Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are doing amazingly!! I have loads to catch up on!

Crepes, that streak is amaze-balls! Great job on the pizza too, oh yum! Also, I haven't tried panko-breaded OR the lasagna, but now I'm incredibly interested and must find recipes!!

Dennis, loving those long run updates! Your endurance is inspiring! So the first marathon is this coming weekend, correct? Eeeek, I'm excited/nervous for you! Lol

Toadqueen, fantastic job on resisting that trigger!! Restrictive diets can be really difficult, but it sounds like you're doing well so far.

Ruralife, amazing successes there! It's the little things that add up and bolster our confidence to fight the big battles! Good for you!

BoubouChan, that sounds AWESOME! Way to totally blast your own goal out of the water! Do you think you'll participate in more events now that you've tried one?

Pudding, correct! I eat seafood (fish, shrimp, oysters, etc.) and the reg tofu, eggs, cheese, but no cows, chicken, pork, etc. You're right, I can totally hit my goal, but it takes SO much attention. I hit my goal 5/7 days last week while also fitting in treats, so not too shabby.
    Phew! What a weekend! I'm proud that we didn't lounge around all weekend and made time for both fun and tidying up the apartment which was so needed. I could've done better with my eating but it's in the past.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Dennis, loving those long run updates! Your endurance is inspiring! So the first marathon is this coming weekend, correct? Eeeek, I'm excited/nervous for you! Lol

I actually ran the Columbus marathon yesterday. I ran under my son's name and bib since he couldnt make it. And I'm happy to report that I finished the race in a time that I was very satisfied with.

But yes - I do have the Marine Corps Marathon this Sunday in Washington D.C. That was the original first planned marathon since recovery. And I am great;y anticipating this marathon! Thank You!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Checking to see if image upload works. I talked about my "locked cage" idea.

With my eating disorder, I primarily eat only a few select foods, normally (but not always) veggies, oatmeal, protein powders, eggs and some fruits. But when I snack at night, I might also eat cereals or peanut butter if they are in the kitchen / pantry. So here, I put the cereals, oatmeal, protein powders, bagels, peanut butter, etc in a dog travel cage I purchased for under $30 and I lock the cage door. My wife then slips the key into her pillow case over night.

o8edvl31bcdb.jpg
    001.JPG 110.7K
  • BoubouChan
    BoubouChan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    BoubouChan, that sounds AWESOME! Way to totally blast your own goal out of the water! Do you think you'll participate in more events now that you've tried one?

Yes, I think I will! Crossing the finish line was a blast :smile: I want to do another 10k and improve my time, and I would like to eventually try a 15k. 15k races are fairly rare, though (at least in my hometown). Usually you register either for the 10k or for the half-marathon. I don't know if I'll ever be ready for that, both mentally and physically.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    @Dennis4766 only two more days until the big Marine Corps marathon! :grin:

@BoubouChan That's so great to hear! Don't doubt yourself, you never know where you might end up :)

Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my workout routine last night. It was a close one, but I finally gave in and did what needed to be done. So glad I did too. I'm on track with the FitnessBlender 5 day workout challenge and almost done with all of my goals from another challenge too. It's been a really stressful week but I'm pleasantly surprised by how I've handled it.

Here's to the weekend! Happy Friday ya'll!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    @Dennis4766 only two more days until the big Marine Corps marathon! :grin:

Thank you for remembering. I'm in DC now and am SO PUMPED! This marathon will be ran for fun! Not concerned about the time, I want to enjoy this. :)
    Here's to the weekend! Happy Friday ya'll!

Have a great weekend!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    When it came time for lunch, I picked out baked tilapia, green beans, and a small portion of penne instead of a plate of burger and fries - which nearly always gets me started on a bad-decision day.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Crickets, crickets, crickets. Sorry I haven't been around much!

Dennis, you are incredible! Did I see that you're doing ANOTHER marathon?? What will that be, 3 altogether? Wowza. Inspirational :)

Crepes, your lunch sounds delicious!

Today I'm proud of myself for not drinking all of my calories yesterday. It was unexpectedly rough and I totally planned on it, but only ended up having 2 beers. I also bought a new tub of gelato that I definitely planned on devouring, but ended up going to sleep instead. I'll have it on a day where I'm not eating my feelings. This feels good.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for... Considering doing a 5k fun run. There is beer and burgers awaiting me for when it's over, so I think I might just do it.

I haven't been on the forums much lately - I was considering stopping all forum use due to nastiness, jadedness, and overall same-old, same-old answers (lift heavy, calorie deficit, and if I see that Damned sexy pants thread referenced one more time I'm gonna scream). They went and overhauled the forums, and that sort of clinched it for me. Now I only check in every once and a while, but I'm still using the app and logging every day. Hope everyone is doing great!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    WillLift, amazing! I can't imagine having gelato in the house and not eating it all in one sitting.
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Dennis, you are incredible! Did I see that you're doing ANOTHER marathon?? What will that be, 3 altogether?

If I run Marshall this weekend, it will be 3 in 3 weeks, and my 9th in 2014. When I say *IF* it does depend upon the weather, if its mostly yucky outside, I'll just run the 1/2 marathon.

Admire your will power, I'd eat the whole carton of gelato :)
  • BoubouChan
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for... Considering doing a 5k fun run. There is beer and burgers awaiting me for when it's over, so I think I might just do it.

I haven't been on the forums much lately - I was considering stopping all forum use due to nastiness, jadedness, and overall same-old, same-old answers (lift heavy, calorie deficit, and if I see that Damned sexy pants thread referenced one more time I'm gonna scream). They went and overhauled the forums, and that sort of clinched it for me. Now I only check in every once and a while, but I'm still using the app and logging every day. Hope everyone is doing great!

You should do the 5k if you feel like it! You won't regret it.

I hear you about the forums. I like this group, but otherwise I don't care for the General Diet forum or any of the other forums basically. It's like you said, it's same-old, same old. And unfortunately, I am not into weight lifting... hehe. I don't care if you love lifting heavy, but don't tell me I'm an imbecile if I don't. Live and let live.

So today I am proud that I did not binge yesterday. After three days of non-stop binging, it was about time to end that streak!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    3 marathons in 3 states in 3 consecutive weekends. Today was my fastest of the fall. Most important: I controlled my diet while eating out. No real chance to binge since I didnt have food with me. Although I did eat at Golden Corral, but limited myself to vegetables only! Praise God!
  • BoubouChan
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing, Dennis!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options

Beer and burgers after a 5k? You should DEFINITELY do this!! And I agree, the new forums are annoying. It's not as easy to navigate to the groups and that's where I spend most of my time. I read the main forums for eyerolls and kneeslappers though lol

BoubouChan wrote: »
    So today I am proud that I did not binge yesterday. After three days of non-stop binging, it was about time to end that streak!

Awesome win! It can be hard to finally stop that cycle, good for you!
    Dennis4766 wrote: »
    3 marathons in 3 states in 3 consecutive weekends. Today was my fastest of the fall. Most important: I controlled my diet while eating out. No real chance to binge since I didnt have food with me. Although I did eat at Golden Corral, but limited myself to vegetables only! Praise God!

Wow, :standing ovation: Seriously, you friggin' rock!!
    Today I'm proud of myself for forgiving the weekend and moving along to a better week. I went to a music and beer festival this weekend, which, while AMAZING, did not do anything good for my waistline. However, I'm glad I didn't fall into a binge cycle, just enjoyed myself, knowing I can get right back on track today.

Today my goals are: drink >8 glasses of water; hit at least 10k steps; and get into bed by 10 p.m.

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Well, I made the first two goals! Sadly, I didn't make my bedtime goal, I was ten minutes late, but not too shabby. And for that, I'm proud. Here's to another day of small goals :D
  • BoubouChan
    Options
    WillLift4Tats - It's so great that you were able to enjoy yourself this weekend and weren't triggered to binge. And you stuck to your goals yesterday. Way to go!

My goal today is to go for a short run at lunch. What with my recent binging and all, I haven't run at all since last Tuesday. So I'm gonna try and go for an easy 5k run.
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    100 days till my next marathon which is in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. In addition to running, I started hitting the weights tonight at the gym. Trying to strengthen my core.

So BoubouChan - Did you get in a run?

And WillLift4Tats - I'm glad you had an enjoyable weekend without binging!
  • BoubouChan
    Options
    Dennis - Yeah, I did! I ended up running 6k that day. I had to put in more effort than usual to get the same results, but it felt good to be back on my feet. I will run again today. Good for you, hitting the weights! I think I will do more weight training once Winter settles in and it becomes difficult to run outside.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    BoubouChan, great to hear of your 6k run! I agree, winter is coming and I can already feel my bones saying 'noooo, we don't want to run' lol But it can feel so good with the brisk wind against your face.

Dennis, I am wildly impressed with your marathon schedule, but I'm glad you're getting a good break in between now! Strength training is so fun to me too. Do you follow a specific program? I am about to terminate my gym membership and will only have my home-weights so I'm kinda looking for something new to try.

It's been cold and pouring down rain for the past two days and I have not been fitness-productive. Today I'm planning on doing a fitnessblender workout in the comfort of my dry, warm living room. I will also make sure I am proud of an under-goal diary today.