Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Replies

• gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Thanks so much Gayles, I will log everything (even the bad) Iwas good Wednesday till I went to Red Lobster, then ate everything that was on the table..LOL It was good, but it showed.. I will never say that will never happen again, but now I know to log it as well as the good, and this will show me what I can improve on...Also on the exercise, I was not aware that I could go ahead and eat those calories. Is it ok to eat some of them and leave some?

Thanks

Beth
  • drags59
    drags59 Posts: 85 Member
    Challenge Goal: 245

July 3 - 260.4
    July 10 - 259.2
  • gmabethof3
    Goal: 161.5 (15 lbs.)

July 3 - 176.5
    July 10 - 176.0
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    Great job Cheryl! Yes Beth, a lot of people exercise their "*kitten* off" so they can eat more. You can eat all the calories, none or some. What does everyone think about eating exercise calories?
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 161 Member
    Great job Cheryl! Yes Beth, a lot of people exercise their "*kitten* off" so they can eat more. You can eat all the calories, none or some. What does everyone think about eating exercise calories?

I try not to eat my exercise calories but glad I have them when I do go over my 1200 limit.It's good to have them when that happens.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Blackberry cobbler? I would make it with sweetener and try not to over indulge, just no cream or ice cream, and yes, they have whipped cream and ice cream in sugar free, lactose free varieties! But blackberry cobbler? It is a necessity.

Gayle, 45 lbs is great. Just stick with MFP. I was stuck at 30lbs lost, life got busy and tough and I went away. Gained half back. Stay with us girl!
  • gaylebodine
    edited July 2015
    Here is my weigh in for the week. Was wobbling there for a few days but feeling back on track today.
    Goal: 169
    7/03/15: 174.3
    7/11/15: 175.1
    Actually up .8 but, considering my birthday excesses, I'll take it. I could have had my carrot cake without damage, with better planning. But I had a very cavalier attitude that day (and a bit for two days after). Hard to rein in but did get the galloping horses curbed before we went over the cliff, so to speak. Anyway, back on track, feeling strong. Only shooting for a very doable 5 pounds during this challenge. If I do better than that that will be fantastic too!
  • gaylebodine
    Marney, I've discovered that whipped cream (in the spray can) has many of the charms of ice cream with many fewer calories. Sweet, creamy, cold. And I've also discovered that I like the Breyer's lactose free vanilla ice cream. Agrees with my digestion, tastes great, fewer calories.
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Goal, 1 pound a week.
    7/3/15: 192.2
    7/11/15:192.8
    Maybe could have lost a pound if i'd had time friday or sat morning to pee away the water weight.
    Every night When i complete my diary i always get same message, that if i keep doing what im doing i will weigh 185 in 5 weeks.
    I have kept doing what im doing for 5weeks, but am no where near 185!
    Is mfp trying to make me crazy?
    I have only been doing this for five weeks
    Too soon for the dreaded plateau!
    Gayle great job curbing those galloping horses!
  • drags59
    drags59 Posts: 85 Member
    i always get same message, that if i keep doing what im doing i will weigh 185 in 5 weeks

I get that too and especially like it when I just ate a boat load of ice cream...nothing like the lies a computer will tell!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Yeah, according to MFP, I will be a skinny minny in 5 weeks too. Whatever I am doing, I have gained since I started! So, weigh and measure, weigh and measure, and I mean food, not me. I think though my measures of me are smaller. Clothing feels better.
  • gaylebodine
    I don't even look at the "you will be...in 5 weeks" pronouncements anymore. mfp is much more optimistic than I am. Can't believe how one wildish day (my birthday) still has me so off kilter. Well, one day at a time.
  • gaylebodine
    Cheryl, they don't sell ice cream in boatloads in my neighborhood. Good thing. I know you are big on buying bulk though. ;)
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Sunday weight 191.6!
    That is a pound lost. Now i feel better
    Hmmm... When left to my own devices, my day is longer than 24 hrs.
    Maybe my week is more than 7 days .
  • gmabethof3
    I don't even look at the "you will be...in 5 weeks" pronouncements anymore. mfp is much more optimistic than I am. Can't believe how one wildish day (my birthday) still has me so off kilter. Well, one day at a time.

I never look at these pronouncements either. Like you said Gayle, MFP is a bit optimistic.

• gaylebodine
    Cclill wrote: »
    Sunday weight 191.6!
    That is a pound lost. Now i feel better
    Hmmm... When left to my own devices, my day is longer than 24 hrs.
    Maybe my week is more than 7 days .

LOL!
  • maryschwartzroby
    Marney, I've discovered that whipped cream (in the spray can) has many of the charms of ice cream with many fewer calories. Sweet, creamy, cold. And I've also discovered that I like the Breyer's lactose free vanilla ice cream. Agrees with my digestion, tastes great, fewer calories.

Try putting fat free cool whip between two chocolate graham crackers,place in freezer bag and freeze.Good when you want ice cream.you can make a bunch at one time .
  • gaylebodine
    I'll try it Mary! Have you tried the all natural vitatops (muffin tops). http://www.vitalicious.com/allnachvi1.html
  • maryschwartzroby
    I'll try it Mary! Have you tried the all natural vitatops (muffin tops). http://www.vitalicious.com/allnachvi1.html

I haven't tried them.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    Hi, everyone! Marney, so glad you are back! We have missed you! As you can see, we've added some new people to give us more motivation and have added a recipe, quotes, and articles/links threads.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I went camping (only got a connection when hiking to a mountain top) and got back late last week, but has been a crazy week since. I am working short-staffed. Oh, I wrecked a County vehicle...oops! Where did that pole come from? Have had plans most evenings and internet wi-fi problems. Verizon has been terrible...in and out. And finally the rain. My goodness the rain. I know that Beth has it, too. I am so sick of rain I could scream. Had a taste of summer on Saturday and then rain since. Really was storming badly a little bit ago. I haven't looked out since.

I am doing great with my leaving a bite goal! I am up to 6 days a week now. I don't do the "take half home" thing because I hate leftovers in most cases. Even when I cooked, about the only things I liked left over were soups or things made in a kettle. You know, the stuff that actually improves as it melds.

Haven't lost, but haven't gained. Up and down. Still those same five pounds!

Mary, I really like that graham cracker idea. I'm going to copy it and put it on the recipe page.