Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sam, that's awesome! Congrats on being almost done"
    Horrible day today. Sick baby + stress about moving + no chance to exercise = me baking red velvet cupcakes from scratch and eating more than I care to admit. Someone please remind me that I will never get the body I want by eating this way.....
    Me:3
    NEP: 1
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Someone please remind me that I will never get the body I want by eating this way.....

Cowgirl - I could tell you that, but you already know that and so do I, but I do the same thing.

Me = 2
    NEP = 2

I really wish I could get out of this funk. I really think it's due to the seasons changing and it being so much darker in the mornings. I just have no desire to get up when the alarm goes off, but by lunch, I'm ready. I just wish the gym at work had free weights. I have 2 more Stage 6 workouts, not sure I'll be able to do a full pull up/chin up when I get done, but I'll be closer than I was when I started.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Headed to gym for first workout of New Rules for Abs!!!

UGH! DOMS . Haven't worked out in 2 weeks.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Phase 1 WOA1 completed and I feel great.

The inverted row is challenging to me due to shoulder. I originally set the bar at high waist and immediately knew I couldn't do it. Set i up to shoulder height and was able to pull myself up 10 x 3.

Good news I was able to do the planks and side planks within the lowest time written. That 2 weeks without lifting hurt me strength wise. Pushups were done bench level and I couldn't push out the last 2 on the last 2 sets. Previously, I was doing them on the floor but this gives me time to get even lower to the bench.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Manic, I hope you enjoy the program. I will be stalking you ladies to see how you like it. I know taking more than 7 days off makes me a weakling. Sounds like you're doing fine though.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,005 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Doing my drive by while waiting for my flight at the airport...
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Started stage 2 today.

60 seconds seems reallllyyyyy long when you are planking! I definitely need to work on my core, I did multiple attempts at planks and the longest I got was 20 seconds. But then again I am one of the chunkier girls here. I also heard that pregnancy can seperate your abs so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I don't remember them being so hard! At least not before I was pregnant.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    60 seconds seems reallllyyyyy long when you are planking! I definitely need to work on my core, I did multiple attempts at planks and the longest I got was 20 seconds.

You will get better each time! I started at only 45 seconds and am now up to 90 :) slow and steady! I have been doing them for a few weeks now so it will take time to get stronger - but it will happen!!

I did Stage 3's first workout today. I liked it and even impressed myself w/the height in my squat jumps.

Mentally I am just not around...so if I am gone for a while I promise I am doing ok - just working through some things...I will keep up w/my workouts, though.

Happy lifting!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Started stage 2 today.

60 seconds seems reallllyyyyy long when you are planking! I definitely need to work on my core, I did multiple attempts at planks and the longest I got was 20 seconds. But then again I am one of the chunkier girls here. I also heard that pregnancy can seperate your abs so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I don't remember them being so hard! At least not before I was pregnant.

I HATE planks. I have to admit that I skipped them on my last workout. I can hold them for 90 secs, but I despise them. You will get better and better at them. I had 3 pregnancies in 4 years with my last daughter weighing 10lbs7oz, so I know what you mean about things seeming harder! It's like our bodies are rearranged when we're pregnant.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Yesterday was a loss for me- with high cals and only 21% of my diet in protein. :(. Today, we'll call it a win - I had low calories (1500ish), but the macros were pretty on point with 37% carbs, 34% protein, and 29% fat.

So, total...

What is that..

Me: 3
    NEP: 3

Right? I think so. We're on day 6 right? Dammit.

Tomorrow I'm going to try for maximal calories and super protein for the best recovery ever from my SUPER HARD WORKOUT.

I did a .. stage one type workout, even though I should have started Stage 6 today (don'twanna, looks hard). I did squats, step ups, bent over rows, lat pull downs, palm facing lat pulldowns, ton of abs, and an elliptical hillside.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I have a quick question for yall. After supper my calories were 1100 ish. How many of yall eat when you aren't hungry to get your calories in?

I feel so stuffed now and feel like those calories are going to make me fat. I had 1 TBS PB on Wonder Smart bread and 1 cup of 1% milk. For 6 months, I was not losing weight eating 1400ish calories . So I feel really guilty eating that much today when starting NR of Abs.

Anyway, I ate just to get those calories in when I wasn't hungry. Isn't that wrong?
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'll eat. Sometimes. It really depends. I won't leave ore than 500 on the table ever. I'm going to eat a yogurt before bed because I want more protein. I'm not really hungry after my peanut butter ice cream and whey milk shake lol I just couldn't take plain vanilla anymore. It was delicious but I need less sugar. especially since I had DD today :blushing:

Finished 7.5 and is kicked my ever loving *kitten*. I really hope I don't get sick with whatever the hubby has.

ME: 2
    NEP: 4
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have like an absolute minimum that I generally will try to fit in a few calories to get to - like, I wont eat under 1200 unless there was a video game release or I got up at 5pm and was only up so and so hours, or something like that.

Otherwise, I'll just have light days and make up for it on the next day by fitting in an extra snack or something like that.

I like to eat more on my rest days anyways. It's when I'm hungrier, so why not.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I want to lose fat but I am so confused on what to do. Thanks for yalls input.

Sam, hope you aren't getting sick either. That would totally stink.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    ...I wont eat under 1200 unless there was a video game release...

:laugh: :love:
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Definitely will be following all of you doing the Abs workouts.

Finished my last 6A workout today. Pretty proud of myself as I was able to do 20 pushups (on the floor) with good form for the first set and 15 for the second set - I can still feel this in my triceps. I totally forgot to time myself on the negative chin ups, but I know I'm really close to 20 seconds.

Me = 4 (I think I missed Friday when I last posted as I only had 4 days instead of 5)
    NEP = 2
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I have lost count with my protein . when I am bored I'll go back and figure it out.

I am so sore. My boobs, obliques, glutes, and abs.......I am not moving and the pain is uncomfortable. but I really liked the first workout of NR of Abs. Maybe I should have done 2 sets of the 3 instead of all 3 on my first day back in 2 weeks.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think you are all doing pretty good in the protein challenge....part of it is creating the "streak" that you want to continue. Part of it is just being "conscious" of what macros you are actually eating! So, it's all good.

I think I'm only:

Me: 3
    NEP: 3

I kind of screwed up my protein the last 2 days because of my holidays....but, I think I'll be right back on track today.

I *used* to eat ALL of my calories, everyday. Now, I don't. If I'm not hungry, I'm not eating them. Not sure what this will translate to, on the scale, but I'll find out soon enough. It's end-of-month photo/measurement time for me this weekend!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have 2 more work-outs in Phase One of NROL4Abs, and then it's onto Phase 2!! So, I'll probably lift Wed/Fri this week....next week I'll move into Phase 2. I'm bored with Phase One, but I'm pretty nervous about the "sliders" that appear in the ab-work for Phase 2. Tra-la-la-la-la....my body WANTS the challenge - WANTS the change-up. I just have to keep reminding myself of this!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Beeps, how many workouts did you do of A & B? Also, I posted a message on your profile page(few days ago)