2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for the race mamareese! That's great that the race has activities for the kiddos too. I did a Halloween race the other year with the same thing and there were some pretty little kids doing the dash. It was pretty funny actually, most of the kids were into it but there were a whole bunch being carried by their parents, kind of defeats the purpose :tongue:

I signed up to do the Warrior Dash on May 20! I got a gladiator costume for it (a cute one) and everything.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Whew lots of posting!

Reese - congrats on the 5k! Like I said, if you want suggestions let me know but you'll be fab, I promise! You're well with your challenge, I'm sure it will show!

Amy - I definitely take breaks! Because of my schedule they tend to be whenever I am traveling etc. but I think its really important. Give yourself a week with no commitment to exercise and only be active as you want. Then you'll be refreshed and ready to hit 5x5 strong!!

AScheif - good info on the 3 day thing! I always thought Wednesdays were my sweet spot, makes more sense now :) Also reminds how important it is to make sure you're eating well the rest of the week. Good luck on your posing! Like I said, I can't imagine doing a fitness competition but high heels are something I know a thing or two about!

Beeps - your vacation sounds perfect - indulgent but healthy! I think that's we should all shoot for when we're "off"

I'm doing well this week. Only two little work outs left in stage one - going back to my first weight used in each exercise and seeing how many reps I can do. Looking forward to getting onto to stage 2. I am going to skip the suggested break and take it in April when I have a trip to Austin then I don't feel like I am missing any workouts!

Eating is going pretty well this week overall, been eating spinach everyday :)
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    Been reading every day just not posting. You all are doing great, you inspire me.
    This week has been going really well. Planning ahead all of my meals and prelogging in the morning has helped tremendously. Planning my workouts and then following through has also been great. This morning was back below 140 - hope I can keep this momentum.
    A bit worried about this weekend - we are going out of town and that means a lot of eating out. I am going to try to bring food with me so that I don't have to eat at the restaurants all the time since we are staying at a home with a full kitchen. May even be able to talk the bf into eating at home with me instead of eating every single meal out.
    Congrats on those signed up for the 5Ks. I really want to sign up for one here in June - it is called Run for Your Lives. It is an obstacle course 5K where you are chased by zombies. Looks super fun. Just gotta get a few people together to do it with me.
    Anyway, I will try to catch up more so that I can respond to you all individually. But for now, I have been reading and cheering you all on!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Hey, arwensb, traveling is a challenge! that is nice you can take some food. It's so hard to know how many calories you are actually consuming at restaurants. And Run for Your Life sounds awesome!
    Kate, I know I asked before about NROLFW, but how many days per week is it? I am still thinking about that, but stronglifts 5x5 is appealing too. I am thinking of just strength training until summer, then doing more to get lean.
    I asked the wellness center manager and he doesn't do personal training, he thought stronglifts was a good program but he doesn't recommend doing "good mornings" and he said I would "bulk up" after awhile, so not sure what to think of that advice.
    Ris, yeah on Warrior Dash. Where are you? I am in CO. I still haven't signed up. A gladiator costume sounds awesome.
    Chloe-are you all packed? Have a great trip!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    arwensb--Run For Your Lives sounds like a really fun race. Good luck with your trip! Eating while traveling is always hard for me. My strategy is usually to concede that I'll probably eat out for two meals, but try to turn the the third meal into more of a snack--maybe we'll go out for brunch and dinner, but just have something small in between to tide us over until dinner.

Amy--I'm in DC, and I'm doing the Warrior Dash in Maryland. I'm excited for it, I did the one in New Orleans last year. I'm curious to see how different they are. I would guess they're all sort of unique since they have to work with the terrain they have. I would guess that CO is pretty hilly!
  • amysj303
    Options
    yeah, the CO warrior dash is in Breckenridge, a ski town. Apparently, the first year you had to run up the ski mountain, but when I did it was like switchbacks along the road so it wasn't as bad, but the altitude is still extreme so it's tough.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,008 Member
    Options
    oh, i've been eating lots of bad food, too....tasty awesome bad food (fudge, gelato, eggs benedict, nachos, pina coladas, mai tais, rum anything, rum and rum and rum).

It's raining here, again, today.

:(
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

just wanted to let you know I posted a great Clean Eating recipe for home made peanut butter bower bars in the Clean Eating Recipe topics - I know that things get busy and so when you need a quick something rather than grabbing a store boughten granola bar that is high in sugar, pick up one of these!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    oh, i've been eating lots of bad food, too....tasty awesome bad food (fudge, gelato, eggs benedict, nachos, pina coladas, mai tais, rum anything, rum and rum and rum).

It's raining here, again, today.

:(

We have sooo much in common. :laugh:
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    That Warrior Dash sounds intense! The one in New Orleans was as flat as a pancake with no altitude, but you were running through mud the entire time, which made it hard to go too fast. Then again, it was also during Mardi Gras, so most of the people there were hungover/drunk/otherwise not taking it too seriously.

Beeps your vacation sounds so yummy! I'm sure you're staying pretty active too, so that helps balance it out :drinker:
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

just wanted to let you know I posted a great Clean Eating recipe for home made peanut butter bower bars in the Clean Eating Recipe topics - I know that things get busy and so when you need a quick something rather than grabbing a store boughten granola bar that is high in sugar, pick up one of these!

Sounds delicious! That may need to be one of my weekend projects.
  • arwensb
    Options
    Yumm!! Thanks for posting. I love making big batches of things like this to keep in the freezer so that I don't have to grab junk when I am on the go.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Love the clean recipes! Always save them so I can get them when I'm ready to whip something new up in the kitchen!!

Beeps- It's a vacation! Enjoy it! It sure sounds yummy!!

I'm still working on the clean eating challenge. I've just given up calorie counting for a bit. The constant get on log, etc. felt like it needed to be given a breather for a bit. I am IN LOVE with quinoa mixed with chix breasts and asparagus. I think I could eat it for lunch every day. And the quinoa is awesome! Expensive but awesome. I love it more than any other carb/pasta-esque type dish I've had.

I had my first run this morning and it went well considering it's been FOREVER. I got 2 miles in before I had to slow it down and catch myself. Wanted to get in a full 30minutes so I figured a little break before starting back up again. I'm playing in a volleyball tournament this weekend so I'll either run again Sunday or Monday depending on how I feel after that. But next week my goal is 3 runs/week every week until the 5k. I'll keep my P90x for strength training and work on upping my miles as I go!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everybody! Soooo happy the weekend is finally here!!!

Amy- No I am not packed at all! I am going to do that this weekend. We leave super early Tuesday morning.

Mamareese- excellent run! Sounds like a great plan. If you're already running 30 min straight you will do great in the 5K!

So I weighed in this morning at 143.6!!!! Surpassed my goal of 144 before vacation! And in NSV news I went to a friends house last night for dinner and saw some people I haven't seen in a few weeks and everyone kept commenting on how slim I looked :smile:

So my plan for vacation is to drink as much as I feel like :drinker: but try to stick with vodka and water with mio or crystal light (that is my new go to drink when I'm out) and wine. I will keep the sugary drinks to a minimum. I will try to load up on fruits for breakfast with some eggs and do a salad with some meat for lunch and then just do whatever I want for dinner. I would like to hit the treadmill a few times, just to keep myself on track as well.

Ascheif messaged me with some good recommendations on how to improve my diary and I plan on really working on those when I get back. Next mini goal is to be under 140 by May and ultimate goal to be a 135 by summer. I think it is definitely doable if I just stay focused! And it has been awesome having all of your support!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss Chloe! Sounds like you have a great plan for your vacation, it'll let you cut loose without undoing all of your hard work. Definitely managable goals as well. Good luck!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I did a warrior dash here. It was 106 degrees. Literally, 106 degree, not even the heat index. Sooo it was pretty miserable and I can't say I'll ever do it again. It was the only time I've ever felt like I could have really injured myself if I pushed. But glad you all have liked it :)

Chloe - yay on the weight loss! you're doing amazing! How tall are you, btws? Seems like we're in a similar place! Great vacation plan. Vodka waters with lemon at my fav! They're super low cal for drinks and "pure" as alcohol can be!

Reese - nice job on the clean eating and run! I wouldn't worry about logging if I were you either. 2 miles is really nice first try! See, you'll be able to do a 5k no problem. Just remembered I need to get back to you on your wall post! Will do :)

Tonight, I am supposed to go to a young friend of art happy hour then out to dinner. I scouted out the restaurant picked a decent meal, did 2 miles after my NROL workout today, and *should* be able to stay under on cals and get enough protein with alcohol already factored in. If I have a few more than planned then I should break about even on cals for the day. So all in all, not a terrible day, but also not exactly healthy. So the question is, I am strict tomorrow even though I did okay today? Is it passable to do okay again tomorrow (similar to today or better) and call it a good week? I can't make up my mind.

I should have done a better job of clarifying my "adherence" at the beginning. Is it staying a certain amount clean? Is it calorie deficit based? It is macro or work out based? Not sure...

Happy Friday everyone! Have a fabulous weekend!
  • arwensb
    Options
    Chloe - WTG on the weight loss! I think your plan for vacation is great - you are supposed to be relaxing and having a good time after all! Love your NSV too - it feels so good when people notice the efforts we put in.
    Reese - sounds like you are doing really well! I see no problem with not logging as long as you are staying clean and within the parameters. You have been at this for a little while, long enough to intuitively know whether you are on track or not. WTG on 2 miles!
    Chuisle - There is NO way I could do anything, much less a warrior dash, in 106 degrees. Yikes! I think that if you stick to your plan for today and have a decent day tomorrow (like you said, the same as today or better) you can easily call it a good week. Don't be so hard on yourself!!

This has been a successful week so far. On track with my food and my workouts. I have not eaten back many (if any) of my exercise calories the past few days with the knowledge that we are going to end up eating out a lot this weekend (trying to bank a few extra cals). The downside of that is my body is just hungry today. I have already eaten everything I brought today and am still hungry. But...I know we are going out to dinner and there are not likely to be super healthy choices (we are in farm country, so think homestyle cooking and diners), so I really want to save the rest of today's calories for that. There won't be a single second to workout, we are leaving right after work. Anyway - I have a bunch of protein pancakes and baked oatmeal cups that I am bringing up there for breakfast tomorrow and snacks, so hopefully it will be a good weekend. I don't want to undo the progress I have made this week.
  • amysj303
    Options
    nice planning, arwensb, have fun this weekend!
    Kate, I forgot how miserable your warrior dash was, that is bad. I still haven't signed up but I think DH definitlely wants to.
    Chloe-your vacation plan sounds like a good one.
    Last night I was not very good, went out to dinner with friends, had a marg and some beers. My friend said my jeans made my butt look good, but I know it's all the squats and lunges:wink:
    Thanks for checking in, Beeps, but I hope you have some more sunny days!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,008 Member
    Options
    You ladies are doing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great!

I am back....but, jet-lagged and won't be working out today. Actually, I'm kind of terrified of returning to the gym, tomorrow....too many days *off*, I think.

I have zero appetitie....so, am not eating anything, today and will kick-start back into proper nutrition/exercise when my body decides it still isn't 4 time zones away.

I'm supposed to start a new 2-week challenge, tomorrow. My plan is just to get back on track and do the right things. Sheesh, I have another weigh-in and measurements in 2.5 weeks, so I really *do* need to focus!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome back Beeps. I have the faith that you will get back in action. Relax and get over your trip.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: asjerven, that means that your butt itself looks good. Not your jeans. Have to love it.

Today is the start of a new week. I am so hoping to not miss any of my exercise classes. It seems that something comes up (usually with a kid) every week to make me miss at least one of them.