2 week challenge

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    ciao, beeps!
    And yes, 11 burpees today.
    Shan, I don't like the way I look doing weights, but that's because I was eating over maintenance to build muscle and gained some fat too, so my mid-section is a little too fluffy for summer! So I guess the answer is... lipo. JK, but I know, I say that too much.
    and you are right about the cookouts, starting today at lunch, work sponsored bbq. better go enter all that junk!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,106 Member
    I'm convinced that I might lipo....

I mean, my FAT is stored in my saddlebags...whether I can EVER get rid of that fat, I don't even know. So far - NOPE. And, if they suck out all those fat cells, then it's DONE. Overwith. NO MORE SADDLEBAGS - EVER!!

Yes, I'd have to control eating to make sure I'm not putting on fat because then it might pop out somewhere else (belly???). But, otherwise, my MAIN figure flaw would be cured. Just. Like. That.

So, I think about lipo....but, I don't have the time to get it done. I don't think my husband would appreciate the expense (as in "why would you spend money on THAT????") And, I am raising a daughter - so I'd feel PRETTY hypocritical saying to her, "darling you are LOVELY just as you are....but, mommy - not so much - so I have to go have lipo...."

Sheesh. That would KILL me.

So, I don't do it.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Shan - Beeps has a good point! I think the CF work outs sound amazing but how much money would that save you overall? Either way, sounds awesome!

On the lipo I see where you're coming from. On one hand, I think its no big thing if a grown woman decides that with her hard earned money that's important to her (any cosmetic surgery). It's just no one else's business! BUT it is really hard to preach acceptance then not practice...I personally think you're right to hedge on the side of "protecting" your daughter in that but once again, it's really not my damned business :) Either way, it's good to conscious of the message you're sending her! Too many women aren't!

I'm off for the weekend! woo hooo! Enjoy all, and if you see me not logging then get at me!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Chloe, very exciting news about trying. Here is my advice adout baby weight. Ignore everything the doctors tell you, they're idiots. My first pregnancy I excercised the whole time - back then all I did was aerobics & walking - and ate a ton of food, but I craved all healthy things. Anyways, I gained over 60 lbs and even though the nursese were rasing eyebrows every time I got on the scale it was almost completely gone by the time I left the hospital and I had nothing but a tiny pooch to deal with. My second time I did no excercise - I was ridiculously tired, craved and ate sugar constantly, only gained 30 lbs which the drs were all like good job! I had no muscle left by the time I was done and everything was sagging and I had to work way harder. However, since learning about adding weights to my workouts and eating right I now look better than I have ever.

Back to my advice - don't worry about food or your weight, do continue to excercise - you want to be prepared for some hard work - labor!

Amy, I think I am going to join in with the Spartacus workout, I just need to get to the store and pick up some weights. We'll see how the whole excercise at home thing goes.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Thanks for the advice on pregnancy ladies, you've made me feel mush better about this. Now lets just see how long it takes :) I am staying on the pill for one more cycle. I told my husband I really just wanted one more fun summer hanging out with him, friends and my dog before the big responsibilities begin. And giving up drinking in the summer is much harder.

As for lipo I could never do it, I am too traumatized by seeing plastic surgery on tv. No way!

Had a long day of drinking yesterday, the hubs was off so we did some yardwork in the morning and then took the pup swimming and had some beers. Then grilled out and went to the bar on the water down the street and then had some late night nachos. Not the greatest day healthwise, but it was a really fun day together which we haven't done in awhile :)
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Oh my, ladies!!! Where have I been?! I guess I didn't realize it's been two days since I've checked in :ohwell: Sorry!

I missed way to much and there's no way I can catch up...but I'll give it a go!

Chloe-very exciting news!!! I have no doubts you will/can stay healthy and active throughout the pregnancy. It took my husband and I 4 months with our first one. The second one was a surprise, lol! We were planning on trying at the end of summer and the day before summer started, we found out we were preggers! Good luck!

Amy- the Spartacus workout looks great! I think combined with your cals and that workout, you may see some of your "mush" dissappear :happy:

Ashley - making a plan, writing down your goals and taking one day at a time will get you there!!! You can do it! Losing the baby weight was a great motivator for me! You can do it!

Reese - have fun and yay for committing to the race!

Kate - You Go Girl! You are killing the weights!

Shannon - You are killing it at CF!! So glad you enjoy it and are doing well at it!

Beeps - Its hard for me to compare my situation to yours as I have two boys. You are aware I had my extra skin removed with a mini tummy tuck. I had been wanting that for 3 years!! Ever since I lost the 30 of baby weight. I am so happy I did it and it hasn't stopped me continuing to stay healthy and work on fitness goals. I think if she sees you have tried everything, that it's not just a rash decision and that everyone makes decision for themselves...I'm sure she would understand should you decide to go through with it. I'm sure you've raised a wonderful responsible daughter and she would respect whatever decision you make. As for the hubby, we made a compromise to pay for the surgery...I had to keep the credit card bill to a certain amount for 2 months :happy:

Abigail - Hope the Spartacus works out for you too!!

So, I've been doing an experiment this week. I didn't track Sun and Mon...ate crap :/ Tues morn, weighed 122.6, that's more than when I started MFP over a yr ago.(Sat morn I was 117, lowest I've been since March 29!)!! So, I upped my water, lowered the sodium, kept carbs between 75-115, did my weights religiously and this morning I was 116.4! Yes, some of it was water weight, but, I haven't budged from the 117s in over 3 weeks, so I was ecstatic this morning. I WILL log this whole weekend because I am bound and determined to not have a gain on Mon morning!!

Now I'm off to do my first Warrior Dash!! Hopefully I can get some pics...everyone is sold out of waterproof disposable cameras :sad:

Have a fantastic Weekend!!
  • amysj303
    Yeah, Jen, how did you like warrior dash?
    I did Spartacus yesterday and it was tough! But I have 3 and 5 pound hand weights and they are pretty light for some exercises like bent over rows! But then exercises like the t-pushup, you do a pushup on hand weights then rotate to side plank and extend the weight up, I can do two, one on each side.
    That is great that you might join, Abigail!
    Chloe, I get queasy at those tv show operations too! But I guess I think when it's me it won't be like that-it'll be a magic wand:tongue:
    I am sore today and I forgot burpees yesterday! So I did 12 this morning and will do 13 this evening.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Hey y'all, Beeps told me about this challenge. I'd like to hop in here with a personal 2 week challenge - to start NROL4W. Broken ankle in Feb, so I've been rehabbing that, and I want to get back to lifting again. It's been years, and I"m not in very good shape, but working at it a little at a time. I've been talking about NROL4W for a month or more. Time to do! Starting tomorrow!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Whoah! I missed a lot. It sounds like everyone is doing well. I just wanted to check in to report on my week and say hello to all of you fabulous ladies.

My weekend was indulgent. My sister and her family were in town and for some reason we always seem to drink many bottles of wine when we get together. So Friday and Saturday were pretty lushy. I did start out Friday early, got some strength in before breakfast OR coffee! I also got a walk./run in. I got a couple other short walks in throughout the weekend, but I am in need of some drying out for a few days. So I would like to stay dry untill Friday. Maybe a glass or 2 of wine ONE day this week. And this weekend I need to not drink as much as I did this past one.

On the workout front, I got in my 3 mile run, 3 of 4 of my strength circuits, 3+ other cardio days but did not find time to do my HIIT. This week I really want to meet all my goals. I have 2 days off work this week so it should be doable.

I hope you all have a fantastic week!
  • Beeps2011
    I got all of my work-outs in last week. And, it looks promising for this week, too. It is supposed to rain, all week, so I should have no problem making it to the gym for indoor work-outs.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    I am so happy that my gain last week did not stay. I was up for at least 3 days so I thought it was more than water weight.

I gave up on IF over the weekend, mostly because I was having a pitty party over my weight gain. Back at it today, but switching to 14/10. I'm also going to start zig-zagging today. I printed it out, so hopefully I will be able to follow.

I was so happy after my run yesterday that I want to run more!!! I just felt sooo good!!!! I'm also going to start Spartacus today.

Asjerven - My lightest weight is 5 pounds which why I'm afraid I won't be able to do the t-pushup. i'll let you know how it goes!

Better- Hey atleast you got your workouts in!

Beeps - Great job!
  • amysj303
    Another Monday, another week... I will do the Spartacus workout tonight and Wednesday. My sister is coming for a visit, gets in late Wednesday so I don't know if I will get many more workouts. But my sister is not a drinker, so, that's on me. I had three alcohol-free night last week so I was shooting for 4 of them this week, but we shall see...
    kc, if you can do a t-push up you could probably use a 5 pounder. I used the 5 pounder because it's the hexagon shape. Still, I might have to modify it, could do some girly pushups and planks-to side planks?
    On Saturday I rested as much as I need to between sets but tonight I think I will really try to keep moving.
    Welcome, Sue, I have heard great things about NROL4W.
  • jenomaha
    Looking great ladies! Welcome Sue!

I am behind on burpees and will make it up today! Challenge last week, overall, successful! I logged through the weekend, yay! And for the first time since like Feb, I am not having to detox this morning and the scale was lighter this morning than Fri! WoW!

Saturday was the Warrior Dash and I absolutely LOVED it!!! So much so, I am doing the Mudzilla Run in Sept. Same kind of thing ;) I didn't train for it, I'm not a runner, the last time I did a 5k was in March of 2011 and that was flat land, not out in the country up hills and through mud! But check this out! Out of 1778 women in my age group, I cam in at 217, which is the top 12%!!! I finished in 39:45!!! I am just in utter disbelief, lol!! Now I can't wait until the next one!

Ok, here's looking at another successful week ladies!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Awesome job jeno!!
  • amysj303
    Jen, your time was the same as mine! love the pics. I did not get an "after" pic. My camera was checked and I showered off as soon as I could! I am not signed up for the 2012 Warrior Dash yet, but I think we will do it.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Way to go Jen! That's great! I'd love to do a Warrior Dash. I think there have been some in my city/area. I need to check into it.
  • jenomaha
    Thanks ladies!!

Amy - I did get showered off, lol!! I had more mud, but my hubby wanted to get it off right away. Next time, I'm getting the camera first :laugh: When did you do the dash, Amy?
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Skipped burpees yesterday, so I have to do 27 today to make up for it......should be fun.

Indulged alot yesterday. We went out on the boat all day and then went to the grocery store when we got done and I was craving ice cream and the hubs wanted pizza. All can say is I didn't even step on the scale this morning.

Great job on the race Jen thats awesome!
  • Beeps2011
    Jen, that is completely awesome - you really AMAZE me with your athleticism. Some people have it - and you have it IN SPADES, BABY!!

Chloe - lemme know how that 27 burpee-thing goes. I'm huffing-and-puffing just typing about it, lol!

I'm not stepping on the scale until Wednesday - I had popcorn at the movies, yesterday (yes, I logged it!) - we took our kids to see Madagascar 3D.
  • amysj303
    I did it last august, it is is August 18 and 19 this year. maybe you will be in Colorado?
    My friend did the Tough Mudder this weekend and it is 10 miles. I can't imagine that! 5k was hard enough for me, especially at that elevation!