Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, first day back on OMAD - tonight, and probably tomorrow will be around 500-700 cals (I might stick to that for a few days to get back in the habit) - and then next week I'll slowly start adding in my 48 hour fasts and build up from there.

Here's my weight today: 187.4
    DISCLAIMER - I normally weigh in after a 72-96 hour fast so no liver glycogen, AND I weighed midday today after drinking my body weight in hot tea :D:D:D I'm hoping a few super low cal OMAD days will knock me down 3+ pounds...pray for ya' girl! :p
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good luck!!! You can do it and I'm praying for you girl o:)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    For what its worth I found fasting every week for 48-72 hours and straight OMAD on the other days to take its toll. Got run down after awhile and I think undernourished. Personally I'd recommend it more like a once per month type of thing.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    For what its worth I found fasting every week for 48-72 hours and straight OMAD on the other days to take its toll. Got run down after awhile and I think undernourished. Personally I'd recommend it more like a once per month type of thing.

Yes, Jim I think it was affecting my blood pressure, even though I didn't find it particularly stressful - it's just odd that my BP improving correlated directly with the time I was off plan, soooooooooooo coincidence? Perhaps, but I'm going to be gentle about it this time around.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Checking in :)

Down 2 pounds from my mini meal last night to 185.4....it makes me feel better because I had a sneaking suspicion that I'd drop 2-5 pounds the first couple of days as I get back into a routine. I'll call that a success :) Will do another mini fast tonight, and then back on normal omad for the weekend :) I'll try to keep y'all updated :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That is great news, you are getting back into the swing of things and it is paying off. Way to go!!!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Yay!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Good job!!! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Thanks, friends :) Now to keep going! :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Woohoo!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »

I'd be very careful doing that weekly also. I think that is too much. I think once a month like Jim said would be fine. Just my opinion.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    UGH - sorry to be a Debbie downer friends, but your girl appears to be sick again...such is the life of someone with no immune system...BP all over the place, super low body temp, etc...Dr's appt this afternoon...fighting through work atm...I'll keep ya updated
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Nooooo.... Get well soon... <3
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    :/
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Get better!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    I hope your Dr. Appt goes well.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    "strep like virus" - so much fun *sigh* I'll try to keep up with everyone's posts