Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Options

Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,682 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The part that feels like she's starving and starts obsessing about forbidden foods; the fat girl who feels ashamed of being fat; the sneak eater/glutton.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to eat it all so it doesn't call your name! Always make me feel like I have only given in once and that is better than a little bit over time because then I have given in again and again. Yeah, right.

As Gayle says, no forbidden foods.

Good to have you back, lil.

• gaylebodine
    Options
    Oh man, turns out that the job in the mountains is more pie in the sky.
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Nov2-186.5
    Nov6-182.5
    Nov13-181.5
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Gayle ,is there not homeless shelters in your area to help him? There are 3 in Owensboro.They work with them on getting their life back on track.If we see someone standing on the corner asking for food we call St.Benedicts shelter and they come and get them.They get fed,given shelter and get rehabilitated in finding a job.Some don't want help so they're back on the streets.
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    New Challenge starting November 6

November 6 - 175.0
    November 13 - 176.4 = No excuse for my gain, didn't listen to my goals....I need to get back into the swing of things.

Going on a girls weekend, I will be try and be good and eat a lot cleaner.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Gayle ,is there not homeless shelters in your area to help him? There are 3 in Owensboro.They work with them on getting their life back on track.If we see someone standing on the corner asking for food we call St.Benedicts shelter and they come and get them.They get fed,given shelter and get rehabilitated in finding a job.Some don't want help so they're back on the streets.

He talked to all of them and there is a waiting list in Denver plus he is not one of the chronically homeless--which is who they serve. They told him "This program is not for you". He had a "big" job, a car and apartment. Then he got caught in a DUI checkpoint in California and an old warrant related to his divorce of a couple of years ago pulled him from California to Colorado. He has an advanced degree and is in a strange position. Colorado is keeping him in the state until he completes a once weekly year long group. The moment he gets a job he is out of here. Just such a terrible time of year (weather) to dump him out. He is a drunk and a liar (I'm being redundant) but not dangerous. I know I sound like a fool but hopefully will end this fool's errand soon.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    11/07/15:171.1
    11/13/15:170.2
    So the right direction! I've been feeling poorly again and doing "emergency" eating when my blood sugar drops or feeling shaky. Will try to get tested soon for insulin/blood sugar stuff. I have always been hypoglycemic but think things have shifted. That would explain my fatigue, dry eyes, itchy skin and like that. Sometimes I feel like such a case but welcome to getting older, right?
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Nov 7: 163
    Nov 13: 165

Too much salt the last two days and being a case too. Wrong direction. Need to pay attention better. No more Atkins cookies! Chocolate, coconut, and peanut butter, yum. No sugar does not mean no calories! And the quality of calories seem to matter to my body.

Gayle, our pharmacies in Canada are doing A1C testing for people. Do yours?

Your homeless 'friend' tale sounds like truly hard times for him. Sometimes, people drink because of bad circumstances rather than getting into bad circumstances because they drink, if you know what I mean. Sounds as if he is doing both. I hope between the two of you, he can move along with his life shortly. Wonder if a judge would move his one year long group to California on compassionate grounds? I am sure you have thought of this sort of solution. Just thinking out loud here.

Well done on your loss this week Gayle. And Mary, fantablulous work, so impressive! Beth, have a good time, you deserve it after these past few weeks.

I am looking forward to a good week this next week! (My mantra "It is going to be a good day.")
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It is a sad day for the most beautiful city in the world. I am a devout francophile. The only place other than my current home that I get homesick for is Paris. Although I have never lived there it captured my heart years ago and draws me back when I can.

Otherwise, it has been a stagnant week for me and MFP. Busy at work. Tired at home. Need to get out of this funk and back to good eating and lots of exercise. Only thing I'm doing really well at is the "Sleep Challenge" at work. This girl who hates to sleep is rockin' the challenge. Easy when you feel so tired.

Pam: I finished She was Pretty on Viki. Yes, I use it sometimes, too. I started Marry Me or Not (Taiwanese), but it is real time and only two episodes into it. I think I'll watch that movie Castaway on the Moon tonight, but I need a series. Did you start Let's Eat 2?
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My homeless guy tells me he has been offered and job in the mountains and may more there. He hasn't answered my texts of "When?". Fingers crossed, lesson learned.
    I think you were so kind to help him! Your kindness reminded me of how selfish i am -- paul wanted to host a foreign exchange student and i wouldnt even do that!
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Gayle -- love your fat girl collage!
    Weekly weigh report:
    Goal this challenge -- keep avoiding the plateau depression.
    This group really helps me with that!
    You are inspiring reminders of how hard this is, yet we can overcome.
    So i still have hope, despite being plateaued again!
    Since "claiming 184" is confusing, i will stop using that term.
    Progress chart low from 10/13/15 = 184
    11/7/15, 186
    Retreat sugar binge
    11/13/15, 185.6 -- dang water weight!
    but at least my sugar binge didnt show up cuz i went right back on the program.
    Thanks to you guys and mfp!
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Today marks 6 months maintenance for me. This morning 130.4.

Charlie: I've heard good things about Castaway on the Moon and plan to watch it tomorrow. For treading I ended up starting Jeju Island: Warm & Cozy. I'm already to episode 10. Let's Eat 2 will be my next treading drama. She was Pretty was fun and had an extra syrup-y sweet ending. Can't complain. It balances out those endings that make you go WTF! Noooooooo.. (I won't mention any specifics in case you haven't seen 'em).
    BUT I really think you should give Queen In-Hyun's Man a try. I've mentioned it before and I know you don't favor saguks but it has a quality that will make you smile. Just try the first episode.

Lill: "paul wanted to host a foreign exchange student and i wouldnt even do that!" made me smile remembering that was my DH reaction when I suggested we be a host family for an University of Delaware ELI student. She asked if I knew anyone since her host family was not working out. Rie (Japanese) stayed with us for 4 months and it was a wonderful time. She's been back twice to visit. We had a great time cooking and talking every night and helping her with her homework. Ah.. if only there had been sparks with my youngest son... she'd be a great dau-in-law ;)

• gaylebodine
    Options
    Marney, thanks for getting me to check on who offers the AC1 test. Not pharms but companies that specialize in medical tests for citizens. Looks like I don't need a doctor's order but will have to find out for sure. Looks like just under 100.00 but quite comprehensive and a 2 -3 day turn around. Will do that soon. The HG--yes drinking for those two reasons and Colorado is willing to transfer him back to California after he has completed court mandated classes, or several months of them. They are sympathetic but not willing to help him with housing, etc. Guess it just comes down to reaching the end of my good Samaritan energy and needing my home back. Now, a foreign exchange student would be interesting, and time limited, which is important, I'm thinking.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    I went to my doctor's office for my CRT-D device check. I found out that it will have to be replaced anywhere from 4 to 7 months from now. I wonder if I will just go...slower....slower..slo..w...e....r! :)

I seem to have gotten myself back on track both food and exercise wise. Not doing the 16:8 right now. I still like it, but being so busy at work, a chance to eat at noon-1 o'clock isn't always feasible. Heck, 3 o'clock isn't always feasible. But, I can always get breakfast in. Also, the mornings that have been cold make me hungrier in the morning. That serving of oatmeal warms me up and sticks to my ribs until I can eat again.

You are all better people than I right now. I have a few "pay forward" things I do, but certainly don't take people in or give hours and hours of time. As I said, been there, done that. My turn!

Pam: I did start Queen in-Hyun's Man a try. But started it too late I think and just couldn't stay awake enough to make it through the first episode. I have started Bubblegum. That has sort of captured my attention. I don't mind having two to watch though, depending on my mood.

I am emphasizing the Sleep Challenge at work. I have been trying since the beginning of the year (along with stress reduction) to get more sleep. This challenge seems to have done the trick -- also because I am so busy, I'm more tired. Prize for teams that meet the challenge is a chair massage and the opportunity to win a fitbit. I love mine, but I will give as a gift.

Hope you are all having a good day! We are having some warm weather this week, but today, lots of wind.
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    November 6 - 175.0=
    November 13 - 176.4 = +1.4 = No excuse for my gain......
    November 20 - 175.8 = +0.8 = YEA.. a loss. I am getting back on track

Charlie, sorry to hear that you have to have your CRT-D Device, hope everything goes ok.

Everyone have a great week-end and a great week, try to eat clean and still have a great Thanksgiving. :)
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Charlie, that is a humorous image with you gradually winding down. Now to find something to wind me up (I know, exercise is key).
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Guys I am really struggling but have not given up. I'm going to exercise the Saturday option and report my weigh in tomorrow.
  • grandmothercharlie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Well, I'm 3 pounds over my low of 141.5. I just can't get back to it; let alone below it. And I've been really good this week, except for last night, I went to 1358 calories. Went to have a glass of wine (which I allowed for in my 1200 calories planning), but the proprietor was testing a mulled wine recipe for the holidays and asked me to be her guinea pig. Poor me... ;) It was delicious, but caloric!

Anyway, I had a 6,400 calories deficit last week. No loss though, in fact I think that was a gain! Oh, back to the early days when that would have easily been 1 1/2 to 2 pound loss.

Nice loss, Beth! Gayle, I see that you've been walking. You'll get there. You, and I, just have to get out of this funk we are in. :/

Thanks for the concern, Beth. I don't have to have the device replaced yet, but probably within 6 months. The procedure will not take as long as the first time because the leads to my heart are already in place. They will just open up the "pocket" and disconnect leads. They will remove the old device and then reconnect to a new device. I never have had any problems with anesthesia, infection, or such with any surgery in the past. They keep you only lightly anesthesized, but then will put me in deeply when they put me in cardiac arrest. They have to do this to test the defibrillator part of the device. So technically, I've been dead before, but, you know what? Nothing. No white light. No old friends or family. No choir of angels. o:) But, most importantly, no fire! >:)