Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    y0mqn5kcjyvs.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    I get scam stuff all the time on my phone and I have apps in place to protect me from all the other stuff. If I have no idea who it is from I delete it without opening it. I got something from my Brenda Bradshaw spoofer not that long ago and put her in spam, so hopefully she will just keep going there. Text me if you want to get in touch with me! I don't want to miss anything from you! PayPal is another one that I get scams from - they have closed my account, or Amazon needs more information. Those just get deleted. Frustrating. I have a VPN on my phone and on my computer that hides my location - I like that!

Doing so much better. Still having some coughing from head drainage, but that is fairly normal for my allergies. I am taking Flonase regularly now and hope to see some drying up soon. I've also taken some Sudaphed, and that seems to help dry me up some, but I don't want to take it for long since it also has medicine for chest congestion, and that isn't an issue.

What a beautiful day after a weekend of rain. It is cool out there though! Hey, it's May, it's not supposed to be hot yet!

Love you. Trust Jesus, He already has it all figured out!
  • Marilynsretired
    vui0mq31wbe2.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Very true! Our joy comes from the Lord, not the world!

Doing well. I'm going to get some steps in today and some upper body workout with my three pound weights. After not doing anything for about a month, I need to lower the weight!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    rkvnf8lkdba8.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 873 Member
    Me too, Kim....but my weights are 2 pound and feel like 8. LOL I am weak and weary. I've been down a full week with the feet so feel beat up. So very glad you are feeling better!

i got a message on that $210 payment on my phone. It was for a citation from Washington Court House Municipal Court! It said check your e-mail for a receipt. I deleted it today. I too, get a lot of phony messages...from gift cards to packages needing delivery to messages from my ex in heaven.

I figured out the Me: MOZ....lol I am goofy. I was having computer issues, kicking me out when I tried to correct spelling in a post. I used my phone to find mozzarella. Uhh Duh.

I managed to get an order picked up today. I do have to take a break or two...between loading it in the cart, pushing it inside and putting things away, my back is in agony....with the least exertion.

My BP has been great since getting back on the Amlodopine. Weight...237.6 after climbing to 245! Ack. My FBS was 101 this morning and I need to get on track and stay there. I see my PCP and Endo again the end of July and need to get myself sorted out.

Wishing you all a blessed and restful evening at your spots on the map...Love and prayers
  • Restfinder
    That is good weight loss, Bren, and that 101 is also super good! Did you ever look at the TENS units? Something might help while you are trying to do a chore - it will block the pain receptors. I had one at one time that I could let run all day, now most of them will run for 1 hour only then you have to set it all back up again. It really does help, and it isn't that expensive - just don't set the pads on your spine or on your head! Great way to get shock therapy! I'm so sorry about your feet. That is something scary for someone with diabetes!

It turned chilly on me and I had to bring out a sweatshirt. It's nicer now though, in the upper 60s - although outside I'm hot, inside I'm chilly! Outside there is pollen, so I don't want to spend much time out there!

Well, not much else going on with me. I ordered an upper thigh wrap that has a built-in waistband to help hold it up. I have a separate waistband for the one I have but it doesn't really hold the thigh wrap up. I found it on E-bay for around $13.50 with tax! Super good price and if the measurements were correct it should fit me! LOL! Sometimes my leg just kind of goes out on me.

Well, I'll let you go. Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    cnstj0l3n0ea.jpg
  • Restfinder
    So true. Especially true for our walk with Jesus!

31h5sxzg1rdw.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Happy Saturday, ladies. Hope you are both alright. Love you!
  • Marilynsretired
    gn55k0f22ed0.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Bren, I hope you are alright, sweetie! I am going to get in touch with you on Monday if I don't hear from you by the time I get on then! Praying!
  • bren5535
    I'm Ok, Kim. I just had another round with the foot. The pain shifted from the ankle, thought it was healing and it was just going into the Achilles/heel area for more agony for a few days. Today is day 10 total and I am doing better, praise God. It's been awhile since I had a bad episode...just not long enough!

I managed to get some chores done this morning and am so thankful after being hobbled for so long. Thanks so much for prayers in my behalf. God hears and answers.
  • Restfinder
    So glad that you are doing better. I think we talked about one of those knee roller walker thingies! LOL! You put your knee on it to keep weight off of that leg and then move along like a walker. Have you ever tried anything like that? https://www.amazon.com/WINLOVE-Steerable-Scooter-Braking-Injured/dp/B08GFGDRCH E-bay has some cheaper ones. Beware the ones below $50 though, a couple of those were for the cushion, not the "knee walker".

Had a bad headache last night. It started mildly in Church, and stayed mild throughout but got bad as soon as I got home - isn't God awesome!? Meds took care of it in about an hour and a half, but I had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep thoughout the night. I finally got up at about a quarter to 7. Don't feel too bad today. Been sneezing a lot yesterday and today so will do my walking in doors. Will also work on my arm exercises. Oh yeah, and I have to get those dishes done - eek!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    4ospwftykxzd.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    Just checking in...

BREN- I second the tens unit. Medicare may even cover it if your doctor writes a prescription for it. I used one for months under doctors orders due to extreme foot pain. I hooked the unit to my waistband and ran the wires down my leg to my foot. I just used 2 pads instead of 4 (not enough room on my foot for 4). It worked for 3.5 months until I could get into the surgeon. I was working a job where I walked between 8-10 miles a day and it worked wonders!

Marilyn- keeping your kidney issue in our prayers. Bills first kidney doctors appt is this week. His last reading was 26. I don't think they will do dialysis if it goes lower due to the Alzheimer's. They say that dialysis can cause quicker progression with the Alzheimer's. We will see, though. Right now he couldn't get out of the house to have it done. I'm trying to get prices on stair lifts to help us out.
  • Marilynsretired
    u2z2gndo6nfj.jpg
  • bren5535
    TENS unit....nada...too feeble to apply...bad shoulders, reach is limited, Knee roller...nope...knee couldn't handle the pressure and with my mobility issues I'd most likely wreck myself and do further damage. I'd still be hobbling about as that wouldn't do well in an apartment with little free space. Thanks for the tips tho...I pray a lot, take Tylenol and get lovely naps.
  • Restfinder
    It's so hard when you have so many issues. You stay in my prayers, sweet sister!

Have a headache this morning, but only when I move my head - weird! Took my meds so am hoping it will feel better soon.

Have a blessed day!
  • Marilynsretired
    fekno88utop5.jpg