2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Acheif- You are a busy girl, sheesh!! It's a wonder you even make it to bed let alone on here!! Glad the heels are working out and that the posing is going well. I just saw (for the first time) about the Arnold going on in Columbus Ohio. I think it would be awesome to go and check that out next year. I'd say this year, but apparently it's going on now! I heard Tosco was going to be there!!

Chloe- I love the idea of your preplanning and I'm going to try to do that for my main meals this weekend. I really think that sometimes I overlook the simple things and this is such a simple thing to do to avoid a disasterous weekend!!

Amy- FROSTED BROWNIES!! THat was what caused my big over do on Valentine's Day. My sister made some delicious ones that I just couldn't avoid. I told her I loved that and wanted them instead of birthday cake for my birthday and then begged her not to make them again until my birthday in June because I can not turn down a brownie!

I had really thought I'd be skipping my workout today. Had been feeling crappy all day. Kept my eats in line with the challenge but tried to keep them lower just in case. But when we got back from the kids soccer game, I sat on the couch to try and rest off the feeling and when it wouldn't go away I figured what the hell- relaxing isn't making me feel better might as well Turbo Fire!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies...everyone is doing so great!!!

Beeps - your trip sounds fantastic so far!!! the fish and greens and adult beverage sound delish! And your activities, fabulous!!

Mama - fantastic job on your progress and way to make yourself accountable, you are already killing your challenge!! Sorry you aren't feeling well, but wow, go you for getting in your workout!

Amy - I was expecting more abs for my Mexico trip as well...now I am aiming for summer ;) And I love that tank!! I may have to get one ;)

Chloe - Congrats on the jeans!! And pre-planning the weekend, that is some organization!

Aschief - I would think it would be hard to walk in shoes that were too tight!! So I am glad to hear they are loosening up. Hope today's clinic was good!!

Yesterday was a cheat day and today I forced myself to rest. I was REALLY tempted to lift weights, but I stayed busy with house chores all day :) I will do weights tomorrow and teach a class then take my boys to see the Lorax movie.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Keep up the great work!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am not going to lose these last few pounds if I continue to have weekends like this past one. I do so well during the week when I am at work. Saturdays and Sundays trip me up. On a good note...I attended ALL of my exercise classes last week. That gave me six hours and twenty minutes worth.
  • mamareese
    Options
    I made DH hid the scale. Literally. I'm mentally over the abuse that it puts me through but I can't ever break that habit of getting on it. He amusingly said, yeh, I've considered it already. Be done you crazy thing, be gone!!

I stayed on point this weekend. Was up to 156 this morning after weighing in Friday at 152. (Hence, hiding the scale) But sticking the challenge out and just continuing as usual. No complaints about the challenge. I'm full, I'm finding good things to eat, and I'm happy with how I feel so just remove the scale and move on. (repetitive isn't it, that the scale haunts annoys us)

Swiss- Great job on getting in the exercise that's awesome!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Jen- Hope your weekend was good! And that you enjoyed your rest day and movie!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    This is my last week of the Eason plan, and I am going back to 24h fitness to see if I can handle it or if I need to keep the work gym. Don't really want to pay for both, but I paid for 24h 2years in advance so it doesn't really seem like I am paying for it now.
    Anyway, trying to eat well, as I finish the Eason plan.
    I think I have decided to do Stronglifts 5x5 for my next thing. It's 3 days per week, simple lifting. For Cardio I think I will add some bodyrock or zuzanna's new WarriorZ workouts.
    My idea is to stick with that for three months and my 2-week challenges will be gradual efforts to eat cleaner. Which means I need to be better about logging. I am pretty good during the week, but my challenge is to complete my diary everyday.
  • amysj303
    Options
    good job hiding the scale, Reese, don't let it win:tongue:
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Swissmiss - Excellent work on the workouts!!! Weekends have been a ballbuster for me in the past. Getting better...still hard sometimes, but getting better!

Mama - Good for you!!! I think that's a great idea...there have been times, I get up, look in the mirror, think I look great and step on the scale to be upset by the number I see. Why do we do it to ourselves?!?! Keep it up with the clean eating, you're doing great!

Amy - Sounds like a solid plan!! I love working out at 24 Hr Fitness over either of my other gyms. The big muscle heads and other women motivate me to give it my all every time...not as if I'm competitive or anything :tongue: lol!! As for cardio, have you considered HIIT?? In and out in no time!!!

I am focused and have been since last Thursday...let's hope it lasts!! I took a logging break Friday, but ate good all day except for my cheat meal at dinner, went to a fish fry for lent...I wasn't impressed and the food made me sick! So, nice to know the fried stuff doesn't agree with me :smile: Went back to it on Sat, food prepped yesterday and I am set for the week!! Stopped by Whole Foods and Trader Joe's today for what I was missing. I have a Zumba training I am working at the University this weekend and I want to look GOOD!! So There's my motivation for the week, lol!

Hope you're weekend was good and the week is off to a fantastic start!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!! The scale is the DEVIL! I wish I could hide mine, but I don't know if I could give it up.

I pretty much stayed on track this weekend with my eating as I had planned. Had a few more drinks that I planned on Friday indulged in some dark chocolate chips Saturday. I was supposed to work out Saturday and if I had I would not have been over, but I really just needed a break. I was painting all day, so I am sure that burned some calories I didn't log. So after having a pretty decent weekend I decided to weigh myself this morning just to see......and I was up 2 lbs from Friday! Makes no sense at all....and that is why I hate the scale! I'm assuming its just water weight from the drinks over the weekend...but geez is that frustrating!

Anyways, I will just be keeping up with my clean eating as my challenge and get in a good solid week of working out. One more week until Mexico....woo-hoo!:drinker:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Amy - I've heard great things about 5x5, good plan on completing your diary! That's big for me, days I don't complete are pretty good proxies for days when I don't eat well :)

Reese - don't you care about that scale! You know you're making great progress. If It makes you feel better I weighed in at 141.8 Saturday and my scale read 149 something today. Didn't even step back on. Just focus on your eating, you'll get there!

Jen - Way to go on the weekend! Always good feeling to be on a streak over the weekend.

Chloe - way to have your weekend eating over control, don't worry about those two pounds. They'll drop right again.

As for me, Saturday was my nonadherent day which the idea was that I could have things like pizza/go out for drinks etc. I felt like I stopped eating before stuff (hard to do with pizza) etc. Well. Lessons relearned: fast food has tons of empty cals (not my choice to eat it twice) and so does booze. I got back on track Sunday etc. Here's for week 2 of my plan. Next Saturday I will have to be a little more careful :)

Getting to the end of Stage 1 :)
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    jenomaha, I am planning on attending a fish fry (a fundraiser) later on this month. I LOVE fish and of course it tastes the best fried. Cracker Barrel fried catfish is my favorite.

asjeruen, you have such great plans. I think that is how this can all work. We need to think it out, make plans, schedule and then do it.

I did all my classes last week. 6 hours and 20 minutes worth. I have two hours done already this week.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm trying not to be a debbie downer. I was just grumpy because I could blame my lack of consistency on some of my issues a few months ago. But now that consistency is there and I just want to move along. But the scale has been removed and I'm starting week 2 of the eating cleaner challenge. Yesterday was iffy because I had to grab a nature valley granola thin which isn't clean but work was insane and our friggin' microwave was toast. I praised the lady who brought in her old one from home today because I had forgot that it pooped out yesterday and brought food that needed heated up today. Bless her! She's my saving grace today- don't think quinoa and chix taste delish cold!!:laugh:

Kate- Pizza...oh blessed pizza. You are right...there's something about pizza that makes it impossible to tell when you've had enough! But I guess that's part of what makes it takes so good. You'll take next Saturday on no problems!!!

Chloe- Yep, F the scale. It's like we ALL know it. It's obviously not our friend, but we fall back on it anyways. Forget it. We are all kickin' butt in our challenges and we'll keep moving along regardless of what that digital devil says!!

Jen-That does sound like a good motivator and I'm sure you'll look gorgeous! I'm also sure you'll be cooking up some fantastic dishes!! Enjoy all your clean eating and reap those rewards!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Last night I had back, abs and cardio. Saturday was an hour of cardio which I did on the treadmill, then Sunday was legs. My legs were so sore last night, I still feel crippled. Chest, calves and cardio tonight...
    and 24h was pretty crowded. I can't complain because I was able to do what I needed to without much trouble, even got a treadmill with a fan, whoot. BUT, I was thinking if the guy at my work fitness center does personal training, maybe I should sign up for that and get some good instruction on the lifting.
    Also, I was thinking about taking a break between Eason and Stronglifts 5x5. What do you think? has anyone ever just taken a couple of weeks and not worked out at all?
    working from home today. so great to work without showering or getting dressed!!
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I am also stuck at home today with a snow day! Good thing I brought my laptop home!

I feel your pain about the dreaded scale! I always do my official weigh-in on the days that I am going to have my reward meal that night, but then for some unexplained reason I ALWAYS step on the scale the next day or the day after...I guess I like to torture myself to see how far up it goes :noway: But I guess it's shown that it takes the body 3 days to process or "bounce back" from whatever you have eaten - so that being said, you really shouldnt step on that scale again till AT LEAST wednesday :wink:

Things are off to a slow start this week - work has been crazy busy so I have been putting in my 12 hours days there, but tonight I NEED to get my cardio done, didn't get to it last night because of work, so there goes my "rest" day for the week.....oh well!

Posing clinic on the weekend was good, slowly getting better on my heels but still really uncomfortable. I am totally freaked out that I am going to fall or do something stupid on stage and the closer it gets the more and more I worry about it! I booked a one-on-one clinic with my trainer this Friday after work so I am hoping that will help me feel more confident!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,008 Member
    Options
    It's a bit rainy this morning, so I'm catching up on mfp while the kid enjoy some tv....our trip has been very fun. Lots of swimming and snorkeling - and NO organized exercise!! Which was my goal.

I'm still eating fish and greens, everyday, but have also enjoyed ice cream, liquor and snacks. I've decided to deal with the ramifications upon my return - for now, I'm permitting myself some FUN times and boy, they ARE fun!! (And tasty!)

You are all doing great. Me - I won't be stepping on a scale until my next fitness challenge weigh-in the beginning of April .... that's for DARN sure, lol!!
  • jenomaha
    Options

Also, I was thinking about taking a break between Eason and Stronglifts 5x5. What do you think? has anyone ever just taken a couple of weeks and not worked out at all?

Absolutely!! In NROLW, they advise you to take like a week off between stages. You can stay active if you want, but they don't want you to lift. I take a break every now and then...not necessarily a week, but I may only lift twice vs my usual 3 :happy:

Beeps - glad you are having so much fun! And I hear ya on not stepping on the scale after your trip!

Aschief - glad the walking is getting better! You'll have it down before comp!

Mama - you are not a Debbie Downer!! We all have our days!! This is the place to come and vent and then be supported :flowerforyou:

Swissmiss - catfish is yummy!! I had carp and it was GROSS :ohwell:

Kate - I have no doubts next weekend you will be "right on!"
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: jenomaha, can't say that I have ever had carp. The name even sounds bad.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: beeps, it sounds as though your little trip did you good. Usually people eat horrible on trips. So, congrats !!!!:drinker:

AScheif, It actually takes three days to get back to healthy after making mistakes? Wow, that means that I am not on track until Wednesday. I always blow it on the weekends.

:flowerforyou: asjerven, a personal trainer may be the best for you. That way you will know if your form is right, if you are lifting correctly for getting the best results and this can also help keep you from injuring yourself. If you can,,,then go for it.

:flowerforyou: mamareese, No, you are not being a Debbie Downer. But, you will be healthier if you remember to have a good attitude. Ok, now....smile.:happy:
  • mamareese
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies. You are all fabulous!! :flowerforyou:

Swiss- You are correct. Even consciously making an effort to be positive leaves us feeling better all around!

Beeps- Great job on vaca! Love that you are sticking to your goals and still having a great time!!!

Jen-You take breaks?! :noway: You are a machine! What fabulous things are you cooking up this week? I'm hungry just thinking about it!

Ascheif- Did you get your cardio in? I'm glad the clinics are going well. I can only imagine that the heels make you nervous, but I know you'll kill it. You'll find your groove on that stage and impress all!!

Amy- I don't know much about that plan. I do know, like Jen said, that I have read that breaks between stages/programs is beneficial. I think I'd have to go with Jen's thought and at least stick to some cardio or something a few days...I'm too up down to complete take a break that I'd forget to 'un-break!' But I think the personal trainer might be a good thought too. I know I LOVED it when DH would come to the gym to check my form, show me knew things, etc. It really helped to get my mind right during the workouts.

Me- Well, I've decided I am FOR SURE running the 5k on the 5th of May. It's too perfect not too. Granted I wish I had more time to train since without having a gym and crappy weather, running has not been high on my priority list. BUT this race is exactly what I'm looking for as my first. It's a flat course (thank GOD!) and it has activities for the kids. I always feel so guilty wanting to do things that involve the kids not being able to be with me on the weekend. But this race has not only a 'dash' for the kids (not sure if they have one for 3 year olds yet but I'll be checking), but it also has crafty type activities to keep the kids entertained while Mommy runs and DH will happily entertain them during this so I can achieve this little goal I've been talking about for almost a year! My goal is by September to complete another one. My Aunt found us a 'Dirty Girl' 5k which is the closest thing to a Warrior Dash in our neck of the woods. I wanted at least one race under my belt before I took on this ultimate to do!! Looks like I'll be checking things off my bucket list in 2012! These little goals are exactly what I need to start focusing on as opposed to the scale!

Thanks for all your support! I truly appreciate it!! :flowerforyou:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! Sorry I have been a little MIA this week....its been crazy at work, at home and getting all ready for vacation! 6 more days!!

As far as the discussion on taking a break. I think that taking a week off from lifting is a good thing. I personally wouldn't take it off completely though, just because I would feel like I would lose my momentum, I need to keep some sort of work out as part of my routine. Maybe a walk outside or lite cardio?

Beeps- sounds like you are having a fabulous time on vacation!

Mamareese- SOOOO proud of you for signing up for the 5K. Running is addictive, so be careful:wink: I haven't officially signed up for any races yet. But, I am thinking about doing one the beginning of April, its a 10K and crazy hills, it is known as the toughest 10K in the Midwest!!

So my week has been going well so far. Sticking with my clean eating and workout schedule. So I am pretty happy with that.

Ascheif- I know you are one busy girl, but I was wondering when you get a chance if you wouldn't mind checking out my diary and see if there is anything you think I should be doing differently as far as clean eating. I know I have my cheats of cocktails on the weekends and usually a non clean meal over the weekend as well. I want to make sure I make any necessary changes when I get back from vacation. I hope to hit my goal weight by the end of May :happy: and I would really appreciate any input!
  • amysj303
    Options
    So much to read!
    Reese, what are you doing to train for the May 5k? I think 7 weeks is good. Maybe you could look at Couch to 5k and start with week 3 or 4 (I think it is an 11 week plan and you don't have to start from the couch anyway!)
    I am still thinking I might do Warrior Dash again, but Dirty Girl sounds fun and I like that it is just girls!
    I have been sticking with the Eason plan but last night was at the crowded gym-when I telework it seems like a waste of the savings if I come to work and work out! so the gym was a zoo and I couldn't get the weights or the machines I needed, so I did the cardio and went back to weights but it was still a zoo so I gave up, I missed a round of bench presses and seated calf raises, oh well...
    I might take a week off but it will be weird. I, too, worry about losing momentum. But I am thinking of fostering for the dog shelter again and that means going straight home after work and at least walking!