Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Way to go Shari, doing well at a baby shower. Special events can be very challenging with food choices. That is definitely a non scale victory for you! Let's keep this June streak going.

This was a very good day for me. I had some strength and energy and was able to accomplish everything I set out to do. It did tire me out but not horribly. After our 6:30 to 8:00 Bible class I fell asleep for over 30 minutes. But when I woke up I felt pretty good again. I stayed on track today too, again with a very manageable appetite.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! It sounds like you are both having a great month! I am struggling to stay in the Noom calorie range and my Dr wants me to eat less than that😳. I haven’t paid a lot of attention to calories for quite a while-I was mostly paying attention to carbs….I guess I now know why I’ve gained so much weight since last fall! I had a good day yesterday, staying within the range and was disappointed that the scale didn’t go down this morning-that is so like me to expect instant rewards!😂😂😂 I will hang in there and keep trying! I have walked the dog 3 days in a row. At the first level of Fit Dog, the goal is 75 minutes/ week for 8 weeks. That can be broken down into small daily increments and is doable for me. Overall I think what I am learning about myself and my eating will be helpful in the long run and I am still hopeful for a great June!! Than you both for your support and encouragement!! We can do this!!
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I hear you DW. One bad meal can send the scale up 2 pounds but the reverse isn't true. Three good days of eating and I am holding steady on the scale. I would do better if the scale gave me some encouragement. I am not giving up. June is quickly slipping away. I can't believe it's the 6th already. I really hope to lose a pound in the next day or two. My downside is more about too much fat and not enough protein. When I track my food, that is always the trend.

I need to get back to walking. I think that helps my mental and physical health.

My garden is just starting to provide lettuce and radishes. Things are so slow as we need rain so bad. Nothing in the forecast. I am starting to sound like a true farmer!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Higher calorie range sounds good to me! But I would wonder if I would see results. I was considering Noom, but I think I am not ready to take on anything new at the moment.

Shari, The smoke from the Canadian fires has reached my area. The news is covering the story quite a bit and the weather reports address it all the time now. Some folks here are noting that their eyes are burning. There are health warnings for folks with asthma, etc. I did a grocery pick up today and really didn't notice it really. I will pay more attention when I am outside with Buster tomorrow.

I did ok today but was hungrier than usual. It seems my old appetite has returned. I had to work hard today to stay on track. I was at the upper range of my calories but will aim for more midrange tomorrow.

• shariletts
    Options
    The smoke from the fires is so bad for your health. If you start to see the haze be careful. We were told that being outdoors for an hour is like smoking a pack of cigarettes. That sounds extreme to me and I didn't look it up to see if I heard correctly. We were still out and about and I know for some people, they just couldn't. My dad being one of them.

I am still doing okay with my meals. I think I ate more yesterday than I typically have been. I will be careful not to do that today! I am really hoping to see a lower number on the scale by the end of the week. So far, it does not look promising. It would really help me to stay on track! I need the feedback from the scale to keep going.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Today the smoke from Canada reached a high point in our area. On one air quality index our air quality was off the chart for danger. The range goes up to 400 (highest range is 300 to 400 rated as hazardous). Our air earlier today measured 462 and now is 416. The sky is very hazy with an orange tint. Again some folks are noting burning eyes and staying indoors with windows closed is encouraged. I ventured out only when necessary with Buster. Thursday is expected to have some improvement, but there are conflicting opinions on this.

Today was a bit of a struggle for me with eating. I again am at the upper range for calories. Ugh! I had a bunch of things to take care of today, which I did, but allowed them to sidetrack me from better meal planning. My energy level dropped a bit today, which also contributed to my higher calorie range. Tomorrow my demands will be much lower (I think) so I should do better all around.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Isn't so hard to believe that the smoke from fires in Canada, which are doing so much better, travelled that far East and South with what seems to be as much intensity as they were here? We didn't see the sun for a couple of weeks!

I have been pretty good with my eating still but without a scale cheering me on! I hope we all can see some loss soon!!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Our air quality improved a bit today, though still considered unhealthy from what I gather. I think it will take a few more days before things get more back to normal.

I had a very good day for eating on track today, much better than the past 2 days. I am hoping to do as well tomorrow! Today I was given a surprise last minute task from one of my groups (the same group with the script project). I got right to this task and finished in just a few hours. Yay!! Waiting for the feedback again, but since it wasn't a difficult task, even if I have to do more or make changes I will be ok with that.

Hard to believe the weekend is right around the corner again!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am so thankful that it is Friday and that it's a sunny day.

I had a good day for eating and far I am very happy with my determination in June. I hope to keep it going. Just a quick check in today as I was tired and slept in a bit. Almost time to get to the home office.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Our air quality continues to improve. There are still issues but it seems to be less serious now. I am still careful, but I don't spend much time outside anyway.

It was a pretty good day for me. I was hungry again but managed to stay on track but again with calories at the higher end of my range. I didn't tax myself with a lot of chores today and enjoyed some "me" time. That is sort of my plan for Saturday too. Not sure about my meal plan for tomorrow, but it could be burgers and salad.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Good morning and happy Saturday! It sounds like you have both been doing well! I have also been doing pretty well with my eating but the scale remains the same. The smoke from the fires has also been impacting our area but I haven’t noticed much except the colors around sunrise and sunset.
    Tomorrow I am the liturgist at church again. I seem to be a regular in the rotation-lol!! I also plan to get up early and walk the dog. We’ve taken a break the past two days but the new week starts tomorrow! Today’s Noom lesson was about increasing metabolism by building muscle and increasing protein . The metabolism lesson was specific for my age group( over 60) and I am going to try to apply it!! Have a fun weekend!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I seem to be doing okay with my eating, BUT like you DW, the scale isn't budging. It has moved a few ounces, but I am expecting to lose pounds with the measures that I have taken.

We seem to have smoke in the air again. I heard it was from fires in Quebec, not our own fires. It's also very windy today so maybe the smoke will blown away.

I slept in today, not a good idea. My back is super sore now. Getting old comes with a lot of aches and pains does't it and recovery time seems so much slower.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, You must be a very good liturgist! How nice to be able to help out your church that way. Your Noom lessons sound interesting. I am considering doing WW online again, just for a chance in tracking and options. They always seem to have specials to entice people to rejoin.

Hope your back is feeling better. Sometimes those aches ease up as the day goes on.

I had a good day today for eating. I stuck to my plan for burgers and salad for dinner and that satisfied me. I wasn't even tempted to snack tonight. Sometimes I want a few of John's Pringles or sometimes something sweet, but not tonight. Now to keep up with this pattern.

Blessed Sunday to all!
  • shariletts
    Options
    June has been going well for me diet-wise. But still not seeing much incentive on the scale! I am still hoping that will happen. I have been pretty strict. I have been tempted to try a paid diet plan of some sort, but I haven't yet. I think I will make that decision at the end of June. If what I am doing right now doesn't work, I will some extra outside help.

Have a lovely Sunday.

My Vegas Knights are playing some very good hockey! I can't believe I am watching, not something I have ever been interested in before.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Congrats to your Knights Shari. I will pay a little more attention to the hockey scores on the news!

Today was a pleasant day, nice weather, much improved air quality, and few demands so I was able to take it easy and enjoy the day. Our neighbor Jane came to sit outside with us for a while today. She is such a dear neighbor! My calories were higher than I like but still within range, and my calories came from all healthy choices.

I'm ready for Monday!
  • shariletts
    Options
    We had a very short and light spit of rain last night. It was better than nothing, but my garden is in desperate need of rain. I see rain in the forecast for Wednesday and I hope it will!!!

I ate well yesterday and my weight still refuses to budge. I have curbed the upward trend and have bent the curve ever so slightly. I hope this is my week to see the scale move much significantly.

I will be working from home today which is wonderful. It seems like road repairs are everywhere and that makes driving the worst! In the winter it's icy roads and in the summer when you hope to be able to scoot around, you can't.

Eat well everyone! We can still do this.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, good insight into your success noting that you have curbed your upward trend! Celebrate that trend and hang in there!! We had a fairly good soaking rain this afternoon, very much needed here. It has been so dry here that my lawn service hasn't mowed in 2 weeks, and he never likes to miss a week because getting paid weekly for each mow.

I got my hair cut today. It feels and looks good. That too was much needed! I learned a little more about WW plan and am going to sign up for six months at $15 per month. I will see how it goes. Of course I will continue to post here because I love and greatly appreciate our interactions and support. I will have to step on the scale soon to get a new baseline for my weight while trying WW.

• shariletts
    Options
    I am still doing well with my diet, but no evidence on the scale. I am 13 days in and I really really hope that on June 15 I can see some progress on the scale.

I am glad to hear that you will still post here Paula! I value our connection very much. I hope that you will see good results with WW. I will be the last one to join a program of some sort, but it looks like I will need the extra help too.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello! Happy Tuesday! After 22 days, we finally had a nice rain on Sunday and a little more this morning with more rain possible tonight. I am not usually one to celebrate the rain but I am appreciating it now!! I am also cautiously celebrating a weight loss of 1.4 pounds. I hope it is still off tomorrow!! Noom says that a true plateau is at least 2 weeks with no loss. I always feel like I’ve hit a plateau after 3 days !! I’ve been stuck for a while …
    Shari, I hope you will get positive feedback from the scale soon but even without that, you are making healthy choices that will promote good health and energy!!
    Paula, good luck with WW!! I’m interested to hear how it goes!!
    I have continued to walk the dog and have an appointment with the foot doctor on Friday. I hope he will be able to help with the ongoing pain I’ve been experiencing in my right heel. Other doctors have linked it to my nerve pain in that leg, but the other pain has resolved and this has persisted for months. I hope you both have a great rest of your Tuesday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Shari, DW makes a good point about making healthy eating choices even if we are not seeing significant downward scale movement (yet). I appreciate being reminded of that. I believe eventually we will see the numbers we are hoping for, just maybe not as quickly as we would like.
    And Shari, congrats to your Golden Knights! Enjoy celebrating this win!!!

DW, good luck with your foot issue. Pain when walking is tough to deal with. Congrats on your good news at the scale. Very inspiring to me! And thanks for sharing the NOOM information about plateaus.

I am excited about doing WW again. The program is different from the last time I did it. One of the main differences I notice is that it is not necessary to track the zero point foods. And there are a lot of choices that I like in the zero points category including eggs, chicken & turkey breast, fish & shellfish, fruits, non starchy veggies, beans, peas, lentils, corn, plain air popped popcorn, and plain non fat yogurt. It was a very easy eating day for me today. I hope the novelty of this program doesn't wear off and that I eventually see some good results.