Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This has been a gorgeous weekend- a little misty this am but clear and sunny this afternoon. I had a good workout this am. I "got " front squats.
    Chubs- it's nice to have progress in the booty.

The holidays are tough for me because of the alcohol. A glass of wine here and a cocktail there really adds up on my waist.
    I haven't thought much about it..
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Speaking of winter food and weight gain... I made an amazeballs Amaretto-Pumpkin Cheesecake. Slam.

I finally finished Stage 4 today. Sheesh. Took forever.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, ladies! Your confessions could be mine. I had to decide which one seemed the worst .

I am way under today. Lunch was difficult for me to eat. We stopped at a Seafood place. You know , we are in such of shortage of them around the South. :huh: Anyway, it's always fried but their "fish of the day" was grilled Mahi Mahi with a Lafayette sauce (i think that's what he said) and mashed potatoes. I said no sauce and please bring steamed veggies. WELLLLLL, the Mahi Mahi was not flaky but rubbery. I could not choke it down.

Back to the grind tomorrow. Not sure if I am ready.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Got way off track but I am back..gym day tomorrow.

No excuses other than life got too full(why do I overschedule?)

I have cut back at work, no more social engagements until Christmas and time to remove that ever so sneaky inch or two that snuck in around my waist.

Missed it here. :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Breeze, glad you're back!
    Mary, I hate it when I pay good money for food and it's terrible. But I saw you're weight is done this morning, which is a total WIN!
    Runz, why must you torture me, LOL?
    Pmag, I love front squats now. I never "got" them in 4W.

Alrighty, how did everyone do on their goals this week? I was under by 700 cals(have no idea how!). I got 3 lifting sessions in plus a 20 min HIIT session on a non lifting day(I need to do this more often for my cardiovascular health!). I also managed to get my macros to 38/31/31(c/p/f). So it was a good week for me.
    This week goals:
    -stay under on cals (gonna be hard-TOM is due this week)
    -hit my macros
    -3X lifting sessions
    -track water more carefully. Not sure I'm getting enough.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    okay, the TOP OF PAGE 9 post, with Manic's new avatar, just does NOT work....ROFLMAO.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    :bigsmile: :laugh:

I'll change it.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Oh no don't change it! I like it :laugh:

My protein intake has been suckin' balls lately. I tried a new protein shake tonight. I hate it. I hate them all. :sick:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    The elephant? It was pretty funny with that post.

Had a great cardio and lifting session. eh, I am feeling puny. it's the blahs and hormones.

There isn't enough time in the day to do what I need to do. How do you women work, take care of kids, take care of the home, and exercise? I
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Runz, I use a couple different ones but my favorite is "eat the bear" - it's reported to be the cleanest protein and it's really delicious. I also like Syntrax nectars (sweets, lattes, fruits)

I lifted today - squats and I'm back to my PR of 90#, and SLDs and weighted step ups - not a high step but I used the oly bar and did 4 sets of 12 each. Even at the lower level I felt 'em good! And I did back extensions, and all my core stuff.

Cowgirl, I carry a 30oz bottle with me and keep it filled. I don't have any water issues :bigsmile:

I can't do 2 spin classes this week - they are Tuesday and Thursday and tomorrow I have a doctor's appt. I've already missed my weekly goal. And my goals for last week were only partly good. I did lift 3x and spin 2x but my cals sucked! I'm already much better this week!

Mary, I'm sorry the meal wasn't good. Hate when that happens.

Ok, I'm going to bed now, sweet dreams everyone

Breeze welcome back!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Beeps I like your avatar
    But the elephant was fun
    It's weird how MFP changes the avatar on old posts- makes them seem different somehow.
    I had swimming today which is my "cardio" but I had a little DOMs which makes me feel like Sundays workout was harder than I thought

So here a weird thing--- my last drs appt he said "you are more active than most people" but instead of feeling complimented I was sort of mad because the recommended activity for an adult women is 30-60 minutes a day. Although I try hard I only work out 30-45 min 3-5 x a week. I'd like to work out daily but life gets in the way.
    I trying accupuncture and pt this week, but I am not expecting much from either...
    Lifting tomorrow.. I'm more hopeful than I should be, because the pt said I don't need to stop lifting ,..
  • runzalot81
    Options

Had a great cardio and lifting session. eh, I am feeling puny. it's the blahs and hormones.

There isn't enough time in the day to do what I need to do. How do you women work, take care of kids, take care of the home, and exercise? I
    My home is a mess? LOL
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options

My home is a mess? LOL
    This.

I lift at lunch, have just started walking first thing 2-3x a day (just started as in today!) before everyone is up, and my house is a mess.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...and then manic changed it, lol. Durn-it.

:wink:

Okay, I totally want a distraction, but I have soooooooooo much work to do, I don't deserve a distraction. Bummer.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options

My home is a mess? LOL
    This.

Yep, I've stopped inviting people over, LOL
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Did day one yesterday...second workout though and today I walked for an hour. I'm so very sore but determined.

My clothes all shrank..lol

so now It's time to make them big again.

I haven't recorded my food intake..so I'm going to today.

Yesterday at least I did the workout and I ate just fine but too busy to record.

I've read all your updates..very glad to see everybody still here!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    lol @ breezedaze - clothes shrinking!! YOU MADE MY DAY! thanks for the belly laugh.

I am at the gym, today. I am trying to focus on a "new plan" (re: bodyfat loss). Still trying to figure it out in my brain - I will spit it out when it's more, ummmm, mature.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    ooooh I'm sore!! I'm sore from squats and deads on Monday and I'm jello today from chest lats, pecs, rhoms and tris today. I wasn't "unsore" yet from my Saturday pushing and pressing!! Vacations are not worth it!!! Holy moly!!

Breeze I'm sure you will be able to stretch out those clothes quickly! I laughed, thank you!!

Oh and yea my house is a mess too! I dust when it's so thick I can write my name in it. Vacuum then too! Kitchen is done more regularly and laundry. Life is made to be lived. I don't fret about it at all!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Breeze, glad you're back!
    Mary, I hate it when I pay good money for food and it's terrible. But I saw you're weight is done this morning, which is a total WIN!
    Runz, why must you torture me, LOL?
    Pmag, I love front squats now. I never "got" them in 4W.

Alrighty, how did everyone do on their goals this week? I was under by 700 cals(have no idea how!). I got 3 lifting sessions in plus a 20 min HIIT session on a non lifting day(I need to do this more often for my cardiovascular health!). I also managed to get my macros to 38/31/31(c/p/f). So it was a good week for me.
    This week goals:
    -stay under on cals (gonna be hard-TOM is due this week)
    -hit my macros
    -3X lifting sessions
    -track water more carefully. Not sure I'm getting enough.
    Yes to all, great going ladies!

My goals SUCK this week. I was over-whelmed with work and life that I haven't been to the gym since Friday. Major stress going on in our house. Hopefully it will all go away very quickly. Going to have to try to hit the gym tonight when hubs gets home at 9. Everybody went top bed early last night. I was in bed by 9:30, and still exhausted today. What's up with that. It got so bad I called my therapist that I haven't seen in almost 2 years. Pray for us.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I've never done a "10-to-1-circuit" in a lifting work-out before, but it was in mine, today!

So, first I did 3 other exercises (3 x 12 reps) and then the circuit was:

push-ups
    deadlifts (I chose American deadlifts)
    one armed DB row
    T-bends
    curl + press

So, you do 10 of each (without resting), then take as LITTLE a rest as you can, do 9 of each (without resting), take as LITTLE as you can, then 8, 7...down to 1.

Well, I *quit* the deadlifts and T-bends at "3", although I did 10-to-1 of everything else.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAT, it isn't even funny! Can hardly keep my eyes open and I have a board meeting tonight, lol.

I can FEEL all my muscles!

I hope I'm recovered enough to do a Friday work-out!

BOOM!

201310232_zpsc4d78262.jpg