Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 871 Member
    I do remember. It's been at least 2 years since I had cherries and I love them....but I won't ever pay $11 a pound for the Ranier...my favorites. It's nuts really. BUT....God is aware of these things and the workings behind them. Every time I see or hear of a "recall" I cringe...because of the losses involved from the farmer to our tables.

However....God is also aware of my "reasoning" and my carelessness in many choices I make and I need to release those things to Him...pronto! LOL...like using the last of the frozen onion rings and adding them to my next shopping list? I caught me doing that!
    I'll ask Him to "catch and correct me"! I need to go thru my freezer, fridge and cabinets before I prepare a new order. I've been here before but didn't carry thru for one reason or another. Most of my reasons have to do with the pain/mobility issues but I need to work around them. I am thankful for the tools I have to do that.

Same! I want us all to linger longer here! I am so thankful for each day we get and I can still get some things done. Leaning on Jesus and depending on His power, provision and strength each day. I am blessed!

Love and prayers for us all in this new day. Be loving and gentle with yourselves. I'll do the same at my spot.stzszah6e063.png
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Amen! God is my strength and song, and in the midst of struggle He is the strong tower I go to for refuge! I love those passages in the Psalms. When I "feel" like I can't take it, I fix my eyes on Jesus and smile - for some reason putting a smile on my face takes away the negative feelings and I start to praise the Lord and ask Him to give me grace to go through what I must, to glorify and honor Him in the midst of it and to learn whatever it is that He is teaching me! That way, what I couldn't take before I can now because it has a purpose. I still cry out, "Help me, God", and He does!

Going to the dentist today. My dental assistant is awesome when she does my 6 month cleanings. We chat (well, I mumble) and then the dentist comes in (a lady) and she takes a look and tells me all the things that no one else has told me when I went to the dentist (and my last dentist was really good). I never knew I had geographic tongue - explains the burning. I also just took my canker sores for granted, but she said that having three at one time isn't normal, it could possibly indicate an auto-immune disorder. I don't think it's that, I think it's that I have acid reflux and I can often feel that reflux in my esophagus and on occasion in my mouth. Ick! Sounds weird, but I enjoy going to the dentist!

Love you ladies. Stay cool! Rest when you need to. Lean on Jesus always.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    686pnm8rht8o.jpg
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 81 Member
    My daughter had my grandbaby Sunday night. 6lb 15 oz She was 4 weeks early. I was with her through it all and she and the baby hopefully get to come home today! I'm so excited to hold her again! Gotta head her way... thought i would take a sec to update ya'll
    love and hugs
  • bren5535
    Wow! I feel the same, Kim...and find myself smiling a LOT...because of God's presence, provision, protection, peace and power in all circumstances. I know He doesn't roll His eyes at me or walk away even if I stray off the path at times. I am working to get on it and stay there...

I got up at 2 AM but I had a deep sleep yesterday and didn't wake up until 9:30 PM....so I am up to get some less noisy chores done...trash out, bathroom cleaned etc.

Wow, Missy! I saw pics and she is beautiful but 4 weeks early? Yikes...that may be the rough days alluded to. I'm so glad they are home now and the routine will be formed and settled for you all. Congrats on your precious granddaughter.

Have a blessed day, Ladies....Love and prayers for this new day.
  • Restfinder
    How exciting, Missy! Praise the Lord they are doing well enough to get to come home! God is good. I don't have FB, but I'd love to see those really cute pictures too if you find you have a minute or two to post them! (I'm blinking my eyelashes at you and giving you "the look"). Congratulations! 6dgwxrehzguk.jpg

Giving Bren and Marilyn hugs too!

Went to the dentist, every thing looked good! Praise the Lord. Love y'all.
  • Restfinder
    I hope everyone is doing well today. Y'all keep doing the good things you've been doing. I've been eating fewer calories this week and am down the same two pounds I keep fiddling with! :D It's just nice when the scale goes below 240! I'm not able to do a whole lot, but, I am trying to do what I can. I need to think before I eat something and I challenge all of us to do that too.

Love y'all.
  • bren5535
    I skipped dinner 3 times this week because I woke up so late from a nap and didn't feel well...wasn't hungry. So for a few days...I was hungry for breakfast...that I normally skip.

I got my freezers done yesterday...I only discarded a couple of things but more might have to go as I go to use them. I've been working on keeping my fridge tidy as well, after sorting/cleaning it a couple of weeks ago. Putting things in their proper spot when I get a delivery will help with that. After seeing how much meat I have in the freezers, I knocked the chicken thighs and ground pork off today's order! Perhaps soon, I can devote some energy to my cabinets!

I hear you on the scale thing. I'm still bopping up and down and quickly regained what I'd lost, eating applesauce and SF pudding! I will make attempts at simple meal planning and getting my veggies in. I have a bag of apples in there to give away. They are too big and hard and I can't eat them. I will stay with my small Galas for now....I might try one, cut up. These are the Cosmic Crisp. What I really want are the Rokits...but they are over $10.00 ....ack! I bought some many years ago and loved them....small and no waste, easy to eat. Wish this thing-ee did smaller pics...oh well....
    kg2x10qirmyo.png

gtazs6g0fyhd.jpg
    zv5ffg9fv5vc.jpg
    pbr747g3ajij.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Wow, your freezers look more organized than ours. We have a big one in the hallway, and then the one in the fridge. We probably have enough meat to last us the rest of the year! Right now it's just so hard for me to want to eat anything hot. Oh, I really like a half an apple on my salads, so refreshing! Gala's and Ambrosia's are my favorites. We can get the Ambrosias from our Garden Center, about 100 yds from our house! They also have the Galas, but we usually get those in the grocery store. They often carry garden fresh veggies as well and watermelons - yummers on the watermelon. We've been getting quite a few grape-type tomatoes from the plants we have in the garden, and there are a couple of good-sized canteloupes out there as well. Figs are ripening on those trees too! And we have gotten quite a few blackberries off the single bush we have. A good year!

Well, y'all have a safe and cool day. Jesus loves you and so do I.
  • Restfinder
    edited July 17
    2cl739gdafp3.jpg

I think I stole this one from you, Bren! :*
  • bren5535
    LOL...Steal away! I get mine off my FB page or Pinterest mostly....Time is flying, isn't it? Hope you're all doing well at your spots.
    I've been awake since 2 AM so will close the door and take a nap...Maintenance is dealing with the bathroom today...the ceiling (3 stages and 1 to go) and the tile around the tub. New fixtures would be nice. They have the water off so am glad I have some bottles.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Have been keeping up with reading all your posts but havent posted as this vertigo think is getting to me. Have a phone call with doctor tomorrow - the veritgo is much better but still have it - I can tell when it is going to happen due to the pressure in the head - now to see what I should do about it. I have meds that work but they make me sick to stomach and he has given me meds to help with that so am thinking he will suggest to use both of those when needed.

We are in a heat wave here - well over 100 F - so am having to take care not to get dehyrated - was on Saturday and the vertigo was really bad as lack of water will do that. So am now making sure I get 4 glasses of water drunk by lunch time and then get the rest in slowly the rest of the day. Due to the heat haven't been out - hubby goes out when needed for groceries otherwise we are inside were we can stay cool.

Don't want to complain though as soon we will be having rain and snow and complaining about the cold. Funny people we are right!!!!

Norms 80th birthday is at the end of the month - am having a spaghetti dinner for him - was going to have a couple of friends over but he decided he would rather have the 3 of us plus our older daughter, son in law and their son -

Am doing a study on the Gospel of Matthew with my husband - lots in that book.

• kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 81 Member
    8jog0uu1hlzy.png
    My precious Grandbaby
    Adalynn
  • bren5535
    Oh no, Marilyn! I totally empathize with you on the horrid vertigo. I spent years with it, with the Meniere's I've had since I was 21...so 50 years. Tho after the balance organ burned out...I got a reprieve from that but lost my hearing. After my fall last year, it was reactivated for 3 months but to a lesser degree. You are in my prayers for sure. I am so sorry this has come to you!

Missy, she is so precious! Enjoy your time with her...now and in the days ahead. Continued prayers for all of you. Hoping hubby is much better too after his hospital run. I'm thankful care is available...I just don't want to go get it...tho I know we should as much as we can.

I got up to a flooded bathroom again last night and it's much worse this morning...ack! The one who flushes tampons and causes these repeated, irritating and costly ...as well as MUCH too often issues...should have to pay the plumbing bill a few times. Shane said this starts with the same apartment every time and affects 3 wings of the complex. I'm thankful I have my porta potty thing tho it's a notch or 2 too high and uncomfortable....I'm still glad to have it! Maintenance and the plumbers will be on duty this morning and we at least have water....for coffee and light clean up. It won't be the first time I did a sink bath in cold water. They have the hot water off to cut down on showers and further flooding for now.

And on we go....Be blessed in this new day and rejoice! We are loved beyond comprehension and our Father in Heaven has us in His tender care. Love you all...
  • Restfinder
    Missy, she is beautiful. Love that bow! So glad she and your daughter are well! Praying for y'all.

Marilyn, I get dizzy spells, but it's not that like vertigo where the room spins, I just get dizzy. I think it has to do with the fluid I get in my ears. I lower my head and breath calmly until it goes away. I get it too when I'm standing close to Wade and have to look up to talk to him (or, blush, blush, give him a kiss). I have to watch my steps when I am walking outside because sometimes when I look up I lose my balance. I'm doing that more and more too. Not so much that I feel like I could fall down, but just where I sway a little bit. I have a friend who gets vertigo and it sends her to her bed with her eyes closed! Praying for you, sister. Happy Birthday to your hubby too! I can't believe that y'all are that hot - wow! Definitely stay in as much as possible.

Bren, ick! I agree, she should pay the plumbing bill, or the cleaning bill, or the tile bill! When it costs her something she MAY stop doing it! I don't know, a cold sink bath sounds rather good. I may do me one this afternoon! I've been washing my hair in cool water. Oh, I got me some of those spring-type clips for my bangs. I look awful in a headband, so thought that these would keep the hair off of my face and maybe look okay - bingo!

Got my Medicare done yesterday. I have to wait for some approval, but I don't think it will be a problem. We did it through an insurance agency, for free, and being a part of their system they can help us in the future. Wade and I both watched a bunch of YouTube videos on it, and they had some really good ones, and that their service is free it seemed a good idea to get their help. Now to wait until August or September, when I go to the doctor for my "Welcome to Medicare" visit to see about getting my back MRI'd and see what shape it is in. It's been around 10 years since my last one.

Other than that, staying as cool as I can. Love y'all.

• bren5535
    Thankfully, we only have water off due to plumbing issues, more major than thought...they will run cameras down every line in the complex, looking for broken pipes, snags and the like, found a huge grease plug in the city line across from the complex. Each time they thought it was done and safe to turn water back on, the flooding came again immediately. They were in and out all day...from 9-5.
    They finished my tiles in the tub yesterday and put new fixtures on. Oh boy! This will be a joy to use once I have access! The new set up includes the handheld thing-ee which will make using my shower stool easier.

I used some of my bottled water for my coffee this morning and was so glad I have it! I have 3 bottles left so am praying they get us fixed properly today and a long "dry spell" in the works! I'll

The other maintenance guy...don't know his name...but he's going to trade TV's with me. He has a bigger one and would like my small one for one of his girls. He will do all the hooking up as that's way beyond me these days! I'm going to give him the VCR/DVD player as well. I've had it about 15 years, maybe used it 5 times due to my hearing...and lack of savvy dealing with all the assorted instructions for use. I don't even know if you can get a new VCR anymore? LOL...I am OK being behind the times on some things. Kitchen things are as uptown as I get as I age.

Here we are at the door of another weekend...I need to get some chores done today. I crashed and burned yesterday, having folks in and out all day, missed my nap, was in so much pain last night and really stressed. Praying for a calmer more peaceful day today and hope they finish up early!

Have a blessed day at your spots...and take good care of yourselves. Love and prayers...
  • bren5535
    PS: The plumbers are having to tear into our parking area to replace old pipe that is causing trouble. We are all hoping this extra work will ensure this particular problem becomes a bad memory!
    The water was on long enough that I was able to clean my toilet and get 3 good flushes in. Maintenance says they hope to get me a new toilet...and if so, I will have an awesome, reworked bathroom to enjoy! I look forward to playing in the shower soon!
  • Restfinder
    Oh wow, this trouble has actually ended up being a blessing. It's not fun while it's happening, but you do get a refreshed bathroom out of it! Take a day to rest, nap, and refresh yourself! Praying for you!

I'm hurting in my hip and right leg, as well as my left hand. The overheating thing is still hanging on as well. I'm just hot if I don't have air blowing on me. In the past I would ask Wade to turn the fan away from me, I didn't like air blowing on me, now, I need it! God is good, we have plenty of fans! We are trying to keep the air conditioning on a higher temperature so it isn't taxed. It's OLD and we just can't afford for it to go out. We do have a window unit in the bedroom and it feels sooooo good to sleep with it on! I sleep much more deeply with it cool in there.

Have a blessed weekend and Lord's Day. Love you
  • bren5535
    That consoles me! I will love my new shower get up, loving my new sink and if I get a toilet...that's a bonus!

The water has been on since Noon so I am thinking the work is done, praise God! I finally have the dishwasher going after 3 days of no water...and have half a new load at the ready.

I've been is no much pain...from the stress, little rest and yesterday my cable was out and that required multiple trips to the living room to fiddle with and check things while having a tech on the message thing on the computer and that wore me out!

I should rest much better tonight and I did get a nap today which helped. I am doing just what you said...resting/refreshing! Once the bathroom is restored to order and the work is finished in there, I may not leave my cave until mid-August!

I hear you on the fan! I have one by my bed and a small one here at the computer, but stay comfy with the AC at 73-74....and can do that because my electric bill is so low...which is God's blessing! It's been $15 and change up to $51 and change....It's been awesome!

Have a blessed and restful evening...and a wonderful Sunday ahead...Love and prayers for us all.
  • Restfinder
    Wow, and I thought we had cheap electric bills which are around $150/mo. Wade keeps our air around 82, but lowers it when I just can't cool down. It helps our old A/C unit so it doesn't have to run very hard. I didn't even need the A/C last night when we went to bed (the one in our bedroom). I did get warm early this morning, around 6, but I threw off my blanket and that helped!

Well, I'm going to get back into my comfortable chair and raise my feet up for awhile! Love y'all.