Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Beeps, you look great!
    Manic, congrats on the inches lost!
    Sue, you rock! Even if you don't have drastic changes on the outside, you know what you're doing is so GOOD for you. All that hard work does pay off.
    Sam, sounds like you've inspired your friend.
    Everyone else, keep up all the great work!

Got my lift in yesterday. I've increased my cals to only a 250 deficit (about 10%). I'm hoping to see very slow weight loss and more strength.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sue!Good job, btw!

Thanks! But I think my problem is with the sequence.... I guess am not used to working with odd numbers (i.e., 3 sets lol!).
    Should it be WAY 1 or WAY 2 (an MFP participant thinks it is WAY 2)

WAY 2 seems more /faster/logical/practical, but WAY 1 is more of circuit training, I think.
    Thoughts anyone? Sorry for the bother :cry:

Day 15, Workout A: 12/06/13 - WAY 1
    Squat - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds
    Pushups - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds
    Seated Row - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds
    Stepups - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds
    Prone JacKnife - 1 set of 15 reps, Rest 60 seconds
    StepUps - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds
    Prone Jacknife - 1 set of 15 reps, Rest 60 seconds

OR

Day 15, Workout A: 12/06/13 - WAY 2
    Pushups - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds X 3 SETS
    Seated Row - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds X 3 SETS
    Stepups - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds X 3 SETS
    Prone JacKnife - 1 set of 15 reps, Rest 60 seconds X 3 SETS

bepeejaye, you are supposed to circuit the lifts after the main lift - squats/deads are the main lift - then you do pushups/seated rows together, and repeat for 3 sets then do the next group. That's hard to describe so someone unfamiliar with circuits can understand.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies.

beep, I am curious what are your lower ab and butt measurement. I have a LOT of fat to lose on the bottom before I get your size.

I didn't lose any inches in thighs this month.

No workout today and for the next 10 days. We will be traveling next week but I'll get my walking in! Visiting daughter in Orlando and of course, visiting Disney World since she can get us in free for 3 days. Crazy thing is, I've planned my meals out.

Cowgirl, I am confused. You increased or decreased your calories.
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    mazmataz - are you bored with Stage 1, yet???

Oh my goodness… so glad someone said it! I am only half way through Stage 1 and I am soooo done with it! I am increasing my weight each week, which is great, but I am so tired of doing the same moves! Ready for something new. Just three more weeks to get through.

Got my lift in today. No complaints, but no real successes either. It is cold, windy, and wet outside today… should make for a miserable run this afternoon. I have my Christmas party at work and I know that if I don't go run after work, I will feel guilty about everything I eat tonight. Plus, I slacked and didn't run yesterday. I wouldn't mind if it snowed, but the rain is just so wet and blah!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies.

beep, I am curious what are your lower ab and butt measurement. I have a LOT of fat to lose on the bottom before I get your size.

I didn't lose any inches in thighs this month.

No workout today and for the next 10 days. We will be traveling next week but I'll get my walking in! Visiting daughter in Orlando and of course, visiting Disney World since she can get us in free for 3 days. Crazy thing is, I've planned my meals out.

Cowgirl, I am confused. You increased or decreased your calories.

I've increased them so that my deficit is smaller. So instead of eating at a 20% cut from my TDEE, I'm only eating at a 10% cut. That's the great thing about having a BodyMedia- I can pinpoint my TDEE much more accurately.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sue!Good job, btw!

Thanks! But I think my problem is with the sequence.... I guess am not used to working with odd numbers (i.e., 3 sets lol!).
    Should it be WAY 1 or WAY 2 (an MFP participant thinks it is WAY 2)

WAY 2 seems more /faster/logical/practical, but WAY 1 is more of circuit training, I think.
    Thoughts anyone? Sorry for the bother :cry:

Day 15, Workout A: 12/06/13 - WAY 1
    StepUps - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds
    Prone Jacknife - 1 set of 15 reps, Rest 60 seconds

OR

Day 15, Workout A: 12/06/13 - WAY 2
    Seated Row - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds X 3 SETS
    Stepups - 1 set of 8 reps, Rest 60 seconds X 3 SETS
    Prone JacKnife - 1 set of 15 reps, Rest 60 seconds X 3 SETS

bepeejaye, you are supposed to circuit the lifts after the main lift - squats/deads are the main lift - then you do pushups/seated rows together, and repeat for 3 sets then do the next group. That's hard to describe so someone unfamiliar with circuits can understand.

Its Way 1. At least that's how I did it. Because with Way 2 you aren't alternating.

I wouldn't be able to do 3 sets of Step Ups in a row, I found I needed the break the rest and Prone Jacknifes gave me!
  • bepeejaye
    Options
    Thank you Lawlorka! I will be sure to do that! :flowerforyou:

So we get every other Friday off, and for that am able to it the gym in the morning. Today was great! Save for the fact that all the squat racks were occupied...I decided to use the squat weight contraption (I do not know its name, but you load the weight...then brace against it, with shoulders touching the pads...then lower yourself for the squat - you stand on an incline, the weight disengages and it is up to you now for the squatting...upon finishing you stand on your toes (I am quite short lol), or further up on the incline and re-engage the lever back to lock position). I asked the guys that were using the squat racks to show me how it works, and voila! They were such gentlemen! I used more weight on it than I would on the Olympic bar squat.

It was quite some work, and my glutes are burning now..but was fun..for the AMRAP set I did go back to the squat rack, as it was now unoccupied.

I am loving push ups!! Also, I do not do the prone jacknives on the ball - I hurt my wrist badly doing it. So I do this on the TRS suspension cable....two people approached me today, asking how on earth that is done! :smile:

I think I will hit the Zumba cardio session tonight.....tonight is our office XMas party, and I want to have some deficit calories :)
    TGIF all!!

Its Way 1. At least that's how I did it. Because with Way 2 you aren't alternating.

I wouldn't be able to do 3 sets of Step Ups in a row, I found I needed the break the rest and Prone Jacknifes gave me!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Yep, it is way #1, Bepeejay. Anything that is labeled the same number (1a, 1b, etc) is done in a circuit fashion. Good job getting your workout in!

Finally saw 149.8lbs on the scale this morning! And that is with me still be VERY sore from Wednesdays workout. I know the scale is just another tool, but it's so nice to see a downward trend. I'll probably lift tomorrow instead of today. My hamstrings and glutes are really tight and ouchie today. I've rolled them once, probably roll them again tonight.
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I made it through the Christmas party! I am quite happy with what I ate and drank. I didn't feel like I was holding back, but thinking back on what I ate, I am not ashamed of anything. I also didn't stuff myself to feeling sick. I ate a very normal portion of food, skipped appetizers and soups, etc, had a little pudding, and a glass of prosecco at the beginning and a glass of red wine with dinner. Other than that I stuck with water. What amazes me is that I didn't feel like I was purposely not getting something or feeling like I needed to be careful and only take certain things. I took what I wanted, it was delicious, but I didn't feel the need to over-do it.

I like having the weekends off from lifting but I am hoping to get in at least a long run on either Saturday or Sunday. I have not done over a 10km run in a while and I really need to up my distance. My runs have been better this last week, I think my body is finally getting use to the heavy lifting and running. I am going to shoot for at least 16km tomorrow or Sunday and hit the elliptical on the other day. Snow seems to be holding off so I need to take advantage of the outdoors while I still can. Todays run was dry but so very windy and cold. I had a pretty strong head wind most of the run and it felt like I was running in place at times! I am surprised I actually made it home… and in good time!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Maz, redness stage 1 is long, but I kind of miss it

I had a terrible day with glute pain , but I did my workouts. I shortened the hiit a bit though.
    Then I worked on my day off!!!! Finally had some fun watching my kids at the climbing gym- usually I climb also but I was a bit nervous about trying it, and I got my physical therapy sets done.
    I am wondering how we will get Xmas stuff done this year. My husband is a rock star-- he has stepped up so much in the past two years...

Nice abs beeps
    Cowgirl you seem to have the steady persistent work down
    Good luck with exams law
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! I am back again - started NROL4W at the start of this year and got through to the end of stage 4.....fell off this forum somewhere in between....just started Stage 1 again this past week.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Wooohooooo I finally finished Basic Training (Supercharged).

Keen to move on to hypertrophy but not sure when to start - could do next week but then with Christmas and a short holiday, I'm not sure how I'd stick to getting to the gym. Will look at diary and review.

Have a great weekend everybody xxxx
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I got a run in yesterday without pain! Hooooray! My calf seems healed.

The front of my shoulder still feels a tad pinchy from my "laundry injury"--I assume I tweaked the rotary cuff, but I'm going to give S1B4 a go today sometime and cut back, perhaps, on the weight for the press-ups or whatever they're called.

Something in my shoulder definitely clicks inside with movement, but it's been like that a long time. The joys of getting older, lol.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,004 Member
    Options
    scheduled cardio today. That is all.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in, OHP, incline bench, bent over BB rows and skull crushers. Now I'm doing laundry and shopping online - a little later, out to pick up goodies for a holiday party tonight. Have a great weekend!
  • bepeejaye
    Options
    Thank you for all your help, all, and hello to all newcomers :flowerforyou:

Today, it is a bit cold, but we have our local H.O.G Chapter meeting, then Christmas Party tonight...for now - we ride!!! Wohoo!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    bepee, stay warm!
    Sue, skull crushers always leave my triceps screaming. I'm amazed you can still use your arms after all that, LOL!
    Beeps, kill that cardio!
    jen, yay for a good run. And isn't funny how we can lift ridiculous amounts of weight in the gym and then hurt ourselves doing something simple at home?
    Jo, I think you'll love Hypertrophy. I thought it was fun. Although I wasn't a fan of the higher rep workouts, the constant change in rep ranges kept it more interesting.

Got 2A of Strength done this morning. I was really sluggish. I was able to increase weight on a few exercises, but I'm stuck with my DLs at 155lbs (3 sets X 6 reps). I kept my form good, but I feel like I should be able to increase weights with the amount I'm eating. On a good note, my inverted rows and push-ups seemed easier.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I feel like a lazy bum. I haven't worked out since Tuesday. There just isn't enough hours in the day this week. Next week we will be traveling ....... Now I'm scared I will get out of the mode. Lose motivation. Start eating like a heifer again. Gain weight.........

It's cold here in the Deep South. I bet if there was any moisture in the air , it would spit out a few snowflakes. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Every where you go........
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    For some absurd reason my traps and shoulders are sore. Can't possibly be because my zumba instructor thrusday was heavy on the wavy arms above the head could it? NEVER had this problem before.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I feel like a lazy bum. I haven't worked out since Tuesday. There just isn't enough hours in the day this week. Next week we will be traveling ....... Now I'm scared I will get out of the mode. Lose motivation. Start eating like a heifer again. Gain weight.........

It's cold here in the Deep South. I bet if there was any moisture in the air , it would spit out a few snowflakes. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Every where you go........

I feel your wariness, December is tough here too between of holidays, kid off school, family illness and extreme cold weather. Just focusing on maintaining thru this month. Hang in there and keep an eye on your intake. Log your intake everyday even when you travel it will help us get through.