Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Rachie - I want to try crossfit after I am done with NROLFW...either that or a personal trainer that kicks my but like crossfit.

beeps - I'm up for that challenge...

I did an awesome spin class at lunchtime today...
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My body still hurts fro Crossfit. I have to lift tomorrow and I'm afraid to.
    I'm not sure if I will try it again, If I do it will be when I finish NROL4W.

Its snowing still.... has been all day.
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I thought I would jump in and answer the QOTD.

I went to college at Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI. I have an accounting degree and am a CPA, but have been a SAHM for over four years now.

I don't have a particular favorite color, but love all blues.

I have 4 kids ages 11, 10, 4 and 19 months. As you can imagine, I have loads of extra time to work out (OK, not really - I can hardly fit in the NROL4W workouts right now).

I do work out at the gym. Fortunately, it has all the equipment I need. It's a local gym owned by a guy who retired from the business world. He essentially bought his own gym. It's great because there is such a mix of people there. It's also a Silver Sneakers gym, so many times it's me, the geriatric crowd, and the bros in the weight room (I've only run into females twice so far). Currently, my youngest hates the childcare, so I have to workout at night. My other option is going at 4:30 a.m., but I haven't figured out how to make that work. I will start walking once this cruddy weather stops and it's at least comfortable for the youngest to be in the jogging stroller while the 4-year old is at preschool, which leads into the last question.......

Yes, we still have snow on the ground. It snowed yesterday and today. It's unseasonably cold. I'm so over winter.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Can't wait for my lifting tomorrow (A14) - this two day break is killing me (last lifted on Saturday, I do Tu, Th, Sat for now).
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    My lifting session was MUCH better, today, than it was on Friday....so, that's a good thing! And, it's MONDAY, so I figure it's as good a day as any to make sure my calories are low, low, low!

I'm doing a step-cardio class tonight!! Yep, that's right, I confess right here that I'll try and squish in a little bit more cardio now that spring/summer are around the corner!

Alas, in order to try and feel "full", I'm going to permit myself one diet pop per day. I've SWORN off diet pop for a very long time, but, I NEED that crutch, for now, as I head into "final cut". So, don't swear at me for drinking diet dr. pepper daily....just recognize it for what it is....once I've finished cutting, then I'll eliminate the diet pop, again. NO problem!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    No snow here! I live Charlotte, NC. It's sunny and in the low 50s. I don't miss the snow.

Pretty bummd today because I have officially plateaued. As a result, I sulked and did some emotional eating today. Not good. I think I'm going to eat at maintenance for a while -- whatever that is. I'm going to TRY 1800 calories and continue my exercise regimen. I'm going to *attempt* to do this through April. Starting May, I'll focus back on cutting. Two reasons: 1) I need a break from dieting and I'm bummed from this plateau and 2) I need to get enough calories while training for my half marathon.

Because I was in such a mood, I didn't lift today. Today was supposed to be my LAST NEW RULES WORKOUT. Can you believe it? I'm kinda sad. I'm going to get up early tomorrow and finish. *sniff sniff*
  • lcuconley
    Options
    kmsai - upping your calories is probably a good idea. when I did my half-marathon training, I was running 25ish miles per week...that's pretty many calories hope you do great on your lifting tomorrow morning!!

beeps - enjoy your step class. i decided years ago that i dont have the knees and ankles (or coordination!) needed, but now that I am stronger, I might try it again...

luv - nice to meet you! Wow 4 kids under 12...I think you and gadenni win the kid balancing prize! Have a great workout tomorrow!

i had a delicious brocollini and yellow pepper sautee over a bed of barley/lentil/quinoa mixed with egg whites for dinner tonight. guess I am done for the night....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kmsai - I hope you finish NROL4W as *strong* as you started it!!! I know you really liked the program and I know that your fat loss has been AMAZE-BALLS! So, don't give up!! You're awesome and one day of "emotional eating" isn't going to wreck all of the great progress you've made!!

lcuconley - your dinner sounds SUPER-YUMMY!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much to catch up on. We went out of town over the weekend and I lurked on the iPad but didn't post. It was nice to get away and I took the kids shopping while DH did his thing.

K, I have a hard time believing your TDEE is only 1800 calories? Lifting AND running sure does burn a lot. You've had such great progress, I'm sure you'll come out of this soon. Sounds like you've got a good plan in place!

Beeps, I'm in for that challenge. Even though I eat a lot to lose, I still struggle with going over. It'd be another great way to stay accountable. I hear you on the diet pop. I still keep diet pepsi in the refrigerator for when I need something sweet and filling without the cals.

Rach, I would LOVE to try CrossFit. But I don't think I could rationalize the COST. It's ridiculous around here and I don't think I'd get my money's worth. And I'm very competitive and would probably push myself too hard and hurt something really bad.

QOTD: My favorite color is currently purple. Especially paired with turquoise. I have 3 kids (almost 5, 3.5, and 19 months). I'm done using them as an excuse for why I'm not fit. I work out in a ladies only gym that has an amazing weight set-up that no one else uses (at least that I've seen). I never have to wait for anything. Love it! No snow for us right now.

I started Basic Training II (Stage 2) in Supercharged today. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. The scale and tape measure have been nice to me lately. I guess it's the results of diligently logging EVERY bite....that's the only thing that I've changed in the past three months. I went through my Summer clothes and all of my shorts that were too tight last year are too big. Yay for smaller clothes!
  • fratgirl713
    Options
    I am having a lazy day off today. I might even have a glass of wine tonight, I think it fits my macros! lol

I am up for the challenge Beeps, count me in!

QOTD
    yes, it snowed here. It looked like Mother Nature shook a snow globe in my neck of the woods this morning. ( lcu, it was worse west of the city!) I also want the groundhog to pay for getting my hopes up. Spring better get here soon, I may have to put out a contract on his furry little *kitten*.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Kmsai - I feel your pain! I have been in a plateau for over 6 months now. It does get very frustrating, but I try to focus on the fact that I am getting stronger. It helps, but the scale does sometimes get the best of me! Also, I am jealous of your weather. Woke up to snow again! They better put that groundhog in protective custody!!

Beeps - I would like to join too! Make me accountable for my calories!!

Today is lifting day! Will be doing S2A4. Hard to believe, but I am ready to move on!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    FAIL... FAILURE...FAIL.

Okay, now that I got that out I'm good :) Last night as you can tell didn't go as planned. I was supposed to get a lifting workout in but my out of control migraine and strange abdominal pain had other ideas. Today I'm feeling MUCH better thank goodness. I still feel like I'm in the post migraine fog where it may or may not come back.

I already know it was food related. This weekend I had a lot of sugar and drank coffee and caffeinated tea. I'm sure my body was going through withdrawals. Last night's dinner ended up being french fries (that is hard to admit) that my husband got with his take out because I was too ill to cook. Today's food is looking superb and I'm hoping yesterday was all of the fight my body will give me so I can get in an easy run tonight. Less than two weeks until race time!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    good morning ALL!!! Feeling great, now that I have recovered from my kicka** workout this am, 3B1.

QUESTION of the day: have you ever been camping?

LB2LL - sorry to hear that your migraine got the best of you! At least you have a handle on the causes and how you are going to move forward.

jcjs - have a GREAT lifting session!

frat - did you enjoy your wine last night? I love it when I get to the end of the day and have the calories left over for a treat!

kmsai - I have to say that my first thought when I read your 1800 TDEE was exactly what cowgirl said...but you are petite, right?

cowgirl - It is hard to justify the expense of a program like crossfit...that is how i felt when i worked out with a personal trainer. Yea, the workout is better, but how much better? (sometimes 100%, because I would not have gone, but not often.) TRX at my gym is probably the less expensive option...beeps loved it. congrats on the too-big shorts!!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    LB2LL - glad you're feeling better today.

I had a failure too this morning. The hsband decided he wasn't going to the gym, so I just went back to bed. I should of got my *kitten* up and lifted, but did'nt. Now I'm mad at myself. I will go to the gym after work and try and lift, its small and always crowded after work. If I can't lift I will do cardio, but I will do something.

Camping - as a kid this was our holidays every year for a long time. First tents, then caravans. I loved it. Now I live here, my husband hates it and we don't go. He likes a good bed, hotel and bar!!!! I miss camping.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Rachie that's a good attitude to have! If my plans get messed up by how crowded the gym is I often get really discouraged and stretch and make a quick exit. I need that " I WILL do something" attitude sometimes!

Camping: I've never been but some family members go pretty often. Maybe one of these years we will go... I think it would be a blast.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    TO CHALLENGERS:

Here is who has "signed up", so far, that I can see:

Date: Apr. 1, 2013
    Handle of Participant Weekly alotted calories

Beeps 2011
    emgel9
    lcuconley
    chubbycowgirl
    fratgirl713
    jcjsjones

PLEASE POST HERE WHAT YOUR "WEEKLY" ALOTTED CALORIES ARE GOING TO BE, SO THAT I CAN ENTER THAT INTO THE CHART. (Mine are 9,800 calories for the week.)

The contest will run for 4 weeks, beginning Monday, April 1, 2013. So, a "week", for purposes of THIS "star" challenge, is Mon - Sun.

Please post, every single Monday, HOW MANY calories you netted for the week before, and I'll put the chart up on each Tuesday.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Well the bright side is I'll have to start logging my food again. Maintenance is a very dangerous thing.
    I work out at a gym, LA FItness to be exact. I LOVE it. I just wish they had a TRX studio for my husband.
    It snowed in NJ yesterday but you got snow or rain fairly randomly

I'm taking a fake Saturday today. My kids are home for Spring Break but Mine is Next week :angry: No childcare means Mommy and Daddy each have to lose a day of work this week. I chose today because I had a wisdom tooth pulled last night. I'm lounging today. I hate mush diet. Just not filing enough and unsatisfying.No exercise for a couple days either.

Looking forward to starting lifting for life in April!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I guess my weekly total would be 12,488. Does that seem like a lot? I guess I'm not used to looking at my calories in that fashion. :ohwell:

ETA: I need to answer today's question. Being from Kentucky, it is sort of a "rite of passage" to go camping. Yes, I have been camping. Do I enjoy going? Depends on your definition of camping. My ideal camping trip is using a camper with electricity, running water, a private bathroom, and a shower. Oh, and a bed. I do not enjoy sleeping on the ground while getting eaten by mosquitoes.

I do LOVE to go fishing, cook hot dogs (and s'mores) on a bonfire, riding horses, and go swimming in a lake. My country girl card has not yet been revoked! LOL!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Beeps - I am going to go with 12600 for the challenge. That's 1500 per day and assuming eating back a 300 calorie workout every day.

I have not been camping since 92. Not sure why, base I really like it. I just LOVE hiking. Will need to make sure I get plans made this summer.

Samantha - yeah for fake Saturdays! What have you got planned for next week when the kids are in school and YOU are off? Speedy recovery for your tooth extraction!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Painting my stairwell and going to the state house for a protest lol.And yes sleep, lots of sleep. I love camping it, and PREFER the tent style, though I prefer a hot shower too. We love hiking in the woods. Believe it or not we still have plenty in NJ.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I totally hate camping...I'm never climbing inside a tent for the rest of my life, nor an RV, nor anything else of the sort! Frankly, even boats are just RV's on water....

samntha- my (very brief) visit to TRX was the HI-LITE of my 2013, so far. Loved it!

jcjsjones - who knows if 12,488 is too many?? Everything depends on height, current weight, what your goals are, etc., etc. So, if that is the total of 7 days-worth of calories for YOU, then it is what it is!