Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sorry Beeps! I meant to have my totals in and totally forgot. Still trying to organize the house.

I hit my goal 6 days out of 7 :D
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Manic - good for u!

Sam- sorry to hear you are having a rough time!

Beeps - thanks for keeping us on track. I KNOW I wd not have lifted today without your scorekeeping!

Lb2ll- good job being at your protein goal! I find it really hard. Got some egg whites too help. How many days are you going to run per week?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Took unplanned rest week, well four days anyway. TOM fatigue just about killed me. THank God I carpool, and my passenger kept me awake on the drive home. I was actually under by quite a bit today. My PMS binge in over. I think it hit harder than normal because my BC limits my cycles and this is the first "real" one in months. (TMI)

Sue glad Hubby came home :)

THanks Chubby, and I think I just may join you for supercharged next month.

Thanks Sam!

I'm going to be off on my workouts this week. The nurse came today during my normal workout time and I have a whole lot of runnng around to do. Have to pick up supplies for Mike's wound, groceries etc. I can't workout after 7 and sleep well so I doubt I'll get anything more than some walking in today.

I bought Supercharged too, though I have a long way to go before I consider that one. I might do some work with the trainer - he has an awesome physique and is training for competition. I think I want to see what he suggests for some long term workouts.

Oh yea, just a quick update, the nurse changed Mike's wound vac dressing and I could look into the wound! Amazing progress. Everything is nice and red and healthy, the wound is healing from the bottom up and everything looks so much better!!!! I am feeling more confident that this might be behind us!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. I just did a yoga workout on my iPad. If I am going to try to workout every day, one of those days MUST be yoga. I feel great!!

...and I don't NEED a yoga class...just do it!

Sue - glad to hear that mike is doing well. Those home nurses are great!!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in real quick. I have been so out of the loop, mostly lurking. I managed to get to the gym a few times this week, finished two more stage 6 workouts, ran a little, and did some HIIT. Tried to stop the sugar/carb binge that I've been on since November. I'm slowing turning it around.

I started New Rules to maintain my muscle while I lost weight. Then I fell in love with lifting and I've become a ton stronger. Amazingly so. I agree that people confuse muscle gains with strength gains.

lcuconley - being the competitive person I am, I had to see how many pushups in a row I can do. Literally just now. :) I was able to do 25, so you got me beat....for now. But I'm aiming for 30! :) I have always had way more upper body strength. Pushups have never been a problem for me, but I do worry about enhancing my linebacker look if I do too many (that's how I'm built). So I'm on the fence about doing the 100 pushups thing.

cowgirl - Huge congrats for finishing this program!!! Amazing. You'll have to post pics and tell us the details about your journey, from Stage 1 to Stage 7.

Sue - So glad your husband was released. I hope things continue to go well. I, too, am amazed at your support to your hubby and dedication to your health and exercise. Most people would crack under the stress.

Beeps - Scales are evil. I magically gained 3.5 lbs last Monday, then realized it was TOM. I'm hoping at least some of those are gone at tomorrow's weigh in. I only weigh in once a week. I could not BEAR to see the scale go up and down every few days (just due to regular fluctuations).

Rach - congrats on finishing Stage 1! I can't remember how long stage 2 took. I want to say an hour? I just know that Stages 2-5 were much longer than Stage 1. When I did HIIT, I was at the gym a good 75 minutes.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm going to do a long walk today and that's about it!!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I toook the husband to the gym with me and tried the new stage 2 exercises. He helped me with form and also helped me with push ups. I have been using the window sill and really not getting anywhere.

I think I will like stage 2. Its certainly a lot tougher than stage 1, but I have high hopes.

I start tomorrow
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Finished up Stage 1 Week 5 Saturday and finally hit 105# on my squat! I was so proud, and got a nod of respect from one of the guys working out. Still hoping to hit at least 100# on my deadlift before I finish stage one this week.
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone -

I did workout 2B1 today. Not the best workout...just not feelin' it...but it is done. (Well, I need to do the planks a bit later. I ran out of time.)

So, a word about push-ups. I was so happy last week to have done 29 push-ups, that I was bragging at dinner last week. My husband and daughter both said "nose to the ground?" and I said "well, my bangs hit the ground most times" and they rolled their eyes. So, when I went to the gym on Friday, I was sure to do nose-to-ground, and that last inch REALLY matters. So, I am going to start over with the 100push-up workout on Wednesday with, as beeps always tells us, PERFECT form.

jcjs - congrats on 105!! good luck on the deads!

rachie - your man sounds like a gem! Have fun today!

km - be strong!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the Oscars. I ate A TON of junk food. I shall NOT weigh myself until Thursday.

That is all.

PS - I get to lift, today....and I'll get 3 x lifting sessions in this week, before I leave for Palm Springs on Sunday. This is all very good!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    lcu, I plan on running on T/Th/Sun and possible a small jog on Saturdays but if I'm not up to one of the weekend days I will use it as a complete rest day. T/Th will be a mix of interval sprints and tempo runs. I'm following an intermediate program that typically has me doing about 5 days a week of running so it will be drastically cut to incorporate NROL. Should be interesting to see how this all goes.

rachie, I am liking stage 2 so far so I hope you will!

jcj, awesome job with the squats!

beeps, I hate a lot of crap food last night for the hockey game. No bueno.

Tonight is S2A3 workout. If I have time I might incorporate a 3rd set.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I didn't like Stage 2 at first. It was so different. Then Stage 3 started and I REALLY didn't like it. Stage 4 was a repeat of Stage 2 and made me realize how much I actually liked Stage 2 exercises and had gotten better at them magically. Keep at it Stage 2-ers!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    km - thanks for the encouragement!

lb2ll - there are half marathon training programs that are less than 5 days a week. Have you considered one of those, rather than modifying a 5x/week program? are you doing it with someone?

beeps - i had 2 apple fritters yesterday. We went to this amazing place that takes apple slices, dips them in batter and fries them. WOW! Had no idea how to log it, but I "think* that it fit in my calorie target. Have fun lifting today!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    lcu, Yes, in fact I've used those to train for non halfs in the past. I just really like this program. For me, a running program isn't set in stone... it is just a basis to build from. I also like this one because it has races scheduled along the way that will fit in with races I plan to run. For me it's mostly about speed work and long runs so I think I can squeeze that in 3-4 days pretty easily.
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I did S2A1 yesterday, and although I was totally freaking out about the front squat push press, it was not as scary as I thought it would be - only did it with the bar (24kg) and I will keep it at that weight until I am sure my form is perfect (and then I will have to put baby 1.25kg weights on the end I think). Certainly got a sweat up, and the lunges certainly made themselves felt - my my butt!

I enjoyed the workout, but it was with my trainer, so they are always good sessions. Workout B1 tomorrow. Will do S2A2 on Fri, and S2B2 on Monday, and then I think I will take a week off....might even try to do a "Whole 30" for March - really want to see those measurements go down.

Hope everyone is having a great time.
    M
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My personal trainer e-mailed me this morn because he had a cancellation...so, I hopped on over to the gym and tried TRX!!!

Boy, did I LOVE IT!! Loved it. Maybe it was just nice to have someone to work-out with....maybe it was just the "novelty" or "newness" of the equipment. I don't know....but, it was such a NICE CHANGE OF PACE from what I've been doing, and, yep, I'm pretty sure I'll feel DOMs tomorrow.

PERFECT!

We did some squats, which included just regular squats, as well as some overhead squats and even some one-legged (assisted) pistol squats!

We did some push-ups, which included some burpee-style exercises (hated these!).

We did some lunges which included reverse lunges, curtsy lunges, as well as something more like a side-to-side thing-a-ma-doey.

We did some rows, including some one-armed ones.

We did some planks, including front planks, side planks and also some kind of "wood-chop" style twisty-abs.

We did some chest flys and some reverse flys. LOVED THESE! (Haven't been doing enough chest work, I don't think, in my current routine!)

Tried some "specializations" - so, some work on my lazy glutes, some bi's, some tri's, and a bit of shoulders.

I am so warm and cozy just now....as if my muscles have had a really good session - haven't felt this "feeling" in awhile and I'm just really happy with today's work-out.

It was MORE "cardio"-like than I prefer, but, that's okay. I did a 3-min row to warm-up and about 10-mins of stretching/rumble-rolling at the end.

I have one more personal training session on Wednesday, we'll do some more TRX, and then I'm on my own, again....
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I didn't like Stage 2 at first. It was so different. Then Stage 3 started and I REALLY didn't like it. Stage 4 was a repeat of Stage 2 and made me realize how much I actually liked Stage 2 exercises and had gotten better at them magically. Keep at it Stage 2-ers!

Thanks I hope so. I like the change up and different moves, but at the same time don't feel very good at them. And feel like I'm simultaneously tired/exhausted from all the moves, but somehow not making much progress and not doing anything for my muscles either. On the one hand 2 sets of 10 feels short and like it's not enough of a workout for my muscles. On the other hand, the idea of doing any more sets after I've finished 2 just seems crazy. And by the end I'm thinking thank goodness this thing is over with. I think I have heard others say stage 2 feels short, but to me it feels long! Oh well, with only 8 workouts total should go by pretty quickly.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    blues - it's totally okay to do 3 sets if that is going to make you feel like you "worked out". Go for it!

Don't worry about the "progression", just yet (that's coming, again, in Stage 4) - worry about PERFECT FORM!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Mcbell, the FSPP is the real deal. Sounds like you've got them down.

Beeps, that sounds like a KILLER workout.

Blues, I agree with Beeps and KM. Stage 2 is about getting your form on the exercises. Once you get to Stage 4, you'll feel much more confident. Focus on your FORM. I wish I had done this more in the earlier Stages. Also, if you're not feeling it in your muscles, maybe you're not getting LOW enough on those lunges and split squats, etc. One of the things that I keep reading over and over in regards to lifting is that your muscles should ALWAYS be pushed to fatigue by the end of the workout. Lou reiterates this in Supercharged. That's when you get results. I'm sure you're doing fine, just keep at it!

Did another Stage 7 workout today. I have such a love-hate relationship with these darn workouts. I HATE, HATE them while I'm doing it. But I feel so incredibly awesome when I'm done.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Oh, and funny thing. I lost 3/4" in my calves in the past month. Last month I lost 3/4" from my thighs. I guess my body loses fat from one place at a time.
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    WOW. Just did stage 2 A. What a workout. It kicked my butt. I was getting all confident on stage 1, then BAMB, they hit you with this. I feel like an out of shape weakling again. I have high hopes for this stage, my guns are forming under my fat!!!!