Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• ashley11scott
    ashley11scott Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So i just finished stage 1 b1 today and the top of my calf is sore is this normal or ok ?...its just ever hurt there before.

@runzalot81 - this is what i started doing to get my DH to do chores i just stoped doing them.....yes it sucks the house is a mess there is no clean clothes ect. I just did the very bare like clean only a spot in kitchen to make stuff and a few peices of clothes when it was that or i cant leave the house. Now he does more then me and I know i need to help out more but i am just enjoying living the life of a dh lol I have a son age 3 i did this when he was 1.5years old by 2 DH was super daddy :)
  • ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Beeps - love your story. My former trainer set me straight one day when I said, "I deserved it!". I was telling her about some treat that I had eaten. She said, "No, you EARN it". I have stuck to that since.....it sounds simple, but it is a totally different mindset.

Pearl - I totally feel you. I always want to eat more when I freshly pay for it, as it feels wasteful. Though I know logically it's just as wasteful to eat unneeded calories. I also hate when I eat bad food and blow my calorie budget...then i think about the good food that i COULD have had.....grrrrr

Runz - your back looks AWESOME. Ash is right. Let things go....we all have a threshold and he will reach his. I would scream and be a ranting and raving lunatic if my DH didn't share the overall duties of housework and children. I think that i would consider leaving him to save my sanity. We have 3 kids and the workload is no joke. The laundry alone is never-ending. Though i love my kids!! They are a labor of love.

Samantha - there should be some small hand weights that you can add incrementally, so you don't have to jump from 70 lbs to 85.
    You just put them on top of the bar weights.

That's it for me ladies. I am just trying to get back into the swing of things after my honeymoon, which was fabulous and fattening. Now back to exercise and healthy eating :-)
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Beeps - love your story. My former trainer set me straight one day when I said, "I deserved it!". I was telling her about some treat that I had eaten. She said, "No, you EARN it". I have stuck to that since.....it sounds simple, but it is a totally different mindset.
    Yes. I think part of my trouble is I "nickel and dime" myself. So I have this fancy chocolate at home that I haven't "earned" but I'll eat a tiny bit of another piece of chocolate and a bit of something else I shouldn't, because it's just a little, right? *sigh* According to Nia Shanks, it's because this fancy chocolate is a "domino food" meaning I can't just have a little bite. I'll want to eat it all. (She's right.) So I don't save up for domino foods, I guess. But maybe I should, once in a while.

runz, I find the mental part of chores is the part that my husband falls down on most. He doesn't have a running tally in his head of how much milk is left, when we'll next need diapers, what will happen if I don't get that load of laundry ALL DONE. It's totally frustrating. No advice, just sympathy.:flowerforyou:

I hope your quads feel better soon, cowgirl!

Yay for weights at the hotel, kathleen!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    What you call 'domino' foods, pearlmullet, I call 'trigger foods'.

Some foods I have to consciously stay away from (even though I love 'em!) because I seem INCAPABLE of having "just a little bit". Most foods, no problem and I'll have a little bit, count my calories, log it, and move on.

But, some foods (chocolate-covered almonds come to mind), I can just start eating them and go overboard faster than you can say, "GET THOSE AWAY FROM YOUR MOUTH!!"

Having said that, I sit with a candy-dish full of chocolate-covered almonds, on my office desk, at all times. I haven't swallowed ONE since I got back from vacation.

Not one. I'm pretty proud of that.

....a day will come (likely somewhere during TOM), that I'll be grateful they are there. For now, I just ignore them....
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    sorry i've been absent lately. i've been busy and lazy. just wanted to say hello to everyone!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    you all have been busy. Excited to see so many lifting stories. Keep it up ladies.
    So I was all worried that I would become more sedentary now that I teach small group. Didn't have to worry at all. I get quite the workout everyday going up and down the three flights of stairs to get the kids every 90 minutes. How is it that I can totally rock weighted step up but walking three flights still kills me? What's up with that? Well I can say it's been a bad week, (other than the Seaside boardwalk burning down after just being rebuilt after Sandy (sigh)) but it sure was a LONG one. I'm supposed to lift tonight but I"m under by 700 cals and can't properly fuel a workout. When I say there is no food in the house I really mean it. I had one serving of the candy hubby brought home yesterday. That's it, no more.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sam, sorry you're low on food. I know what you mean about not being able fuel properly. Monday and Tuesday I thought I was being smart by sticking with a steep deficit to make up for my weekend foods. Wednesday I HAD to take a nap and I still barely made it through my workout.

Beeps and Pearl, I find that most sweets are triggers for me. If I can budget them into the end of my day, I am fine. If I start off the day with a doughnut or even just sweet cereal, I can't keep the cravings under control for the entire day. Weird.

Runz, I wish I had advice. Hopefully venting makes you feel better.

Got my 3rd workout for the week today. I'm so ready to be back to my 3X week schedule. My body needs it.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Chubby, I'm the same way! If I start my day with an indulgent bowl of Lucky Charms, my nutrition goals are royally f***ed for the rest of the day. I just can't stand it.

DH and I kissed and made up :blushing:
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new. I started lifting about nine months ago, but I wasn't following a particular program. I used run and cycle but I hurt my sacroiliac joint and those activities are painful after 10-15 minutes. So hiit, swimming and lifting are my new activities. II started plateauing and a MFP friend suggested nrolw. It is great - I'm still in Stage 1 but lifting 3x a week and more than before.
    While I like knowing my gym routine I will be pleased when stage 1 is finished!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey all, sorry I haven't been posting, work is so crazy right now. I am exhausted by days end and have barely been doing anything except cooking dinner and hitting the sack. Wednesday I totally forgot to set my alarm, so no workout. I lifted Monday (OHP) Fri (DLs) and today (Bench) and did spin class on Tues & Thurs, but my food has been over and crappy all week. I have been sluggish and grumpy and like you Cowgirl and Runz, sugar is a really huge trigger and sets off all sorts of carb cravings. I keep saying "back at low carb" but I'm caving into the cravings. But it's the weekend and I have loads of no/low carb snacks and food here so I am going to get back on track and IGNORE those cravings.

I worked with my trainer today and he totally killed my chest, lats, bis and tris. I am a jiggly jello mess - I finished with pushups and collapsed, couldn't finish! Love to hate that!!

Welcom PMagna! I think Stage 1 was my favorite stage, though I loved to hate all of them and gained not only strength but confidence too by doing NROL4W! Good luck!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Great reports, all!

I toyed with going back to the gym, today, to do my standard Saturday cardio class. I decided I'll just go outside, instead, and walk in the sunshine. The sunny days will be (long) behind me, soon enough and I'll HAVE to be in the gym.

Technically, my dr doesn't want me back there (even for cardio) until Sept 20. So, I'll remain "benched", but try to get in 2- or 2.5- hours of leisure walking today.

Also, my calories were higher, yesterday, than I had anticipated (partly due to my eating too much of the lasagna my nanny made for supper - and partly because I thought the calories in that lasagna were lower than what they were according to the recipe!). So, a little extra movement, today, to try and compensate, is likely a good plan.

Today is a low-calorie day, though. Will remain very mindful all day long. Tomorrow, too! I report into my calorie-challenge on Monday.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Beeps, as a nurse, I am giving you orders to obey the Docs orders, LOL. I know it's tempting, but you've only got a few more days and you can get back to it. Enjoy the down time. Sounds like your cals will work out nicely.

Welcome, PM!

Sue, sounds like a great workout! I hope your work scheduled calms down soon. I was just thinking this morning how awesome I feel now that I've worked out 3 days this week, my eating is back to "normal", and my stress load is lighter. I know part of it is mental, but exercise and eating right really does affect my energy levels and my overall mood. Here's hoping you can get back in your groove!

Runz, glad you and DH are getting along better, LOL!

I woke up this morning feeling good for the first time in weeks. Stress has definitely taken it's toll on me this month (long story). Hopefully I can keep eating in check, my macros in line, and my exercise schedule (it's finally cooling off!) and get some more of this fat off of me. I'm definitely not going to meet my goal of 22% BF by November. I don't think I've lost an appreciable amount fat since July. According to the calculators, I need to lose 12lbs to get there. Sigh.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Welcome PM! Lifting is awesome! Sue that sounds like a killer workout, you're a dynamo. Seems like everyone was exhausted this week. This crazy weather is bound to effect people. My nutrition was suckish at best this week, and the increased work hours were tough on everybody, the entire household was asleep by 9:30 the other night.

Oh and my last post was supposed to say the week was long but not altogether bad.

Hubby was picking on me for not going to the gym yesterday and today. At least he is being supportive of the habit. I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow after a good high protein breakfast ;0 I will be watching my protein levels closely this week coming. Poor nutrition regardless of calories makes me feel yucky- weak physically and mentally.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Checked in with the tape measure and scale today. More losses! A solid quarter inch from the thigh and another from calf. :drinker:
  • samntha14
    Options
    woo hoo go RUNZ!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I worked too much this weekend - but they were planned days off from the gym. I am looking forward to getting back there tomorrow! I hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Day 1, Phase one coming up today...FINALLY!

Completely committed.

Cheers!

Breeze
  • pearlmullet
    Options
    Dumb question of the day: when you have "3 reps of side planks" do you do six total? Like 3 each side?

I always only have time for 4. :ohwell:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    chubby - I'm listening to my dr, don't worry. I choose not to lift until Friday. In the meantime, though, I *did* test my heart-rate! Did 2 hours of hills on Saturday and another 2 hours of hills on Sunday. Heart-rate racing didn't pop my eyeballs. I'm fine.

runzalot - HURRAY on more lost inches!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

pearlmullet - yes, 3 each side.

If you don't have time to do 3 each side, choose a HARDER variation of the side plank (i.e. use the entire length of your arm and elevate your feet onto a bench, for example) and do your 2-each-side-reps.
  • pearlmullet
    Options
    Heart-rate racing didn't pop my eyeballs. I'm fine.
    Whew! :laugh:

Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the tip, I'll defo try harder versions next workout.