Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I've only been camping a few times in my life, but I loved it. Last time I went camping was with the hubby not long after we were married. We spent two nights in the Grand Canyon hiking across it. It was AMAZING. We had very little gear- one set of clothes, some food, a light-weight mat to sleep on, and lots of water. We'll do it again someday.

Beeps, put me down for 13,500(1900+/day). That seems to be a good number for me right now. I don't go by net, so this will be total calories (gets too confusing with the BodyMedia).
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    TO CHALLENGERS:

Here is who has "signed up", so far, that I can see:

Date: Apr. 1, 2013
    Handle of Participant Weekly alotted calories

Beeps 2011
    emgel9
    lcuconley
    chubbycowgirl
    fratgirl713
    jcjsjones

PLEASE POST HERE WHAT YOUR "WEEKLY" ALOTTED CALORIES ARE GOING TO BE, SO THAT I CAN ENTER THAT INTO THE CHART. (Mine are 9,800 calories for the week.)

The contest will run for 4 weeks, beginning Monday, April 1, 2013. So, a "week", for purposes of THIS "star" challenge, is Mon - Sun.

Please post, every single Monday, HOW MANY calories you netted for the week before, and I'll put the chart up on each Tuesday.

Beeps I'm sorry, include me too. My weekly will be 11800 as a max.

Answering todays question - nope, no camping for me! I don't like being cold, I don't like having to walk to whatever "area" to pee and I always have to get up at night to do that. My camping days are long behind me! I will occassionally fish. I like sitting on the water as long as there aren't a bunch of other boats around. My mom & I used to really enjoy fishing together. I love horseback riding, and don't mind swimming in a lake or the ocean, but it's been quite a while since I've felt comfortable enough to put on a bathing suit, never mind swim. That's changing!

Ok, i get to brag - I knew I wasn't going to have enough time to do my S5A workout today so worked chest, shoulders, back with my trainer plus did DB SLDL - tada a new PR!! 120# total but even better actually held 60# DBs for the first time ever!! I am feeling pretty awesome!
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    TO CHALLENGERS:

Here is who has "signed up", so far, that I can see:

Beeps 2011
    emgel9
    lcuconley
    chubbycowgirl
    fratgirl713
    jcjsjones

PLEASE POST HERE WHAT YOUR "WEEKLY" ALOTTED CALORIES ARE GOING TO BE, SO THAT I CAN ENTER THAT INTO THE CHART. (Mine are 9,800 calories for the week.)

The contest will run for 4 weeks, beginning Monday, April 1, 2013. So, a "week", for purposes of THIS "star" challenge, is Mon - Sun.

Please post, every single Monday, HOW MANY calories you netted for the week before, and I'll put the chart up on each Tuesday.

Hi Guys

Have been awol for a bit! I would like to join in on the calorie restriction challenge as I am "Whole30'ing" for April - so this will get me back logging my eats.

My weekly max will be 9,100 as I have discovered that eating at 1500 daily for a month just made me gain (please do't judge me :smile: )!

So just to check, the first date to report our calories is the 8th?
    I should be fairly early to report being in NZ.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Gotcha down chubbycowgirl, suelegal and mcbellnz.

The challenge starts April 1st...that means the first week (7 days total) of calories will be Monday, April 1st through Sunday, April 7th.

Whether you report your total on April 7th or April 8th, I'm easy about that!

The first-week-challenge-results chart will be posted on Tuesday, April 9th.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Thanks for running our new challenge beeps! Just to be clear, I am doing total cals for the week like cowgirl.

Mcbell - I won't judge you for low calories if you won't judge me for refusing to accept my low metabolism!

Sue - that is awesome!!! Congrats!
  • fratgirl713
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

@ Sue - Great Job! Congrats on the PR! It always makes me feel very studly to reach a new level : )

Beeps, for the challenge I am at 14,000 cal per week, (trying to increase that muscle!).

lcu - the wine was delish, my husband is a sommelier so it's a bit of a weakness for me

I never went camping til I met my husband who has an Italian background. I thoroughly recommend camping with Italians! Lattes for breakfast and kick butt meals. We used to go a couple of times a year and my only rule is I need to have access to a hot shower and a toilet seat somewhere, I am not peeing in a bush. Our kids are just getting to the age of trying camping so maybe this year.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'M DONE WITH NEW RULES Y'ALL! :)

Had to do my final lifting session at the gym near my job because I overslept this morning. I must say it was kind of anticlimactic because I was out of my usual element, wasn't sure where the equipment was, etc. But I did it! AND I did 135 for my deadlift finally! I just went for it! :) I actually think I can lift a liiiiittle bit more. I don't know WHY I was so tentative with this in the beginning. I will try to get some before/after pix posted soon! :)

I'm sorry I'm not doing the challenge this go round cuz I'm struggling with calories and have decided to just do mainteance at 1800. Yes 1800, you ask? Well, let's see I'm 42 and 5'2" -- if I'm sedentary, my TDEE is 1750 (!!!). I guess when I first started this was accruate, but I'm more active now. So most likely my TDEE is more like 2000. I'm going to look into buying a BodyMedia or some kind of device.

Camping - I have been a few times when I was younger, but it's not really my thing.

fratgirl - ok, I might take that back. Camping with Italians sounds fun!

Sue - 60 lb dumbbells??? :noway: You are my new hero!

Cowgirl - camping in the Grand Canyon does sound like fun, I will admit. Throw in some Italians and perhaps I'll go!

Sam - agree with ya on the hiking. Love that. I actually love the outdoors. it's just sleeping in tents, being cold, and dealing with bugs and critters I'm not too keen on. In my younger days, booze helped and made camping LOTS of fun. :)

lcu - I'd actually like to hike more. I did it more when I lived in California, but there are some really nice trails here in NC too.

jcjs - I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to camping in style. ;)

Rachie - hope you got your workout in! I know the feeling...

LB2LL - glad you are feeling better today. Migraines are THE. WORST. What race are you doing? Are you ready??? (Mine is in 3.5 weeks - I'm a little nervous).

Beeps - You sound like more of a 5-star hotel kind of gal (vs. a tent gal). :). Thanks for the vote of confidence. I actually kept your words in mind today during my last workout: finish STRONG.

How's that for shoutouts!?!?!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Km, you ROCK! That is so awesome! Congrats :) My race is in a little over a week and I don't feel ready at all. I know I can easily do the distance but I'm competitive and I know that my time will be terrible since training has been sporadic at best.

I am counting myself out of the challenge for this next month. I just want to focus on getting everything back on track. I'm taking it easy for the workouts for the remainder of the week. I somehow have inflamed cartilage along my ribs and it HURTS. That was the weird pain I was feeling. So now I am migraine free but I need to get rid of this pain and then I will be back at it. The likelihood of getting in a solid long run before my race is now slim to none. Oh well. That's life sometimes, right?

Hope everyone kicks butt with their planned workouts today!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    LB2LL - you have had the injuries recently! Good luck getting back on track!

Kmsai - huge congrats!!! We look forward to following your race prep and next phase of lifting!

Frat - ooh a sommelier husband! I would never be able to avoid the alcohol with that kind do "support" on hand!

On that topic: QUESTION of the day: red or white wine?
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Todays answer - white wine. I do not like red wine unless it tastes like grape juice and is sweet.

So I did not make it to the gym last night. I drove home intending on going, got home, son was out so me and the hubby took advantage of an empty house, so I still worked out!!! TMI? Sorry.

I did go this morning, just cardio. I will lift tomorrow again. I can't wait, its stage 3 workout A. I am loving this workout.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wow I missed a lot! just a busy week at work so far!

I finished Stage 4!! FINALLY! It only took me a month longer than expected! I think I just need to accept the fact that I am a two day a week lifter and not a three day a week lifter.

Km - CONGRATS!!!!! That is so wonderful that you finished!! You and I were at the same stage at one time which just shows how far behind I've fallen!

LB2LL - I have also fallen WAY behind in my training for my race, but at least I know I can run the whole 10 miles (Cherry Blossom 10 milers for the third year in a row!). I can also be a little competitive on race day, but just try and remember: it's the same finish line for everyone!

Beeps - I am going to be a little difficult with my challenge. For the first week (leading up to my race) my weekly calories will be 13,300. After the first week my weekly calories will be 11,900.

Starting Stage 5 on Sunday - running until then!

O, the QOTD: I have been camping at sleep away camp so not entirely sure that counts (we were in the woods in tents though...) but it was not for me. I am with Beeps and the hotel. Although I love hiking and being outdoors.

And for today's question: all wine. i prefer sweet white wine but really i won't turn down any wine lol.
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Stage 2 today - I have a feeling the squats + step ups + lunges are going to kick my *kitten*! But I am really looking forward to this stage.
  • kmsairam
    Options
    On that topic: QUESTION of the day: red or white wine?

My answer to this is: YES :)
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Lcu, it seems that I have! The shoes solved all of the other issues... this is just weird and unfortunate! Hopefully this will be the LAST thing ;)

Em, I will have to keep that in mind! I don't want to run with a watch because I know I will be comparing my time to last year's race.

RED or WHITE: Both please :)
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    LB2LL: I'm sorry to hear that you're still hurting! Hoping you feel better quickly!

Sht: Stage 2 did work my butt! HA!! Hope you enjoy!!

Did S2A4 last night, and think I did well for my last workout. Did not increase weights too much this time, but I hear that's pretty normal for Stage 2.

QOTD: I am not a huge wine drinker, but it depends. I've had both that I've liked, and both that I haven't. rach: I'm with you, I prefer sweet over dry.....AND the best workout there is!! :blushing: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    OMG Kath how cool! Congrats on the deadlift and especially congrats on finishing STRONG! I bet you can DL even more than that!

LB, sorry you're hurting. I have never heard of hurting lung cartilege! I can't imagine how that feels! Hope you heal quickly!

Em, see you on the Stage 5 board! I'm loving this stage!

Sht, Stage 2 is challenging to say the least! and jcjs, Congrats on finishing Stage 2. I really felt like I didn't get much done in that stage but every little bit helps. I learned a lot about form and isolating muscles and it's all cumulative! I was much happier with my Stage 4 results.

So on to QOTD - None for me thanks! I don't drink, sober 19 years (you'd be glad of that if you'd ever seen me before)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow!! New stages being entered! Other stages being completed!!

It's a regular SUCCESS-SHOW in here! Yay!

My work-out, this lunch-time, was H-A-R-D. Hardest work-out I've done in awhile...here I thought it would be *me* setting the pace and stepping up the weights. Um, NOPEY...the work-out was written REALLY HARD! (The return of step-ups! 6 sets!!! Tons of lower body work - TONS of upper body work.)

I AM SPENT!!

My gym is now allowing children, aged 8 - 11, into the "group cardio classes", once the children have attended an orientation (with their parents). So, my daughter and I attended last night, and now she wants to do a cardio class tonight! So, I am having the nanny drop her off at the YMCA, after my work, and I'll meet them there....to put my runners BACK on and give it a whirl!

Literally, I've had 5 work-outs in 3 days!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...and, here's the UPDATED chart for the April-STAR challenge!

Anyone else gonna enter?? We don't actually 'start' until Monday, so there's plenty of time to GEAR UP for this CHALLENGE!

Beeps 2011 9,800
    emgel9 13,300/11,900
    lcuconley 12,600
    chubbycowgirl 13,500
    fratgirl713 14,000
    jcjsjones 12,488
    suelegal 11,800
    mcbellnz 9,100
  • fratgirl713
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Ladies!!

KM - CONGRATUALATIONS!!!! WOOHOO!!! You must be so proud of yourself, as well you should be. Lots of hard work going on in this board.

LBL - migraines suck, they are impossible to function with at all. I hope you are clear leading up to your race.

Shtallion - that workout is definitely "leg heavy" I was sure I would be hobbling around the next day but somehow it was my triceps that snuck up on me, go figure?

I did my second Stage 2 workout and bumped it up to 50lbs for the step ups. Feeling pretty pumped about that one! I was the only female in the weight area,,,,,, again. Love it when the guys ask if I am almost done in the squat rack (very politely, though), only to watch them do chin-ups for 15 minutes after that.

QOTD- I like both red and white wine but red is my fave. Amarone to be exact, mmmmmmmm. It goes well with chocolate, what's not to like!
  • kmsairam
    Options
    Beeps that's SO cool about being able to workout with your daughter!! I'm dating myself, but I remember going to aerobics class back in the early 80s with my mom when I was 11. We would wear matching tights and leotards and the instructor looked like Olivia Newton John from the Let's Get Physical video. I kid you not! Hey that was the cool thing back in the day and we definitely had the "look" down. Can you IMAGINE working out in tights and a leotard now (ballerinas excluded here)?!

Um, did you say 6 (as in SIX?!) sets of step ups? O. M. G. I barely finished 4 sets on my final workout the other day. I still love them, but after 3 sets I'm done .

Well, the day got the best of me and I did not exercise! ARGH. I really needed to run today but didn't. I was SO tired plus today was chaffeaur-everyone-around-day: school, work, baseball, daycare. I spent at least 2 hours in the car today. Didn't get much actual work done either, let alone a workout. Naturally that didn't stop me from stuffing my face. ;-/

I'll do better tomorrow, I promise!