2 week challenge

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,099 Member
    jeno - yay for rest day!

mama - you change your profile pic more than any other person I know, lol....CUTE people in that frame!!

Well, I have another visit with my personal trainer, today. I'm actually a little stiff and sore from the stairclimber I used, yesterday! So, I actually *like* that! But, my son came and slept in our bed after a "nightmare" last night, so I'm operating on about 3 1/2 FEWER hours of sleep than normal. And I can feel that - I'm tired!

But, I'm not wasting a PT day - I'd better be LIFTING HEAVY today!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Amy, here is the detox tea recipe: I use 4 bags of tea (usually 2 bags of Everyday Detox (by Traditional Medicinals), Dandelion Root Tea (Traditional Medicinals) or Yogi Detox Tea, 1 bag of either Get Regular Tea (Yogi) or SMooth Move (Traditional Medicinals) BUT let me emphasize ONE BAG ONLY!! and lastly 1 bag of Green Tea. I boil 1.7 liters of water (what my electric tea kettle holds) and steep the bags. Then I add 1 cup Diet Cranberry juice (Ocean Spray only 5 calories, 2 g carbs) and the juice of one lemon. I drink it throughout the day and I count it as my water. It helps me flush sodium/water weight and any toxins. I make it about every other day. I LOVE the stuff! Here is the link to where I got it from. http://www.ehow.com/how_4663459_jillian-michaels-detox-water.html It really does work. I drank it everyday last week, along with tracking, and I went from 118.8 Sunday, to 112.0 Friday. Ridiculous, huh!?

I'm going to try that tea recipe!

My week is going well - got my 2 spin and 2 body pump classes in. The weather was gorgeous yesterday so I went out for a spur-of-the-moment 8 mile run and it was so nice to soak up the sunshine.

I did weigh this morning (I stayed off the scale for 5 days....a good thing for me) and was down almost another pound. Very happy. And my calories are staying up.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Jen - I'm glad you got the rest day! It sounds like you needed it! I also meant to ask, is that tea to be drank warm or cold??

Beeps - Good for you for going to your PT day even though you didn't get as much sleep! I hope there were no more nightmares for your son!

Ebaymommy - Sounds like you're doing great!! Congrats on the weight loss :)

As for me, I weighed myself today on my normal scale and I'm still up a few lbs.. but I don't usually count this week because TOM is visiting and always increases my weight. If I'm still up next week I'll log the gain (boo :cry: ) Hopefully I'll be down again by then though! I also found out that I'm not going to Punta Cana anymore :( Too many people in my bf's family couldn't go so no one is going anymore.. there goes that motivation!! I'll just use summer in general as my motivation for now I suppose.

The bridesmaids dress fit thankfully! I have to hem it a bit, but other than that it fits fine :smile: I just need to make sure I don't gain any weight until then!!

I've made a soup this week and it's supposed to be a "fat burning" soup, but I don't know how truthful that is. It is very healthy though and it tastes great too! Next time I'll need to cut the recipe in half though... this one turned out a bit large.... over 20 servings large!! It's all veggies though and it even uses v8 juice (low sodium) as the broth! That is my lunch for the week though, along with other things since a serving of soup is only 80 cals... today I will have it with a sweet potato I think :)

I hope everyone is doing well!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Morning ladies!

Shander- Glad the fitting went well. And glad the soup turned out well. I made a new soup a few weeks ago and it was terrible. :sick:

ebaymommy-Great job on meeting your goals. Sounds like things are moving along in the right direction!!

Jen- Glad, as it's been said already, that you got in a rest day. I hope you found some time for yourself in there!!

Beeps- Oh the joys of motherhood! LoL. I can relate. Mine keep waking up in the middle of my workouts at 530am. Sleep was such a wonderful thing for me as a kid...my children did not inherit that belief though!!

I've made it my new goal to avoid the scale for as long as possible and to just keep pushing along. I've played the numbers game too long. It's time to fully focus on being fit. I turn 30 in June and I'll be damned if I don't make it there in the best shape since becoming a Mom!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Good posts, challengers!

My green tea challenge has been going just fine. I have been having one 12-oz serving of green tea, unsweetened, every afternoon. Good. Will I change my morning coffee habit?? Probably not just yet.

1. I only have 2 cups of (decaf coffee) - which means 2 sweeteners per day.
    2. The "making coffee" habit is fairly strong - it will take more brainpower than I have, I think, at 7:00 in the morning, to switch to kettle/tea-making than the good ol' coffee pot.
  • Beeps2011
    PS - I had a good night's sleep last night. I zonked at 10 and didn't wake until about 6:30. And, I feel like I slept right through.

So, YAY!

I am doing the exercises my Physio supplied me with for my plantar fasciaitis. But, I'm only doing them at night. I just can't fit them into my morning schedule (which is already super-tight...and my kids *do* deserve SOME of my time!).

I'm hoping that with only doing them once-per-day, I can still see some results. Hawaii is now less than 8 weeks away, and I TOTALLY want this problem fixed before I go!
  • Beeps2011
    Maybe my next 2-week challenge (which would start on Monday), is trying to squish in these blasted plantar fasciaitis exercises two times per day??

Aaaagggghhhh, I just think I'd "fail" at that right from Day 1!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Beeps. couldn't you make tea in your coffee maker? I just put the tea bag in the brew basket at hotels and such.
    My workouts have been fine, my eating is ok, starting to feel a little firmer, which is rewarding.
    Shannon, soup is really good, especially for making you feel full on fewer calories, good that it tastes good and has few calories, a base like that is good, you can add some protein, beans or sausage or whatever, although I seem to recall you are a vegetarian...
  • Beeps2011
    amy, in my entire life, I have never once thought of using my coffee-maker to brew tea!!

never once.

And now that you have *enlightened* me, I think I will TRY this on the weekend!

Wow, who knew??!!??

(I feel pretty embarrassed that I've never even once thought of this....)
  • ebaymommy
    @jenomaha - I just wanted to say a big THANKS for the tea recipe. I am not a tea fan, so I bought all the ingredients a bit hesitantly thinking I was going to have to choke the stuff down. It actually tastes pretty good! I made some yesterday afternoon and between that and today I have it gone already (following your recipe and using about 1.7L of water). The past 2 days I've eating more sodium than normal due to a couple restaurant meals, so I'm hoping it will help flush that out - I can really retain water when I have too much salt.
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Hey ladies! Glad to see everyone is doing well! I am still chugging away at the clean eating, starting to notice some changes so thats rewarding! I do my measurements and weight every saturday AM so we will see what it says!

I still haven't been able to fit in as much working out as I would like too because of all the time I spend prepping food, but I did get in 3 days this week, which is better than the none last week - so next week I am going to try and work out at least 5 times per week...
    Happy Friday!
  • amysj303
    Yes, Happy Friday to everyone!
    I am on Day 47 of the Jamie Eason Livefit Trainer and I only missed one day at Christmas, and even then I really just picked up the next, so that's pretty good. I am starting to feel firmer, which is nice.
    Also, I meant to tell y'all, maybe you remember when I got an email from the salon where I go for waxing and they are selling HCG and I got upset, I wrote an email basically saying I was dissappointed to see that they were selling a diet scam that has no evidence that it works, probably less evidence that it even contains any real HCG anyway, but she wrote me back a snotty email saying it was obvious I already made up my mind about HCG but she wouldn't sell it if she didn't believe in it 100%.
    I wanted to say that she must have some evidence the FDA hasn't seen but I decided to ignore it and I won't go back there!
    I can't really explain why I get so upset about this particular diet scam...
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Shannon - you can drink the tea either way...your preference :)

ebaymommy - so glad you liked the tea!!! I haven't been drinking as much this week and I can tell! It should def help you with the restaurant sodium.

Mama- thanks! I needed the rest day. I may consider one for tomorrow too ;)

Beeps - that is hilarious about the tea bags, but to be honest, I have never thought of that either, haha!! Brilliant Amy!!! Hope the plantar faciitis things gets better for you quickly, I've had it and it's not fun :-/

Aschief great job!!

Amy - so glad to hear you are seeing great results...keep it up lady!!

I am nursing a shoulder injury that happened yesterday around 12:30. It really added insult to injury since I had been having such an emotional week. It's starting to turn around today. I sat in the sauna after class, went tanning and now I'm gonna go shopping (retail therapy always helps me ;) I wanted to run straight to the custard store, but I held strong! I did go for most of a Toblerone candy bar yesterday, but I stayed within my goals. So all in all, I didn't do terrible with all that's been going on.

You ladies keep at it!!! Everyone is doing so amazing!
  • Beeps2011
    I'm about to head to the gym. I've decided to just ask the trainer, straight up, to train me "like a man". I totally think he is being too "girly" with me. Totally. I haven't lifted heavy in 7 DAYS now, and I'm going to LOSE whatever (if any) progress I MADE.

Gawd - just take me to the weights, teach me the right form and get OUTTA MY WAY!!!

Worse - I'm PAYING $$ for this....
  • ebaymommy
    I've had plantar fasciitis too...it sucks. :(
  • Beeps2011
    He let me lift HEAVY.

I'm satiated.

:smile:
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Beeps - Glad he let you lift heavy. Hahahaha, I loved that "Outta my way!!!" That's how I feel about some of the men at the gym...git off the squat rack!! And give me your dumbbells while you're at it! Lol!! :laugh:
  • amysj303
    I haven't tried the smith machine, but now that I am going to the gym here at work and no one is around, I might have to try it! I always like to see other girls weight-lifting!
  • Beeps2011
    I didn't use the smith machine to squat. For me, that's not what I want to do. So, when PT indicated that we were using it for "push-ups", I just thought, "whaaaaaatt??"

And, now that I've done it, I'm thinking, "now why didn't *I* think of that before??"

Nice to know that PT's know more than I do, lol!!

:wink:
  • Beeps2011
    And, yes, jeno, while I'm not *yet* at the point where I can ask the dudes to "leave their dumb-bells behind", I'm kind of excited for the day when I can do a chin-up next to them and keep it up, rep-for-rep.

Now THAT will be a DAY for SMILING!!!