2 week challenge

Replies

• ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    I'm doing well so far! I've done 2 spin classes and 1 body pump class plus ran 7 miles on Friday. I have stayed OFF the scale (was so tempted top hop on it this morning but I didn't...yay). I've kept my calories up and tried to eat pretty clean. I'm feeling stuffed by the end of the day, though. Yesterday was my best - I got the closest yet to hitting my 40/30/30.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,099 Member
    Wow, that is AWESOME!!!

I'm soooooooooooooo far behind on my carbs, it isn't even funny. But, I don't eat very much fruit....and there's only so many veggies I can tolerate before I'd rather, well, just not eat.
  • Beeps2011
    The GREAT thing about these "2-week-challenges" is that I'm finding that, by the end of 2 weeks, I just incorporate them for life. So, that's AWESOME!

My next 2-week challenge is about GREEN TEA. I'm going to eliminate my caff-free diet coke (as an afternoon treat) and just drink plain green tea - no sweetener. If that goes well, then I'm aiming to cut out my morning (decaf) coffee and replace it with green tea 2 weeks from now.

That would mean, in 4 weeks, I'll have eliminated sweeteners from my dietary intake. Sweet!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    got my legs workout in, got the laundry done, so I should have suitable workout attire for the week. Sticking with the Eason plan, 2 nights of drinking, and limiting carbs.
    ebaymommy, my macros are set at 40/30/30 too and it is hard to hit those macros, wish I could be better.
    After this week, it will be two weeks til the photo shoot, so I might have to do some new challenge to debloat, let me know if anyone has any advice. Thinking about a "making the cut" type of protocol.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    ebaymommy, fantastic! you are certainly off and running!

Beeps, wow, that is great if you can cut out the sweeteners. There is no way in heck I could ever give up my morning coffee withe stevia...ever!! lol!!

Amy, great planning!! which part of your macros are hard to hit?? If you want to debloat/cut, I suggest the detox tea. I also have a a nutrition plan my trainer gave me the week before I went to Mexico AND I have the plan I used before I went to convention this past summer. Let me know if you're interested.

Got in my second total body workout from my trainer today. I really pushed myself and got a great burn. I also upped the weights and added another set. Eating is going well and I even brought my own food to my in laws dinner tonight and skipped ice cream cake. It's been 8 days since I've had any alcohol! The best thing is that my husband is doing this with me too. No alcohol for him and he skipped the cake too!

Ok ladies, here's to another week and taking steps forward in this lifestyle!!!
  • amysj303
    Yes, Jen, I would appreciate your nutrition plan! and the recipe for the detox tea, I can't find it.
    All my macros are hard-staying under on carbs and fat while getting enough protein. I am getting better, I just have a hard time choosing the right things because I want carbs like pizza and beer.
    Good for you making good choices Jen! I bet it is hard to refuse the in laws and the cake. Good of your husband to do this with you too. My poor husband got sick last night- mostly sinuses. Hope I don't catch it!
  • jenomaha
    Amy, here is the detox tea recipe: I use 4 bags of tea (usually 2 bags of Everyday Detox (by Traditional Medicinals), Dandelion Root Tea (Traditional Medicinals) or Yogi Detox Tea, 1 bag of either Get Regular Tea (Yogi) or SMooth Move (Traditional Medicinals) BUT let me emphasize ONE BAG ONLY!! and lastly 1 bag of Green Tea. I boil 1.7 liters of water (what my electric tea kettle holds) and steep the bags. Then I add 1 cup Diet Cranberry juice (Ocean Spray only 5 calories, 2 g carbs) and the juice of one lemon. I drink it throughout the day and I count it as my water. It helps me flush sodium/water weight and any toxins. I make it about every other day. I LOVE the stuff! Here is the link to where I got it from. http://www.ehow.com/how_4663459_jillian-michaels-detox-water.html It really does work. I drank it everyday last week, along with tracking, and I went from 118.8 Sunday, to 112.0 Friday. Ridiculous, huh!?

This is a modification of the Velocity Diet. I did it before Mexico. Meal 4, I always had the cottage cheese and almonds.

Meal 1 Protein shake w/ flax seed and 1 c berries
    Meal 2 Protein shake w/ flax seed
    Meal 3 1 serv lean meat, 1-2 servings of veggies, fish oil
    Meal 4 Protein shake or cottage cheese, fish oil, almonds
    Meal 5 1 serv lean meat, 1-2 servings of veggies

As for my nutrition before Mexico, I looked back at my diary and it didn't make sense to me, lol!! The things that stick out to me are: eggs, egg whites, spinach/greens, chicken, fish, turkey, broccoli slaw, bell peppers, fish oil, almond milk, cottage cheese and almonds. Also, my carbs hung around 100 g. My calorie burns from exercise ranged between 400-1000 or so depending on the day. Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about the hubby. Hope you don't get it either!!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Jen - that tea recipe sounds great! I'm going to have to remember that for the week before my friend's wedding! Where do you buy those teas??

Amy - I agree with you with craving the carbs.. it's really hard! Hopefully the plan will work!

Beeps - that's so great that you can incorporate all of the challenges you complete into everyday life! That's a real achievement!

I feel so much better than last week! I'm not nearly as bloated thankfully. I've been doing better with my water intake, but I did have a bit too much alcohol on Saturday night.. we went out to a party... I really need to work on that will power thing!! I haven't weighed myself on the scale I get my "weigh-in" number from since before Christmas, so I'm very anxious to know what the new number is! I don't know when I'll get to see that number either.. it all depends on when my boyfriend goes back down to his house for school! This week I am going to try and not have snacks after dinner.. I don't usually need them, so this is going to work with my will power for ignoring the "want" for food and just focusing on the "need" Hopefully it'll work out!

I'm a bit nervous for tonight, I'm going to try on my bridesmaids dress for the wedding I'm a part of in March... I hope it fits okay! It does have a corset back, so I know it will generally "fit" but I hope it doesn't look too tight.... Wish me luck!

Happy Monday everyone
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Happy Monday Everyone!! Looks like everyone is really on track and set for the week which is awesome! Great Detox Tea recipe! I will have to try that myself!

Amy that is so awesome that you are doing a photoshoot! It will go great!! I think its super gutsy! I wish I was that confident :happy:

As for me, I am still sticking to the new "Eat Clean" Nutrition Plan... so far its going well - I am finding it hard because it's a LOT of food to eat in one day - but I am told once my metabolism is kick-started I will start to feel hungry more often and actually want to eat that much!

I spent last week doing a lot of food preparing, and not so much working out - I am hoping once I come up with a system I will be able to find more time to do other stuff, rather than cooking all the time :laugh: I will give it one more week to get things sorted, then my next 2 week challenge will be to incorporate more working out more consistently :happy:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Morning all. I think Beeps and I can relate on our 2 week challenge this week as I am trying to cut out Diet soda and replace it with green tea as well. Suffering from a pretty good headache do to the lack of caffeine I suppose. Never been much of a coffee person and cut out cappucino that I used to consume in the cold months a few months ago, but the diet soda has been clinging and it's time for it to go!! I am using the no pop, incorporate tea as my 1 goal and adding the Inferno Eating Plan from Turbo fire in for the next 5 days. I agree with what Beeps said about getting in two solid weeks of one or two goals at a time and then once those have set I feel like I can add in something more to concentrate on. I'd love to try Jen's tea too. I just picked up some Blueberry green tea yesterday so maybe when I'm out of that I can experiment more!!

AScheif- Great job with prepping for the Eat Clean. It's amazing how eating better can allow you to eat more and yet you don't necessarily need to!! Great goal of adding on too!

shander- Glad you are feeling better and hope that fitting goes well! I'm sure you will look amazing! Your new pic is beautiful! You two look so happy!

Jen- I appreciate so much when you share recipes and tid bits. They help so much. I try to save them because our board tends to move quickly I don't want to lose anything! I have a Q though. The Velocity diet that you did before Mexico. I was looking at it and wondered, I had decided to start the Inferno Plan from Turbo Fire to try to jump start back into eating on track. How long did you do this plan? My eats haven't been terrible. But sometimes it just helps to feel like you can 'reset' with something like this plan and get yourself settled back into what you are working towards you know?

Amy- Great job with the workouts. And your goals. You've got plenty of time to get ready for that photo shoot. It'll all work out fabulous!

So that's my plan for this week. Inferno Plan is pretty low calorie - right around 1200 and tonight is my Dad's birthday with cake involved but I'm hoping after reading Jen skipped cake that I can remember that I don't have to give in (even to family!!) After the 5 days I've set my calorie goal for 1500 (10cals * current body weight) in hopes to stop worrying about logging exercise calories and just concentrate on completing Turbo Fire and eating well throughout it. I turn 30 in June and would really like to be in the best shape I've been in in years. The scale is definitely lower than when I started having kids but I know I can push it so that I'm fitter than I've ever been! And thanks for all the support this board offers!
  • jenomaha
    Hey ladies...it's getting late, so I can't comment on how great you are all doing and how challenging and inspiring the new challenges are!! But I just wanted to answer a couple of questions

Shannen (crud, I forgot if it was -en or -on)- I buy the teas at Target, Walmart or Hyvee. They are on sale at Target right now though!!!

Mama - It is my pleasure to share :flowerforyou: I only did that nutrition plan for 1 week. They recommend not doing it for more than 2. At the time it was really difficult for me because I had never cut so many carbs before, but since cycling carbs and changing the source of my carbs to fruits. veggies and whole grains, I think it will be easier this time around when I do it. The only thing I suggest is when the week is over, slowly reintroduce the carbs rather than all at once...I did it all at once and bloated right up. I'll be smarter this time. This time too, I may start the day with a piece of whole grain bread or steel cut oats just so it's not as extreme...I'm sure I'll want some tortilla chips in Mexico ;)
  • amysj303
    I will have to go to Target! Also, Jen, when you do the flax, do you buy whole seeds? do you blend them? or do you use the flaxseed oil? DH used to buy the seeds for smoothies but we would keep them in the fridge and then blend them to a powder. He said it didn't keep long in that form.
    My girlfriend just invited me to Vail for Jan 21 and I kinda don't want to go because I will drink too much and eat poorly but friendships shouldn't be something to avoid just because I am trying to be healthy, right? I just need to practice moderation while enjoying time with friends.
    Beeps, I know what you mean about making the challenge a part of your life/routine. I think sometimes that makes it hard for me to see how much better I am doing, because I get so hard on myself. It wasn't so long ago I was drinking every night, and eating lean cuisine for lunch. I didn't even care what I ate, just tried to stay under cals. So it has evolved so much. Also, I think I will do NROLFW after the Eason plan. I want something that is only 3-4 days of workouts, this 6 days a week is tough on me, but even that I have managed to do for 6 weeks!
  • Beeps2011
    asjerven, you HAVE come a LONG, LONG WAY if you've managed to curb drinking (nightly) and frozen entrees!! My gosh, THOSE are VERY hard things to CONQUER!! Good for you!!

Also, all though I don't know much about the Eason plan, I totally *get* why 6-days-a-week becomes a drain. I think, even for me who has been addicted to (steady-state) cardio for more than 2 decades, it feels NICE that I'm only SUPPOSED to work-out 3 x per week. The fact I'm adding in HIIT on days in-between is my choice, but it doesn't HAVE to be like that.

I am enjoying NROL4W, but I can also see that the program has some limits - boredom being one of 'em.
  • Beeps2011
    So far, my green tea challenge has been going well. And, frankly, there are 2 things I attribute to its success:

1. I forgot to bring my case of caff-free diet coke into the office, so, unless I have green tea in the afternoon, I have no beverage other than water, to choose.
    2. The temperature has dropped 20 degrees, and the urge for a hot drink in the afternoon, for me, has sky-rocketed!!

Notice: NONE of these reasons has ANYTHING to do with me being great at this challenge, or me having 'willpower", or whatever. NONE. The circumstances have conspired to MAKE me a green tea drinker (in the afternoon!)

lol
  • amysj303
    So, Beeps, if your Coke was caffeine-free, is your Green tea also?
    I have been drinking green tea for years. I never liked diet soda and didn't drink much regular soda because I am too cheap to buy it, even in restaurants.
  • Beeps2011
    Sometimes the green tea *is* caff-free. The brand that I have right now, is 50% caff-free....which kind of ticks me off! I've been caff-free for 4 years (nearly 5). But, I do eat chocolate from time-to-time. The only reason I have this brand of tea, right now, is that I stole it out of a cupboard from home! (I guess some company at some time or other must have given it to us.)

So, once I've finished these 14 tea bags, or whatever, I'll search out a caff-free green tea to carry on with.

When you are on the Low GI diet, one of the first things you have to give-up is caffeine! And, I did (yes, I had headaches!). Now, the advice for weight-trainers is the opposite - they WANT you to have caff in your diet.

The truth is that caffeine is an appetite-stimulant....so, if you are trying to reduce the "hunger", or whatever, then I think giving up caffeine is a good idea!
  • amysj303
    Caffeine is an appetite suppresent for me, but I avoid caffeine for the most part because it makes me anxious-also, I want it to work when I really need it.
  • jenomaha
    Hi ladies. Totally stressful day...my hubby thinks my nervous system is crashing because I haven't had a rest day since last Wednesday...luckily tomorrow is a rest day. So I am crabby and emotional. :sad: I'll get over it.

Amy, I buy the ground flax seed and I put it in my shake and mix it with the bullet...love that darn thing!!
  • amysj303
    Take care of yourself, Jen. You need rest too!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Jen- Definitely agree with Amy. Take some time for yourself! I know it's hard, but we've got to be 100% in order to give 100% to everything we do!