Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had a weak day at the gym - I've been tired and depressed but today was tough so I am going to give myself points for going to the gym. I forgot my gloves couldn't increase my deadlifts and stayed the same on everything.
    My dls are seeming harder and the stinking bar is higher. Which bugs me'!!!
    I can't wait for the weekend as for a change hubby and I are both off!

I am going to chalk it up to too much work and get back there sat am with this thread as motivation - y'all lift heavier than me!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Welcome fatnomore!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'll never look like yall :sad: I can't do back squats or heavy dead lifts anymore (due to discs).

I am way too fatty.

I can't control my eating.

I am hormonal and disgusted with myself so I just wanna give up and binge!!

but on a positive note , Sam, your back looks great!:drinker:

Don't be so hard on yourself! Fat to lose? Add more cardio. Can't control eating? You are probably setting unachievable goals. I know I can't give up wine and chocolate - so I work it into my diary (take a look!). I'm hormonal too. Working out makes me feel better. Burn off the frustration!

I looked at your profile.... I have 3 kids too. I'm - after many years - in the best shape of my life and can honestly say I am damn proud of the effort and work I have put in to get to this point. I'm not going to say it was easy - because it was freakin' tough. But I'm amazing..... and you are too. You just have to go through the process to realise it :-)
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    manic, that's totally frustrating. Is there another variation on the big lifts that could help?

This article on cardio is pretty awesome, just thought I would post it:

http://www.girlsgonestrong.com/do-strong-girls-do-cardio-the-dos-and-donts-of-cardio/
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,004 Member
    Options
    fat to lose? don't add more cardio - eat less food. Period. You are ingesting too many calories.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I know Beeps. I am so tired and aggravated seeing how much other people eat and the fat just melts off. And here I have to eat so little. :angry:

I look forward to tomorrow. I don't have to workout. My calves and glutes are sore from the 30 min elliptical this week. Plus, I did sumo squats ( 20 # db) and leg press.

Jo, thanks for the comments. I'll be ok after next week. :wink: I hope.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Littler people have to eat less....it sucks, but it's true.

I'm 5'9" and my husband is 6'3". If he eats an entree, and I eat that same sized entree, for SURE I'm gonna gain FAT, whereas he may not.

He's taller. He weighs more. He gets to eat more.

So be it. I can DEAL with REALITY!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Friday, Sept. 27, 2013 - BACK SHOT:
    20130927_zps2500422c.jpg
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'll never look like yall :sad: I can't do back squats or heavy dead lifts anymore (due to discs).

I am way too fatty.

I can't control my eating.

I am hormonal and disgusted with myself so I just wanna give up and binge!!

but on a positive note , Sam, your back looks great!:drinker:
    Mary I'll show you my tummy so you can feel better :)
  • GeeksRfit2
    Options
    Hey, try being 5'2" and weighing more than Beeps! I'm slowly losing my weight,...and I'm a hard loser, too. I had my BMR tested a while back and that sucker is just darn slower than it should be, even WITH the thyroid medicine. I have to eat so much less than what everybody thinks I should and less than what everyone else is eating, its darn frustrating. BUT,...I just eat my proteins and fats to keep me from being hungry, get the veggies for the nutrients, keep the overall calories where I need them, and by gosh, the weight is coming off. So, you and your body and your hunger levels can adjust. I may not ever be as tall and lean as I'd like, but I can be short and lean. LOL!
    Doesn't keep me from wanting cheesecake.
    :)
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Geeks I have a protein cheesecake recipe if you want it the key is to have a good tasting vanilla protein powder

Beeps I'm going to keep lifting til my back and arms look as awesome as yours !

Sam the tummy is the hardest but your back looks great.

No lifting for me today- i swam and my hip was acting up so I used a float and just swam arms which sucked but maybe my arms will start looking like y'all
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    UGH! I was doing great today and then friends wanted to visit some more at Burger king (only place open). I got a jr. whopper no mayo 260 cals and a few fries. UGH!:grumble: At least I didn't get sundaes like they did after eating Whoppers and large fries.:bigsmile:

I just want to eat. I don't want to deal with it. That's why I lose 20 pounds and then gain it back over a couple years. I like no LOVE to eat. Yes, it's TOM talking. I'll be back to my normal self in a few days. Sorry yall have to deal with my multiple personalities every so often. AND I need to quit reading yall's diaries.

Sure, SamBAM, show me that belly. Make me feel better. :laugh:
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    fat to lose? don't add more cardio - eat less food. Period. You are ingesting too many calories.

Ok, I can't see her diary so can't really comment on her particular case, but in general, I don't agree.

She's already said she wants to eat more. Cutting cals is not going to help. Eat the same cals, burn more off. I'm a HUGE fan of eating.... I have to work out to eat what I want to eat. And I'd much rather do that than go without the food I want. Being hungry makes me miserable
  • GeeksRfit2
    Options
    Pmagna, send that recipe on!! And THX! I'm lifting tomorrow. I, too, want to look like Beeps. ????
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing, when you deprive yourself of calories for too long, you end up binging. Sound familiar? THen your body WILL store it as fat. We can debate starvation mode, but this is one thing that has been proven. Short people need to eat less, that sucks major, but I'm a big proponent of eating at or just below TDEE, and unless you under 5 ft. 1200 a day just isn't good enough. I strongly believe that the reason I can eat 2k a day, is A: I've built enough muscle to sustain otherwise I'd be at 1700-1800 and B I've never under-eaten a day in my life. I may have damaged my metabolism by eating food that was less than nutritious, but I've found success by controlling my macros better.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, we can debate it all day long, jo_marnes, or we can agree-to-disagree.

I will insist that you need to have calorie-deficit to lose bodyfat. And, I don't base my calorie-deficit on a daily basis, but on a weekly basis, I am in a calorie-deficit (on a weekly basis)....and without it I won't move bodyfat off my body. I'm totally fine if you want to eat more and more and more....no problem - but I won't be doing that!

:smile:
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    I am 5'1.5" - I have to eat carefully because when I have a pain flare I can't workout. Well I always lift because sometimes it helps
    But I can't do repetitive cardio to burn cals . It took me six months to lose 3 lbs.
    I am feeling sorry for myself, so I should just go to the gym
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    endofmonth21_zps20d45885.jpg

^^^ 21 months of heavy-lifting free weights - THAT is the picture on the right-hand-side.

On the left-hand side is me, after 25+ YEARS as a cardio-gym rat.

Yes, I still do SOME cardio, but my exercise-focus is on lifting heavy free weights.

And, yes, I'm "busy" like everybody else. I am 44 years old, a professional career-woman with more than 20 full-time years invested in my profession. I am a wife, mother of 3, volunteer, but I choose to take care of myself and as I come upon nearly 2-full-years focused on weight-lifting (instead of cardio), I'm very pleased with my progress.

Oh, and I'm 5'9" tall....for all you stats people!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I've been missing out. Lots of crying and whining.... I wanna join in! :drinker:

I already mentioned on the last page that I've been slacking off. Yesterday, I lifted. It was a weenie session but it was good for conditioning my brain "remember? this is what you do". I'm gonna do a weenie session part II today and then have a normal week starting tomorrow.

Thanks for posting your stats, Beeps :love: Mine are almost identical to yours right now except I have an additional 1 in my hips. My problem is I obsess too much. I look at my "progress" pics and get hung up on the cellulite. I'm a damn healthy woman and I should give myself more props :drinker:

I'm 5'6" and I have hypothyroid and hashimoto's. I log my weight lifting time but I don't eat back those calories- too hard to measure. I do eat back my running calories. I net about 1600 a day for slow fat loss. It seems to be working.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Well, we can debate it all day long, jo_marnes, or we can agree-to-disagree.

I will insist that you need to have calorie-deficit to lose bodyfat. And, I don't base my calorie-deficit on a daily basis, but on a weekly basis, I am in a calorie-deficit (on a weekly basis)....and without it I won't move bodyfat off my body. I'm totally fine if you want to eat more and more and more....no problem - but I won't be doing that!

:smile:

I don't disagree. Of course you need a deficit. I'm just pointing out that you can create that deficit by either a) eating less, or b)exercising more.

But in addition, if you like to eat yet you are struggling to lose weight, change what you eat. I eat a LOT of low cal food, rather than a small amount of high cal food.

Oh, and I don't eat and eat and eat and eat. I still have a daily goal. I aim for 1800 per day and I'm maintaining on that (which is what I want).

True, the same thing doesn't work for everyone. I just think that - as someone who enjoys eating - a person who is eating a reasonable intake should consider upping activity if their preference is to stay with the current diet. Because cutting cals can make them miserable, doesn't increase fitness and can make them more susceptible to binge eating. IMO