2021 One day, or today. You decide

Options

Replies

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Great photos! I’m in love with that owl carving! Hubby and I went for an after dinner walk yesterday by the river. It was so nice to get out in nature again. Foot held up well for a very level mile and a half! Whoo hoo! We may go again tonight after dinner but I’ve got an awful headache, so we’ll see.

I get so tired of figuring out dinners and groceries so I feel for ya! Just get some healthy stuff and you’ll think of something to cook. The logging really has been key for me. It’s a pain in the *kitten* (as you always say, lol) but it helps. I think committing to do it until the end of April is a great idea. I haven’t tried on my summer clothes yet. They didn’t fit me well last summer so I’m hoping this year will be better. I refuse to buy new clothes.

I’ll be glad when you can get back to pickleball, I know how much you enjoy it!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    well i got one full day of logging under my belt - i forgot to add a handful of walnuts i had mid afternoon but i can add them this morning as i didn't hit "complete" this entry .. my cals are set to 1400 and im pretty sure with the walnuts i'll have gone over.. but thats ok.. while i am aiming to hit the 1400, im not going to freak if its over a bit especially this first week while i adjust to eating a lot less. honest to god tho with the meals.. its like they say about covid fatigue... lol now on top of that i have food fatigue .. talk about first world problems eh ..

Suzy love that you got out for an after dinner walk with hubby! The temps have been so nice here; one night i went for a walk after dinner too.. im trying to move more in the evenings.. i basically plop myself on the couch after dinner and stay there til i count the hours to bed.. so now i save things like laundry to do at night and i went for a walk one night.. but EVERYONE was out doing the same and coming back, there were a cluster of people waiting on the elevators... omg... i stayed far away but then people kept coming and taking them lol. i should have taken the stairs.. but admit the thought of 7 flights daunted me.. i could have just done half and rested for a minute... note to self for future it will also be good for me exercise wise! so i may try it one day just to see how far i get in one go lol.

today is going to hit mid 60's so i'll try to get a nice long walk in before we go back to cooler temps; but i have to say that lovely 4 or 5 days we had has such a positive effect on my mood... its still boring just going for a walk alone lol.. but i least i "see" other people in the distance ..

it's 630am.. i've been up since 5 and Im trying to decide whether to go back to bed or go get groceries lol... decisions decisions hahaha.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    p.s. well i ended up going for groceries... thanks for the reminder about the laughing cow cheese a while back suzy.. i used to like a triangle of it melted into a bit of pasta with veggies so i got some frozen spinach as well
  • Snooozie
    Options
    well i have 2 days of logging in.. that's practically a record for me! i still struggle with night time eating altho its honestly just boredom 99% of the time, not hunger.. we're still pretty much in lockdown so my world is not much different; sometimes its so hard to believe this has gone on for sooooo long... but i can't let my head go to if things will ever be "normal" again just gotta keep it one day at a time.

It's pouring rain here today but can't complain after the lovely week we had.. i have loads of housework i COULD do... but the desire seems to be missing, go figure lol. but at least im showered and dressed today; i had an onlive live class at 930 but its libby the loon teaching so i bailed.. there's another one at 1pm i signed up for so i'll give that a shot.. i'll have to rewsort to a video of some sort to make our wee challenge requirement for today tho.. ha

ok, i'm boring everyone else along with myself so off i gooooo
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    “Libby the Loon?” :D Oh Snoozie, you make me laugh!

Keep up the logging! You can do it! I managed to WAY exceed my calorie goal for the last two days. It was totally a pity party thing. I’ve been waking at 2:00 am with an incredibly sore throat and unable to sleep. As a double whammy, I spent the afternoon at my parent’s house. Their caregiver quit today because my mom is so unbelievably difficult. It was Gin&TonicO’clock when I got home tonight and then I just ate what I wanted for dinner. Oh well. Tomorrow will be better.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    yes that's my nickname for that instructor lol.. i'm a little miffed it seems to be always her because i've been slacking a bit on the exercise at home - i still try to get in a 3-4 km walk every day, but i find the live online classes i tend to work harder (even tho i keep the camera off so they can't see me) than with a video, but that's only if i like the instructor lol..

That's so weird about the sore throat... i had a terrible one for 2 days .. could barely swallow, but now its gone.. no idea why..

omg on the caregiver.. I feel for you so much.. even tho it was over 20 yrs ago, i remember my dad not wanting ANYONE in the house at all.. i think we went thru 4 CG before there was one he liked.. or at least was ok with.. NO kidding it was G&T oclock when you got home! And don't worry at all about the dinner.. its one tree in the whole forest right? And you're doing awesome - especially considering all the stress you're under! Today's a new day and hopefully you can take the day to take care of yourself a bit whether its with healthy choices, a long soak in a tub or a walk in the woods.. hugs!

I am committed to the logging; im not sure if its because i set an "end" date of April 30th, so i know i have an "end" date.. that its not as daunting .. i hope by then i will be fully back in the swing of it and want to keep doing it.. but right now i know i need that safety net of knowing its not forever to keep me on track ha..

In my efforts to not waste as much food, I know i've mentioned i have had some pretty weird meals of leftovers - this morning i had an egg in a wrap and threw in some leftover roasted peppers i had to use up on top.. it was actually very good!! Who knew lol. i'll throw the rest in a salad for lunch... or maybe dinner as i;'m still trying to eat lighter at night.

I resisted buying any potato chips the other day and i'm quite proud of myself.. but i know it's a slippery slope so i'm not getting too cocky lol.. Today i have no idea what to do with myself.. we're in lockdown still til April 12th.. and i just have no desire to do any more housework or stuff around here at all... no i do not lol..
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Good for you for not buying the potato chips! I know they were calling your name throughout the store. They’re so rude that way! Lol.

So my two days of overindulgence led to the scale showing a two and a half pound increase. Now it will take me a week to take off what I already took off. Jeez. Yesterday was better and I even got an after dinner walk in. My throat is better today and I actually slept okay last night. Things are looking up!

My mom has been through several caregivers in the past year. I’m not exaggerating when I say that she’s a very difficult person to get along with. They have found a morning replacement that starts today so we’ll see how that goes.

• suzyqholland
    Options
    As if my life isn’t stressful enough....we’ve decided to start getting our house ready to sell and to move further north towards the mountains. We need to strike while the iron is hot because houses sell within days and for above asking price in our area right now. My to do list just turned into a novel.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    omg Suzy!!!

Wowsa!! i had no idea you were even thinking of moving lol... so i will wish you godspeed on the prep and sale!! Have you already scouted out the area you want to move to??

During the pandemic i decided i wanted out of here.. the condo where i am ... i actually looked at some of the new "55+ active community living" places they are putting up.. kind of like gated communities but geared toward younger, more active "boomers"... with biking and pickleball and lots of trails and stuff.. and more of a community.. but at the same time i'm not sure i want to move out of the city and into the boonies as such, because of being on my own i have more access here to do things (once the pandemic ends).. so because i can't decide i do nothing... so kudos to you for making the decision thats actually the hardest part!! Ok well maybe one of the hardest.. as your to do list is indeed going to be off the charts!!! Wishing you all the best as you start getting it ready!!

I have been diligently logging but im not seeing any results on the scale yet.. logically i know its too early.. its only been a few days but emotionally i want it NOW.. HA! I have been aiming for 1400 a day which was my "sweet spot" the first time to lose.. but i'm realizing now that was a few years ago and im far less active now.. so i may drop to 1300 goal for a while and see how that goes.. i seem to remember it took me a while of playing before with the cals to find the right amount for me to lose so i may have to juggle it a bit now too... i just have to be patient and consistent i know... but as always.. i want it NOW ha.

Cases of the variant are on the rise here again... we are scheduled to move to lifting some restrictions from lockdown on April 12th... but I'm not sure that's going to happen .. but i'm hoping it does as we may be able to start playing pickleball outdoors .. i'd still wear a mask to be honest during the warm up as altho we are still 6 feet apart, you play at the net to warm up and my comfort level would say wear a mask then... i would take it off during play as we are at opposite ends of our court then so a good 30 feet apart lol... anyway no point speculating now i guess but it would be good to get out and get some exercise i enjoy for a change lol

Righto... that's all i have.. Vail hope you are doing ok....?? Gail ... same ?? Hopefully you will both get a second to check in and just let us know you're good!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Now that my husband will be working from home indefinitely, we can live anywhere. We’ve been wanting to get away from all the congestion in our area. We moved here 34 years ago and it has just gotten way too crowded. I want to be no more than a thirty minute drive from my grandbaby (and daughter, of course :D ). We found a little town that we really liked that’s further north of Atlanta.

It’s like that meme we see online: I ate a salad for lunch, why haven’t I lost weight yet? It will happen, Snoozie! Logging has become routine for me now. It took awhile but now I find myself not eating something because I don’t want to log it and go over my calories. My overindulgence days are happening less often. Fingers crossed, I think I’m going to make my goal loss for March which is awesome because I was behind when I started the month. I know logging is a pain but I really think it works. Hang in there! I’m sure you’ll see a loss soon!

I really hope you get to start playing PB outside when the warmer weather hits. I know it would do wonders for your emotional and physical well-being!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    The little town sounds lovely Suzy!!! So great!!

ha on the meme.. yes exactly!! lol and i know the logging works as that's what got me to my goal weight originally.... i just need to whine about it while i continue to do it hahaha.

ooooooooo that sounds great that you are going to hit your goal for March!! yay!!!! are you going to do a final weigh on the 31st to see?? Can't wait!!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Your move sounds really exciting, Suzy! Although stressful, I'm sure. Funny to think of being able to live anywhere and work from home - how times have changed! It will be lovely to be near your grandbaby.

I'm just checking in and won't write much. I still have not recovered from that second dose of the vaccine! Have been speaking to friends and a couple of them have also had these longer term side effects for a few weeks afterwards. Completely worth it to avoid covid, of course, but I'm struggling a bit with it!

Congrats on reaching your goal for the month, Suzy! That's amazing. Well done on the logging, you and Snoozie, and working out what calorie level you need. I can't get my head round it at the moment. But I'm not gaining at least!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    oh Vail I'm so sorry to hear you're having side effects from the second dose - i had no idea! I don't know anyone here who has had a second shot, we're still trying to get a first into everyone but i have heard from a few people in an online game i play about one or 2 having more side effects after the second one.. thanks for taking the time to check in and I really hope you feel so much better very soon!!

I went WAY over yesterday in cals but at least i logged everything.. i forgot about that horrible red line that shows up when you go over LOL.. I'm still a little frustrated that the scale isnt moving but Im more resigned to it now - as in knowing it will take more than a few days to see a change LOL.. JUST have to remember its the consistency that counts.

I am finding myself so bored lately... i might even tackle some of the things i've been avoiding for the past year lol... like clearing out some cupboards and stuff The problem is its all BORING HOUSEWORK type of stuff, nothing fun. I miss fun :(
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Have Mercy!! I knew I had been busy and hadn't checked in on you all ….but I have 45 posts tp catch up on.....LOL maybe this weekend.
    I hope you are all ok...
    We have been slammed to the wall busy so I am never on here.

But a quick horror story.... I have my first page private...I think....no one should be able to see it. I got on today and there was 3 FR....Now these 3 FR were of the most vulgar positions that a young girl could get in for their pictures! I deleted them instantaneously...but I am wondering how to keep this from happening? If I have to see that every time I see a FR then I may stop MFP!!
    Can you report it or block my page somehow ?
    I am pretty broad minded and if they want to portray themselves that way it's up to them....but why 3 of them to my page? at the same timeframe …. Sounds fishy!!

I will try to pop back on soon.

Disgusted but Corona free..

Stay well my friends!
    G

• suzyqholland
    Options
    I’ve received those type of friend requests, too. I have no idea how to block them or report them. I’ll have to look into it.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I can honestly say I’ve never gotten a friend request like that - I’m pretty sure if you can capture the name without adding them you could report it to MFP
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I've had a few of those requests, not so explicit, but a similar type of thing. I don't think for a minute that the person sending the request is the woman in the picture (or even a woman). I'm guessing that these friend requests go out en masse, and there is some sort of scam behind them.

I don't know how they find usernames to send requests to, but just as a FYI this is a public group, not a private one, so anything we post here (and our usernames) can be seen by anyone.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Isn't that funny that all of you got them and i didn't.... hmmm should i be offended i didn't get any?? hahaha.. i suspect you're absolutely right Vail... and yes i made the group public wayyyyyyyyy back when i created it because a lot of women were more comfortable :lurking" in a group and reading the posts before deciding to join and i wanted them to feel comfortable doing so.. but i do know i have received friend requests from someone that when i go to look at their profile, they've been here for 2 days and they are 19 yrs old... lol so needless to say i just delete the request... :)

i've been legit logging every day.. some days are over some a bit under but im plogging along.. and i decided today i am going to treat myself to an Easter dinner from a restaurant not to far away.. maybe 15 min drive... they just extended our lockdown for another month today - we've been in this since November 26th and I think during the past entire year, i MAY have gotten a burger at a drive thru 2x and about 2 months ago i ordered a chinese dinner for take out .. but other than that the whole time its just been me and my cooking LOL.. SO this place is doing a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, green beans, stuffing, gravy, cranberry and mashed potatos so i ordered one today for pickup tomorrow... and im thrilled to be honest.... it will be so nice to have a "real" dinner that someone else made LOL.. AND no guilt because i know it will actually feed me 2 meals because i will split it up into 2 servings as soon as i get home with it lol.. I've really been trying to up my veggies a lot and cut out the starchy type stuff ... i have found one small potato cut in half, and each half cut in 3 wedges, gives me 6 wedges which i just toss in olive oil salt and pepper and stick on the sheet next to whatever i'm making... i have 3 wedges with whatever it is and have 3 for the next day too... so it makes the small potato go a lot further as a treat :)

I'm also back to only having 1/2 sandwich at a time now... i use the whole grain seeded bread thin slice that i love and usually have turkey tomato lettuce and a slice of havarti ... so i have 1/2 for breakfast and 1/2 for lunch later... and that's been helping too.. And soup lol. i made another batch of just veggie soup since i had so many veg and froze that into 1 cup portions so its a quick and easy "im starving what can i have" low cal option... trying to go back to the basics that worked for me when i came here so feeling pretty good in that regard..

still fight the evening munchies... i try to eat a few walnuts or an orange now.... but ... i want chocolate cake and ice cream LOL
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    You are doing fantastic Snoozie! I know you’ll start seeing results soon. We actually went to a restaurant for dinner tonight. We went at 5:00 so that no one was there but we went in and ate!!! Wow!!! We’ve been ordering out all along though.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy indoor dining here has been closed for over a year!! i can't even imagine eating inside a restaurant anymore so I'm happy i can get vicarious thrills through you LOL!!!

Hard to believe but even tho i live in a hugely diverse city, the only places "close" to me are burger joints and fish and chips... there are loads of nice restaurants but all of them closed because it wasnt enough for them to survive with take out only ... so I'm driving outside my area to pick up a real dinner for the first time lol.. I'm SO hoping by summer we will at least be able to sit out on a patio with a friend or two for a drink, let alone dream about having dinner together! I miss FUN :)