Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Made me stop and think. I just spent the last hour pulling weeds from gravel! Oh what we do because we did it before. I am going to get the kneeing pad now.
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    edited July 2015
    You are right Charlie, my big goal was intimidating, so I think will make a change.

I am going to start doing more exercise and I think I will adjust my goal to lose 1 lb. per week.

Everyone looks to have had a great week. Keep losing!

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    I am posting an article to the links that you all should read. This makes sense now! No wonder I plateau!
  • grandmothercharlie
    edited July 2015
    Two weeks before I came to MFP, I had lost 8 pounds 230. My high was 238. I've used the 230 mark from my start date, but I have now changed it to show the high. Maybe, if I'm closer to the magic 100 lb. mark, I will be more motivated! Of course, reading that article I just posted, I need lots and lots of patience!

56604121.png

• Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Marney, i outsmart the computer by adding "quick calories". In other words, i lie.

Another trick -- this one for night owls.
    I never can complete my diary before midnight,
    but the back arrow at the top lets me go back to "yesterday" and complete my diary there.
    I just have to make sure i start my diary before midnight.
  • dasher602014
    Thanks! I figured that was the answer. I have just started Atkins and I cannot eat any more than I have today and I am still under. It let me post though. So I guess there is a secret level that you cannot go below. But I will use your work around when I have to!
  • dasher602014
    Two weeks before I came to MFP, I had lost 8 pounds 230. My high was 238. I've used the 230 mark from my start date, but I have now changed it to show the high. Maybe, if I'm closer to the magic 100 lb. mark, I will be more motivated! Of course, reading that article I just posted, I need lots and lots of patience!

56604121.png

This is a great read, helps so much.
  • gmabethof3

56604121.png

This is wonderful Charlie, I know that you will hit that 100 lb. mark in no time!
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    Charlie, that is soooo impressive! My high was close to yours: 218 although I had lost a bit before I started on mfp. I've only lost half of what you have but you are a couple hundred days ahead of me so think we are close to being neck in neck. I have 20 more pounds to go. OK, going to the doctor's this week. I suspect I have health issues similar to the ones you've identified. You make me feel optimistic.
  • dasher602014
    Good luck at the doctor's Gayle. I'll be thinking of you.
  • gaylebodine
    Thanks Marney!
  • gmabethof3
    Gayle, Hope everything is ok with the Dr.
  • gaylebodine
    Going Tuesday now. Thanks for your good wishes! Wouldn't it be great if this was all my overactive imagination?
  • grandmothercharlie
    Back to the grind. Didn't do too much this weekend. Had to "volunteer" at the County fair to sit at the Commissioners' booth on Saturday night. Hot, dusty and only 3 people stopped in 3 hours! Oh well, I know who signs my paychecks so that was okay, but would have preferred to have had more fun on a Saturday night! But, I need to get in shape for the entire weekend of the Irish festival coming up!

Then next Monday, I told my oldest granddaughter, starting kindergarten this year, that she and I would go to lunch, then shopping for a new school outfit, and something fun, too. Movie? Conservatory? Mani-Pedi? She has had several summer day camps and will be at morning Kindergarten, so my time and the future will be more one-on-one with the youngest now. Will need to plan times for just Kayla and me.

Is going to be very hot and humid today! I think my lunchtime walk will have to be indoors or maybe a solo dance party in my office today. Need to do the dumbbells, too. Tai Chi tonight. I packed clothes for a workout after, but I'm not always in the mood for that.

@gaylebodine Hope the doctor can help.
  • gaylebodine
    Well, good news! It is not heart failure or lung disease. They saw no evidence for me to worry about having a heart attack or stroke. They did not find that I have high blood pressure (I did before I lost weight). Still have pain in my chest but is probably Chronic Congestive Pulmonary Disease from the years of smoking. Something a GP will have to address. Since there is no "emergency" I will wait until October, when Obama Care is offered again and get myself going with that. Then next July I will have Medicare (senior care). So good news. Still do not know why I am so tired and the other stuff but will not worry as much as I have been. Thanks for your support guys!
  • dasher602014
    Great news Gayle! COPD is no fun and can be serious but there are meds for that. But losing the worry about stroke and heart disease will lift a great burden. Congrats for the courage to go. Tired? Too much worry, too little sleep? And if you are lacking oxygen, that will make you tired. Also, you might want to look at your food log reports for nutrition. For me, when I get low in Vitamin B particularly, I am tired. I always have to bump up the green veggies to feel better. Keep walking, it helps COPD.

My thoughts are with you. Get some good sleep and stop worrying.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Great news Gayle! COPD is no fun and can be serious but there are meds for that. But losing the worry about stroke and heart disease will lift a great burden. Congrats for the courage to go. Tired? Too much worry, too little sleep? And if you are lacking oxygen, that will make you tired. Also, you might want to look at your food log reports for nutrition. For me, when I get low in Vitamin B particularly, I am tired. I always have to bump up the green veggies to feel better. Keep walking, it helps COPD.

My thoughts are with you. Get some good sleep and stop worrying.

Ditto everything Marney said!

• grandmothercharlie
    As you know, I decided to devote this year to managing stress and have been meditating, stretching and doing tai chi along with other stress relieving exercises. For much of my life, I was constantly reminding myself to "drop my shoulders and relax." Just realized my efforts must be working. Something reminded me of it and I noticed that my shoulders were dropped and relaxed and that I can't remember the last time I had to remind myself to do it! I still have to work on breathing and not holding my breath. But that will come, too!
    animated-feeling-smiley-image-0035.gif
  • gaylebodine
    Thanks Guys! Actually, the hospital visit turns out to be a godsend, not only for helping me to stop worrying about what isn't wrong with me but just talked to the hospital and their medicaid professional is going to get my son and I on Medicaid. Means I can go to see doctors sooner and take advantage of help for COPD and whatever through the Centura Health System. They seem to have a lot going for seniors as well.
  • gaylebodine
    As you know, I decided to devote this year to managing stress and have been meditating, stretching and doing tai chi along with other stress relieving exercises. For much of my life, I was constantly reminding myself to "drop my shoulders and relax." Just realized my efforts must be working. Something reminded me of it and I noticed that my shoulders were dropped and relaxed and that I can't remember the last time I had to remind myself to do it! I still have to work on breathing and not holding my breath. But that will come, too!
    animated-feeling-smiley-image-0035.gif

Yes, stress reduction is crucial. Your commitment to your health in word as well as deeds is really inspiring!