Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,007 Member
    Options
    it's totally time to ROLL THIS THREAD!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm happy to be back lifting. My DOMs is there, but not UBER-terrible. So, I think easing back into it is working.

I am doing 3 sets (I never did bother with 2), but am going up in weights only slowly. Although, my top half is speeding up moreso than my butt-piece.

I *do* want to be able to walk. So, I'm only deadlifting 95 lbs and I'm only glute-bridging 115 lbs.

No matter - by this time in October, I'll be right back up to snuff!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Way to go beeps!! Welcome back to the dark side. Your weights will be up in no time :)

As for stage 2. I'm starting that on Friday. If I remember correctly there are a lot of "little lifts" in stages two and three. Don't be in a hurry to bump those weights up. really work on form and squeezing/activating those muscles. On the one big lift, I tried to move p about five pounds a week.

So bummer day. Everybody was so negative and picking fights. at one point I was so upset with other people that I skipped a meal. Later my blood-sugar dropped and I couldn't put together a coherent sentence whole trying to talk to my son's teacher. Great way to make a first impression. She gave me a lollipop though :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Beeps, sounds like you're easing back in nicely.

Sam, I loved Stage 2. I wish I would've done HIIT the way it's designed in Supercharged and Abs though (only about 6-10 mins of 1 min work/1 min effort or 30secs/30secs). I feel like I get more out of it.

Did my first Hypertrophy III workout. I haven't done regular DLs since July. I've lost a few lbs since then and wasn't eating at a deficit when I did them last and I had decrease my weights on them. I forget how my eating affects my strength. I am adequately sore- especially my upper body. I rolled after lifting yesterday and again this evening. Hopefully some of the soreness will have eased by tomorrow for swiss ball rollouts, single leg squats, inverted rows, back squats, and shoulder press.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Nice job all !
    I worked a ridiculous amount of the past 2 days so missed a planned work out today.
    Will have to wait until Thursday
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    time for me to get to gym today. I didn't get there yesterday. The house and laundry needed too much attention.

Congrats on the baby!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    To the gym, to the gym, to the gym, gym, gym!

I *might* step on the scale today....I might not!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've been overwhelmed by life and a total lazyazz.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Wow, I did the whole program and never visited this thread, lol. But now I've started supercharged it's like a graveyard in there so I will come here for a natter ;-)

Last basic training 1 B today. Hope it goes better than A the other day - was just sucky. I've been unwell, tired, snowed under with other *kitten*. Not much has changed so I don't know if I hold out much hope for today lol. Fingers crossed I'm in the right headspace when I get to the gym!

Hope everyone else is going ok and enjoying the workouts xx
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    runzalot - it is when LIFE gets OVERWHELMING that the "to the gym" song should be LOUDEST! Go, go, go!

Hi jo_marnes! I did buy supercharged, but got WAY too lazy after NROL4Life to bother doing the "D-I-Y" stuff. If I just open my binder to the next page, and a work-out is there, THAT is what I like best!

PS, nice ABS in your avatar! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • samntha14
    Options
    I thought I just had seasonal allergies, but it seems I really do have a head cold. I only feel better when I back up my allergy pill with psuedephedrine. I'm not a happy camper and vermin at work adding to my stress does not make for a happy Sam. On the bright I get to conveniently miss the gym because hubby has a training session tonight. aww shucks.
    Happy lifting ladies!!
    Welcome Jo and Beeps I like your little ditty.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sept 25/13 - Wednesday GUN show!

a193a785-e8b5-4ac1-b678-a7858fd7b372_zps819d4018.jpg
  • manic4titans
    Options
    woohoo! looking good beeps!

I made it to the gym. Yay me! :bigsmile:

As yall know, I am constantly switching things up. I decided to up my cardio and scale back "SOME" lifting. After that 11 day vacation from exercising , my buns and calves are screaming.

I can't access my news feed so I can't catch up with my friends. I've been MIA too long. I'm itching to get back in tune with yall.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Beeps you look stunning
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    ^^ this! Great job

My part B was great today! Deadlifts lifted my mood today.... love big lifts :-)

Yes, the DIY element is hard to get used to. Gotta look into what I need to do for Basic II now..... looking forward to a change about again though :-)
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hi
    I'm new here, a friend gave me the book for my birthday-- pls friend me, I need more friends who lift with no fear!!
    glad to be here!
    xo
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    manic - I had to get to threads via the "back door", yesterday. Even today, mfp won't let me update my WATER, for gosh sakes! I'm so sick of the "site down for maintenance" warning....ugh!!

lol @ "big lifts"....mine. just. aren't. I was on JP Fitness Forum yesterday where a woman, 4" shorter than me, is deadlifting 95 KG. Here I am with my wimpy 95 LBS and she's doing 95 KG. I should just. stop. comparing. at. all.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    My "big lifts" aren't that big either - my max on DL is 143lbs (65kg), but that's only for 4 reps! Yesterday was 2 x 12 reps at 115lbs.
    I get held back in my DL by grip issues.... my forearms don't wanna play. Legs and butt? Heck yeah, they are freaking awesome. Arms and shoulders - friggin' feeble lol
  • samntha14
    Options
    Beeps, Eyes on your own Barbell lol
    Feeling better but trying to catch up on paperwork...as soon as I get off the damn internet.
    Jo my DL is similar to yours :) 8 reps of 120, but where see where we go on Friday
    My squat is always the most (8 reps of 135) I'd love to see what my 2 rep max is, but I feel I'd need someone to help out with that. Don't want to go for that last rep and fall in my *kitten*
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I feel like I'll never look like yall :sad: I can't do back squats or heavy dead lifts anymore (due to discs).

I am way too fatty.

I can't control my eating.

I am hormonal and disgusted with myself so I just wanna give up and binge!!

but on a positive note , Sam, your back looks great!:drinker: