Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    this was me last year. I was 160 at 34% BF. I'm now 142 at 24% BF. I started at 1400 cals in stage one and by the end was eating at or above maintenance, between 1850 and 2300 cals daily. I haven't lifted in a number of weeks and I'm only hungry for about 1600-1900 with regular cardio sessions. I'm just not as hungry without the lifting. Also, my scale weight hasn't changed in months, but I 'keep loosing pant sizes ( I carried all of my fat in my legs so it's where the drop in BF is most noticeable, and I swear my feet are smaller lol. Don't be afraid to fuel your body. You need it

Streak challenge. Calories 7/7 and workouts goal reached.

Oooh, can I ask you how long it took you to lose the 10% body fat?

I am feeling totally awesome - have had some protein snacks post workout and am just about to prep dinner - and I have hit just over 1200cal - with just under 500cal for dinner - I think I am going to do it today! Just need to keep it up, and stay away from the junk!
    nine months
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Nice.

Thanks samntha14.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Just did my first 100lb deadlift. holy crap!

I am amazed at the progress that we make with this workout!! Wow! I have to admit, I was feeling discouraged a couple of weeks ago but so glad I stuck it out. I know the progress will taper eventually but I am feeling pretty pumped right now.

ROAR!!!!!!
    WOo hoo you go with your bad self
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    rachie - you'll love Stage 2. I PROMISE.

Beeps don't lie to the girl! :laugh:

Seriously, I hated Stage 2 because of all the fussy single leg split leg stuff but it works and I'm stronger for it. And now here I am at Stage 4 and repeating all those fussy single leg split leg things and I'm stronger still.

You'll love to hate it rachie!

HAha, thanks. However I feel about it, I HAVE to see it through. Its not a long stage, I will make it work!!!!
    ]

I hated stage 2 at first, then grew to like it sort of. Then Stage 3 came and I hated it. Then Stage 4, which was a repeat of 2, made me truly appreciate and like Stage 2. Plus I did it SO much better the second time around. Stage 5 is a repeat of 3 and I still hate it. :-/
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Quick yoga day today before heading back into work... now 6 days in a row for me :)
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I went to a totally kick-*kitten* spin class this am and then shovelled snow for an hour...what a great day!

Vicki - Good job fitting yoga in!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Got my workout with my kids today. We shoveled snow, then went tubing, and had another "Just Dance" party woo hoo.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I squatted 25# 2 sets of 12. My legs shook for about 20 minutes after. I'm proud :) I'm such a newb. LOL!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Great job deksgrl and samantha14!

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! twice this week I turned off my 530a alarm. However, I got to the gym later in the day because I was watching out for how to make it work, rather than saying "oh well". Streak is good. Tomorrow am will have to be a very early run due to kids activities.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Just did the first of the two AMRAP workouts at the end of stage 1. Was hard to see progress on some of the leg stuff, but nice how easy some of it felt dropping the weight down like that. Just one more AMRAP workout then very excited to do something different and start stage 2, here we go!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    One week in, I'm always feeling my muscles now. Last night I held up my arm and made a muscle to my boyfriend and he said, "will you stop, your muscles are not bigger yet." I made him feel it and he said, "hey, it is bigger!". LOL!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Today starts week 4. I have decided to change my calorie goal a week sooner than I first thought. I really think I'm eating too much, and to be honest, I use the extra calories on not great choices. I see that I have a few 100 calories left and I eat chocolate. This has to stop. I do not need the chocolate.
    I have worked out my TDEE from In place of a road map and I'm going with that. If I decrease by 20% it is bang in the middle of what the book reccomends for me. It is also a good number of calories a day.

This is not about the scale number, I have accepted that this may not change at the rate I would like, its about taking control of food. Its about making better choices. Its about not eating back exercise calories as they are already factored in. Its about getting my *kitten* in gear and not being fat and forty at the end of the year.

Oh, and as supportive as the husband is (and he is very), he is still very honest. So when I ask him if he thinks I can wear a bikini next year, his answer was "of course you can if you wrok for it. But you need to think about what you are eating. Just because you have extra calories, it doesn't mean you should eat junk" So its also about proving to him I can do this.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Today starts week 4. I have decided to change my calorie goal a week sooner than I first thought. I really think I'm eating too much, and to be honest, I use the extra calories on not great choices. I see that I have a few 100 calories left and I eat chocolate. This has to stop. I do not need the chocolate.
    I have worked out my TDEE from In place of a road map and I'm going with that. If I decrease by 20% it is bang in the middle of what the book reccomends for me. It is also a good number of calories a day.

This is not about the scale number, I have accepted that this may not change at the rate I would like, its about taking control of food. Its about making better choices. Its about not eating back exercise calories as they are already factored in. Its about getting my *kitten* in gear and not being fat and forty at the end of the year.

Oh, and as supportive as the husband is (and he is very), he is still very honest. So when I ask him if he thinks I can wear a bikini next year, his answer was "of course you can if you wrok for it. But you need to think about what you are eating. Just because you have extra calories, it doesn't mean you should eat junk" So its also about proving to him I can do this.

I can relate on the eating. I'm still having a hard time with that too. I am also doing the TDEE-20% and need to find better ways to eat my calories. I told my husband that I think I've gotten so sick this week because I have come back to eating more junk to try and hit my calorie goal. Well, I think I've learned my lesson. Back to eating as clean as possible with lots and lean protein and veggies!!!

This entire weekend was a wash, but hoping to be able to get back to my routine this week. I'm still feeling cruddy, but I just can't sit around anymore. I was so upset that I couldn't lift on Saturday, but I would have never made it through the session. I could barely swallow and was running a low-grade fever.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Started Stage 4 today! Did everyone do 2 sets or 3 in this stage? I did two today because that just works better with my time frame at the gym...but it felt like cheating! The split leg exercises just take so much longer tho. I think I'll aim for 3 sets next time.

Did a great 5 mile run yesterday - back in race training, but afterwards I was STARVING. This is going to be a challenge for my eating.

keep killing it ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    emgel - I did 3 sets in Stage 4.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I bought some unsalted raw almonds in the bulk food section at the supermarket. 25 almonds is about 175 calories. 2 Tbsp of hummus on a sandwich is an extra 50 calories a day or as a veggie dip. Half an avocado is 150+ calories. 2% milk has 120 calories versus 80 in skim milk, I use 2% for my after workout protein shake. Full fat cheese and cottage cheese. 2 Tbsp of peanut butter is a couple hundred calories, eating it on sliced apples is a good snack.

Those are a few of the things I incorporated to try to boost my calories that isn't a huge volume of food to eat.
  • lcuconley
    Options
    I had a GREAT lifting session yesterday! I went up on every lift. Even lunges, which was not in the plan, but I could not find the 22.5 pound weights anywhere!

However, pushing it on the weights yesterday afternoon made getting out of bed at 530 this am a No-Go. Hopefully I will get a run in later today!

Emgel - I agree that split leg exercises are a pain because they take so long! I love them though because they are so hard!

jcjs - sorry that you are still feeling cruddy!

rachie - you might not need the chocolate (i do!), but make sure that you are getting enough calories.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    fratgirl - Nice job on the deadlift! Woohoo!!

emgel - I also did 3 sets in Stage 4

rachie - I totally understand when you have extra calories left how easy it is to fill it with junk food. Even if you are trying to cut out those kinds of calories, make sure you are still getting enough every day.

lcu - Great job on increasing weights!

So far, so good on the streak. I'm 10/10. Thinking I should have done a water streak though. I've been so bad about getting in enough, especially on the weekends. Will keep working on it.
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    rachie - you'll love Stage 2. I PROMISE.

Beeps don't lie to the girl! :laugh:

Seriously, I hated Stage 2 because of all the fussy single leg split leg stuff but it works and I'm stronger for it. And now here I am at Stage 4 and repeating all those fussy single leg split leg things and I'm stronger still.

You'll love to hate it rachie!

HAha, thanks. However I feel about it, I HAVE to see it through. Its not a long stage, I will make it work!!!!
    ]

I hated stage 2 at first, then grew to like it sort of. Then Stage 3 came and I hated it. Then Stage 4, which was a repeat of 2, made me truly appreciate and like Stage 2. Plus I did it SO much better the second time around. Stage 5 is a repeat of 3 and I still hate it. :-/

Did everyone do the interval training part of stage 2? How did you find it?

I have three more stage one workouts and then the AMRAPs to go in Stage 1.
  • lcuconley
    Options
    [/quote]

Did everyone do the interval training part of stage 2? How did you find it?

I have three more stage one workouts and then the AMRAPs to go in Stage 1.
    [/quote]

I did the intervals most of the time. They are a heck of a workout!!