Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Seems the tiredness and sickness is going around. Hubby is complaining of feeling fired and lazy which is not normal for him - and he is coughing a little. For me the tiredness is expected due to my kidneys not working as they should. Saw the surgeon last Thursday - they will be able to do the surgury on my right arm getting it ready for dialysis - this cut it upen just above the elbow, connecth what they need to connect for making the vein large enough to withdraw all blood clean it up and put it back it - the surgery takes about 1 hour, then 3 weeks to heal and the stitches to come out and then 3 months for it to mature - then I will be ready for dialysis and with the Lord's help I am praying that this can be put off till next year some time. I now it is necessary to keep me alive but in reality it is also confirming that I am nearing the final years here on earth - that is the hard part, though I look forward to eternity with Christ the leaving behind my husband and our youngest daugther is difficult especially since she is special needs and we have to start planning where she will live after I am gone as it would be difficult for hubby to take care of her by himself - and he is showing signs that he understands having her live elsewhere is nearing but he doesn't like it as she is such a blessing - but he has a good bond with her and will still be involved a lot with her but is going to need extra help.

I am losing weight - I gained up to 10 pounds in about 5 days - all water retention as because of my kidneys I can't take meds for water retention. Doctor said it was something I was eating and I needed to be honest and have a good look at what I was doing. Found the problem and in last 6 days have lost the 10 pounds and a bit more so have made better changes. Will continue with what I am eating and should the weight stall out again then I will have to do another honest look at it to make further changes.

I have one more iron infustion to go next Monday and then will have blood work done to see how much help it has been. Think it is improving but am still feeling the cold - but I have always felt the cold and my hands are always really cold. But if the iron level has come up closer to where it should be I will be over joyed.

uyoow7lfth9n.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 873 Member
    Prayers for you Marilyn as you prepare physically, spiritually and emotionally for the time ahead. I know God is with you each step of the way in this valley experience. You're doing all you can for your part. Bless you.
  • bren5535
    Hey, Kim...that mug isn't as big as it looks! It holds 2 cups of coffee, tea etc. I do know that you don't gulp but sip...so it would take you a lot longer to empty! That word...always reminds me of what my Daddy would say, as he opened his wallet....OIC...UR E_M_P_T_Y. It's hard to believe he's been gone 30 years. Was only 62 when he passed away. Love you ladies....
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Oh wow, I'm a year older than he was when he passed! I think people are living longer these days than they used to.

Marilyn, praying for you, sweetie! Remember, none of this is a surprise to the Lord and He will give you what you need as you seek Him.

Still feeling this sickness. Sore throat, coughing, head congestion, fatigue. Wade bought me some cough syrup and that has really helped - at least for four hours I don't feel the need to cough up a lung! LOL! Praise the Lord for my wonderful husband - boy, He gave me a very good one!

Love you ladies.
  • Marilynsretired
    a71fuabhuxc0.jpg
  • Restfinder
    I agree, Marilyn. That's what we are to God - we are in His thoughts and in His heart. Wow, itty-bitty me has a God who knows me and loves me - that is beyond awesome!

Still quite sick. Getting more cough medicine, that really helps! Unfortunately one bottle lasts about a day and a half! LOL! I've been taking Nyquil at night and that really helps me sleep through the night. Thank You, Lord, for giving people the wisdom to make things that help us when we are sick!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    fmnh7idug58p.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Thank you for your prayers. I can't believe this "cold" is hanging on for so long! Did a home covid test yesterday and it was negative, praising the Lord for that precious gift!
  • Marilynsretired
    xkbl1sbd4c78.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    dpbzwkjh12zj.jpg
  • bren5535
    Good morning, Ladies.

I Hope you feel much better, very soon, Kim. I am so very thankful that I never got COVID and it's been about 6 years at least since I had the flu. One never knows what's around us when we are out in public. I am glad to be a happy homebody in that respect.

Prayers for comfort, rest and healing...for us all today.
  • Marilynsretired
    x1vnqvq73nio.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Praise the Lord, the antibiotics seem to be breaking up whatever had a hold on me. I think it was a bacterial sinus infection. Doc wants me to go through two antibiotics courses to ensure we kick it out, especially since I have so much trouble with my sinuses anyway. So, I am doing much better. Still coughing some, but it's loose and easy, and I'm able to breathe out of my nose! Woohoo! Now, to get done the stuff that got pushed to the side for the past week!

Hope y'all are doing well. Love you
  • bren5535
    Oh, that's great news! So glad you're on the mend. It's been a rough ride.

My ongoing rough ride is my back. My desk chair is a contributor to the pain as the hydraulics are out and it sits too low. Even with my cushion. Oh well....the ones at the office developed the same problem and caused a lot of trouble. We're still here and very blessed!
  • Restfinder
    Amen. I am so glad we are all still here! My desk chair cracked at the base and now the post that holds up the seat is sitting on the floor! LOL! I can't move the chair at all or I will gouge out the floor. Wade has been too busy trying to fix part of our roof he hasn't had time to work on it. He thinks he can get it working right again, but me, I'm looking at new chairs! LOL!

A bit of a set back this morning, coughing isn't as easy as it was yesterday and my heads stuffiness isn't moving like it did yesterday. I think I tried to do too much while I was feeling good, so I will take it easy today. Going out in a bit to pick up my second course of antibiotics.

Not much else going on with me right now. Hope y'all do well today. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    gnfl21h6gjn0.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Amen, Marilyn. So good to see you today! I hope you are doing alright. Keep doing the right things so hopefully, we can push your dialysis farther out! You are in my prayers!

You too, Miss Bren! Hope you are having a very good day.

Still sick. I will start my second round of antibiotics tomorrow. I felt quite good that one day, but then had a set back, so am just trying to take it as easy as I can. Wade is sick now too, so I would appreciate your prayers for him as well.

Love you ladies!
  • bren5535
    Yes! Prayers for Wade and you as you count down to recovery. Hoping this passes quickly and you are both well...very soon.

I made a batch of chicken salad for the first time in about 12 years. I pulled the remains of that huge split breast from the soup I'd made. I had to take a break midway for my back. I forgot the chopped pepper I planned to use as I have no pimento. That one big hunk of chicken made almost 3 cups! I had onion and pickle relish to pop in it. Had some for lunch with crackers and cheese cubes. I have one more of those in the freezer. Chicken on steroids I think.

I've laid low today. Have just felt really tired the past 2 days. and the pain knocks me out.

I saw my new neighbor yesterday...or else she was visiting? A Mama and 2 cute little girls came out as I was coming back in with my mail. The girls and I waved and smiled and I called the little one baby....and wished them a really good day.

I got the rest of my flowers and the mats I'd ordered. I'll play with the flowers this weekend. I'd planned to use one of the mats under the flower pot...
    h20he7746yoe.jpg

Be blessed all....and rest well...love and prayers.
  • Marilynsretired
    95m5et5t7u68.jpeg
  • Restfinder
    Oh my, if those are pinching cheeks I don't know what is! And that tummy just cries for a zerbert!

Still recovering. Not coughing quite as much but the head is still congested, although it isn't draining as much either. On day one of my second Zpak. Hopefully this will knock out whatever is in there. I haven't had antibiotics since 2002, so I'm not too worried about taking two sets. This is the sickest I've been in many years, and Wade is thinking he hasn't felt this bad in quite a while as well. He had the flu once while we lived in Hickory though and he was down for the count with that one.

Hope you ladies are doing well today. I hope your pain is more manageable today, Bren. Love you both and am praying for you.