Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 873 Member
    That's great! To have someone to come to your spot for help! That's a blessing and a whole set of tires...wow! For me....I am so very thankful for my Triple A membership and Firestone.

I used to get my tires at Discount tires but after not using my card for 4 years, they closed my account. That's OK, now that I'm retired and not wanting to gallivant about, I let my Firestone, on this side of town, take care of my car needs.

You did good...in leaving behind things. I do that with my online shopping carts...I usually have some trimming and deleting to do as I often uhm....have things leaping into the cart that are not to my benefit!
    So many things this girl gets in trouble with...and I do have goals to work on that require better actions from me!

My feet are finally back to normal and I am so grateful! That was another rough ride. I am so thankful for prayers in my behalf when I'm dragging in the valley experiences.

I'm going to get coffee on, check yesterday's mail and feed some kitties. They have been skittish with the door changes going on...

Today's stats:
    126/78 76
    I tried something new and so delicious yesterday....Avocado toast on thin sliced 15 grain...with some hot sauce....oh my! Why haven't I done that before?

I have a Wal-Mart order to pick up this morning and some meds at Walgreen's. I have things coming in from Amazon today...phone batteries and the like. My home phones gave it up after 10 years. It will still ring but I can't dial out and it shows dead batteries.

Have a blessed weekend all....Love and prayers.3suy2iijihh4.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Thank you all for praying - they have been answered. The operation went well and the fiscula is working - I have to test it 2x a day to make sure I get a 'buzz', my arm does have a bandage over the stitches and am quite swollen. Big thing is I am not to lift anything with that are for the time being so am really aware of doing things differently. I am black and blue from bruises both where the operated and also where they put the IV on the other arm. Thoughit is sore I have been able to stay off of pain killers which is good but do have some tyenlol should it be bad - they told me it could 'hurt' for up to 3 weeks so will see how that goes. The bandage looks a mess but the kidney clinic is closed till Tuesday so I will be calling then to go up to them to have them change the bandage and make sure it is healing well. But am feeling ok so that is great.

aj3knqlk1qo7.jpg
  • bren5535
    Oh that's great Marilyn! So glad to see you checking in and in good spirits. I hear you on the bruising. There's no way around that it seems and it takes a long while to clear up. Continued prayers for your journey in the time ahead.
  • Marilynsretired
    bke3vp4jb6vs.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Oh, that is hilarious! That would be me! It's a workout just to get dressed some mornings.

Marilyn, praise the Lord all is going well so far. Lord willing you won't need to use it for a while. You be good and use that arm as little as possible!

I saw your numbers, Bren, very good. My weight is just a wee bit higher than yours, 236.8 (well, that's if my doctor's office is still two pounds heavier than mine! Otherwise, it's 238.8! LOL) I'm so glad your feet are doing better. Praise the Lord.

Had a good time at the air show. It was about 3,000 steps to get to the venue from our car. I didn't realize that I had gotten some blisters on that journey but felt them when going back. Had to stop about five times for those and a racing heart on our way back to the car. The airshow was very good. It was cloudy in the morning, so a nice breeze kept things cool. Then most of the clouds burned off, but the Lord sent a breeze just when I was getting really warm/hot. I stayed under the umbrella most of the afternoon. Then some clouds rolled in near the end, so nice. There were a ton of people there - Seymour Johnson Airbase in Goldsboro, NC, about two hours away from us.

• Marilynsretired
    mervowt0ubds.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    ute8ywvr4k3x.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Life may not require perfection, but God requires believers or atonement perfection from His children. He requires us to be perfect in love as He is perfect. He requires us to be righteous as He is righteous. Not absolute perfection, only God can have that, but a perfection that has us totally committed and submitted to the will of God.

Doing much better today. Not nearly as sore, although I do have my thigh brace on and my compression garments. I need to squeeze off some of this fluid and get a little bit of weight down. I was 238-240 this morning. I think I will put it that way - the first number is if I take two pounds away from what my doctor's scale would say and then what my scale says! I am going to cut out all wheat from my diet and curb my intake of dairy. Not sure how or when I will exercise. I am also going to stop eating at 7 PM, so I will have an 11 - 12 hour fast through the night. I've read that intermittent fasting doesn't really help, but it makes me stop at a certain time and for me, that's a good thing.

Went to the eye doctor. All looks good for me. I ordered a pair of computer glasses, the intermediate section is bigger than the other two, so that will be nice. Nothing should go wrong as far as vitreous detachments go, I'm only supposed to have one for each eye, and I've had both of mine. As long as it doesn't cause a retinal detachment, I'm good! I'll go back in a year. Next month is the dentist!

Love y'all.
  • Restfinder
    Happy Wednesday, my lovelies! I hope your day will be very good. Love you!
  • Marilynsretired
    newbyn6cqemp.jpg
  • bren5535
    That's a good report, Kim....I think it's been 2 years since my last eye appointment but then I haven't been having issues except for my aversion to getting dressed and driving?

My weight is back up after a careless week...I need to be done with such things. The pain is a deterrent to good behavior but not an excuse to stay in trouble. I am ready to try Advil for the pain tho I am advised not to. The Tylenol doesn't even pretend to relieve it.

I managed with God's help and in His strength, to get my chores done the past 2-3 days. Today will be lighter efforts needed.

I had laundry picked up yesterday and had the phone/cable guy out. After replacing the phone batteries Sunday, it still didn't work....but it was a 5 second fix...he just unplugged the power cord, plugged it back in to reset. I may have to pay the $60 fee for his service trip....but at least I hadn't already ordered new phones....I need the landline due to my hearing issues which are magnified on my cell....Oh well. There are folks in the world I am most sure, who would trade problems with me.

My Brother: I don't hear from him, other than the texts when someone died, like my friend Dee...last year. I'd posted a note in search of him on FB and another friend and her hubby....cousin by marriage many years ago, somewhat loosely....has let him move into Johnny's Mom and Pop's house, rent free, just has to pay utilities and do some keep up. They are such a blessing.
    I am very rarely tempted to drive over there, since I don't want to drive at all...but if I did, I would have to get directions to the house. He lives across the street from my ex-step son is all I know.

Speaking of driving...did I mention I still have a half tank of gas? From my fill up, last November?

Have a blessed day Ladies....and take good care of yourselves. I will do the same here at my spot.

• Restfinder
    Wow, you missed out on most of the super-high gas prices! Good for you!

My weight was down one pound yesterday. I forgot to weigh this morning. I'm having quite a bit of pain in my lower left abdomen. I think it's IBS related, but if it doesn't resolve today I'll go to the doctor. Without insurance, I can't afford to have a lot of tests done! Please be praying it will go away on its own!

Not much else to tell. Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    3inpc02rq8w7.jpg
  • bren5535
    Oh...Praying this issue resolves itself, Kim. Yes...do have a time limit for waiting to see a Dr. is need be. Love you!
    Prayers for us all in the days ahead....
  • Marilynsretired
    zc9id0muijok.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Going to the doctor this afternoon and will see what he says about the pain. I found that if I just sit still I don't have as much pain - seeing as the most pain comes when I'm moving around! LOL! Lord willing all will be well and he'll know what it is right away. Thank you for your prayers.
  • Restfinder
    Saw a PA, a new guy to me, and he thinks it's diverticulitis. To be sure we would have to do a CAT scan, but since I don't have insurance we are avoiding that and just going to do the meds for diverticulitis. I've taken two antibiotics and one of the meds specific for this. Pain is much better today - by the hand of God - not doubled over but just gentle stabs! LOL! I will be taking seeds and nuts out of my diet! Ugh. I think jello will be the only thing I can eat pretty soon! LOL! Love you. Thank you for your prayers.
  • Marilynsretired
    oj01vtk52fdn.jpg
  • bren5535
    Oh Kim! So very glad you saw someone...and have some meds and yes...it does seem Jello is the meal plan for now. Praying you are back up to snuff quickly. Be gentle with your loving self....
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    Glad to see you gals! I pray ya'll are doing well! Are we doing any challenges lately? My garden is keeping me very busy! I still love watching my birds!
    Kim, diverticulitis is nothing to take lightly. It almost killed me. I had to have a big chunk of my intestines removed ...so please be careful!
    missed ya'll
    Missy