2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    My lifting session was pretty good, today. And, I LEFT my stuff AT the gym (locked up, of course!) on PURPOSE so that I HAVE to go back there after work! Yes, I'll do my cardio class...

I guess I'll try and fit a little more cardio into my weeks now that spring/summer is nearly here....

And, I'll also confess HERE that I'm permitting myself one diet pop every afternoon. Truth-be-told, it is THE only thing that keeps me "feeling full" (and, yes, I've been drinking green tea, daily, since October and it doesn't have QUITE the same effect!)....and now that I'm in my "final cut", I just feel I NEED this crutch to keep my calories low.

Once the cut is DONE, then I can eliminate the diet pop, all over again. Since I really haven't had a daily diet pop habit for about, oh, 13 years, I'm not really worried about being able to "delete" it, at my leisure.
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome.I am looking forward to this challenge. I have my meals prepared for the week as well as my workout schedule. Have a great week.
  • Alex12smith
    Alex12smith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oooh can I join in please?

I've been on MFP before, but last time it didn't work for me - I deleted my account because I used to get too stressed when I didn't exactly know the calories of something and would have to guesstimate and then I'd be like, "this day is screwed anyway because I don't know exactly how much tomato was in that salad so my calorie count is out so I may as well binge on all the chocolate I want"..... But this time I'm taking a more relaxed approach and if I can't get it exactly right, I'm not worrying about it! I'm sure it all evens out anyway.

I have my calories set for 1200, but my real limit is 1500 (so that if I go over 1500 it looks like I'm over by way more, a little trick I play on myself) so my weekly cals are 10,500.

I think doing weekly calories is good as well because if you have a bad day (like my Monday, oops casual 2440 calories... great start to the challenge) you have a chance to make it up.

I'm not sure if you still do 2 week goals, but I have some stuff I'm trying to do, so I'm just going to note them here for accountability.. My other goals are to drink 8 glasses of water a day, and sleep for 8 hours each night.

Hope you're all having a good day!

P.S. If anyone wants to add me, I'm a little short of friends since I only just re-started my account ;)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alex! All kinds of new peeps!

Had a great day yesterday all around. My macros looked good, I got plenty of water, and just felt good. I didn't actually do anything other than my PT, but didn't really feel like I needed it like I usually do on Mondays (detox from the weekend). I took Eric and I's measurements and even made us a cute little binder for out lifting logs yesterday at work. The cover features my head on Jamie Eason's body and his head on some ripped 20 something shirtless boy's body. :smile: This morning we got up and lifted. He struggled but I know he will get stronger quickly and I'm excited for him to see progress and hope he sticks it out with me for the next 7 weeks. We've got our schedule up on the dry erase board in our kitchen. It feels good to have my workout out of the way already. I can come home after work and start getting dinner ready so I can have plenty of time to hang out with my kiddo. So I'm feeling really good! I'm off tomorrow and don't actually have a workout planned but will probably do some treadmill work or walk with the baby if its warm enough. Hurry up spring!

Have a great day ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alex12smith, I've added you to the 'star" challenge!

Better - sounds like you're going to have a SUPER-fun 7 weeks! A SUPER-productive 7 weeks! Good. For. You.

Not only did I get my lifting in-and-done, yesterday, but I also raced BACK to the gym, after work, and did a 60-minute cardio/abs class.

Today is a wonky abs class at my office. Fine - I brought my gym stuff here and will spend the 30 minutes with my little work friends!

Yesterday was an UBER-low calorie day! *If* EVERY day were like yesterday, mfp says I'd lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks!! WOW!! Unfortunately, not 'every" day is gonna be like yesterday....
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome new ladies!

Beeps- I am with ya on the diet pop. I am normally a 2 cup of coffee a day person and my doc said that is find to continue with that, but unfortunately coffee is making me nauseous lately. So I have been having a diet coke in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon too. I haven't been drinking pop for years, but I don't want to give up the caffeine completely for fear of headaches.

Better- how exciting to get in a nice routine with your husband! I love that. Mike used to run with me, but then he got all obsessed with lifting and barely runs anymore. And I just don't like lifting with him, AT ALL.

Had a great day yesterday, stayed well under cals. I did end up skipping my normal TRX and cycling, just because I did something to my neck and I didn't think the TRX would be good for that. So I went home and walked 3 miles on the treadmill. I cannot wait for it to get nice outside! I am sick of the treadmill! Tonight I will get in another walk and perhaps my Pregnancy Project DVD depending on how my neck feels.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Wow, Beeps, that's low. I have days like that. The scale LOVES those days. decided to start closing my diary again to help hold me accountable during our challenge. I also joined a 1 week challenge where I post my weight loss every week. I've been wanting to do this for awhile so I'm excited.

My husband came home late last night so there was no way I was going to get up this morning. Luckily, tonight I should have time.

Welcome, new friends!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I wasn't the only one who slipped up over the weekend. I think it's perfect timing for our new challenge, as everyone seems to be back on track this week!

Alex--I hear you on getting stressed when I don't know the calories of something. So I do guess a lot (at least when I'm eating out--at home I usually take the time to figure out the actual calories), but it's definitely better than nothing, expecially if you have a cushion built in in case you underestimate how much is in something. And we do also do two week goals, I think that a few of us set ours last week, but you can obviously jump in anytime!

Ashley--Sounds like a great day! That's so nice that you and Eric can do this together. I have a feeling that you'll both find it a lot easier to stay motivated since you can kind of cheer each other on.

Beeps--Great job on your double workout yesterday!!!

Chloe--Great job yesterday! I can't wait for nice weather either. This weekend its supposed to be in the 60s, so I'm hoping for lots of outdoor time….

Kelly--Two challenges should definitely keep you on track!

I had a good day yesterday as well. I was tempted to snack yesterday after dinner, but I was already just about at my calorie limit so I thought of you ladies and resisted. I didn't workout this morning but I'm going to lift weights in the gym in a few minutes.
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What is the two week challenge and is it too late to get involved? Thanks.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    so glad to see some new ladies - welcome!

Ris - congrats on not giving in & have fun lifting, I did a killer workout for my shoulders, bis & tris yesterday - sore today, but I'm just doing stretching

Kc - good luck with your new 1 wk challenge

Chloe - good idea replacing coffee w/ something having caffeine, you don't want to have headaches on top of nausea. I actually managed to push through w/ my two cups of coffee both pregnancies, just couldn't bear to give it up even when I was sick. I also cannot wait for good weather, I want to run!

Beeps - lifting & cardio on the same day, wow! I don't know if you added me to the challenge yet, but I'm in at 12,600 cals

Good luck everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kaperlinger - the 2-week challenge is any "challenge" you design for yourself that you are COMMITTING to keep for 2 weeks.

So, it could be:

1. how many calories to eat;
    2. how many work-outs to do;
    3. how many glasses of water to drink;
    4. how many hours of sleep to aim for;

or any combination of the above.

Or, really, anything else that you really want to measure, for yourself, to "nail down" into a GOOD HABIT.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Originally, when I came here, the 2-week-challenge started on a Monday and you kept that promise, to yourself, for 2 weeks.

Now, we've morphed into all sorts of challenges on the "go". And, no wonder....in some instances, WHY WAIT until Monday to start a GOOD PLAN??!!!??!?!?!?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    FOR THE "STAR" CHALLENGE, here's who I have enterred:

Date: report in on April 1st.
    Handle of Participant Weekly alotted calories

Beeps 2011 9,800
    ChLoE 1130 12,320
    RisOnTheRun 11,970
    kclynch 10,031
    Better_Balance 10,100
    Alex12Smith 10,500
    abigail1977 12,600

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF YOU ARE "MISSING", OR IF ANY BODY ELSE WANTS TO ENTER!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome new folks and as was said before, you pick the 2-week challenge for you and try and stick with it for two weeks, then maybe you can add something else, or try something else.
    But I should say that two weeks isn't long enough for most people who are close to goal weight, it can take a long time of being very consistent to see any changes, so don't give up too soon on any diet or fitness changes.

I am lifting 3 days per week stronglifts 5x5 style, for awhile, then a will try to really buckle down 6 weeks before Vegas and try to keep my calories in check.

I lifted last night and should be able to lift Wednesday and Saturday!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Please put me down for 9800 calories. I want to give it my all the next couple of weeks. Thanks!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Oops, I meant, I joined a 13 week challenge! I ate chocolate yogurt yesterday after I closed my diary. I was over 100 calories. Today I have a luncheon. Yikes.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies (and new gals!). I'm so so far behind here, but I just wanted to say hello!

Great job on organizing the new star challenge, Beeps! I'm looking forward to joining next week. I've had a lot of "events" again, which always dereail my eating - but I should be back on track for the next round :)

Anyhow, keep going ladies, everyone is turning out great goals!

I'm looking forward to my April 1st weigh in after 40 days of no scale - we'll see how I did! I managed to log even through the bad days (lots of guessing, but *honesty* on my part, too). I know there were some weeks I wasn't on track to lose anything, but I'm still looking forward to about a 2 pound drop. It just takes TIME and lots of it when you don't have much to lose. :wink:
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope your weeks are all going well! I lifted yesterday at lunch and it felt pretty good. It's such an easy way to squeeze in a workout on days when I don't get up early enough to workout in the morning; I definitely need to do it more often. Today is going to be tough because I went out to lunch and I'm going out to dinner tonight. I have my whole day logged (I made a guess based on what I'm planning on ordering tonight), and I'm just a few calories over, so I should be okay if I can stick to my plan. If I have time tonight maybe I'll squeeze in a 5 minute workout to get back under my net calories for the day :wink:
  • Alex12smith
    Alex12smith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hope you are all having a great day! Jus tthought I'd pop in and let you know how I'm going...
    Monday was crazy over, Tuesday was under, then Wednesday was a little over... Haha. So I just need balance my overs and unders to a nice medium :) Wednesday was mainly due to a couple of glasses of wine I had with some friends, so I can live with that :)
    As for sleeping and drinking water - water has actually been really easy, I've been having about 2.5L per day. I'm naturally a big water drinker, but I just forget to keep refilling my bottle or glass, so having it on my mind makes me remember. Sleeping hasn't been quite as flash, I had one glorious 8 hour sleep, but the 2 night since then have been 6.5ish, which I know isn't TERRIBLE, but I'm always still sleepy when I only sleep 6.5 hours, and I wake up sooo energised after 8 hours!

I've planned a run this afternoon, and then I'm just going to have to try my hardest to get some exercise in over the weekend - I'm going on a road trip with some friends for Easter, so we'll just have to wait and see how that works out, haha.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My work-out, this lunch-time, was H-A-R-D. Hardest work-out I've done in awhile...here I thought it would be *me* setting the pace and stepping up the weights. Um, NOPEY...the work-out was written REALLY HARD! (The return of step-ups! 6 sets!!! Tons of lower body work - TONS of upper body work.)

I AM SPENT!!

My gym is now allowing children, aged 8 - 11, into the "group cardio classes", once the children have attended an orientation (with their parents). So, my daughter and I attended last night, and now she wants to do a cardio class tonight! So, I am having the nanny drop her off at the YMCA, after my work, and I'll meet them there....to put my runners BACK on and give it a whirl!

Literally, I've had 5 work-outs in 3 days!!