Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    al4gafth995l.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    A kind word turneth away wrath! Sure does. I like speaking a kind happy word with store clerks and see them smile and relax! They don't get a lot of that from most folks.

Still sick, although slowly eeking my way towards wellness. Wade is still sick but up on the roof trying to get that mostly done before more rain comes this weekend. He takes a lot of breaks. He has a friend coming to help him after he gets of work this evening - I'm very happy about that. One of the young men is going to run to the "dump" for us too since we don't get garbage pick up here.

I hope you ladies are doing well. You remain in my prayers.
  • Restfinder
    Happy Saturday. Hope you ladies are alright. Have an awesome weekend!
  • Marilynsretired
    hwb6z3tig1q7.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 873 Member
    Good morning Ladies...Praying for special blessings for us all in this new day.

I've been dragging a bit the past few days. Rather...a bit more than usual? Hoping today will get more of my attention.

I hope you are nearing recovery, Kim....and that Wade was able to finish the roof work before the storm. Hope he feels much better quickly as well. Brings to mind being ordered to clean the windows at the office when Sharon and I both had the flu. Seems our boss stayed mad at us for some reason. Daddy boss, Steve. So thankful those days are behind me!

Here's my flower pot...not styled or anything but rather cheery....and the other mat I got. Hydrangeas are a favorite as they bring to mind my Granny's huge bushes at the end of her porch in Missouri...where we were born.66k2a1mmnpbg.jpg
    The bush that I grew from dry stick cuttings my Alabama friend gave me, and I planted at my rent house in Haleyville....were really filled out and should be bigger than Granny's after 25 years! Betty has gone to glory...as have many in these years I've been home.

I need to load my meds packs, collect my trash, clean the kitchen and vacuum...and cobble together some salads today.
    Love y'all...
  • Restfinder
    edited April 2023
    I need to fill my meds too! Ugh, a job I only have to do once a month, and am glad. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't taking so many supplements! My few dishes need to get done as well. I'm close to being over this so I don't want to overdo it like I did that first feeling-good day and then had a slide backward. Phew, this grammar-fixing thing is going to wear me out! LOL! Oftentimes it's something I knew I should have done but didn't put in (like hyphens). It rarely has to change the spelling, but grammar is another thing.

Your flowers are so pretty. Mom used to grow sunflowers in her garden. Zinnias were her favorite, and she had gladiolas as well. One day I looked out and a baby squirrel was sitting on top of the sunflower eating the seeds - way too cute! I am still trying to figure out exactly what my favorite bush was - mom called it a hyacinth azalea, but nothing comes up when I look for that. I think it's a rare kind of azalea and I've found some that look a lot like mine, but I need to see the bush at a distance rather than up close to be sure. The ones I've seen as so close though I think I would love them as much. They are a very pale purple/blue and so much more flowy-looking than the regular azalea flowers. 4077qu1prm2g.jpg
    This is a rhododendron augustinii.
  • Marilynsretired
    y3h627nabt4g.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Way cute, Marilyn! What a nice chuckle that was!

Doing a wee bit better today, not coughing as much but head still quite congested, which could now just be allergies. Ugh! Took my last antibiotic this morning, oh, and I didn't take any cough medicine last night, so hopefully that part is done with. I should be getting some Sudaphed mailed from CVS to help take care of the congestion in my head. I put some Flonase in my nose and when I breathed in I could feel the pain down into my teeth! EEK! Guess something is going on in my sinuses!

Beautiful day today. Wade is nearly done with the roof. he's putting on the roll roofing and just has to finish off the chimney and this one corner that is a mess! LOL! Can't wait 'til he gets done! He's done most of it while sick as well - what a guy!

Love y'all. Hoping you are having a good day!
  • Marilynsretired
    yoboa3wsc0ln.jpg
  • bren5535
    edited April 2023
    I can "see" the baby squirrel on the sunflower!ssbv8cv4sudi.jpg

Those are lovely flowers. I used to bird watch when I was in Alabama...in my lush back yard, from my glider on the porch. What fun...

So glad you're feeling better....continued prayers for us all.
  • Restfinder
    That's exactly how it looked - too cute!

I need to get my sugar water made for my hummingbird feeder. I think we are out of the cold weather now. We watched a hummingbird nest on YouTube. The babies grew quickly and were off the next quite fast - of course it was a tiny nest and the bigger they got the less room they had! LOL! We like to watch the eagles too. A couple of eggs were lost in the California nest due to the blizzard they had there. Mama did her best and often was surrounded by snow on her nest, but it was just too cold for her eggs. When she left the eggs crows came and got a meal from them.

Still congested in the head and I did take some cough syrup last night because my throat was irritated by the drainage. I don't think I can still be sick, it's been 18 days now since this started - surely it's just allergies by now! I was able to get my dishes done yesterday without having a setback - praise the Lord for that.

I saw the doctor yesterday for my left eye. Yep, Vitreous Detachment. I have this huge floater right in the middle of my vision. The other floater isn't much of a problem anymore, my brain has decided to ignore it. I see it now and again, but it's quickly out of my mind. Praise the Lord it wasn't a retinal detachment, although some of the signs were there, he looked really closely and it was just the vitreous. God is so very good. It's not supposed to happen more than once per eye, so I shouldn't have this problem again. We go in May for our regular checkup so he will take a close look again and make sure everything looks alright.

Well, I hope you ladies are doing well. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

• Marilynsretired
    wooioucfx24d.jpg
  • Restfinder
    That's what our pastor's message was about last night, being thankful in every situation, good and bad! Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised!

Here's a picture I saw today: 8np8gl1k4q40.png

God is good all the time!
    Love you.
  • Marilynsretired
    fob1cbclkx3l.jpg
  • bren5535
    edited April 2023
    Good morning, Ladies.
    Here we are at the door of May already. Time slides away very quickly.

I've been down with my right foot this week...this is day 6 actually and the past 2 nights have been pretty awful. Last night I had some spasms that went into my back as well. First time for that and I'd be OK to not do that again. I got my surgical shoe out of the closet. It's been so long since I used it, that it's rather awkward and unstable so I got my walker to the rescue.

The bugs...oh my...God is so good to me. I've treated about 6 times and currently in this entire month, have seen/captured less than a dozen. Maybe about 7. I am so happy! I have almost a full bottle of spray so if they want to make a reappearance, I'll feed them well. Thanks Marilyn, for the tip on the Raid.

Other than the pain, I've been resting better, tho I have had 2 nights where I was up about midnight...near tears last night. For over a year, my sleep patterns were off kilter so it feels really good to be nearing normal again.

I need some coffee and a plan for the day. Be blessed and refreshed in this new day...Love you!2745od29tqpn.png
  • Restfinder
    What great pictures! So glad the bug situation is so much better, Bren! Hope both of you ladies are feeling alright. Keep that boot on, Bren!

I'm doing much better. Still a bit stuffy, but I think I am past the sickness and now it's just allergies. Praise the Lord!

Rainy here, but it seems that Wade's roofing job is working well, no leaks in the house! I'm blessed with the man that God created for me.

Hope you have an awesome day. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    ob577h517ljv.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    72hngpauymal.jpg
  • Restfinder
    So little kindness in this world today!

Hope y'all have a very blessed Lord's Day tomorrow. Love you
  • bren5535
    So true, Kim. This world is becoming more evil daily...rampaging hatred and insanity....and complete idiocy from the ground up.

I think my phone has been hacked. There are 2 texts. One from just a number, saying your online payment of $210 has been posted. Thank you...and response marked "me"...of NOZ. A Phishing scam? For all the "security screens"...evil doers have 3 hacks it seems....to get around them.