Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Replies

• Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    I've Seen no posts here since 7/14.
    Wondering if ive fallen off the list
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    Hi Lill, well, tomorrow is weigh in day so you should see some activity tomorrow. Charlie's been camping, everyone else just busy I think. We would never leave you off the list! It's been just about a week since I had three food celebration days and hope that I'm back on track with my weight tomorrow! How have you been doing with everything? How are your classes going? My one class has finals on next Wednesday but then off, in terms of college teaching, until the 12th. Other irons in the fire though.
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Goal: 161.5 (15 lbs.)

July 3 - 176.5
    July 10 - 176.0 = .5
    July 17 - 174.6 = 1.9

• gmabethof3
    Marney, I've discovered that whipped cream (in the spray can) has many of the charms of ice cream with many fewer calories. Sweet, creamy, cold. And I've also discovered that I like the Breyer's lactose free vanilla ice cream. Agrees with my digestion, tastes great, fewer calories.

Try putting fat free cool whip between two chocolate graham crackers,place in freezer bag and freeze.Good when you want ice cream.you can make a bunch at one time .

Mary,

this sounds good, going to try it.

• maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 161 Member

Challenge Goal: 157.6
    April 3rd-157.5
    April 10th-164.5
    April 17th-161.5
    April 24th-166
    May 2nd-164.0
    May 8th-164.0
    May 15th-165.0
    May22-165.5
    May 29th-164.0
    June 18th-170
    July3rd-171.0
    July10th-168.5
    July 17th-170.0
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    Wow, look at Beth go!!!! Great job!

I am doing fine with my leaving a bite goal and ready to add one more day to the mix.

I am on one of my plateaus though. Can't seem to budge again. I am the Queen of plateaus. I will stay, gain, lose back to low, and then hold some more, but it can take weeks before the scale drops to a new low. I should be used to it after all this time, but...it will come off in a whoosh...someday! :)

Hope everyone else has had a good week. I'm fighting a summer cold right now, but not bad enough to knock me down.
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    I'm still here! I weigh every morning as usual and am below my 130-132 target - 129.6 today. My friend and her two daughters (6 yo and 16 yo) arrived from CA on Wednesday. I haven't seen her in 17 years! I was so happy to be in the shape I am in now. Two years ago on a trip back home to India she picked up some clothes for me and brought them along. They all fit beautifully! But two years ago I couldn't have gotten into them.

Her daughters wanted to join me in cooking. That's been fun, including making marshmallows.

I've maintained my weight now for 2 months - keeping below my red flag of 132 lbs. I know what a serving size is and don't have seconds. Activity of some sort everyday.

I'm going to post the Ginger Syrup recipe in Recipes. I'm not a soda drinker but had the syrup in club soda at a restaurant and came home to search it out. It's adjustable and much better than any ginger ale.
  • gaylebodine
    Love ginger ale! Guys it's an early morning getting my son to work, will weigh in tomorrow. More later, back to bed.
  • gmabethof3
    Thanks Grandmothercharlie, but I did make a mistake in my totals total loss should be 1.4 not 1.9...My bad...LOL

Goal: 161.5 (15 lbs.)

July 3 - 176.5
    July 10 - 176.0 = .5
    July 17 - 174.6 = 1.4 (revised)
  • gaylebodine
    Beth, that's fantastic!
  • drags59
    drags59 Posts: 85 Member
    Challenge Goal: 245

July 3 - 260.4
    July 10 - 259.2
    July 17 - 258.4
  • gaylebodine
    edited July 2015
    Goal: 169
    7/03/15: 174.3
    7/11/15: 175.1
    7/18/15: 174.4
    Headed the right direction...Lill just directed me to an article about increasing metabolism through strength training. I posted the link in our links thread. Need to start going to the senior fitness classes at the local rec center. I know my weight is going to continue to languish if I don't.
  • gaylebodine
    Great efforts everyone! Here's to a healthy and fabulous new week!
  • gmabethof3
    Beth, that's fantastic!

Thanks Gayle
  • gmabethof3
    Gayle, You did an great job too, everyone has done a great job this week. Keep it going... :smiley:
  • Cclill
    Sorry busy
    Quick Weigh in report
    7/17/15: 191
    one pound lost this week - my goal.
    Have lost one pound a week since i got my scale
    4 lbs total
    Almost half of ten :-)

• gaylebodine
    Lill, you are doing well!
  • Cclill
    We will get muscles together Gayle!
  • gaylebodine
    I think I'm actually getting more muscles in my head ;) Did you know that today was National Ice Cream Day and Cold Stone had a two for one deal going today? Don't worry, I had the skinny vanilla.
  • gmabethof3
    I must confess, I celebrated National Ice Cream day at Dairy Queen......the surprising thing is that I was able to stay within my calorie count for the day...