2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,005 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pep-talk, asjerven. But, I'll confess, the halloween candy that my son had saved were "not" the "smaller bars" - they were ALL the FULL-SIZE bars he had been hoarding.

So, I ate 5 LARGE SIZED CANDY BARS. No joke.

And, I told the kid that candy goes "bad" and he has to STOP hoarding it (which is true) - but it really doesn't belong in MY TUMMY, that's for sure.

ugh. It was just sooooooooooooooo lame, all around. And, now I've posted it somewhere on the internet for all to see.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    ah,well, that is different, Beeps! It reminds me of a joke, though, about "fun-size" candy bars? When was "this" ever the fun-size of ANYTHING? A candy bar like a matresse, that you could lay down on, that would be "fun-sized"!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Amy, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Beeps, I wrote you about the chocolate ;) And as for my abs...that's what I'm working towards...if it makes you feel better, here are my abs from today, sadly not the same :( But I will get back to my profile pic!!!

2months.jpg
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Wow, that's huge, lol!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    life-sized:tongue:
    At least you know the abs are under there...
  • jenomaha
    Options

Hahaha!! yeah, I feel them ;)

Oh and sorry about your friend :( I'm sure she appreciates your support and your company right now!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am glad to receive the support from y'all. This is a good bunch of chicks!

So, thanks!

My trainer put me through the paces, today....I don't think he liked the e-mail that I sent him over the weekend (basically saying I wanted to be lifting heavy EVERY training day and to make sure squats, deadlifts, lunges, were incorporated!). Today, he made me do squats, deadlifts AND lunges.

ugh.

But, I feel MUCH BETTER than I did this morning. I feel like my penance period has retired and I can return to good ol' fashioned exercise and nutrition-planning!

jen, I'd trade for you *now* abs, too. :)
  • amysj303
    Options

Hahaha!! yeah, I feel them ;)

Oh and sorry about your friend :( I'm sure she appreciates your support and your company right now!!
    You have pictures as evidence;)
    That's what I want, too, abs! They are hard to maintain, no?
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Beeps - good for you for speaking up to your trainer. It really helps that he knows your goals and what you want to get out of your sessions. Glad you are now feeling back to yourself!! And thanks for the abs comment :flowerforyou:

Amy - my abs woulda been maintainable if I kept on tracking, eating clean and lifting. But I stopped all three and it went to pot, lol!! So my goal this year is to never let it get away from me again once I get them again :wink: The nutrition thing is my biggest obstacle, but it is getting better, so I'm hopeful!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Jen, You did have the surgery too!
    Also, Meant to say I got your detox tea blends and the initial effects were "moving". I can see why you only need one in each batch!
    Also, the day ended pretty well for me but I need a better afternoon strategy when there is all this junk at the office.
    Dinner was great and no booze for two days so far.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Great job, asjerven! Nicely done.

I haven't tried "the tea", yet. I need someone to convince me why it's better than just water - I drink TONS of water!! Just plain ol' water!

I feel MUCH better, today. I slept better - so that was a plus. And, the sun ALMOST came up by the time I was at work....which means we are over the 'deep dark winter hump' and as more sunshine arrives, I just always feel better. (I have been using a SAD lamp since Xmas - because I got it as a gift - but I cannot say I've noticed tons of difference.)

Today is a HIIT/stretch day. Nice!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Omg, y'all have been busy!!!

Amy - I am so excited to see your photos! I feel like we all have a big day coming up. I'm sure you'll absolutely fabulous!! Good luck with the detox. Next time I will one I will have to try Jen's recipe.

Jen - I agree with Amy you did just have surgery! Plus, you look *amazing* just maybe not as awesome as you want :) I fall into the same trap but then if you think about the people on MFP or really anywhere that kill to look like you then it can be a comfort. You'll get there!!!

Beeps - I am surprised he said to lift heavy everyday! NROL emphasizes that you shouldn't do that and want to recover for at least 48 hours. I would be interested to know and why how it goes for you!

Shander - I hope your friend feels better (same to you, Amy!). That is so devastating! I can't imagine what a mess I would be if my relationship ended. Yikes. Does she exercise/work out? Comfort food is great for a while but then maybe getting out and being active will help her stress. Maybe go on walks together (great time to chat/let her talk it out) or suggest going to fun classes?

As for me, busy weekend! My charity event I was planning for since last July went really well! I was on food & beverage and both went well! I got tons of compliments on my rented dress and while I felt a little self conscious (it was very va va voom) it was a good choice!

I was sick yesterday so didn't get a chance to start New Rules work outs but I am going to buy protein today and will be doing the first work out tomorrow. WOOO. I have my nurtition planned out today and think I am going to start on 1700 cals with more on lifting days. The book suggests more but after talking to some nutrition experts since I still want to lose more than 3% percent body fat a lower cal level might be appropriate. Either way, that is higher than what I am used to. We'll see! Any words of advice here?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi chuisle,

No, it wasn't my trainer who said to "lift heavy everyday"....it was ME who instructed HIM to let me lift heavy on every day I see him - which is M/W/F. So, there is 48 hours between heavy lifting - no worries!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    chuisle, I am eating 1,800 calories a day on NROL4W. And, I just try and keep it at 1,800 - I don't go up or down on training days. And, I'm not eating back my exercise calories. So, I'm not sure how it's going to work.

If you *only* have 3% body fat to get rid of, I'm not sure what will work - I have SIGNIFICANTLY MORE than that to rid myself of. But, I'm also on the "slow-and-steady" plan. I'm not going to get rid of 12% body fat in 3 weeks....but, I think I should be able to get rid of it in 7 or 8 months, I'd say - faster if it turns out this heavy lifting and my nutrition plan are REALLY WORKING.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This is WHY being 'skinny fat' SUCKS....because I DO have a LOT of body fat % to get rid of. And, posters argue ALL THE TIME about whether you can BUILD MUSCLE and LOSE FAT at the same time....which is EXACTLY what I am trying to do.

I won't have any answer to this question by end of January, 2012. But, I do expect I'll have an answer to that question by end of June, 2012.

I have TOTALLY tempered my enthusiasm for any "quick change". Ain't gonna happen (for me). I have a ball next Friday and the dress I wanted to wear, I'm sure won't fit. So, I'm not even going to try it. I'll wear one of my other gowns. So be it. And, even my trip to Hawaii at end of February. I was hoping for that HOT BEACH BOD when I started into heavy lifting - but, this shall not come true, either. I think I *will* have muscle definition by then....enough that my kids and husband won't care, anyway. But, I'll just aim for that HOT BEACH BOD come summer, 2012.

Most of this is *mental*, I'm finding. I mean, once you COMMIT to exercise (which I've committed to for 25+ years, at this point), half the battle is won. The other half is committing to the nutrition aspect - and that has been my biggest struggle. I feel (mostly) successful on that front, though, too. More blips on the nutrition front than the exercise front, for sure....
  • amysj303
    Options
    Kate, great to see you again and I hope to see a pick of the rented, va-va-voom dress, how fun!
    Beeps, you do have commitment! I also do the same thing, where I can eat well, or exercise regularly but have such a hard time doing both, and on the detox-tea, I wouldn't say you need to do it all the time, but for instance, this everyday-detox tea is made with dandelion root which is good for reducing bloat and a mild dieuretic so gets rid of the sodium puffing, the smooth move is a natural laxative tea, so if you're not, um, regular, it helps, and then, well, it makes me drink 1.7 litres of water and tea, that must have some anti-oxidents and stuff not found in water!
    for instance, mine is 1.7 litres of hot water, steep 1 bag everday detox, 1 bag smooth move, 1 bag green tea with peach. I got all the tea at King Soopers/Kroger/City Market.
    Beeps, you got a another ball? exciting. I never get a formal event, it seems... and Hawaii? is that new or I forgot?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I do have another ball/gala. Winter season is FULL of them, here (I missed one the first weekend of January, actually - too pooped to visit!). Summer isn't. So, the funny thing is, it's -30 out and we're all dressed to high heaven in heels and black velvet! And, in the summer, when we could all be in colourful gowns with strappy sandals and NO heavy coats, the business community holds NO galas.

(I guess 'cause people are away on holidays....but, still.)

I'll be glad when the galas are in the spring/summer. Then again, most of my ball gowns are winter-time style.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hawaii will be bathing suits, cover-ups, bathing suits, cover-ups and more bathing suits, cover-ups. THAT IS IT.
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Hey Kate!!! Congrats on the ball going well and I agree, I would love to see a pic of the va va va voom dress!! 3% more, that's awesome! That's how much I'd like to lose...for now and then another 2% after that. I'll be anxious to hear how you like NROLW!

Beeps I hear ya...I needed to make some serious progress after the New Year after all I went through just to feel comfy in my bikini. And although I won't be exactly where I wanna be by next Fri, I am on a good path. I plan to keep it going for the summer (and possibly a trip to Vegas in March!) and then just keep it ongoing. I've never been in maintenance mode. I get to my goal and then I blow it and things get out of hand. I have to find a happy medium. I already have it in my head, NO MORE UP AND DOWN!! I am so tired of it! Now refresh my memory, why do you have so many galas/balls?? I've never been to one!

Amy - great job on the run down of the tea and lol about it being "moving" :laugh: I actually ran out of the Smooth Move and I can tell :blushing: I need to go buy more, lol!! Also, good for you on the booze! I am so excited for you for your shoot!! I want to do a fitness one!! Someday!
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!!

Just got back from a 4 day weekend - spent it out in BC snowboarding! It was amazing, and such a good workout! As we approach the end of January that tends to be when a lot of the New Years Resolution people fall off the bandwagon, and even for us more committed people, it is definitely a time when we start to question all the good intentions we had set out for ourselves on January 1st.... but we can do it!! :happy: Right now is a good time to reset and recharge ourselves towards our goals which I see some have already started doing! Great Job Ladies! :happy:

For myself, I am definitely feeling this way, and so I have decided to up the ante! No more just talking - time to put my money where my mouth is....as of this morning I have committed myself to the goal of competing in my first fitness competition on May 20th! :noway: 16 weeks of training will start this Saturday, I am super nervous/excited at the same time! I still don't know if I will have the courage to get up on stage yet, but my goal will be to be competition ready even if I don't go up there... :tongue: