Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello! It sounds like you have both had a good week! Mine has been ok but the weather hasn’t been great so the rest of the sticks are still in the yard. I join you in having a home that needs to lose weight right along with me! I keep hoping that I will regain my motivation for both!
    I have another dog show weekend and will be driving back and forth Saturday and Sunday. Tomorrow we are out the door by 7:30am but Sunday’s ring time is later. I need to boil some eggs and also have carrots and hummus to take. Have a great weekend!
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Having fruit at breakfast is a good thing in my book. I try to add veggies to all of my meals, but sometimes I have fruit instead of a veggie at breakfast. Shari, I, too, am ready to get a streak going again.

Hope you have a successful time at your weekend dog show DW. I love hummus and find it very satisfying and filling. It is great with carrots! Not easy to keep on track when so busy and away from home.

I managed to accomplish some to do items, but a few went undone...will try to check them off my list tomorrow. I did well with food choices and portions today and could almost consider it a streak day. I haven't planned tomorrow's meals yet but have some healthy ideas in mind.
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well yesterday with my eating. It was my oldest's birthday and we went over to his place. I brought Christmas Morning Wifesaver as part of his gift. He absolutely loves it and will enjoy it over the next couple of days. He hasn't been feeling well so we hadn't planned on eating together. I had suggested a movie but he wasn't interested. So we visited and then since we stayed so late we ordered from Sandwich of Earl's. I ate half of mine and will eat the other half today. I was glad with my decision. I hope it wasn't too detrimental to my caloric intake. I will track my food today and see. I went straight to bed when I got home.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    I hadn't heard of Christmas Morning Wifesaver, so I looked it up. It looks delicious! I am sure this is something John would enjoy. I will plan to make it sometime. Shari, you are doing so well with portion control...half of a sandwich...woo hoo!

Today was kind of a lazy day for me, not that I was especially fatigued, I just wasn't eager to do a whole lot. So I took it a bit easy. I did cook ham and egg omelettes for brunch today, using up most of the remaining Easter ham. Since I am not a big fan of ham, I didn't over indulge in that. John isn't wild about ham either, but at Easter it is part of our custom. We probably won't have ham till next Easter!

The cartoon below sort of sums up my day today.

irj5cnltkk08.jpg

• shariletts
    Options
    That image above is going to be me just as soon as my pot of coffee is ready! I am planning for a very relaxing day.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Hope your day was as relaxing as mine Shari! It was a really good day here. After church, I read, rested, and cooked. I made a new recipe for supper, and it was very healthy & simple. I found searched for ideas online because I had some ground turkey and broccoli I wanted to use up. The recipe also included whole wheat pasta, chicken broth, and tomatoes. It was a one pot meal and very delicious. And the bonus is we have enough for tomorrow too. Today was "streak worthy," but I am holding off till tomorrow to plan on having a good new streak.

Here's to a great week for everyone!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I didn't leave the house yesterday, our temps are milder, but the wind has been strong making it very unpleasant outside. I read quite a bit. I love trying new recipes, and leftovers are the best!

Back to work today, thankful to be able to work from home. I don't enjoy the long drives I have now. Being out at the farm makes a trip to anywhere too far. I am not a fan of driving. I am thankful for the flexibility that it offers but it's just not my thing. Thankful for the radio!

Today is a good day to start a streak!
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello! Happy Monday!! It sounds like you both had a good weekend! I had a little bit of fast food while traveling home after the shows but did log it and am counting myself as successful because my weight wasn’t up this morning. The judges didn’t like my dog either day but I was happy for those who were recognized as both are friends. Yesterday’s judge said my dog is too heavy and needs more muscle so I had her out for a walk early this morning and plan to do that through Thursday no matter what the weather. We leave for a show in West VA on Friday.
    Our weather has been chilly with freeze warnings at night so not really conducive to walking and also not helpful in motivating me to get anything done around the house.
    Tomorrow I have a dental appointment for a crown that came out followed by an appointment to get the latest Covid booster. I’m actually looking forward to both-it will be good to get them done! Here’s to a great week for us all!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, I so enjoy days when I don't have to leave the house. I appreciate being at home so much. I was out today to drive John to a meeting and waited for him till the meeting was over. I use that time to read and relax. The weather in the late afternoon was ok so no need for heat or AC.

DW, congrats on logging your food and not seeing a higher number at the scale. I still haven't been brave enough to step on the scale. Working my way up to it though.

I had an ok day today. I stayed on track but didn't log my food. Felt too rushed and still need a boost of motivation.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am stressed about some of my relationships and I don't handle stress well at all. I decided to have some Brandy last night and it didn't set well with me. I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep, tonight I should sleep solid since I am exhausted and the day hasn't started. I considered taking a sick day but I have some meetings that would be difficult to reschedule. I have it on my calendar to take off May 5. We get 3 flex days, they are like sick days, but you don't have to be sick to use them. They are more like mental health days. I know I am stressed because I don't think I can eat and I have a dry heave type of cough. I need to do some self care. Drink water, walk, eat healthy and rest. i just have to make it through the day and I will make sure I have a good evening so I can feel better tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me put all of that in written form. It helps to share it.

I hope your dogs show better DW! My week isn't off to a great start, but maybe it will turn around tomorrow.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better by the time you read this Shari. You are so right about putting things in writing helping stressful situations. Will pray for you for guidance in dealing with the stressful relationships. It is a blessing to have flex days! May 5 will be here before you know it. In the meantime, I hope you are able to build in some "me" time each day...easier said than done I know.

I am back on track today, with good food choices and finally logging all of my food. I think my motivation has returned. It was a very productive day for me. So I am celebrating my accomplishments. Today was the type of day I would like to have more often.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I ended up working until 6pm last night and then a half hour drive home. I forced myself to stay up until 9pm and then went to bed. I slept pretty good. I woke up a few times in the night, but only for a few minutes. That should help me function better today. Another longer day, but that will be okay. I get to work from home tomorrow.

I think my food choices were much improved yesterday although I didn't log all of my food. I did drink a lot of water though and i plan to do that again today. I have a glass cup and a glass straw at my desk and it makes drinking water super easy.

I have had to put up a piece of cardboard on a window. We have a Robin that was attacking it multiple times a day for a few days. I looked it up online and it appears that the Robin is seeing it's own reflection and trying to guard it's territory. It could be male or female. I think I heard it again this morning, so I may need to protect another window. If I happen to catch it in the act, I will see if I can get a video.

I have lunch out with work. I have made progress so I hope this meal out doesn't derail it.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    I hope you are able protect your window from the robin Shari. I have heard of this happening, but it hasn't ever happened to me. We do have a lot of birds in this area, including robins.

I had a good day for logging food and staying on track. I was at the top of my calorie range, but I am ok with that since yesterday I was at the lower range. A friend from my old church called me to tell me she had a lot of asparagus growing in her garden and would give me some. So I drove to her home about 25 minutes away and picked up the most delicious asparagus I have ever eaten, perhaps because it was just picked and very fresh. We visited for about an hour. She is one of my 80 year old friends and has been having health issues lately. I am concerned about her. It was nice to see her. Today I also had to go physically into my bank which I haven't done in ages. My branch of this bank is closing, and I had to retrieve the contents of my safety deposit box which I have had since 1999. I am glad that is now taken care of. So, for me, this was kind of a busy day.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am so glad that you got fresh asparagus Paula. And it's already ready?!?!? I planted some from seed last year and it didn't do very well. I am not sure that it even survived the winter yet. I started some more inside from seed, and I am hoping that it will do better than my crop from last year. Of course I have to wait for at least three years to be able to enjoy any.

I am up in weight today and hoping I can get it back down. I really hope it was the meal out at lunch and that I am holding on to water due to high sodium. I guess I will know in the next day or two.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, my friend says the asparagus did arrive early, due at least in part to some of the unseasonably warm weather we had a while ago. Her asparagus comes back yearly and in great abundance. She has a very green thumb and also grows tomatoes and a few other veggies. So blessed that she shares with us.

I was at the top of my calorie range today. I was out for an appointment and stopped at our favorite local drive through hot dog shack for hot dogs for me and John. We usually eat very healthy choices, but I was craving hot dogs (maybe wanted the salt). I called John and he wanted hot dogs too. We hadn't had hot dogs since February I think, so I am not feeling too guilty about that, but I know it raised up my calorie count without adding anything good in terms of nutrition. I doubt that we will indulge in such a choice for quite a while again.
  • shariletts
    Options
    It's not very that you report eating out Paula, and I understand craving a hot dog. When we go to Costco I have to resist at each visit. I do pretty good, but it's been awhile. Unfortunately my weight is telling me it's going to have be a long time before I can indulge. I am still working on getting back to my pre Wednesday lunch weight. We are going to a friends for dinner. I will need to practice portion control since I don't have a choice about the menu. Hopefully it's healthy! I did well drinking water yesterday and it's my plan to do the same today. See if there is anymore salt to flush out. I will have a good idea where I will land at my weigh in tomorrow.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    I hope you had a fun evening with your friends Shari and that the food was at least reasonably healthy. I think you have been doing well with portion control, something I really admire!

Well I guess my hot dog venture didn't derail my motivation as I got right back on track with healthy choices today. I didn't have any cravings or attacks of the hungries. Yay! I also got a lot done around the house. My friend Kellie and her DH are coming Saturday evening for pizza (and wine for me and beer for John and Kellie's DH). So I wanted/needed to do quite a bit of cleaning and am pleased that I made good progress. I will finish before the arrive on Saturday. I will enjoy the company and the clean house!
  • shariletts
    Options
    And I overate! We enjoyed Lasagne, bread, caesar salad and a raspberry lemon bar for dessert. It was so good. Now I need to be super strict for three days. I am pretty committed. I cook almost every night and it was so nice to be served. I did slide some of my lasagne onto my DH's plate as my portion was served quite large, but even so it was more than I typically eat. Luckily I still feel full.

I hope your pizza night is full of laughter and good conversation Paula.

I am hoping to spend today outdoors gardening- or preparing the gardens. We can't plant until the end of May as there is always a risk of frost until then. I think we will pull out some Cedars(?) that are on either side of our back door. I didn't think DH would do it for me as he get sentimental about the strangest things. They are old and overgrown and I would rather pull them out and start over. We have trimmed them the last two years, but I don't care for how they look. I will try and take a before photo, the after photo would come later since we don't know what we will plant in place of them.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Oh my goodness Shari, what a delicious dinner you had! It is everything I would enjoy! I am with you 100% about appreciating a night off from cooking. I bet you didn't really do any notable damage. Your commitment will make up for any difference over time. We are usually told to not plant anything before Mother's Day in this area, so given your location the end of May makes good sense to me. I will look forward to your before and after pictures.

We had a wonderful evening with Kellie and her DH. The 4 of us shared a pizza with 2 pieces left over, so you can see we all exercised portion control. I enjoyed a nice sized glass of wine too. Such nice guests to have! They understand my and John's physical limitations so they helped with serving the drinks and cleaning up a little. John and I had the table already set so all that was needed was taking care of drinks. It was a great evening. We are never at a loss for topics to discuss.

Tomorrow's meals are already planned, and I will spend a good deal of time reading for our Monday classes. It is supposed to be a very rainy day here On Sunday...so perfect for curling up with good reading material.

A blessed Sunday to all!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am very ready to enjoy Sunday, my day of rest. It should be sunny here so I plan to be outdoors a bit. We didn't end up pulling the cedars, yet. I think I convinced DH that they need to go. We shall see.

Hockey is a big deal in Canada, especially in Alberta. We have the Edmonton Oilers, which I do cheer for, but my team is the Vegas Knights lol. They will be playing each other in the next series. I may lose a few friends lol.

I won't weight in until Tuesday or so.