Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options

I can't do protein shakes. The whey makes me physically ill (bloated and nauseated) .

I want to do that one day. First I want to be 130ish pounds then lift that much. :tongue:

Mary, I can't do whey, either. I buy a vegan powder. It's a pea protein. It has 22g per scoop. It isn't as ideal as whey, but hey, we do what we gotta do.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Dang, when are we starting? Is it today?
    If so

Me: 0
    NEP: 1

only 78 or something out of 154. I also ate two big hunk candy bars because I'm apparently addicted to the things. I should slap my husband for introducing them to me. chewy nutty deliciousness.

Boooo. If I don't have at least 2 protein shakes a day I'm not getting anywhere near 1g per pound of LBM. No clue how people manage 1g per pound of bodyweight.

Y'all should try hemp. It's pretty alright on the stomach. Tastes like doody unless you mix it smoothie style, though! :)
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    So yesterday was

My goal is somewhere around 115g. Give or take a bit. It could be closer to 120, but I'm thinking it's still 115.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I was out of town yesterday, but I'm in for the challenge. Traveling always makes things harder and even though I ate well, I only got 94g of protein, so

My biggest problem is getting food stuff prepared for the week. I really need to start getting this done better and getting back to weighing my food. I've been slacking for a long time, but it's not something I want to have to do the rest of my life.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    9/19/12
    ME: 1
    NEP: 0

9/20/12:

By the way, what is NEP?
  • jenniet04
    Options
    NEP = Not Enough Protein
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    9/19 Me
    9/20 NEP

Crazy busy and just plain crazy today. Hamstrings crying just a little today after doing 7.3
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Day 2 stats

ME : 2

This is hard work, Beeps.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    NEP = Not Enough Protein

Duh! Thanks...having a moment, LOL!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Ok, I gotta question. I am 3 grams short of protein. I still say I have enough because I was lucky to get 3/4 prior to this challenge.

That ok?
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Ok, I gotta question. I am 3 grams short of protein. I still say I have enough because I was lucky to get 3/4 prior to this challenge.

That ok?

If protein is something you struggle with and you're that close I'd say it's close enough...i'ts just a challenge to get yourself doing something you aren't doing as much and you did well, so congrats :)
  • manic4titans
    Options
    yeah, I was thinking that but I didn't want someone to look at my diary and say "you cheater pumpkin eater" :laugh:

and I posted too soon. My intentions were to eat a bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal but it is bed time for me! YES! I am going to bed at 9pm. Highly unusual for a night owl like me.

So the revised day 2 stats:

NEP:1
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,005 Member
    Options
    If I get anywhere near 150g of protein, point goes to "me'.

Me: 2

Oh and it turns out there is a great workout room in my hotel, s I *did* bring my gym clothes and I'm going to attempt my FIRST EER WEIGHT-WORKOUT in a hotel weight-room, tomorrow.

Better than a 'skip', I'd say!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in the protein challenge. I've been doing good lately. Finally figuring out how to get it in without relying on shakes. I get about 150g/day. It's been such a challenge as I relied heavily on carbs before NROL4W.

Me:2
    NEP:0

Do most of you try to get 1g per lean mass or 1g per total BW? I've been aiming somewhere in between.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    NEP: 2

:frown:

I was doing so well. Until those damn cookies. Now I'm short on protein, and more than 300cals over. Stupid cookies.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I guess I win today.

Me: 1
    NEP : 1

I unfortunately still ate two big hunk candy bars, because I am insane. Why would I even get one, let alone two? THEY ARE SO GOOD. Crack Hunk if you ask me.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I'm going to try and join in more here. Just completed a rather lame stage 1 b4 workout today. I was soooo tired and didn't want to get up. I didn't up my weights on 2 of the exercises and I had to take it easy on my lunges due to my injured knee. So I had a few beads of sweat but I know I didn't challenge myself like I should have. Hoping to get some serious R&R this weekend and be ready/strong for Monday. The only positive is that I DID up my deadlift to the real live Olympic Bar. I'm starting to like deadlifts. Shhh!! Don't tell anyone.

The highest I've gotten on protein is 29%. My goal is 116 on non lift days and about 133 on lift days. I've been averaging about 28% all week. So I guess NEP is winning.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    CCG, I set MPF settings to 30% of my calories for protein which is ALMOST lean body mass for me.

It says I am to get 101g protein. My lean body mass is 109lbs.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Me = 1
    NEP = 1

cowgirl - I aim for somewhere in between. My LBM is about 117, I weigh about 150, I aim for at least 130g of protein a day, which is actually 30% of my current calories.

kms - There are definitely days (I think for all of us) that I didn't push as hard as I should have. Don't beat yourself up over it, just work it out on the next one.

Starting Sunday, I'm back to my 5 am workout schedule. I've been totally slacking and I'm wondering if that's why I haven't been sleeping well lately.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I guess I win today.

Me: 1
    NEP : 1

I unfortunately still ate two big hunk candy bars, because I am insane. Why would I even get one, let alone two? THEY ARE SO GOOD. Crack Hunk if you ask me.

Haha, I am a candyholic too. Yesterday I had a small piece of dark chocolate and two fun sized Kit Kats. I wanted to eat the WHOLE bag.

Sounds like I'm not totally off on the protein. When I read the body building info, they really stress getting at least 1g/per lb body weight in. I really don't feel good when I eat that much though(180 grams!?). And I'm not interested in bulking at this time.

KMS, I think we all have days like that. Don't let it get you down. Monday will be better!