Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, it's time to report for the LAST WEEK OF THE FEBRUARY STREAK CHALLENGE!

jennie - do I record a "4" or a "6" for you for this last week?

For me, I haven't had any streak longer than my Sat-Sun-Mon work-outs....that gives me a "3". I REALLY pooped out at the end of this challenge, lol.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I got 6 days on the challenge this week!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    crap I have sucked this month. I broke a tooth early in the month, pretty sure I whined about that, and it set me back big time. extraction and root canals and sick kids kept me out of the gym for a couple of weeks. now this week my daughter has a badly sprained ankle/foot and we are sticking close to home to keep her off of it. I am going to get some gym time this weekend though when the hubs is home. Not sure if I will be able to lift, because of a crowded weekend gym, but I am going to get in there and do something.

February streak challenge I bit it bad. I think I only got a week total MAYBE...will do better next time we do a challenge. sorry for not reporting in Beeps...when I am not lifting or doing NROL sometimes I feel unworthy of posting here. :ohwell:
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    HA I think I did 4 days consecutively this week. It's funny, when I don't do a challenge I will do weeks worth of streaks and now that I'm in a challenge I can't get more than a few days it seems.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, it's time to report for the LAST WEEK OF THE FEBRUARY STREAK CHALLENGE!

jennie - do I record a "4" or a "6" for you for this last week?

For me, I haven't had any streak longer than my Sat-Sun-Mon work-outs....that gives me a "3". I REALLY pooped out at the end of this challenge, lol.

I did a poopy 5/7 this week - bleh :ohwell:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I AM EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT TODAY!

I know photos are tomorrow. I know measurements are tomorrow. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!?!?!

holy crap....I am SO pissed off at myself at this moment in time. I need to just CUT IT OUT.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Beeps - I had to go way back and double check. It should be a 5 for the last week. Not sure where I got the other numbers.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    This last week I had three trips to the gym and 6 days under cals. Not as bad as I thought. Apparently I do better Thursday to Thursday. Sunday to Sunday I suck.

I'm having fun with repeating stage one. Doing two sets of 12 to build strength. When I get back over 100lbs I'll move on. I feel so weak lifting 65 lame lbs. However, I've been using my phone to track my workout because my journal got damaged. As I was putting my sets and weights, I noticed that this time last year I doing BW lunges. I hadn't even started weight lunges. Well I guess I came a very LONG WAY. So those of you in the early stages, you have a lot to look forward to. Never be disappointed about the weights you use.

Last night I decided to do double workout. I did my half hour of stage one lifting followed by my kick *kitten* zumba class. not sure I'll be doing that again. Needless to say I sweat through my good bra to the point that I actually had two boob shaped circles on the front of my shirt. I am exhausted.
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am a 5 for this weeks streak - had some maaaaajor alcohol consumption last Saturday at the Pat Benetar concert so that was my cheat meal (although really it was a liquid cheat day almost, had breakfast and nothing else solid for the rest of the day).

Rest of the week has gone spendidly since I have started the Whole 30.

Am still really really tired though. I woke up feeling not so tired this morning (which was awesome), but then I remembered I had taken a one hour nap after work last night before groceries - so that probably helped.

Stage 2 A2 today - will keep most of my weights the same I think.....concentrate on form, and I don't want to hurt myself because I am so tired. I am actually looking forward to taking a week off the gym after Monday.

Hope all else are doing swimmingly!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi all -

I am behind on this thread...will catch up tomorrow. I am 6/7 this week.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Samantha - 65 lame pounds.... hahaha, my heaviest lift is about that. Zumba after lifting? Oh, no, the lifting itself makes me exhausted, if I do it during the day I end up taking a nap, or if I do it in the evening then its early to bed. I think I am eating plenty so I guess that means I'm just old. LOL! I am amazed at what I have been able to do so far, feel great, starting to see my body change, looking forward to more!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Last night was 5x400m and I did a beginner WOD involving burpees, jump squats, crunches, and bicycle kicks. I was a sweaty mess when I left the gym.

Tonight is S2B3. I will try and add in a third set if I have time.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    BEEPS maybe you do it because you know subsconsciously that this stuff really doesn't matter to the real you? I know we all want to look great, but it's really about getting and staying healthy, and getting and keeping our bodies in good physical shape so we can live well and hopefully long? Just for me, I know if I criticize myself I'm more inclined to continue the binge. You're gorgeous, pictures on one day don't change that, nor does overeating one day!

Sam you are totally nuts hun. Of course, I'm doing the same thing tomorrow. I'm lifting and spinning but I'm doing upper body with my trainer to focus on my weak spots (shoulders!! wings!!) and I'm TRYING spinning for the first time. 65 lame? I don't think so ladies! No matter what sort of lift.

Today is a rest day and a wound change for Mike. ANOTHER new nurse and she didn't even know Mike had a wound vac or a 9" wound. I don't know if that's because she hasn't read his file or if the "meeting" that was supposed to happen yesterday with the other nurse and the main offices didn't really happen, but it really makes me angry that there is no continuity of service with VNA of NJ.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sue - enjoy your rest day! And enjoy your first spin class...you will LOVE it!

LB2LL - that sounds like an AWESOME workout. Have fun with 2B tonight!

Deks - as long as we keep up the working out, we will be reversing the hands of time...you are NOT old!

McBell - what is the Whole 30? Benatar sounds like a blast!

beeps - oh, hang it there! just think where you would be if you had the same cheat day and you had not been working so hard the rest of the week! Sometimes, we EARN those!

Sam - sounds like a GREAT trip to the gym.

Gadenni - hang in there...March will be better!
    So, this am was another morning that I did not get out of bed after a late soccer game. Send some positive vibes my way to push me to the gym at some other point today!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    BEEPS maybe you do it because you know subsconsciously that this stuff really doesn't matter to the real you? I know we all want to look great, but it's really about getting and staying healthy, and getting and keeping our bodies in good physical shape so we can live well and hopefully long? Just for me, I know if I criticize myself I'm more inclined to continue the binge. You're gorgeous, pictures on one day don't change that, nor does overeating one day!

Maybe that's it. Because I do the SAME thing, BEEPS. I know for me, I will "rebel" from time to time not wanting to feel confined to a diet or I will "celebrate" when I've lost. I have a strange relationship with food that involves a lot of emotional eating. I eat when I'm happy, sad, anxious, etc. Had a tough day yesterday; DH and I are going through some stuff and if you look at my diary, you can see where I overate.

But then there's days when I'm just ravenous for no other reason that I truly believe my body is needing some fuel. I guess the main thing is to not beat yourself up about it. I'm sure one day won't affect your measurements.

I had written a long post the other day that got eaten by the Interweb demons, so I'll quickly say that I got to the gym only twice this week, but lifted and got some running in. Just have two more Stage 6 workouts left and then I'm ready for Stage 7. I can't believe I have made it this far. I will try to do some exercise today, but it will be hard with work and the fact I need to clean my house (having friends over tomorrow).

Happy Friday Ladies!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Today is a rest day and a wound change for Mike. ANOTHER new nurse and she didn't even know Mike had a wound vac or a 9" wound. I don't know if that's because she hasn't read his file or if the "meeting" that was supposed to happen yesterday with the other nurse and the main offices didn't really happen, but it really makes me angry that there is no continuity of service with VNA of NJ.

I'm convinced that everyone must have a caring person in their life, loved one, friend, someone keeping on top of what is going on with your medical care to question and catch any possible oversights. Especially if your illness is one that clouds your own reasoning capacity.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    END OF FEBRUARY STREAK CHALLENGE RESULTS:

Presentation1_zpse1881d0d.jpg

While there isn't a *clear* winner, this chart demonstrates that:

jenniet04
    lcuconley
    chubbycowgirl

through the month of February, ran a streak AT LEAST AS LONG AS 14 DAYS (maybe longer....cannot completely tell from the spreadsheet).

THAT IS AWESOME, LADIES!!

CONGRATULATIONS to all the challengers....you did a really good job at incorporating a "new" and "awesome" habit into your fitness/nutrition regimen and you should be VERY proud of yourselves!!]

KEEP IT GOING!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    and
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm totally gonna...
  • Beeps2011
    Options