Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,315 Member
    Oh and my birthday is the day before😳😣😬.... Cake.....GAAAAH!!! 🀭
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    @jcgator Great plan!! πŸ‘πŸ‘
    @slimn2016 Understand. πŸ€—
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Workout Warriors πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚
    NOV 2019 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
    πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ§¨πŸ§¨πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Thanksgiving Month! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— November 19πŸ¦ƒπŸ™ŒπŸ¦ƒπŸ™Œ

Setting up for success next week!

From Livestrong.com:

How to Win the Mental and Emotional Battle of Losing Weight

https://www.livestrong.com/article/157941-mental-emotional-effects-of-weight-loss/
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Oh and my birthday is the day before😳😣😬.... Cake.....GAAAAH!!! 🀭

Christmas Eve baby!! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’“πŸ’œπŸ’œ
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    My current Thanksgiving Day plan is to eat at or under maintenance that day and accept that I might lose a little less or even nothing that week. I have already planned out my meals for that day, which include my usual breakfast and lunch and a reasonable amount of the foods I want at dinner, including a slice of pumpkin cheesecake. I suppose that I'm lucky that I get to do the cooking and I'm eating in my own home, so I don't have additional family or stress.
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Thanksgiving doesn't get me quite as bad as Christmas cookies do but yes, holidays are hard for eating well! My plan is to eat what I want, try not to stuff myself and don't go overboard with desserts. I may bring a green vegetable so there is something healthy to choose from.

I'm fine with a name change! I like Fitness Warriors. I'm also fine with keeping it the same, I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other :)
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    GOOD MORNING WARRIORS
    I WOULD LIKE TO PURPOSE TO YOU A NAME CHANG OF OUR TEAM.
    I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE IT TO FITNESS WARRIORS OR WARRIOR FITNESS <<< MY CHOICE....HERE'S WHY
    WORKOUT SAYS THAT YOUR WORKING OUT... NOT THE CASE WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS TEAM..

FITNESS LENDS ITSELF TO A TON OF THINGS THAT ALL OF US DO ...
    WE ARE AS A TEAM GETTING MORE FIT WITH OUR BODIES, WITH OUR FOOD, WITH OUR EMOTIONAL SELF, WE ARE NOT SO MUCH AS TO WORKING OUT, BUT GETTING OURSELVES MORE IN TUNE TO OUR FITNESS LEVEL.
    WE AS A TEAM ARE PROMOTING FITNESS,PHYSICALITY, AND AGILITY, AND EMOTIONALLY FIT WITHIN OURSELVES
    IN DOING SO WE WILL LOOSE WEIGHT, WE WILL TONE OUR MUSCLES WE WILL AND CAN DEAL WITH THE UPS AND DOWNS TRENDS OF OUR FITNESS JOURNEY.

I HAVE BUILT THIS TEAM ALONG WITH SALLY'S HELP TO A TEAM OF GO GETTERS. WHEN YOU REGISTERED FOR THIS CHALLENGE I HAND PICKED YOU TO BE ON THIS TEAM, BECAUSE MY GUT SAID IT WAS A GOOD MATCH FOR THIS TEAM. YES THERE HAS BEEN FLOPS AND PLOPS FOR SURE, BUT BY AND LARGE WHOM I PICKED FOR THIS TEAM IS STILL HERE.

THIS PURPOSED NAME CHANGE WILL BE IMPLEMENTED BY A MAJORITY VOTE. IF DOESN'T FLY THEN WE REMAIN THE WORKOUT WARRIORS. IT WILL TAKE EFFECT IN DECEMBER TO BRING IN THE NEW YEAR. THE ATTITUDE OF THIS TEAM HAS CHANGED DRASTICALLY SINCE I FIRST JOINED IN 16. I WOULD LIKE TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH A NEW TEAM, A NEW TEAM NAME AND A NEW TEAM LOGO CHOSEN BY US THE TEAM.

1....l4msfd4tpk65.png
    2....ivp0pkg0shxg.png
    OR
    1....uq4mvams6y9a.png
    2....0chpwnna4fr4.png

It doesn't have the alliteration of Workout Warriors (W-W) and I wasn't sure the difference in meaning so I looked up the definition for fitness and it encompasses more than just exercise and workouts, but also body composition and nutrition and just being able to do things. So, given that, I like it. #1 of Fitness Warriors gets my vote.
  • shbarbor
    kdv12 wrote: Β»
    November 18 - Monday
    βœ… Renew mind/Bible time
    βœ… Gratitude
    βœ… late night snacking
    βœ… Log food
    βœ… Exercise
    βœ… 10,000 steps: 9,220

No LNS!!!! (late night snacking) When I came home everyone was talking in the kitchen, kept renewing my mind on how I didn't need to eat and my boundaries. Didn't eat - proud moment. Sunday night when I made my lunch I packed a large piece of cheesecake and a piece of Razzle berry pie, feeling since I had been sick I deserved them.... Took them back home and children ate. Stayed in my calorie goal and feel great today I didn't eat the sugar! Good day! wise choices.

Great job!
  • shbarbor
    @gadgetgirl259 Great job on goals!

@shortgirlrunning I was fine until you mentioned Thanksgiving!!!! Thanks for that!! Seriously though....yes. I overeat and I wish that I didn't also like alcohol especially when cooking a big meal because that just adds to it. Since it's my menu I can make sure to have some healthy options though. I'm already exhausted just thinking about it! I would like to focus on visiting with extended family. Heck - I would LIKE to pick up take-out or go out to eat but I couldn't talk anyone else into that :smile: We will navigate this together! We do have a nice tradition of sunrise on the beach (my girls and I) that I'm looking forward to.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,152 Member
    This may be the most important thing I’m doing right now! I’m thin. I need to help my brain realize it more often.
    Just realized: I might need to go buy an article of clothing. I haven’t purchased much at all. (I still hate clothes shopping- so many horrible experiences when I was 73lbs heavier...) Time to re-write that story! πŸ’™

I get this!! I used to loathe cloth shopping...except, when I hit goal I went cloth-shopping-crazy and over bought things that I could never have bought before. I am a bit body dysmorphic also and I cannot really "see" when I am at a healthy size/weight for my body, nor do I think I ever will be able to. I still tend to buy things that are way oversized for my body.

I'll take you shopping!!πŸ™ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜œ

Thanks @SLIMn2016 !!
    I’ll take you up on that!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    GOOD MORNING WARRIORS
    I WOULD LIKE TO PURPOSE TO YOU A NAME CHANG OF OUR TEAM.
    I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE IT TO FITNESS WARRIORS OR WARRIOR FITNESS <<< MY CHOICE....HERE'S WHY
    WORKOUT SAYS THAT YOUR WORKING OUT... NOT THE CASE WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS TEAM..

FITNESS LENDS ITSELF TO A TON OF THINGS THAT ALL OF US DO ...
    WE ARE AS A TEAM GETTING MORE FIT WITH OUR BODIES, WITH OUR FOOD, WITH OUR EMOTIONAL SELF, WE ARE NOT SO MUCH AS TO WORKING OUT, BUT GETTING OURSELVES MORE IN TUNE TO OUR FITNESS LEVEL.
    WE AS A TEAM ARE PROMOTING FITNESS,PHYSICALITY, AND AGILITY, AND EMOTIONALLY FIT WITHIN OURSELVES
    IN DOING SO WE WILL LOOSE WEIGHT, WE WILL TONE OUR MUSCLES WE WILL AND CAN DEAL WITH THE UPS AND DOWNS TRENDS OF OUR FITNESS JOURNEY.

I HAVE BUILT THIS TEAM ALONG WITH SALLY'S HELP TO A TEAM OF GO GETTERS. WHEN YOU REGISTERED FOR THIS CHALLENGE I HAND PICKED YOU TO BE ON THIS TEAM, BECAUSE MY GUT SAID IT WAS A GOOD MATCH FOR THIS TEAM. YES THERE HAS BEEN FLOPS AND PLOPS FOR SURE, BUT BY AND LARGE WHOM I PICKED FOR THIS TEAM IS STILL HERE.

THIS PURPOSED NAME CHANGE WILL BE IMPLEMENTED BY A MAJORITY VOTE. IF DOESN'T FLY THEN WE REMAIN THE WORKOUT WARRIORS. IT WILL TAKE EFFECT IN DECEMBER TO BRING IN THE NEW YEAR. THE ATTITUDE OF THIS TEAM HAS CHANGED DRASTICALLY SINCE I FIRST JOINED IN 16. I WOULD LIKE TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH A NEW TEAM, A NEW TEAM NAME AND A NEW TEAM LOGO CHOSEN BY US THE TEAM.

1....l4msfd4tpk65.png
    2....ivp0pkg0shxg.png
    OR
    1....uq4mvams6y9a.png
    2....0chpwnna4fr4.png

@Navydaddjtc
    Sounds good! I’m
    New to the group, so whatever you all decide is great!

Fitness Champions (?)
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    shbarbor wrote: Β»
    @gadgetgirl259 Great job on goals!

@shortgirlrunning I was fine until you mentioned Thanksgiving!!!! Thanks for that!! Seriously though....yes. I overeat and I wish that I didn't also like alcohol especially when cooking a big meal because that just adds to it. Since it's my menu I can make sure to have some healthy options though. I'm already exhausted just thinking about it! I would like to focus on visiting with extended family. Heck - I would LIKE to pick up take-out or go out to eat but I couldn't talk anyone else into that :smile: We will navigate this together! We do have a nice tradition of sunrise on the beach (my girls and I) that I'm looking forward to.

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’“πŸ’œπŸ’œ YES! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’“πŸ’œπŸ’œ Sunrise on the beach.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    2....0chpwnna4fr4.png

I like Fitness Warriors too!πŸ‘
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Nov 18
    βœ…1. 7,500 STEPS or more daily. 8859
    βœ…2. Eat fewer calories than my daily goal with at least 5 servings of fruit/veg daily
    βœ…3. Create (not imagine or read about), but actually create art each day.
    1/2βœ…4. Use UltraVolt on muscles 5 mins daily & arm/back stretches another 5 mins daily.
    (+ ankle & PT bands) Total 14 mins
    βœ…5. Immediately catch self if thinking negative body thought & say something very Positive about my body & something about how grateful I am to be thin & healthy.
    Had to do this several times. It helped each time!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    DAILY GOALS: Tuesday, 11/19

βœ… Logged food
    βœ… Stayed under calorie goal
    βœ… 1 hour+ of cardio --Body Pump Class, Strength Training (Legs/triceps/rows/cable pulls),Arc Trainer HIIT
    βœ… Maintained IF schedule w/ No food after dinner
    βœ… Water: 261.8 oz.
  • holmesp603
    holmesp603 Posts: 350 Member
    @SLIMn2016 I hear you and sounds like you have a good plan, I did want to share with you that it's okay to feel whatever you want to feel it's been many years for me and it seems like yesterday so instead of denying myself I give myself a little time to feel whatever I want to feel before I lock it back up for another day I'm here for you and I know all of us are here for you and for each other!
  • holmesp603
    @Navydaddjtc Im good with whatever the majority picks!
  • shbarbor
    I think it’s awesome for everyone’s losses, however is such a great reminder to us all. It’s from the inside out. Yes, I want to lose x amount, however, YOU are already AWESOME wherever you are at in your journey. You are here and doing something! Positive thoughts! Don’t think about what could go wrong, rather, what could go RIGHT. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you for letting me be part of the path you are on! You are mine, emojis and all! 🀩😜πŸ€ͺ🀩

Beautifully spoken!
  • holmesp603
    Thanksgiving is hard for me my mom's been gone many years it was her favorite holiday I have all of her recipes it's the only time I can bring her back to life or as close as possible so I'm cooking I'm going to eat that day and enjoy it and then get back on track the plan to lose 5 lbs before then is working so I'm pleased thus far even with my heavy heart
This discussion has been closed.