough. Sending hugs and good wishes for you.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Thank you everyone...the pain is dulling into an ache...I'm hoping to get full back on my schedule next week...for now I'm just omad-ing, but I'm sure I'll show a gain, which is fine. Mental health took precedence this time around.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Glad you’re feeling a bit better Steph. I know how hard it is, we lost one of our dogs around this time last year.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Hi guys...just wanted to update you and let you all know that I'm ok (mostly *sigh*)...life keeps throwing things at me...Friday I found out my best friend's mom was just rediagnosed with cancer (a new and different kind), and then Saturday, I had an uncle pass away.

I had a Dr's appt today and my weight is hanging steady (which is miraculous given the amounts of stress we've been through), so no progress but that's ok. Still OMADing, just a little pre-occupied...thanks for all your kind words and I'm still reading everyone's posts etc. Hope you all doing awesome, and I appreciate you <3
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Thanxxx for the update Steph. Sorry for all you're going through. Great that you're hanging steady through it all. Life has a lot of ups and downs and it's just easier for us to forget about ourselves when so much more is in the forefront of our minds. Look forward to seeing all your yummy meals when you're ready. <3
  • minigrrll
    Options
    OMG that sucks... Great that you're holding steady though and not adding to the stress by gaining. I know it can seem like a sort of selfish and not so important thing to be worried about your weight when there's so much other life changing sh1t going on, but honestly, it's about your health and long-term health too. Plus I know I get even more depressed about stuff when I'm gaining weight, like I'm out of control or something. (Hope that makes sense...) <3
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Sorry to hear all this sad news :( ((Hugs)) <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Hang tough! It will pass.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Ok guys - I feel like I'm getting strong enough to start focusing on losing again - I was going to fast fully today but might not if I get really hungry - if I do eat an OMAD tonight, I'm going to try to make it very low cal (like one of my mini fasts) and if that happens, I'll just chalk it up to easing back into the right mindset...I'm in for the marathon, not the sprint so it's all good. Thanks for your support over the last few weeks, my darlings.