Daily Chat Thread

Replies

• bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Thank you all!

Yes, the barbell is 45 lbs...whew! Today is Day Three (thank goodness for having every other Friday off, I can hit the gym this morning!). My wrist (long-term injury) has not recovered from when I tried to do the Prone Jackknife this past Monday. So I decided to modify and will do the it using the TRX Suspension Cable...this way I rest on mi arms, instead of having to use my wrists...oh wait, the gym has push up handles...I could try doing that and see how it goes...then in the evening, it is Zumba Toning class - with weights..wohoo!!! :)

What is everyone up to?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,099 Member
    Hmmmmmm, chubby - great for you for figuring out how your cycle might affect your scale #'s!

manic - congrats on the scale loss!

I might lift, today, but I might not....I kind of remain undecided. I did bring my gym gear - might just "promise" myself I can go a litlte lite, today - not have to bang anything heavy around. That's probably a good promise to keep!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Not sure what I want to do today. My sciatic nerve is acting up. I feel it throb occasionally. Today is arm and leg day and that might exacerbate the problem. I can go and just do arms but I know me. I'll throw in a few squats and leg curl/extensions too.
  • I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this...I've got the book on my kindle and can't tell the page numbers for some reason as it only tells me location numbers which is completely different. I've already started the program - finishing Stage 1 tomorrow - yay.

I found this link on the front page of this group http://maggiewang.com/2008/05/20/new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-diet-calculator-and-workout-logs and really want to use the calculators because I'm not sure if I'm eating too much or too little.

Right, so I need to enter user name and password. Thankfully, because I have the name of the section where the user name is found, it was easy to get to.

The password is this "Seventh word in paragraph three on page 121" Can somebody PLEASE tell me the first few words of the sentence so that I can search for it and find the word? I am not asking for the actual word...just a clue of where it is.

Thanks in advance :)
  • Umm, so please ignore my previous thread. The file isn't actually protected. My first ever post on MFP and it's a dud! Doh :-|
  • manic4titans
    It's been too quiet here lately. Where yall been?
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Welcome, Chellie!
    Manic, what did you decide to do?
    Beeps, why would you need to go lite today? Just one of "those" days?

Sitting at the hair salon getting my highlights touched up. Funny how little things like getting your hair done or eye brows waxed can make one feel so much prettier.
  • manic4titans
    I didn't go. It was a difficult decision. Got all dressed and ready but I KNEW the elliptical or lifting would exacerbate the problem.

Yeah , it feels great I need my nails done.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,099 Member
    I didn't lift (no time - no energy) - and instead ate. Booooooo.

Fresh start tomorrow! Cardio on tap, lol....
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    you ladies now made me feel as though I am not alone in the world, and I am so glad to know we are all human and sometimes you just need to pass on a workout...Luckily that wasn't the case for me today. I pushed myself out the door to the gym instead of hubby having to do it for me. I did my last 2A. Felt like a good workout. Final stats:
    Squat push press 60lbs
    Step ups 50 lbs (2x25 dbs) with 6 risers
    one point row 40lbs (2x20dbs)
    static lunge 30 lbs (2x15dbs)
    Military push ups 2x10
    These weights really don't represent an increase, but my form kicks *kitten*
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Hello all - welcome newbies
    I did the first b workout of stage 3
    I don't like Ytwls so I know I'll have to work it

I am also wondering about a sub for single leg squats - my balance is really bad so I need them but I do them for pt daily and don't think I am getting much strength out of it.

Nice job Sam your push press is great!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Manic cornbread is yummy! I got home late and someone left a half full nine inch pan of cornbread on the table. I ate a hunk which turned out to be 500 cals!!! It was worth it.
    Bepee it sounds like you are having some good workouts

I'm working the weekend but will try to squeeze in a workout on Sunday
  • bepeejaye
    Thanks Pmag, I think I am! Workout on Sunday? Good for you!! :)
    Bepee it sounds like you are having some good workouts

I'm working the weekend but will try to squeeze in a workout on Sunday
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    I hope it feels better quick, Manic.

Beeps, maybe you needed a rest and a refeed?

Sam, great weights! I'm at the point that if I get any increase in weight, I'm happy. Like you, especially for the higher reps, I just try to improve form.

Workout today. Bday dinner for my brother at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants tonight. I have lots of cals left from the week, so I should be fine and my macros are great.
  • samntha14
    Today is a rest day, and I mean REST! Still kicking it in my pjs. What's even better is it's only Saturday, so I have two more days off and plenty of time to get other things done. My last workout for stage 2 will be SUnday .
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Wow, jo_marnes....your DL is also SUPER-FANTASTIC-AWESOME-COOL-FANTASTIC!!

Thanks Beeps :-) That has cheered me up this morning. This week I am still nursing my pulled shoulder/ back and generally feeling negative about lifting :-( Only done the one lifting workout this week which is the least I have done in a week all year. Boo. I am going to go to BodyPump and Combat today - love both those and hoping it'll tell me whether my shoulder is rested enough! Want to get back to supercharged BT3 this week. Really hanging out for December......Oct/ Nov have been far too busy for me to fit in what I WANT to do...

Great to see you ladies all doing well...... keep it up!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    I am also wondering about a sub for single leg squats - my balance is really bad so I need them but I do them for pt daily and don't think I am getting much strength out of it.

I'm wobbly if I don't focus on my core. Think about that instead and you'll be amazed at the difference it makes!
  • bepeejaye
    Uhm...no push ups for a while. My long term injury on mi wrist is taking its time to abate...I tried the push up grips but the pain still remained. So for the push ups section next week, I will do a combo of front-side planks on forearms....I think that will be enough...

On a brighter note, I just got my Whey Isolate Protein that I ordered delivered today!! Cannot wait to see how it all goes!! :)

Enjoy your weekend ladies!!
  • manic4titans
    Thanks, cowgirl. I took my prescribed NSAIDs 2xdaily . I'm feeling good today. Thankful I took a rest.

Sam, I was in my pjs until 2 pm!!!

OK a quick question. Have yall noticed as you increase the weights the longer the workout becomes? For example: My workout was 15 minutes with 3 circuits. I don't count the exercises. I just now what I do. NOW, it takes almost 30 minutes to do the full workout IF I do the 3 circuits. Most of the time I am too tired and stop at 2 circuits (20 minutes)
  • samntha14
    My workouts feel shorter, and sometimes they are, but right now I was doing 2x10s. I can blow through those pretty quick. I find I need less time to recover these days. Part of becoming more fit I suppose.

Hubby is starting to get "ripped" with his total gym. However, he had to do 400 reps of Decline Bench Presses because of the lack of weight. He's getting to be a sexy beast grr not sure how I feel about that.