2 week challenge

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    chicken and salad is low carb. I am def. gonna try spaghetti squash-I have never tried it but I think it would be really good. I want to do chicken lettuce wraps too.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,099 Member
    Yum!
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Amy let me know if you find a good recipe for lettuce wraps! That's such a good idea!!

Chloe- yours goals are amazing! short term and one thing at a time is the key to success! -which is why we have this 2 week thread :) I am also going to do hard boiled eggs as well - i will just not eat the yolk part :)

Well I am almost done Week 1 of competition training, (only 15 weeks left lol!) and although I am so sore i cam barely move and definitely looking forward to a reward meal Saturday, I am really happy about this week - I stuck to the plan 100% and I already notice the difference in my energy levels - despite getting up at 430 to work out!

Hope you all accomplished what you wanted to this week! - we have one more day then the weekend! Yay!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Ascheif- Do you not eat the yolk because its not clean? or the added cholesterol? or do you just not like the yolk? Just curious :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Good for you, AScheif....being "on-plan" is certainly key!

My tendon on the right side behind my right knee is sore, today. My husband thinks I'm overtraining on the HIIT. So, today I think I won't do any and will just warm-up and do stretching, instead.

In other "good" news, I became an aunty (again!), yesterday! My brother and his wife had their 2nd child, another boy. So, I know that, after our kids ice hockey and basketball on Family Day Weekend this month, we'll be traveling to meet the new baby (and to give their first child his birthday presents - he turns 2 Feb. 11!)
  • amysj303
    congrats, Auntie Beeps (again:), your brother and his wife have something going on about 9 months before now:tongue: ?
    I did not do the HIIT last night, either, there just wasn't time. Lots of jumping rope and active rest sets. My jump rope time improved quickly, it's probably the HIIT because jumping rope for one minute used to be hard but now it is ok, it does actually seem like rest compared to lifting!
    My friend had a lettuce wrap recipe that tasted just like PF Chang's, she said it was from her mom's South beach diet cookbook but I can't find it. It was made with ground chicken breast.
    Morning is not off to a great start, someone brought german chocolate cake and it's like, how I can refuse that?
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Hi All!

Beeps - congrats!! That is super exciting. No reason to push yourself if your body hurts like that. You are working hard and recovery is important too! (That's what Lou says, anyways). Did you get a chance to do measurements??

Amy - don't worry about one piece of cake. It's one piece of cake! Just make the rest of the day great. I have trouble remembering that sometimes, too. Like how can I possible have a good day if I eat this one thing??? When really, our diets are summations of choices, not defined by a single one. Example: you ate terribly all day then had some spinach would that make it a good day? no! So german chocolate cake does not a bad day make.

Chloe - I think your plan is great too! I should need about how I can do something similar...

Ashief - congrats on one week down!

As for me, eating is going well this week. One more day of training tomorrow. Already the weekend eating events begin with getting together with mom and aunts today after work, followed by a reception and BBQ tomorrow, a friends going away party over basketball at a bar Saturday, and the Superbowl Sunday. YIKE. I need to figure out how I am going to tackle these occasions. I am going to be in DC next Tuesday - Sunday so I already have a less than optimal week coming up and I need to try to have some semblance of discipline this weekend!

Also, I posted in group about doing a thermometer jeans challenge is anyone is interested...
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Amy, you look fantastic! Glad the photo shoot went well. I did boudouir pics last fall and gave them to hubby for Christmas. Although they looked nice I would like to do it again and show a little more skin. These were a little too tame :)

Anyways, I have struggled so far this year as I usually do in the winter. It's hard to get motivated in the cold, but I am reining in the diet and have been doing some running. Although I despise running and much prefer aerobics I can't beat the calorie burn I get from running. It always make me skinny. Now I just need to get back into lifting.
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Ascheif- Do you not eat the yolk because its not clean? or the added cholesterol? or do you just not like the yolk? Just curious :smile:

It's not good for you and doesnt provide any good nutrional value above the egg whites.
  • Beeps2011
    I did take measurements, chu. The results are "mixed":

1. I lost off my natural waist. Well, okay, that's very nice. But I gained the same amount on my abdomen??? So, I'm trusting that, because I ate restaurant food the night before measuring that it was just water retention (due to salt intake), but, who knows??

2. I gained across the bust, but lost under the bust. Um....again, WEIRD! Because, my teeny-tiny boobies are quickly disappearing so, I can only chalk it up to gaining some breadth in my back. There ain't no cuppage increase happening, I'll tell you that!!!!! (dammit....)

3. I lost in the hips. Not much. But since hips/thighs are where I REALLY have the fat to lose, I'm MOST happy about this.

4. I lost at mid-thigh, but not at top of thigh. What-evah!

5. My bicep is biggah....LIKE.
  • amysj303
    Well, Abigail, I wish I had more tame shots, but oh well, if you're going to do it, go big, right?
    Beeps, sounds promising. When you are not very big to start you're going to gain some inches of muscle right?
    Good news on the hips and natural waist loss!
  • Beeps2011
    Soooooooooo, I just had a 30-minute conversation, today, with a colleague here at work that used to be a competitive bodybuilder (in New Brunswick)!

It was *enlightening*, to say the least.

I think I can *officially* scratch this OFF my 2012 list.

This sort of training is NO JOKE. So, even if I *think* I want it, in my brain, it isn't there for me in my heart. I cannot take (make?) the time to train. My career takes up about 11 hours a day and my family gets a whopping 2. My exercise takes up 2 and that leaves 9 for commuting and sleeping.

So, I'm a little bummed, but not too much. Reading all the "eating" stuff that AScheif posts (all of which was verified by my colleague, by the way!!) - I don't have the gumption to do that.

I need to replace this goal with something more achievable. Maybe I'll just aim for a 2-pack or a 4-pack and see how far that gets me.
  • amysj303
    beeps, another lesson in managing expectations? I always need those, still, it's hard so I understand if you need to take a mourning period.
    at the moment, I am lazy and good for nothing.
    On a separate note, I live in Denver and they are predicting a snowstorm of the season, so, fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Happy Friday!

Amy - did you get your snowday??? We just have buckets of rain here!

Beeps - I totally know what you mean. I don't really have the heart to become a competitive figure athlete, even if I thought I wanted it (which I don't really...I tend to like the leaner/slightly less muscular look as a personal preference for myself). Either way, I don't have the time, discipline or energy to do it! So way to go Ascheif and others taking that journey!

Jen - it's vacation time, right?!?! ENJOY!!! Rock that amazing body!

As for me, got my work out in morning (even though I had pizza last night...Bad Kate, at least I limited intake). I was really happy with my progress. Once again progressed on every lift (included 12x95 lbs squats, going below parallel). I just need to watch my nutrition over the weekend :)
  • Beeps2011
    I hope you have a fabulous time, jeno - for SURE!!

chu, that's VERY NICE progression!! Good for you.

asjerven - I'll take my moment of mourning and then, move on. Life's too short not to like what you're doing and to aim for all sorts of personal developments!
  • Beeps2011
    I'm not going to work-out today. That took SOME mental gymnastics to get to that decision. But, between my sore tendon and my gala tonight, I just don't think it's a good idea.

1. I got my hair done, last night, so I don't want to sweat away all the curls!
    2. I have to leave work early, tonight, to have my make-up done, so I have to work through lunch-hour (when I normally work-out).
    3. Resting my sore tendon is probably a good decision - I'll do cardio/stretching on Saturday and Sunday and then get back to heavy lifting on Monday.
    4. NROL4W designs rest periods between the stages and I didn't take one between Stage 1 and Stage 2 - I'm taking it now, lol!!

So, tonight I get to throw on a long black velvet gown, wear 5" (purple!) heels and dance with my fabulous (tuxed out!) husband....no complaints from this happy gal!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Great job Kate on the improvements. Glad you are seeing progress with the new program! Keeps us motivated to keep pushing! And what would like be like without a little pizza now and again? :wink:

Beeps- I get ya! I read Jen and Asheif's posts and think "that would be awesome!" But I just don't have the determination/desire to go that far with this. Sometimes I wish I did! Either way, it'll be awesome watching them progress and see how they achieve their goals!

Amy- How's the weather? I live in PA where snow is usually in abundance (preaching to the choir, right?!) and we have had VERY little. Our average temps are around 20ish this time of year and it's 40 today. Can't complain about that. Hope you get to enjoy a snow day after all!

I dropped a pound which I was glad to see, but as I stepped on the scale- I thought "what does this even prove?!" I'm so over the scale. I've been eating well and working out consistently. I feel better about myself. So regardless of an up or down, I know I've got to keep moving in the right direction. Out the window with you scale (which I would gladly do if DH didn't use it for the opposite reason as he 'bulks' up) Jeans, mirror, how we feel- that's where I'm at right now!! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    I like your attitude, mamareese.

And, I'm VERY impressed with jen and AScheif, for sure. (And Amy, hell, she's a work-out MONSTER!) I think they have very good attitudes, too....which I'm attracted to.

I do wonder why this "not that heavy girls" group has ALL these "members", and yet, maybe only 10 regular posters on the thread.

Weird!

mama - that kid is CUTE (in your thumbnail photo!).
  • amysj303
    We do have a lot of members, but only a small core regulars!
    I got my snow day!! DH took my car to work, though, so I am stuck at home, shoveling is my workout today!
    I made spaghetti squash, for the first time. I really like it. I had it with pasta sauce and chicken italian sausage, yum.
    I like the squash, though, it would be good as a side for lots of thinks, it's roasted and tastes good. obviously it doesn't taste like spaghetti but I am glad it isn't gross!
    This weekend will be a bit of a challenge because I have dinner tonight and I want pizza, we're going to Pasquinis if it's open...
    Tomorrow maybe a hockey game and Sunday lunch at PF Chang's for my bday and then Super Bowl party. Hopefully I can work out Saturday and Sunday.
  • Beeps2011
    I'd like this thread to flip over! So, it's time to get posting, people!!