Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,004 Member
    Options
    suelegal - my last week food choices weren't that great, either....I have to do better at keeping my slight deficit EVERYDAY with only 1 eat-up day per week (lately, it's been 2, which explains why I'm maintaining, rather than losing...).

My butt is VERY sore from today's work-out....those BB hip thrusts are just KILLER for me. And, yep, I have to do it all over again tomorrow, so I'm really hoping this dumb L-Glutamine will kick in and help my DOMs.
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I think I'll join the "please just let me maintain" chorus. Going out for dinner tonight, planning on a beer, ate a ginger snap earlier...I'll end up (and this assumes the measurements in the database vaguely reflect what I'm eating, since the restaurant were going to isn't a chain) about 200 calls over workout amt today. Oh well. At least I lifted today.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I didn't make it to the gym. I slept until 11:30 :frown: My baby got up around 9:30 , played, and then brought me coffee which she made all by herself at 11:30. I told her one time how to make it and she remembered! But that doesn't surprise me, she does so well in school.

I didn't have the energy or motivation to go. Maybe tomorrow.........

I did shower and head to the grocery and made supper for the first time in a week. :drinker:

Thanks ladies for the support. I would go in detail on here but I am afraid my name is also my email. If someone did a search on that they would come up with some juicy stuff . NO she isn't pregnant. whew! right?

Cowgirl, I think it's awesome. Hopefully your friend gets the same results..
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm on the maintain Train so I can't complain too much. This week I sould get two work outs done if everyone stays healthy and I don't know, no other unforseen clamity occurs. Sunday I spent a huge chunk of time wrapping gifts. Had some champange and a coffee drink and weight is steady today. So I should get a stage tow A and B done along with some HIIT. I need to get my walks at work up again too.

Good luck all hang in there and enjoy the season.

I'm curious what to do you all do for special meals or food for Christmans eve?
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Manic hang in there. I was that impetuous young adult once upon a time, and everything turned out ok though I'm sure I gave my parents many sleepless nights. You raised her right, from here it's her path. (remind me of this in ten years when I'm dealing with young adults making bad choice deal)

Didn't make it to the gym last night. Once I got running on the errands I didn't stop. Excuse I know, but there it is. And these Christmas cookies will be the death of me. WE had a sucky Christmas last year. I know it shouldn't be about the gifts, but half my gifts were stolen last year. I went overboard this year. oops :)
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Manic I hope everything turns out well for your daughter and hope you get help if you need it

Sue I wish I could ohp 60!!!

Beepee I'm considering going back to stage 1 I miss back squats so much

I had some good news with my physical therapist saying my pseudo weakness should stop soon. If I was pseudo weak then I'm stronger than I think..

I managed to eat over 500 cal of cookies this weekend and I wasn't baking... Maybe when I bake next weekend I'll call it a bulk...

Anyway I am optimistic and thinking about goals for next year.. Anyone interested in posting
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I would like to finish nrolw and then pick another program to follow
    I'd like to get healthy and then do another triathlon even if it is just one my friend and I throw together inAugust
    I would like to back squat/ deadlift/ bench press or front squat 350 lbs combined
    This is all a little pie in the sky because I've been "injured for two years" but it's nice to consider if I were healthy
    I weigh almost exactly the same as a year ago which is a healthy weight and I have stopped increasing just want to be more fit
    Anybody else planning next years goals
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, I won't be getting in 4 work-outs this week....blew it on day 2. DOMs is just too wicked. Rest day, today!

manic - I'm in the middle of some 'grieving process' where my oldest son is concerned. He really HAS gone "off his rocker" and it's tough to figure out if/when to step in....I don't want some HUGE mess to clean up, but I could probably deal with a LEETLE mess! Anyway, I feel like someone has 'died' - I'm having trouble sleeping, trouble with appetite....literally like 'grief'. Good luck to you!

rocky503 - I eat what I want, just making sure the calories are within my weekly budget.

samntha - I went UNDERboard this year. Gift cards in stockings. Cash in envelopes as gifts. I'm bored with all of it. I expect there will be grumpy faces all around on Xmas. (We are traveling and I'm not interested in figuring out how to pack *kitten*....)

Pmagnanlift - I really never did well with back squats. I am going to study all the "knees out" literature/videos that are coming out on the topic, though. For whatever reason, squats don't hit my glutes ("lazy glute syndrome", lol) and just build my quads - which I don't need.

I *am* thinking about my "goals" for next year....I'd like to be able to do 1 (or more!) unassisted pull-ups, that's for sure. And, probably do more push-ups from the floor (I kind of can do 3 x 8 right now).
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I would like to lose a total of 17 pounds next year. I've lost 9 since October. So I think 17 is feasible. I had been working on assisted pull ups but I lost that motivation. It hurts my shoulder too bad. OH, that reminds me. I saw a dr about my shoulder. I have an mri and nerve conduction study scheduled Jan. 6. He says if it is nerve damage, there's nothing he can do for me. :sick:

I wonder how much weight I have to lose to get rid of all this fat? My clothes are feeling looser . But my legs and butt are soooooo fatty. I wonder if 17 pounds will be enough since I am a small frame?

I probably went underboard too.

Sam, thanks!

I got up early today. Before my little one. I'm getting better everyone. Thanks for the encouragement/support. Maybe will make it to the gym today. :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    manic - I totally wonder how much weight I'll have to lose to get rid of lumpy bodyfat myself. I'm guessing about 10 more lbs, which is kind of why I'm aiming for 1 lb loss PER MONTH. Slow. Steady. Doable, without feeling "deprived".
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I made it to the gym!!!! (dance dance dance) LOL I didn't work too hard. I have lost some strength in my arms. I'll get in back by the end of the week or next week. No biggie. Cardio -I didn't push it. I did a steady pace on the elliptical. I can gradually increase incline and resistance my next time around.

Beeps, It's so hard to imagine you having a fatty bottom. You look so awesome in pics. BUT I KNOW, if only I could see you naked, right? LOL

I feel better. Glad I went.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    From Beeps: "I'm in the middle of some 'grieving process' where my oldest son is concerned. He really HAS gone "off his rocker" and it's tough to figure out if/when to step in....I don't want some HUGE mess to clean up, but I could probably deal with a LEETLE mess! Anyway, I feel like someone has 'died' - I'm having trouble sleeping, trouble with appetite....literally like 'grief'. Good luck to you!

Manic and Beeps this theme resounds for me too this year. I've gone thru a "divorce" with someone very close to me (not my husband) but it sure has hurt. I'm learning a lot about letting go and appreicating what I do have.

I was more courious about traditions of foods that you all have on Christmas Eve not so concerned about caloires or anything. We are starting some new traditions this year so getting ideas....:wink:
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Mary, yea on making it to the gym!! I think that will help your psyche, really! And Beeps and Mary it is grief, you have lost someone. Neither are the innocent child you nurtured anymore and watching them make their mistakes is painful! I honor both of you for having the courage to know they have to make their own choices. And like Sam said, I too as an adult made some seriously stupid choices, ones that, as I look back now, say "who the hell was that and where was I during that time?" But here I am, alive and able to talk about it. I offer my # 65 OHP shoulder for support and so get what you are feeling!

Like you and Beeps, I am always hoping the pudgy fat layer disappears or at least that I can see a noticeable lessening. Honestly, although my shape has changed, and I am wearing some smaller clothes, I really don't see much of a change overall. I think after the holidays (it would be total sabotage to try it now), I will do a real focused cut and see if that helps. I'm concerned about losing muscle during a cut, especially since I want to increase all of my main lifts. I will revisit this after the holidays are done. I'm especially interested in both of your experiences.

I have 4 grandkids - I ALWAYS go over with gifting for them. The parents, not so much. My sisters and I have all agreed no Christmas gifting, but I always send something yummy to my dad, and Mike's mom.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I hope things get better, guys! My brother nearly put my parents over the edge when he became a dad at a young age. It all worked out but took some time.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I agree!! :smile:
    Beeps, It's so hard to imagine you having a fatty bottom. You look so awesome in pics. BUT I KNOW, if only I could see you naked, right? LOL
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I am feeling much much better, thank you all!

Yester the gym was so full!!! But I did manage to get my workout done.

Today was Cardio day (TRX Suspension Circuit Class, then Core Class then Zumba Class)...aahhh....I love sweet pain....Good to be back!!!!

Tomorrow is lifting day!
    I am going to re-do Stage 1 - Last Week until I go on holiday...then come January (in three weeks..about), I will start on Stage 2. The hotel I will be staying at has a nice gym, and so I aim to make the best of it. I will miss Cardio but, oh well, I may go swim some laps :drinker:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Mary, great job getting to the gym. Those endorphines can really brighten your day. I was feeling lazy today and really didn't want to go tonight. Hubby was late getting home. He had a mechanical on the way home and was an hour late. I thought, YEAH I don't have to go and I can blame him lol. But he walked in the door and said, "Aren't you going to the gym tonight?" and then my new lifting buddy texted me and said, "Aren't you lifting tonight?" So I went lifting tonight lol!! Started my repeat of stage 4. I can do 20 push up on the floor, so instead of 2 sets of 8 on the floor, I did 2 sets of 8 with my feet on the ball. Pretty cool actually. Luckily stage one kind of mirrors stage four, so we were able to rotate on the equipment and I was able to watch and encourage her. She's starting with body weight exercises. I have to stop and remind myself that this time two years ago, that's exactly where I started.

On a personal note, Just to give you an idea of the grief I gave my parents, I was engaged at 17, moved him into the house and married him at 18. Luckily, I'm pretty smart and we didn't have our first child until I was 25, after I finished my masters and was working full time for two years. To this day (with almost 16 years of marriage under my belt) they still say I was crazy but have to admit I knew what I was doing lol. I tell every young person to this day I am the exception, NOT the rule.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    After a little extended family squabble this morning left me seething for a bit, my husband asks , "are you lifting today? I hope so." Lol
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I am new to this. In fact I just started on Monday. What do you all do on your rest days? I walked/jogged yesterday, but I'm pretty sore.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :-)
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    After a week of very little anything (other than Christmas parties, one on Friday and one on Monday, not to mention a church thing on Saturday) I ran last night, lifted this morning, and ran again after work today. Feels sooo good. Have also been keeping up with yoga and it makes such a difference to the soreness. I am a little behind schedule now, since I only got in two workouts last week and will only get in two this week… but I am about two weeks away from finishing stage 1. Looking forward to doing something different!