Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I hit a PR today on my squats....175!!!! I'm ecstatic!! I have been waiting for hub's to go with me to spot because I knew it would be hard. My whole body shook like crazy but I pushed through for 2 reps!! Now, I can't do a set of them like in Stage 1...but I SQUATTED 175 today and I'm super happy!! I'm 125-129lbs. My goal is 1.5 my body weight so I'm close :)

Fantastic, that's inspiring stuff!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    jnh - hope the doc figures out what's wrong, soon!

Beeps - as long as you're moving, you're doing good.

My abs are so sore today - maybe lifting and yoga on the same day wasn't the best idea. I've done it lots before though, but I think those negative chin ups are what got me. I could feel my core working on the first one.

Funny story - the baby (well he's 19 months) woke up in the middle of the night and came into our room. Hubby was complaining he had cold hands and I didn't think anything of it. I got up to use the potty and on my way back to bed, he was standing there with the ice cream container in his hands!! LOL! He had gotten it out of the freezer and was bringing it to us so he could have some. Then hubby says he had gotten it out of the freezer like 5 times yesterday. So I gave him a bite and put him back in bed. :-)

I was feeling quite blue tonight and you have just made me properly chuckle! My little boy is 19months old and this is exactly the kind of thing he would do. (sorry not weights related)

Glad I could give you a laugh! :-)

Amanda - Awesome job on the squats!! That's incredible!

I had an awesome massage last week and I was hoping it would help my hip, but alas I'm going to need to go see the chiropractor. Don't get me wrong, I love my chiro. I just hate making the time to go and I'm so busy these next two weeks.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Wow, RUNN, that is a SERIOUS PR for squats! BIG CONGRATS! Really well done.

Now, ladies, GET INSPIRED, because this is INSPIRING STUFF!!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Jojo, congrats on almost hitting goal!
    Amanda AMAZING squats!
    No gym for me. I sill can barely walk up stairs or sot on hard chairs...including the bowl lol.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Beast again today. Deadlift PR. Yay. Snuck in a few negative pull ups so that I could see how my next stage is going to go... Not too much longer and then it's newstage time!

I saw some guy scowling at me today while I was deadlifting. Since my form is delicious, I know he wasn't a DL snob and probably just jealous. Or mad that I'm fat and in spandex. I choose to interpret it as jealousy.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    FB, I'm SURE it was jealousy!

Sam, hope DOMS disappear!

Going to sleep! Sweet dreams all
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Beeps, next week I'll be joining you for New rules Abs.

All the walking here at Disney World has given me sore legs. My endurance is horrible. I am able to push my 7 year old (50 pounds) in a stroller up hill but not for long. Feels great to have that strength but stinks that I am so winded.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...wait a minute, pushing a 7-YEAR-OLD IN A STROLLER? Explain this to me....(I wouldn't take my kids to disney until they could walk the park, by themselves, period. My youngest daughter was 4 the first time we gave it a try and she, and her 5-year-old brother, managed just fine!)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have tons o' bruises on my knees and shins....the romanian deadlifts have obviously assisted me, greatly, in this regard.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    ...wait a minute, pushing a 7-YEAR-OLD IN A STROLLER? Explain this to me....(I wouldn't take my kids to disney until they could walk the park, by themselves, period. My youngest daughter was 4 the first time we gave it a try and she, and her 5-year-old brother, managed just fine!)

I was thinking the same thing! But I think most 7 year olds don't also weigh 50 lbs - that's pretty small. My 5 year old is 48 lbs and he's skinny!!

I'm actually not at sore as I thought I'd be after having 2 weeks off. I can definitely feel it in my arms from all those negative chinup and push ups. Yoga probably contributed as well. We'll see if that hurts my workout this afternoon at all - S6B3.
  • samntha14
    Options
    I can walk again. Mary, not to knock you but 7? really? My five year old did it in November. Four parks in four days. He slept like a rock each night though lol.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...I just realized how "judge-y" my earlier post sounded.

Manic, please know that I am NOT here to judge. Anyone. So, if it sounded "judge-y", it probably WAS "judge-y". I apologize.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    TOM arrived, yesterday. I ate everything. It was f-ugly. I was late-night snacking and I was shoving carbs down my throat like you would NOT believe.

I woke up, today, hoping I could grab some control.

It wasn't to be....there aren't enough chocolate-covered almonds, in the WORLD, to quelch my cravings, today.

Sigh.

The "good" thing?? It is NOT "photo day" and therefore, this belly bloat that could easily pass for a 4-month-pregnancy, can be hidden under clothes/jackets for a day or two.

Mind you, I have to do planks, tomorrow, and I am not sure I can do that, successfully, without my belly LITERALLY touching the groung while I do them.

Boy, have I ever grossed myself out....have I grossed you out, too, now????????????
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yeah, seven.

Mallory is type 1 diabetic which means her pancreas does not produce any insulin. If she gets too much exercise combined with insulin add the heat in the factor she could bottom out. Like today, her blood glucose was 53 and that was little walking. Once she gets older there will be more control with the blood sugar but it is difficult with a growing child.

Eh, I understand people don't know much about the auto immune disease. I didn't know much about it and I'm a RN. You find out a lot about the disease once you deal with it daily and we have for the past 4 years.

Today was a light today. 17,000ish steps. But I sure did EAT today. Best meal I've had all week.

Sure do miss chatting during the day. Next week will be back to normal.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I knew there had to be an "explanation", Manic.....sounds like you are coping well!

I'm lifting today. Going to bump up some of my weights, too.

And, I'm back to "control" on the nutrition piece. Must. Stay. In. Control.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Mary - I figured there was a reason she is so light. Props to you for taking care of that special girl!!

I'm in a bad funk right now. Nothing has changed in months and I'm still up 5 lbs from vacation at the end of June. I don't ever plan on giving up on lifting, but there are days I would love to give up on the diet and just eat whatever and however much I want. The only thing that holds me back is that I know it won't make me feel better in the long run. Oh well, I will persevere.
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Jennie - I so know the feeling! I don't see the progress at all on the scale, and still see my belly as a problem area, but some days I will see my flexed muscles in the mirror while I am lifting and think "holy cow, is that my arm???" :flowerforyou:
  • samntha14
    Options
    Yeah, seven.

Mallory is type 1 diabetic which means her pancreas does not produce any insulin. If she gets too much exercise combined with insulin add the heat in the factor she could bottom out. Like today, her blood glucose was 53 and that was little walking. Once she gets older there will be more control with the blood sugar but it is difficult with a growing child.

Eh, I understand people don't know much about the auto immune disease. I didn't know much about it and I'm a RN. You find out a lot about the disease once you deal with it daily and we have for the past 4 years.

Today was a light today. 17,000ish steps. But I sure did EAT today. Best meal I've had all week.

Sure do miss chatting during the day. Next week will be back to normal.
    Ahhhh. I see. You really don't want to have to poke her every five minutes. Type 1 is no joke. When can she get a pump. My friend jon swears by his? Hope you guys are having fun.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just stopping by to say cya later alligator. Hubs & I leave tomorrow. Most of the time I'll only be able to log in on my phone. When I get the chance to power up the laptop, I'll come in and say hey and tell you about all the places we're going to visit. I'm looking forward to this adventure. First time I've done a trip this big on the motorcycle - - 2500+ miles out via 1 route, 2500+ miles back using a different route - and 8 days with my grandkids in between!

Mary you really are my hero! Truth be told each of you are my heros! I'm so glad I started NROL4W and found y'all here! :heart:
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I was waaaay sore today. Loaded up the squat rack, managed two warmups and one set and was like, "Man, I am way too sore for this ****". De loaded and tried a complex. Maaan, I am way too sore for this, too. Stretched and rolled out my stuff and hopped on a treadmill, then a elliptical.

3 days a week I guess is getting hard for me since I do both deadlifts and squats. Need to alternate with the middle workout being.. a little lighter than the two on the ends, I guess.

Something!

Oh, I started sprint training finally. Man, oh man, is it it tough! :)