Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    <
    To those who haven't seen this. No weight loss (minus a half pound or pound since May) . It isn't a major transformation but I can see that my skirt hangs differently on me than before.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Indeed Manic! Great progress.

Just popping in. Still in paperwork hell... 2 hours tonight and counting after putting in my 8 hours at work, working. I hate this year, but I also love it. Sorry for being a " CAthy Complainer."
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Love it, Mary! Definitely see a difference! You've managed to recomp nicely.

Sorry about the crappy week, Sam. Hopefully next week is easier.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The bf % is weird. I can see how for some people it could be motivating to try to go from x% to y%. But for some people it's upsetting- I know when I checked mine (15ish years ago) I thought it was ridiculous--- "no way I am that fat!".

Sam hope your workload gets lighter

Mary- you look better

Chubs is that your Halloween costume?

Back to the gym tomorrow am - I missed my three times a week workout goal on the first week!!!! I will make 3x next week-
  • manic4titans
    Options
    You know what! I have forgotten to track my protein this week. I've logged but haven't really held myself accountable on a daily basis! :embarassed: I'll do better tomorrow.

My son went to the gym with me. My egotistical 18 year old who doesn't have an ounce of body fat . He had me doing several different exercises. He loved it and I did too. It is so nice to have a partner. I lifted 15 minutes longer than I usually do.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    You are on the RIGHT PATH for you, Manic! Woohooooooooo! I'm SO glad you are taking "progress pictures" - now, also confess to me that you are taking them front/side/back, right?!?!?!?

POPCORN binge last night!

Today, I lift!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Beeps, only front and back in my underwear :noway: . Front clothed. None side view. Didn't think of that one.

No lifting or cardio today. I am sure am hungry though. It's pre-TOM so that must be the problem.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Hit the gym today!!!
    When back to my starting weights for stage 2. Definitely lighter than I left off when I did stage 2 last winter. My form feels awesome though. I also did 20 min of Zumba as my intervals. New instructor, and the class wasn't very good. Don't think I'll take her again. I'll stick to the Wed and Th classes.

Come Monday, all paperwork will be complete and state inspection will be over...for now. hopefully it will just be updating from here on out.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Aaagggh
    I saw a new doctor who recommended physical therapy for my glut pain!!! I have had five episodes of pt over two years!!! I am so frustrated.
    He also recommended another steroid injection.
    Stage 2 also not going well. I don't understand the exercises or can only do very low weight (like 5 lbs on the Cuban snatch) and I feel like I didn't work out.
    I might repeat this first week of stage 2 and pretend this week never happened.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Five pounds on the Cuban snatch is just fine. It works very small muscles so a light weight is necessary. My max for that is 10. Like steps up, instead of increasing weight, decrease your angle. If you are on an adjustable bench, keep moving it down until it is flat, and that will make it harder.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Aaagggh
    I saw a new doctor who recommended physical therapy for my glut pain!!! I have had five episodes of pt over two years!!! I am so frustrated.
    He also recommended another steroid injection.
    Stage 2 also not going well. I don't understand the exercises or can only do very low weight (like 5 lbs on the Cuban snatch) and I feel like I didn't work out.
    I might repeat this first week of stage 2 and pretend this week never happened.

Sorry the glut pain isn't improving - I'm not a fan of steroid injections but I'm also not a doc! PT worked well for my ankle injury and I was very lucky, they knew the value of strengthening the whole area and pushed me to get stronger.

Stage 2 was the same for me - I actually started working with a trainer for that stage and even though I did get some weight increases, I always felt frustrated by what seemed to be little improvement. Don't be. It's cumulative and as Sam said, lower weights aren't a bad thing! I never achieved more than 7.5 on the snatch, but my ROM and angle improved a lot. Too much weight can actually be harmful with those exercises and certainly can compromise your form! I also did extra workouts and a full extra week of Stage 2, and found that Stage 3 was much better with all the extra Stage 2 workouts. Don't give up, just do the best you can and don't over do the individual exercises, work on FORM FORM FORM!!

I have been out of touch and man I am having a really hard time getting back into the swing of things especially food!! Too much of everything and way too much crap food lately. Help!!! I've fallen and can't get up! :grumble:

Today my trainer had me working on push and pull exercises - assisted pullups/pushups one arm DB rows and one arm DB chest presses, and rhomboid pulls and delt machine presses finshed with TRX inverted pullups and pushups like last week (as many sets as possible in 5 minutes. I am a mass of jello!

I achieved only part of my goal this week - I did workout 3x and spin 2x but man my cals were all over the place!! I have the same goals for next week!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    SueBoo, you have it in you! You are my inspiration and I know you are doing just fine. It doesn't hurt to mix things up. In fact, I have read it is good sometimes to not "diet". So you haven't fallen, you are taking a break.:flowerforyou:

Yesterday all I thought about was food. I stayed within my limits but it was HARD.

Hubby made me 2 eggs and bacon this am. He's a sweetie.
  • suelegal
    Options
    Mary, thanks! I needed that today! I have been kicking my butt but always after the fact!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I'm in a 10-week challenge and it's nearing end of week 6 and I have been SO bad this week that I have WIPED OUT 5 weeks of good progress I had made on bodyfat reduction. I am very p*ssed off. Also, though, it's gonna be winter here, and if it takes me 6 more months to lose it, who the hell is really gonna notice? or care?

So, I won't be angry very long. I'm kinda done with steep deficits for the time being - the blowback bingeing is friggin' UNREAL.

I did my cardio today - and felt good. I'm squeezing in a Sunday lifting session because my M lunch is being hi-jacked by a work function.

My goals for the next 4-weeks:

1. eat at a SLIGHT calorie deficit;
    2. 4 x weekly lifting;
    3. 1 x weekly cardio
    4. WAY more zzzzzzzzzz's. As in at LEAST 1 more hour every night.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    <
    This is how I feel today. Pre-tom week

You are welcome, Sue.

Beeps, I am just now working on my STEEP deficits. The weighing and measuring really has been helping. I was eating a lot more than I thought. :grumble: I cut back on my bad carbs. The plan is to do this for 3 weeks and take a week break. Hopefully,, I don't binge during that week.

I say we need to have a confession time. What do you do with your diet, logging, or exercise that no one knows? (until now heheheheehe)

Mine..... I don't always log my food at the correct time. Let's say I skip breakfast, eat lunch, and then have a snack mid afternoon. I'll log that snack as my breakfast so friends don't fuss at me for not eating! :embarassed:
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    I'll keep going with stage two. Sam and sue thanks for your encouragement.

Beeps good luck with your goals.

I felt terrible all day and even took a nap after lunch- then I had a fever and realized why I'd been feeling terrible....

Confession: I sometimes pick from an item in the database which seems like what I ate when I eat out.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Beeps, you're so right. That's one reason I will probably stick to maintenance or close to it during December- no one will notice if I'm losing weight! Then I can hit it hard for a few months and be slimmer by Spring. You've got a great plan and you're not going backwards. You got this!
    Sue, you're so committed. Just remember how far you've come and don't be so hard on yourself!
    Pmag, stick with it. I hope you feel better quick!
    Mary, your plan sounds very reasonable. I think you know what "doesn't" work, so find something that does and stick with it(I am preaching to myself).
    Confession: sometimes I don't log a few bites of the kids food that I ate (I hate throwing it away!)-instead I just add extra cals of whatever I made for myself.

Lifted today. DLs, BSS, three-point rows, push-ups, mountain climbers. I added a set of hip thrusts and weighted bridges too. I must say, my booty has lost that smooshed look it had (like I sat down and it just kinda got stuck in that position) and is rounding nicely. I don't know if it's from the exercises or the fat loss, but I'm happy.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan Beeps. Mary I don't log my food at the correct time, only that I ate it. I just log it where I know it's listed in my diary so it's easy to find.

Supposed to lift today. We'll see what time hubby gets home.
  • suelegal
    Options
    today is my rest day, except for the stuff I'm doing around the house, including switching out summer/winter clothes (lugging stuff up and down the attic access stairs, washing the floors and doing the laundry.

Beeps thanks for the reminder - I need to be more faithful to better sleep habits and time! I'm adding that to my goals too!
    So here I am this week -

Lift at least 3x
    Spin 2x
    Track cals better
    Go to bed ontime!

My confession is that I often don't finish my logging for the day on that day, especially if I know I'm over and don't want it to pop up on my feed. I will be better at that, because that keeps me more honest about all the food I'm putting in my mouth!!

Fall into winter seasons are so very hard for me to "stay the course" - I want to get some pounds before the holidays to give myself some flex room and I am hitting the lifting hard right now too. I know I have no control with the great treats around the holidays so I'm trying to be proactive about it!

Mary you're inspiring! I too think your plan is great and as has been said, you do know what works for you!

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I lift tomorrow!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Great goals, Sue. And I think it's good being proactive about the Holidays. I just hope I can maintain this year. I think last year I gained 5lbs despite logging and lifting.

Lazy day for me today. Need to do laundry, but I can do it anytime. Today I'm resting.