WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc So glad to be part of such a wonderful team!!! Maybe you discovered this already but to zoom in (or out) on any webpage in Windows, "Ctrl" "+" or "Ctrl" "-" at the same time - or you can hold down "Ctrl" and roll your mouse wheel in or out. So glad to hear about the swimming HIIT comittment!!!
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1. 10k steps
    2. 64oz of water
    3. Not to eat out this work week
    100% for Tuesday!!!!
    Feeling a little bummed I have done the Route 66 Half marathon for 6 years but will not be going this Sunday. :( I am having withdrawls hope to at least get out and walk some.
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @jcgator2016 I thought former tennis players are supposed to refuse to play pickleball?!! At least that's the word around here!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @Mechell15 Great job on goals! I can relate to your sadness on the run...but you just have to do what you can do!! Great on walking.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @Fitness327wk Thank you so much. I look forward to helping everyone with their goals.

@holmesp603 That is awesome! Way to go!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @Holmesp603 YAY! Hope your RA improves soon.

@ConfidentRaven Great on goals. You are the consistency King!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In 💃💃💃
    PW: 134.3
    CW: 134.7
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ONCE AGAIN
    I AM GOING TO FORM A ANOTHER TEAM THIS COMING UP YEAR 2020 FOR
    RUN THE YEAR 2020...2020 MILES IN 2020
    I CAN HAVE 5 TEAM MEMBERS INCLUDING ME..... *****
    IF YOU INTERESTED IN PLEASE SIGN UP BELOW AND BELOW YOUR NAME I WILL NEED AN E-MAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN INVITE YOU.
    1 GREG... @Navydaddjtc ...gregor5453@gmail.com
    2Amy @Gadgetgirl259 sasmola@sbcglobal.net I use an Apple Watch as my tracker.

***** ALSO IF WE HAVE MORE THAN 5 THAT WANT TO DO THIS
    THEN WE SURELY CAN BUILD ANOTHER TEAM

I am game Greg!! Count me in. Sally Fitness327wk@gmail.com.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Daily Goals for 11/19 Tuesday

✅1. Step Goal (11K) -- 11,838
    ✅2. Exercise 90 mins- - 113 mins.
    ✅3. Logging ALL food -- Completed
    ✅4. Sleep at least 7 hours daily-- 10 hours
    ✅5. Water 110 oz

Great! Steps posted. 💃💃💃
  • shbarbor
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In 💃💃💃

Awesome. WI posted :smile:
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    shbarbor wrote: »
    Wednesday Weigh In 💃💃💃

Awesome. WI posted :smile:

Love it, thanks Sue! 🤩👏🤩
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Missing Weigh In
    @Gutcutter500

Please Post. 👍👍👍
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @Fitness327wk Thank you so much. I look forward to helping everyone with their goals.

@holmesp603 That is awesome! Way to go!

Rockstar Kai! Thank you! 👍🤩👍
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1770) ✔1604

Get 5,000 steps a day✔ 9,009

No eating out ✔

Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. ✔ 20 minute walk, I took a rest day.

No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) ✔

Slaying it Kai! Awesome stepping! 💃💃💃 Posted.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Mechell15 wrote: »
    1. 10k steps
    2. 64oz of water
    3. Not to eat out this work week
    100% for Tuesday!!!!
    Feeling a little bummed I have done the Route 66 Half marathon for 6 years but will not be going this Sunday. :( I am having withdrawls hope to at least get out and walk some.

Hopefully you can do it next year! Bummer understand.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Sneak Peek Wednesday. The Scale Gods were not kind to me. Still paying for the Birthday party from last Saturday. No gain, but no loss. Pedal to the metal next two days.

Y'all have a great day!

Thanks! Yea on no gain! Pedal to metal! YA!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanksgiving and other Special Days
    I decided that I would take a moment and compile a few ideas from both here and other groups I’m a part of for dealing with Thanksgiving and other special days. One thing that I try to keep in mind is that learning how to handle these days is part of the fitness journey.

Eat at Maintenance Calories
    One thing that I have noticed is that many people have an all or nothing attitude about their way of eating. It’s either they’re on track and eating at a deficit or they are overeating. However, eating at maintenance, or even a little under can be useful in keeping from a binge. Plan out what you can have within your maintenance calorie level and eat at your normal deficit the other days of the week. You might still have a gain, but it should be less than if you have an all out binge.

Bank Calories:
    Some people I know bank calories. To do this they eat under their usual deficit for a few days to up to a week before and sometimes even after the special event. They then don’t worry about calories or they will eat at maintenance on the special day. The idea is that weight loss is based off a weekly deficit and the day to day doesn’t matter as much. The one issue with this is that you can wipe out an entire week’s deficit by one day of binge. This can lead to a gain.

Drink Water

Another suggestion I saw was to drink water before and if possible during an event. The theory is that you are less hungry and therefore will eat less.

Eat First
    If you have a party where you can’t plan out your food have a snack/salad/soup a short time before your party. The theory is that you won’t want to eat as much and won’t binge.

Nibble
    Have a little of everything you want, but only a little. The theory is that you won’t eat enough to go over your calories. I would imagine that goes well with the next suggestion.

OMAD
    The day of your event only eat at the event and at no other point that day. The theory is that there is no way you’ll eat more than your maintenance calories.

Eat Less Early in the Day
    Don’t want to OMAD? Then eat light the rest of the day giving you more calories for your special event.

Exercise More
    Get in more exercise or activity on the day of your event because you’ll be able to eat more calories. With this one keep in mind that calorie trackers for exercise are notoriously high so be careful when using this method.

Think Gross Thoughts
    I really didn’t know the label to put on this tip, but someone suggested that you imagine that someone has spit on all the food. It’s supposed to make you less likely to eat the foods you want to avoid.

I think I got all of them, if you have a tip let me know and I’ll add it to the list for the next holiday!
This discussion has been closed.